The Children's Center Employee Reviews

okay place if all you love to do is work
Early Childhood Behavioral Health Clinician- IMH (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 13, 2017
This place is a work horse. Their productivity is over the roof, so you often spend a lot of time chasing clients just to make sure you meet your min.

You are often meeting clients where they are at, so if they are at the hair salon. You probably drove them there just so they did not cancel the appointment.

They honestly don't focus on the quality of the mental health but the quantity. So if you have a family you will be working long hours without pay just to met your min.
Pros
out in the community, helping people
Cons
TOO many house and productivity over kill
Loved the children
Cooks Assistant (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 21, 2016
Had fun with children and when they would see me outside of work they would holler food! ( 6 weeks to 5 year old). They gave you an above average break. NO room for improvement
Pros
Children
Cons
No benefits
If you are caring, The Children's Center is the right place for you.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 20, 2017
Seeing the faces on the little one's face brings life to any situation.
I enjoy working with the Doctor's they are very nice. Always buying lunch and I love to eat.
Great place to volunteer and get some first hand experience
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLFebruary 2, 2017
From volunteering at the day care center I picked up multi-tasking skills and learned about priority and handling responsibilities fast and efficiently
Summary
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMarch 24, 2017
I assist children and families in the foster care world. I work to reunify families. The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the children grow and thrive in their environment.
Stressful and unsupported
OUTPATIENT CLINICIAN (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2015
Depending on the coordinator, you could have a great experience or a terrible one. The pay is low-average, the benefits are decent, but the expectations are high. Management does not seem to think the expectation is high, therefore they take disciplinary action if you aren't meeting or exceeding them.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Everything else
The envirnoment was a nice stepping stone to learn.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Chicago,ILAugust 10, 2015
I learned how to teach children from ages three to five. The head teachers were willing to share the knowledge that they had to advance the company. I enjoyed building relationship with the children.
Pros
Great management who supports employees.
Cons
We did not have any benefits.
Welcoming and exciting atmosphere where you're friends with everyone
Group leader/ Float (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAApril 29, 2016
A typical routine at this job consists of constantly having to sign in and out children from the classroom to or from the bus. We have to have a plan of new activities to do every day and maintain the children occupied. Breakfast, lunch, and snack is always served to the children with strict hygienic policies. Co-workers are extremely loving and we all relate in terms of speaking Spanish. We all work as a team and it's always a great time. The toughest part of the job is being alone in a classroom when a child who gets upset decides they're going to run out of the classroom. It becomes a battle between chasing the child, calling for help, and having ten to thirteen other children to watch over. The most enjoyable part is building a relationship with every child, going on field trips, and laughing with them.
Pros
Flexible hours, respectful co-workers
Cons
Unpaid breaks, at times disorganized
Fun and interactive place to work during school.
TEACHER'S AID (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 1, 2016
Everyday has the same routines which makes it easy to know what to expect. You will definitely learn how to multitask while learning how to be patient. Sometime it is important to take on a lead role to help the team accomplish the mutual goals more effectively. Most co-workers have the same personalities and are easy to get along with. The most enjoyable part is being able to work and play with the children.
Pros
flexible schedules, no weekends
Cons
minimum wage job, management is disorganized
Working with children from 1 year to 6 years
Wakefield - Teacher (Former Employee) –  Wakefield, MAJuly 14, 2016
I loved working here!I got to plan activities with children.I learned a lot working here.I definitely would have stayed here but I decided to become a mom:).
Experience working in a rehabilitation center for youth and families
Volunteer/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 5, 2016
-Interacted with children daily (mentor, monitoring, etc). Specifically working with children who may or may not have been experiencing life stressors such as disabilities, domestic violence, trauma, behavioral issues, etc.

- Learned how to interact with diverse groups of people and children of various age levels. Learned ethic and motivational speaking skills, and persuasive communication. Most of all gained experience providing great customer service and gaining relationships with children and families. Also learned some office duties.

-Hours were very flexible. Company focused on providing and helping children for a chance of healthy development. Took customer care very seriously and has a great influence on children's families lives.

-Co-workers and staff were very nice. Learned how to work together and maintain non-conflict environment.

-Hardest part of the job was working under pressure at times.

-Most enjoyable part was working and gaining relationships with children
Pros
great experiences
Cons
volunteer/unpaid
It;s a fun place to work. I love knowing I have a great group of co-workers.
Crisis Care Unit Center Clinician (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 24, 2014
I am able to work and balance my life well. The compensation and benefits are great. Most of all I find my job rewarding knowing I have helped a child in crisis.
Pros
Meet different people each day which is great.
Cons
Working with families who do not agree with our recommendations.
Children's Center
Therapeutic Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kearns, UTMay 20, 2016
It's a high stress job but very rewarding. Working with kids with hard life situations. It's cool to see them grow and excel. Requires a lot of patience.
Overall Job Review
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAJune 11, 2014
It was a very dysfunctional work staff. The compensation was way to low for my daily exspences.
Pros
Close too home
Cons
hours, salary
Was a Productive and Fun environment
Intake/Licensing Specialist (Former Employee) –  DetroitFebruary 18, 2014
Worked at this agency for almost 8 years. In the 2013 we were under new management. The environment became pressured, fearful and unsecured. I loved my job until I was assigned to a supervisor who was not experienced in my specific duties. I was considered a exceptional worker until....... The new management and supervisor succeeded in a campaign that assassinated and exaggerated my work performance negatively. Prior to the new management; the job was enjoyable very fulfilling and I enjoyed completing tasks to take care of my foster parents and children. My leaving was hurtful; as, TCC being an at will employer, there was no avocation process that could help with my situation. I was under a supervisor who style was controlling and singleness of purpose.
Pros
TCC was....... an excellent environment.
The Children's Center was a productive workplace with much room for advancement.
SIL and Foster Care Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 8, 2014
I started work at 8:00am. I always arrived to work 45 minutes early to get extra work completed.

I learned how to supervise two programs simultaneoulsy while keeping my staff's moral high.

My management style was always being fair, firm and consistent.

I got along with all my co-workers. We often dined after work.

The hardest part of the job was making sure staff didn't get burned out.

The most enjoyable part of the job was watching students become independent and family's being reunited.
Pros
Free coffee, Iphones
Cons
high turnover of staff
Education
Head Start Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 10, 2015
This job particular was the the beginning of my career . It help me understand why education was important to me and why I chose the field of education. I enjoy using my techniques from college and incorporating with in the classroom. Also i was able to understand the different learning styles . The harderst part of this job that I had to leave to go back to college when summer break was over.
Good Entry Level Positions
Supports Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 5, 2015
I help children with disabilities and their family's by providing case management. I love my team. The mental health system is difficult to work in because of funding constantly being cut. The turnover rate is very high, which effects the continuity of care.
Busy Educational Workplace
Group Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 3, 2014
Sept.-June I assist teaching preschool. In the AM we do breakfast, bathroom breaks, free play, circle time, assist children doing papers, snack time, gym-craft-or outside play, assist with lunches. All the while nurturing and assisting children. In the summer I work with the summer program with school age children. Park, ball field, pool three days a week, crafts, field trips.

I enjoy working with various age co-workers (from 20-70+). The hardest part of my job would probably be the long down time while the kids nap (from 1-3) I usually try to keep busy by preparing for next day paperwork or craft, or cleaning up rooms, etc.Most enjoyable part of job is working with and enjoying the kids.
My job title is Group Room Supervisor
Pros
Many different types of personalities - btw. kids and staff
Cons
minimal salary and raises - no advancements
Productive rewarding work place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Franklin, VAMay 11, 2014
I work with children daily. It is very rewarding. There is no room for advancement. The pay is very low and management is very poor. The organization has some great qualities. Its fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Center. Our community is ready to answer.

The Children's Center Reviews by Location