The Children's Courtyard Employee Reviews

Childrens Daycare center
Bartender, Wait Staff (Former Employee), Austin, TXJune 30, 2015
Fun and exciting place to work. Long hours with great rewards and incentives. Children were great I learned time management skills.
Fun place to work
Assistant Toddler Teacher (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2015
Pros: Very fast paced and fun place to work
Cons: they don't pay you enough to do all that you do
Love the job but doesn't pay enough. The children are just children and they're innocent so it's hard not to love this job. if you're lazy you probably don't want to work here.
Would not recommend
Prekindergarten Teacher (Former Employee), Longenbaugh, Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
Pros: Teachers, children
Cons: Management
I chose to work at Children's Courtyard in an attempt to move forward within a company. After just a few weeks of working there, I realized that it was not the place for me. The 'curriculum' was poorly written and the 'books' chosen were all written by the same few people. One example of these books was Tilly the Triangle who did not like her shape, so she ate a lot of food to change it. When she – more... became a bigger, different shape, she did not like that either. Then Tilly stopped eating all together in order to become a small triangle again. The children were taught 'work first, play second' which is not developmentally appropriate. They were given homework assignments that needed to be returned and were made to do table top activities which meant sitting at tables doing math and literacy 'games' or writing exercises.

I really enjoyed the teachers that I worked with and my original director. However, halfway through my time there, we received a new director. Wonderful teachers were made to feel inadequate. The same time that I put my leave notice in, 3 other teachers quit as well. This was almost a year ago and some positions have still not been filled. – less
great staff
Floor Manager - School Age Program (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: benefits after 90 day window
Cons: split shift makes for a long day.
Its is a hopping place to work and you never know what your day will have in store for you. I do enjoy the people I work with and the kids that I am in touch with during the day. My hardest part of my job is being at work at 7am and having a 2-3 hour break in the middle of my day.
fun workplace
Assistant Teacher/ Customer service (Former Employee), Arlington, TXDecember 16, 2014
The children Courtyard is a very special job. They take a lot of care for their kids and families. The Management team up there are very polite and you can talk with them about anything and they will listen to you.
Caring fun environment
Assistant Teacher/ Lead Teacher/ Cook (Former Employee), Arlington, TXOctober 6, 2014
A very fun caring place to work. I enjoyed how caring my co-workers were and how much love they showed for the children there.
Enjoyable
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Current Employee), North Richland Hills, TexasSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling for schooling
Cons: short staffed
The Children's Courtyard is a great job if you love kids. I have had the best experiences with the children growing and learning from each other. I love my management team, they have always been so supportive of my schooling.
I loved this job.
Teacher assistant (Former Employee), Bedford, TXJune 26, 2014
I worked with the early preschoolers and i loved every minute of it, from the finger painting to nap time, i had the opportunity to teach the children various things from colors, to baby sign language.
Watching children grow and learn
Director (Former Employee), Corinth, TXMay 22, 2014
Pros: working with children
Cons: long hours
I was the director for a childcare facility that was licensed for 215 children, but maintained an enrollment of 147 children. The area the school was in had 6 other child care facilities within a 5 mile radius; three of which were owned by the same company. We each had different things to offer including the price. At the end of my employment, I opened a brand new facility, hiring all the employees – more... and recruiting all the enrollment for the school. The first week we opened we had 21 children enrolled. By the third month we had 85 and by 6 months we had 134. I was responsible for overseeing all the daily work for each classroom as well as the administrative work that took place behind the scenes. I planned events for the school and parties for the children and their families to enjoy outside of normal business hours. I was a member of the chamber of commerce and hosted the meetings at the school. The hardest part was the time that it took to run the school. I hadyoung children and it was hard making that sacrifice to be at the school before it opened and then to stay till after it closed making sure that everything was in order for the next day. – less
Rewarding work experience!
Management (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2014
Love to be creative and have fun while working with children daily!
Productive and a learning experience.
Teacher (Current Employee), Cedar Park, TXApril 1, 2014
Great place to work at! A good learning and hands-on experience.
This place is horrible!
Master Teacher (Former Employee), Bedford, TXFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: good parking
Cons: managment sucks
The pay sucks, management is horrible. They hardly give a childcare discount to employes.
Understanding parents and great kids. Fun coworkers.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: work with my schedule
Cons: inconsistant
I work alone in a pre-k classroom. I open my room, spend the whole day doing curriculum among other activities with the children, and I close my room down for the night. I have learned how to be communicative with my coworkers and managers in an effort to better the company. The hardest part of the job is running a full classroom on my own but it is also the most rewarding. My most enjoyable part of the job is the appreciation I receive from parents for my hard work.
Productive, fun and entertaining
Teacher (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TX.January 5, 2014
Pros: educating children
Cons: children drop-ins (a child is dropped in for only a day)
Teach and interact with children, prepare lesson plans and implement classroom activities. Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Work well with co-workers; open communication with co-workers and parents. Hardest part of the job is wondering if you have impacted a child daily. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with children; the things they say and do, I learn from them as well.
Favoristism
Co-Lead Teacher (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXSeptember 26, 2013
I felt as though certain teachers could do more than others and were favored over others.
Fun workplace
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Grapevine, TXAugust 1, 2013
A typical day at work required me to develop lesson plans for the children and parents. I learned to be patient and understand balance between school and work.
great place
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 22, 2013
I really liked this job it was a great place to work the children were good kids to work with.
Fun enviroment
Campus Director/Mentor Director (Former Employee), Flower Mound, TXJuly 9, 2013
I had a great time working at Writ Process. The president and CEO made sure that they kept it upbeat in the office because it was a stressful job with customers. The hardest thing about my job was speaking with customers that we took money from that could not afford the money to be taken. I enjoyed the job and the experience of Alaska.
productive
Lead Teacher (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 22, 2013
great place to work. Loved working with the kids. Excellent bunch to work with.
Very demanding and helping the needs of people in a fast pace environment.
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Coppell,TxJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: free lunches
A typical day would be handling the data on the computer. Making sure everything is up to date. Welcome customers with a friendly face. Lead a team of highly motivated and self motivated. The hardest part of the job was seeing unsatisfied customers but at the end of the day there needs were met. The most enjoyable part was seeing each and every one of my team leaders have a such a happy confident look on there face when they completed the job properly. Hard work pays off.