The Children's Courtyard Employee Reviews

Challenging and Fun place to work
SCHOOL AGE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 27, 2017
The Childrens Courtyard is a leading provider in the early childhood education field. I truly enjoyed my time there and only left due to circumstances that were out of my control. They offered a lot of training opportunities, competitive pay, great benefits and I thoroughly enjoyed most of my management team during my employment.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long work days
A fun place to work
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 2, 2017
On a typical day at work would be moderate pace.
I learned how to run a classroom. Management was ok. The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the kids.
Pros
Vacation paid
Cons
no 15 min breaks
worst manager ever
Two's/preschool teacher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 29, 2017
I worked at the ceder park location. its pure torture to work with Joyce. When you call in because your sick you get scolded but she refused to send sick kids home including ones with lice. They expect you to do way to much and still care for the kids. ZERO and i mean ZERO communication. I would get pulled out of my classroom anytime there was someone on vacation or out sick.
loving and friendly place to work
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2017
It was a good company to work for the people were friendly ,the families were wonderful and really cared about the education of the children.it was a wonderful place to work and i wouldn't trade it for the world
Great Place to Work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCSeptember 21, 2017
I love this place and the people that run it! If you love children and want to work in a daycare, this place is where it's at! I have nothing to say bad about Children's Courtyard and I would work there again in a heart beat! Fun, loving co-workers and amazing parents and sweet kids is what you will find there any day of the week!
Teaching Children
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I was hired as a teachers assistant. I was involved in the learning and fun time for all the children in my assigned classroom. I enjoyed teaching them and getting them prepared for full time school. My favorite part was making the kids happy and the rewarding relationships I made with the children.
Children's Courtyard Experience
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Overall, I really enjoyed working at Children's Courtyard. I worked with the company for 2 years and I have gained plenty of knowledge and insight on working with children. On a typical day, I used the schedule to implement various activities with the class to keep them constantly engaged.
Pros
Working with children, team building lunches
Fun if you make it fun
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2017
This is a great job for those who have passion with children but also who have the patience. It can be a bit stressful but you learn to make it fun. Im still learning everyday.
Fun and rewarding
Child Care Provider/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Getting to work with kids, teaching them, and creating lesson plans was fun. It was rewarding when the children caught on to the things you were teaching them. It was enjoyable watching them have fun during the activities you created for them during the day.
Watch out for upper management!
Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 1, 2017
Admin and Directors are good. District Managers and up are cut-throat! They only care about money. They force you to work out of ratio. The schools are constantly short-staffed. They don't care about the kids - it's not safe for the teachers or the children! The benefits are not enough to compensate for the conditions the teachers have to deal with.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Everything else is a con..and I do mean a con!
Love it
Child Care Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 20, 2017
Great place to work if you love teaching. I have been the PS2 teacher to now the PK1 teacher. I love teaching.
Kids are our future and need to feel loved, nurtured and cared for by their communities and teachers.
Pros
Cameras in classrooms
Cons
Staffing
Fun workplace
Toddler Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 5, 2017
Great place to work. Families are wonderful and so are the kids. Despite all the citations it's a wonderful place to work. Staff is awesome and amazing.
Pros
Great staff wonderful families
Cons
Horrible pay and horrible hours
Family oriented
Tx, Full-Time, Early Pre-School Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 26, 2017
Awesome place to work at if you like children. Pretty consistent schedules. Very understanding management. Great first job to gain experience for future child care ventures.
Pros
free lunches occasionally, teacher appreciation week
Cons
few bathroom breaks, shorts breaks
Educational
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2017
I learned a lot about early childhood education. I was then able to use those tools I had learned in raising my own kids.
All of the teachers were very nice and easy to talk to.
Was disappointed
Teacher (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 23, 2017
I was hoping to work along with great people. But when teachers start acting like children and get away with it makes me wonder the safety of the kids. Teachers are thrown everywhere. When you are hired you should stay in your classroom not all over. Management could stop playing favorites and take action
Pros
Kids, planning
Cons
Healthcare, coworkers, parents, safety, pay
Fun, Loving, Caring center
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXJune 20, 2017
Grapevine is a great Children's Courtyard. Management is really loving and friendly with the children and parents. Lots of families have started outside friendships and playdates due to the school activities to keep everyone involved.
Lead teacher
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2017
I've been here at this school for 3 yrs and never got a raise. The director or the front office never kept up on our ratio. I was left with 17 kids toddlers 18 to 24 months all the time. So I left
What I learned
Private Kindergarten/1st Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 25, 2017
Instruct adult learners in ESL1 &2 and other adult literacy programs
• Prepare and administer pre and post tests to all students
• Maintain complete and accurate student information into the computer systems
• Participate in developing the curriculum using a variety of materials; including life skills, computer assisted instruction, and support services
great place to work
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 23, 2017
great place to work and bring you children to learn. I loved working hands on with the children and build bonds with them, as well as teach them to be structured children.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
you will have to change younger childrens diapers
Productive love kids
Assitant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 18, 2017
Loved working with kids but wanted to establish myself within my field. This is the perfect job for someone in school but now that I have graduated, I'm looking for something else.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Short break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Courtyard. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9