The Children's Courtyard Employee Reviews in United States

Promotes from within and allows plenty of room for advancement.
SCHOOL AGE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX, Arlington, TXOctober 14, 2015
The Childrens Courtyard as a company is above average. They offer decent benefits and in most cases their compensation is fair. They expect their employees to be teachers not babysitters which is great. They have great curriculum for the kids which makes being a teacher a whole lot easier. They do trainings monthly and give plenty of room for advancement. They like to promote from within. I started out as an assistant teacher and worked my way up to being a School Age Manager. The most enjoyable part of the job is the kids and parents. While they can both be demanding and difficult at times the majority are kind and appreciative. The hardest part of the job is that their is a ton of paperwork. While it is enforced for good reason which is to keep the kids safe and encourage learning it becomes a lot to maintain when you are a teacher. My experience with management has been wonderful for the most part. I had a director and district manager for 5 years that were absolutely amazing and always willing to help. My last director wasnt so much but that happens anywhere you go. Overall i would say that The Childrens Courtyard is a great place to work if your looking for long term and advancement.
Pros
advancement opportunity, benefits, childcare discount
Cons
long day, normally a split shift with a two hour break, a lot of paperwork to maintain.
Productive and positive work place.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Fun and inviting work place.
learned a lot of patience, and sticking to a schedule is the key.
Management is probably this companies downfall, no constancy.
Co-workers were great, really felt like a family.
The kids were defiantly the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Decent benefits.
Cons
Will do anything to avoid going into overtime, 4 or 5 hours breaks. schedules changes multiple times a day.
Fun place to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 7, 2015
The kids are friendly and want to learn. The grading and filing part is easy. The tough part of the day is nap time because most kids dont want to take a nap.
Childrens Daycare center
Bartender, Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 30, 2015
Fun and exciting place to work. Long hours with great rewards and incentives. Children were great I learned time management skills.
Fun place to work
Assistant Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2015
Love the job but doesn't pay enough. The children are just children and they're innocent so it's hard not to love this job. if you're lazy you probably don't want to work here.
Pros
Very fast paced and fun place to work
Cons
they don't pay you enough to do all that you do
Would not recommend
Prekindergarten Teacher (Former Employee) –  Longenbaugh, Houston, TXApril 13, 2015
I chose to work at Children's Courtyard in an attempt to move forward within a company. After just a few weeks of working there, I realized that it was not the place for me. The 'curriculum' was poorly written and the 'books' chosen were all written by the same few people. One example of these books was Tilly the Triangle who did not like her shape, so she ate a lot of food to change it. When she became a bigger, different shape, she did not like that either. Then Tilly stopped eating all together in order to become a small triangle again. The children were taught 'work first, play second' which is not developmentally appropriate. They were given homework assignments that needed to be returned and were made to do table top activities which meant sitting at tables doing math and literacy 'games' or writing exercises.

I really enjoyed the teachers that I worked with and my original director. However, halfway through my time there, we received a new director. Wonderful teachers were made to feel inadequate. The same time that I put my leave notice in, 3 other teachers quit as well. This was almost a year ago and some positions have still not been filled.
Pros
Teachers, children
great staff
Floor Manager - School Age Program (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2015
Its is a hopping place to work and you never know what your day will have in store for you. I do enjoy the people I work with and the kids that I am in touch with during the day. My hardest part of my job is being at work at 7am and having a 2-3 hour break in the middle of my day.
Pros
benefits after 90 day window
Cons
split shift makes for a long day.
fun workplace
Assistant Teacher/ Customer service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 16, 2014
The children Courtyard is a very special job. They take a lot of care for their kids and families. The Management team up there are very polite and you can talk with them about anything and they will listen to you.
Caring fun environment
Assistant Teacher/ Lead Teacher/ Cook (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 6, 2014
A very fun caring place to work. I enjoyed how caring my co-workers were and how much love they showed for the children there.
Enjoyable
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TexasSeptember 29, 2014
The Children's Courtyard is a great job if you love kids. I have had the best experiences with the children growing and learning from each other. I love my management team, they have always been so supportive of my schooling.
Pros
flexible scheduling for schooling
Cons
short staffed
I loved this job.
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJune 26, 2014
I worked with the early preschoolers and i loved every minute of it, from the finger painting to nap time, i had the opportunity to teach the children various things from colors, to baby sign language.
Watching children grow and learn
Director (Former Employee) –  Corinth, TXMay 22, 2014
I was the director for a childcare facility that was licensed for 215 children, but maintained an enrollment of 147 children. The area the school was in had 6 other child care facilities within a 5 mile radius; three of which were owned by the same company. We each had different things to offer including the price. At the end of my employment, I opened a brand new facility, hiring all the employees and recruiting all the enrollment for the school. The first week we opened we had 21 children enrolled. By the third month we had 85 and by 6 months we had 134. I was responsible for overseeing all the daily work for each classroom as well as the administrative work that took place behind the scenes. I planned events for the school and parties for the children and their families to enjoy outside of normal business hours. I was a member of the chamber of commerce and hosted the meetings at the school. The hardest part was the time that it took to run the school. I hadyoung children and it was hard making that sacrifice to be at the school before it opened and then to stay till after it closed making sure that everything was in order for the next day.
Pros
working with children
Rewarding work experience!
Management (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 12, 2014
Love to be creative and have fun while working with children daily!
Productive and a learning experience.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXApril 1, 2014
Great place to work at! A good learning and hands-on experience.
This place is horrible!
Master Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 17, 2014
The pay sucks, management is horrible. They hardly give a childcare discount to employes.
Pros
good parking
Cons
managment sucks
Understanding parents and great kids. Fun coworkers.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Grapevine, TXFebruary 7, 2014
I work alone in a pre-k classroom. I open my room, spend the whole day doing curriculum among other activities with the children, and I close my room down for the night. I have learned how to be communicative with my coworkers and managers in an effort to better the company. The hardest part of the job is running a full classroom on my own but it is also the most rewarding. My most enjoyable part of the job is the appreciation I receive from parents for my hard work.
Pros
work with my schedule
Cons
inconsistant
Productive, fun and entertaining
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX.January 5, 2014
Teach and interact with children, prepare lesson plans and implement classroom activities. Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Work well with co-workers; open communication with co-workers and parents. Hardest part of the job is wondering if you have impacted a child daily. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with children; the things they say and do, I learn from them as well.
Pros
educating children
Cons
children drop-ins (a child is dropped in for only a day)
Favoristism
Co-Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 26, 2013
I felt as though certain teachers could do more than others and were favored over others.
Fun workplace
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXAugust 1, 2013
A typical day at work required me to develop lesson plans for the children and parents. I learned to be patient and understand balance between school and work.
great place
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 22, 2013
I really liked this job it was a great place to work the children were good kids to work with.