The Children's Home Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly work environment
Behavioral Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 15, 2017
Supportive staff always ready to help! Individual and family counseling services provided by The Children’s Home are designed to help children attain and maintain a healthy state of mind, while also improving the functioning of the child and the family. If working with children is your true passion, The Children's Home is the perfect fit! There are many different services within the agency and are for children of all ages.
Pros
Client graduating from mental health services
Cons
Fast-paced schedule
Monitored and maintained daily programming for at risk youth
Resident Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 3, 2017
Monitored and maintained daily programming for at risk youth with mental illness and behavioral barriers. Provided Therapeutic counseling to children overcoming abuse. Set and contributed to a safe, dignified, and orderly atmosphere by enforcing program rules, policies, and procedures
Whats there to say
Primary Caregiver Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 15, 2017
Don't have much to say about a company who feels their workers are expendable. No raises. Hours vary n are inconsistent. Don't work here run, get out
VERY Cliquish
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDFebruary 23, 2017
I felt unsafe because I was not in the clique. So if the kids ever attacked me, I donot think other staff would have come to my aid. Communication is poor between staff. People come late everyday with no repercussions. The kids are allowed to whatever with no accountability. And if you get injured, they will try not to pay your worker's comp because they are barely afloat fiscally. I would only recommend working there if you absolutely have no where else to go.
Pros
Free meals. Flexible schedule.
Cons
They accept dangerous youth who try to harm self or others
Would not recommend
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 1, 2016
Excellent opportunity to help children and families in need but management is terrible and your employment there is based on whether or not they like you. You could be let go at any time.
Pros
Helping kids
Cons
Poor management
Don't be Fooled
Worker (Former Employee) –  TampaMay 25, 2016
They must pay people to give good reviews, because despite some of the glowing reviews, this place sucks for anyone that is not part of the upper management. If you are one of the three or four folks at the top it's great. If not, be prepared to be screwed. The turnover is very high. That should tell you something about this place. Most of the staff stay less then 2 years. Management smiles in your face and stabs you in the back and even though this is supposed to be a place for children they seem to think about them after the fact. No,..they don't think about them at all. They only think about how to make life better for those at the top.
Pros
A job
Cons
Loved working with the youth
Lead Medical Office Assistant, Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDApril 13, 2016
Had great experience as an employee, was great building relationships with the residents and employees. My experience was good because of the department I worked in we all got along very well.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner
Cons
lots of gossiping
excellent company
Residential Counselor/Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJMarch 10, 2016
excellent staff,clients and workplace environment. enjoyable work environment culture , great experience and learning experience.
Fun Working Environment
Lead Staff/Teacher's Assistant/Youth Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDFebruary 9, 2016
The staff worked together and provided the proper care and staffing for its clients. Also, the supervisor were easy to work with and allow the staff to be themselves at work to achieve success in the workplace.
Childrens Home Feedback
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 27, 2015
Children's Home Located in Lawrence vill . I think this job would be great for someone who comes to work to do just that. The staff are helpful.
Horrible treatment from top management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2015
I do not recommend this company to anyone. There is unfair treatment towards excellent employees. HR director does what she pleases without consideration and steps over other department directors. Top management constantly lies to employees and changes policies to accommodate situations to benefit their own needs.
Pros
Helping children
Cons
Negative environment, horrible management
Intersting work enviornment. Challenging work. New challenges daily.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 22, 2015
New unexpected challenges daily. Challenging and new obstacles daily. Great co workers. Good job perks. You get the chance to help others daily.
Noble place to work.
Support Analyst Technician (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDApril 5, 2015
It's a noble place to work because of the mission of the company. It's a non profit company, so I spend a great deal of time inspecting electronic and computer gifts. I daily remove viruses from residents computers. Build computers, load software. Troubleshoot and fix Microsoft network, software and hardware.
Pros
fulfiment working with a company with noble mission
Cons
lots of work
This place is not what it used to be.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 13, 2014
The residential management needs reviewing. Poor decision making, unfair treatment of direct care staff, no opportunity for advancement, no raises, overworked and underpaid. It is poorly managed and that will be the demise of the programs. It's hard to do your job effectively and complete all job tasks without someone looking over your shoulder or watching the cameras to see what you are actually doing. Management continually point their fingers and blame the staff for their wrong doings, they are not held accountable for their actions and the things they do. HR is not reliable either, they are too busy with other things to investigate the nonsense of these managers, and take their word over the hard working direct care staff.
Pros
Making a difference in the lives of our youth
Cons
Poor Management, Long hours, no opportunity for advancement, low wages, no raises, you dont get paid time and a half for holidays, no breaks, unfairly treated, not a good place ot work unless you really need a job.
Rehabilitation of Juneviles/healthcare
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDNovember 12, 2014
I acquired added knowledge in the rehabilitative process of caring for behavior youth and understanding their predicament. I was required to participate in various training in that area which was very helpful in taking care and helping some youth not affiliated with this center although that was not my office in which I was hired. Overall the
management of this facility, I would rate as a eight (8)
Children well being and interest at heart.
Pros
Programs in placed for rehabilitation.
Cons
prefer not to address.
A wonderful place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 17, 2014
I enjoyed working there. It was an opportunity to better your job skills and go to college for more education and training. The people were good to work with stressing being a team player. The compensation and benefits were good.
Pros
All good
Great co-workers
RESIDENTIAL TREATMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Peoria IllinoisJuly 3, 2014
As I stated before it doesn't seem like work. Everyone understands the stress associated with the job so we are all very easy going and get along well
Great Place to work
Behavior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJJune 16, 2014
Great people and environment! TCH is a great place to gain experience working with troubled and/or DD youth.
Productive and busy day
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJMay 31, 2014
My job pertains, breaking up fights and connecting with the young girls in this program. Not every day is a fight but almost everyday is, I've learned her that everyone is not the same and you have to be patient and take your time with certain girls. My co workers are reliable for the most part because we work as a team getting things done and making the house get along well with one another. The hardest part of my job is the constant AWOL and fighting non stop, disrespecting staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with the girls and getting threw to them enforcing them that there is a better life out there than this.
Great staff
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJMay 7, 2014
Great place to learn from out of college. Some days are extremely physically and emotionally exhausting while other days the children make me laugh regardless of their negative behaviors. Staff is what helps get through the day.