The Children's Home Employee Reviews in United States

Don't be Fooled
Worker (Former Employee) –  TampaMay 25, 2016
They must pay people to give good reviews, because despite some of the glowing reviews, this place sucks for anyone that is not part of the upper management. If you are one of the three or four folks at the top it's great. If not, be prepared to be screwed. The turnover is very high. That should tell you something about this place. Most of the staff stay less then 2 years. Management smiles in your face and stabs you in the back and even though this is supposed to be a place for children they seem to think about them after the fact. No,..they don't think about them at all. They only think about how to make life better for those at the top.
Pros
A job
excellent company
Residential Counselor/Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJMarch 10, 2016
excellent staff,clients and workplace environment. enjoyable work environment culture , great experience and learning experience.
This place is not what it used to be.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 13, 2014
The residential management needs reviewing. Poor decision making, unfair treatment of direct care staff, no opportunity for advancement, no raises, overworked and underpaid. It is poorly managed and that will be the demise of the programs. It's hard to do your job effectively and complete all job tasks without someone looking over your shoulder or watching the cameras to see what you are actually doing. Management continually point their fingers and blame the staff for their wrong doings, they are not held accountable for their actions and the things they do. HR is not reliable either, they are too busy with other things to investigate the nonsense of these managers, and take their word over the hard working direct care staff.
Pros
making a difference in the lives of our youth
Cons
poor management, long hours, no opportunity for advancement, low wages, no raises, you dont get paid time and a half for holidays, no breaks, unfairly treated, not a good place ot work unless you really need a job.
Horrible treatment from top management
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 13, 2015
I do not recommend this company to anyone. There is unfair treatment towards excellent employees. HR director does what she pleases without consideration and steps over other department directors. Top management constantly lies to employees and changes policies to accommodate situations to benefit their own needs.
Pros
Helping children
Cons
Negative environment, horrible management
Fun Working Environment
Lead Staff/Teacher's Assistant/Youth Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDFebruary 9, 2016
The staff worked together and provided the proper care and staffing for its clients. Also, the supervisor were easy to work with and allow the staff to be themselves at work to achieve success in the workplace.
Childrens Home Feedback
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 27, 2015
Children's Home Located in Lawrence vill . I think this job would be great for someone who comes to work to do just that. The staff are helpful.
Intersting work enviornment. Challenging work. New challenges daily.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 22, 2015
New unexpected challenges daily. Challenging and new obstacles daily. Great co workers. Good job perks. You get the chance to help others daily.
Rehabilitation of Juneviles/healthcare
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDNovember 12, 2014
I acquired added knowledge in the rehabilitative process of caring for behavior youth and understanding their predicament. I was required to participate in various training in that area which was very helpful in taking care and helping some youth not affiliated with this center although that was not my office in which I was hired. Overall the
management of this facility, I would rate as a eight (8)
Children well being and interest at heart.
Pros
programs in placed for rehabilitation.
Cons
prefer not to address.
Most incoming donations and money earned in our stores went to help the children.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJuly 10, 2012
I broke my tail working for them. Even though I was only required to work 5 days each week, I loved the place and the kids so much I worked 7 days each week. I was offered 3 weeks vacation each year, but never took any in the ten years there. I liked working there that much. Unfortunately my supervisor believed the lies of one of the workers who was his personal friend.and I was fired. That employee was stealing from the company to the tune of several hundred dollars each year along with a volunteer and he knew I was on his tail. That is why he lied about me and had me fired.
Pros
i could not wait to wake up in the morning to go to work. very satisfying work.
Cons
my supervisor believed the lies of his personal friend, who was stealing and let me go without checking his lies and storiews which were totally untrue.
fun and relaxing job atmosphere
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 25, 2014
The Children's home sits on a picturesque 210 acre farm. Unfortunately at this time the programs are lacking in funding and has made the management team to dwindle and leaves supervision a little lacking. All of the staff are very well trained and qualified and is a pleasure working with them all. The hardest part of the job is having to do so much with very little in ways of funding so the pay is a bit low. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with very dedicated staff and making a difference in the life of a child.

Want to know more about The Children's Home?

Ask a question
Dedication
Behavioral Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly NJMarch 25, 2014
Excellent programs and support
As a shift leader its important to manage all co workers in a manner to ensure safety of the children,

Interacting, talking teaching everyday life skills

Management is supportive and available

Its such a reward to see the children smile and most importantly that they learn something everyday. The blessing comes when a child that hasn't spoken or done something in awhile but yet with you they do and then their parents' want to shadow them only
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay
New CEO is evil
CFO (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2012
The new President of this company is evil! She fired my dad and all of the other upper management for no reason! Do not work here!
Productive work place
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Titusville, NJJune 14, 2012
I get to work about 8am pass medication at various times of the day.I interact with the clients and respond to any medical situations. I learned how to work with DDD children. I only work every other weekend 12 hour shifts. Management there is organized and professional. My co-workers are good workers. There's no hardest part of the job for me,i enjoy working there and the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the clients.
A wonderful place to work.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 17, 2014
I enjoyed working there. It was an opportunity to better your job skills and go to college for more education and training. The people were good to work with stressing being a team player. The compensation and benefits were good.
Pros
all good
Cons
nothing
Noble place to work.
Support Analyst Technician (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDApril 5, 2015
It's a noble place to work because of the mission of the company. It's a non profit company, so I spend a great deal of time inspecting electronic and computer gifts. I daily remove viruses from residents computers. Build computers, load software. Troubleshoot and fix Microsoft network, software and hardware.
Pros
fulfiment working with a company with noble mission
Cons
lots of work
Excellent company to work for.
Licensed Therapist (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLNovember 1, 2012
I can only speak for the program I was working in (it is a large company), but the management was intelligent and kind, and they balanced meeting the company goals with treating the staff respectfully. They seemed to genuinely care about their staff's wellbeing, which is not always the case in large organizations that are required to meet outcomes for funding.
Productive and busy day
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJMay 31, 2014
My job pertains, breaking up fights and connecting with the young girls in this program. Not every day is a fight but almost everyday is, I've learned her that everyone is not the same and you have to be patient and take your time with certain girls. My co workers are reliable for the most part because we work as a team getting things done and making the house get along well with one another. The hardest part of my job is the constant AWOL and fighting non stop, disrespecting staff. The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with the girls and getting threw to them enforcing them that there is a better life out there than this.
I did not enjoy working at this particular location.
Residential Counselor I (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJFebruary 11, 2014
I found my manager to be greatly unhelpful in assisting me in being successful at the Children's Home. The staff was just as unhelpful. But this all helped me to realize I needed a slight career change!
Mental Health Agency working with children and families
Counseling Educator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 30, 2013
I enjoyed working at The Children's Home, Inc. My passion is to work with children and families and advocate for their needs. I work a day shift in a day program with students. I assist staff, counselors, and case workers in meeting the needs of children.
Pros
flexiblity
Cons
short breaks, no retirement plan, higher health cost
Great scenery
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 14, 2014
Great housing for the children that resigned there. I loved the environment and having the opportunity to work with the less fortunate. I know for me growing up times were rough and just being able to put a smile on thee children face is what made my experience so wonderful.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
gym

2.8