The Children's Hospital at Montefiore Employee Reviews in United States

Great Experience working at Montefiore
Registered Nurse, CPN (Current Employee) –  3415 Bainbridge aveAugust 26, 2014
I have a acquired 8 years of experience as pediatric register nurse for which I am completely graceful.
Well-run hospital that appreciates social workers - difficult work
Pediatric Oncology/ Hematology Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 3, 2014
In my typical day, I worked with clients both inpatient and outpatient. Many of the children that I worked with were in crisis - either very ill or dying. I provided assessments, discharge planning and counseling to children and families. My co-workers were excellent, and I had little involvement with management. The work was traumatic at times and the discharge work was tedious at times. The most enjoyable part of the job was making connections with the children and families and helping them.
Pros
meaning full work
Cons
dealing with insurance companies
Wonderful place for a student to learn!
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 14, 2013
I was a social work student intern at Montefiore and I feel that I learned so much about the field by working there. The people were kind and very professional. Everyone was dedicated and hard-working. It was a great place to work.
Productive,worthy, and fun thanks to the children.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 26, 2012
A day at work would be to go in and check the due list, clean the toys to make sure everything is clean before the children comes into the playroom. After a certain time the playroom closes and we start to attend bed sides which is attending to those kids who can't leave their rooms. I've learned its important to always give your job the 100% you need to give and how important it is to keep things flowing with time. My co-workers were always nice and friendly. The best part of the job is when I see the kids so excited to get into the playroom and play with all the toys, seeing them happy was amazing.
Pros
free water
Cons
short breaks

4.6