The Children's Institute Employee Reviews in United States

Great Learning Experience
One to One Aide (Former Employee) –  Verona, NJAugust 2, 2015
I learned a great deal about ABA and how to implement the methods correctly. The other employees are great and very supportive.
Productive and Encouraging Work Environment
1:1 Aide (Current Employee) –  Verona, New JerseyMarch 5, 2015
At The Children's Institute, I implement academic and behavioral programs using the principles of ABA. I have also learned about the following: video modeling; pairing; reinforcement and punishment; token economies; response cost; Google; and a variety of other strategies and techniques. My co-workers and I all work together in a collaborative effort to answer questions, figure out programs, and ensure the success of the students.
Pros
enjoyable work environment, encouraging and pleasant co-workers, nurturing environment, room for growth, numerous professional development opportunities
Cons
salary
Pediatric Rehabilitation.
Team Leader/Pediatric Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 23, 2014
Assisted in patient care with newly diagnosed spinal card injuries, both paraplegics anf quadroplegics. Provide emotional support to patients and families.
Preceptor and Charge Nurse.
Challenging, but rewarding workplace
Physical Therapist - Pediatric Rehabilitation (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 21, 2014
Challenging, but rewarding workplace that provides autonomy in determining course of treatment.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
heavy caseload
Challenging, yet rewarding, work place
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PaApril 8, 2014
I have gained a plethora of knowledge from my colleagues and patients. The variety of patients helped shape my skills, both with the patients and with their families.
Happy and Fun Environment
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2014
A typical work day involves making a significant difference in a patients life by processing authorizations for their therapy visits and inpatient stay with the insurance companies.
Pros
working with children, being a part of patients improvements
Cons
flexible hours
Permanency Specialist
Permanency Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 3, 2013
I typically conducted visitations with children and their birth parents, traveled to foster home and ensured the safety of the children, and completed different paperwork. I learned a lot about the PA foster care system and the needs for a broad range of services for children in foster care. I had wonderful co-workers and a great supervisor. The hardest part of the job was letting go of some of my children when they had to move to different homes or out of my agency's foster care all together. It was very rewarding though to see hose children grow and either be adopted, succeed in something in their life, or if appropriate return home.
Pros
amazing co workers, great incentives
Cons
no a lot of room to move up in the agency