The Children's Place Association Employee Reviews

I love working with the children
Child Care Worker/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2012
I worked three 12hr shifts per week dealing with foster children who had physical and/or mental disabilities. I learned patience and how to work with a diverse group of people. My co- workers were great they were friendly as well as professional, the hardest part of the job was watching the kids leave once we got them well enough to go to foster homes. I enjoyed getting to know the children and helping them to thrive
Pros
3 day work week
Cons
raises weren't consistent enough
Good Working Environment
Accounting Intern, Part-time (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 1, 2015
I worked directly under the supervision of the organization’s CFO. I worked on the monthly-accrued payroll and was in charge of entering monthly reoccurring journal entries for employee benefits.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Sometimes boring tasks
Productive family oriented work place
Child Care Worker/Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 27, 2012
My work day stared at 7am , I would have a brief meeting with the charge nurse about a care plan for the children and whether or not they had any appointments. I would then dress and feed who ever was assigned to me, and then depending on the age and needs of the child I would perform any scheduled activites that included anything from reading a book, tummy time or assistaning with physical therapy. My co-workers were friendly and very attentive to the needs of the children, the hardest part of the job was watching the children leave and the best part of the job was knowing that I had a part in helping them get healthy enough to leave.
Pros
free lunch, family atmosphere, 3 day work week
Cons
it could be very emotionall trying at times
Mission driven non-profit that makes the world a better place
Controller/Head of Finance (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2012
The Children's Place Association was a great place to learn about managing a non-profit and all the grants/contracts that entails. The CEO is the rare combination of compassion, entrepreneur, and a savvy financial manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place Association. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6