The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Perfect first job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAOctober 20, 2017
Like many teenagers new to the workforce - this was my first job. Retail. I worked the cashier which was very easy to operate. Folded clothes. Remade floor displays.
Productive and competitive fun work place
Sales Assoiciate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJOctober 19, 2017
When I worked for The Childrens Place I really loved being there the staff was great we all worked together.Got along very well, almost like a family.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Lunch or Break time
Not worth it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMOctober 18, 2017
I loved the people that shopped there, but the managers were something else. After asking them over and over again that i needed more hours for my schooling, they still didn't give me the days i needed to work in order to pay for my schooling.
Pros
Great customers, easy work
Cons
don't get enough hours
Great company to work for. Great pay and good opportunity for advancement.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2017
Very high paced worked environment. Company is very good to their employees. Management is very involved with the associates, and very knowledgeable in the trade.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Long hours and being that it is a retail company, you are required to work extended hours even on holidays.
Customer Service at The Children's Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIOctober 18, 2017
The work environment at The Children's Place was overall fun. The managers were nice, the environment was fast paced, and the day went by quickly because of that.
Relaxed and hard working
customer service (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 16, 2017
I love working here. The people are great to work with; management is awesome and works with your schedule.Just don't get a lot of time to work each week or good pay.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad pay
It was a new experience for me and the other employees were very helpful and understanding
Picker (Current Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALOctober 15, 2017
This job was very fast paced and not climate controlled. It took a while to get used to the lack of break time between assignments and excessive walking on concrete floors and climbing to reach needed items. I feel more training could have been given,but management was patient and other employees were very helpful in learning new skills.
Pros
Plenty of work hours
Cons
Very little break time between assignments
a fun workplace
Seasonal sales associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 15, 2017
Its a good place to start working at because you get to see the how retails is with your own eyes. The most enjoyable part was engaging with the customers. The hardest part of the job is learning to be patient because a lot of customers don't read the sales that are posted outside. Many customers ask the same questions over and over again.
Pros
have a different perspective in retail
Cons
you have to be alert at all times
good company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 15, 2017
Talent development, sales training, enjoyed the problem solving and visual merchandising opportunity. The training program was comprehensive and structured.
Pros
Training
Cons
n/a
Fun fast pace environment
Assistant Stylist/Product Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2017
I learned a lot working at The Children's Place, the management was fantastic. I still work here free lance, so I occasionally get called in to work. The hardest part of the job was working with numbers, but once I had a system down it was relatively easy.
Pros
Free lunches, Nice co-workers
Cons
Unexpected long days

Want to know more about The Children's Place?

Ask a question
Great management but little pay for a lead
Leader on Duty (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAOctober 13, 2017
Being an LOD, I believe that I should be compensated more per hour and given more hours. The store manager gives me as many hours as she can but it’s not enough but other than that I absolutely love the place!
Pros
Discounts and superb management
Cons
Low pay
stressful and unstructured
Lead (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSOctober 11, 2017
A typical day there is to come to work and be stressed out because the manager never did work properly. There was always an associate to call out and no back up associates to take their place. Manager was paid salary so if a manager position called out, she would not go in and she would ignore phone calls so she didn't have to come in. I enjoyed to overall experience with the associates and hard working district manager who always made sure to check up on every store hourly every day.
Pros
30% off
Cons
short breaks, bad management
Productive and fun work place
Part Time Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Central Valley, NYOctober 11, 2017
The daily work pace is fast. We all work well together so we get things done quickly. The only bad thing about this company is the lack of pay. They pay their employees very poorly!
Cons
low pay
Lots of work
Team Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 10, 2017
Lots of work, fun place, work load didn't equal pay. expectations for completion of floor sets versus hours given weren't reasonable.Good discount on clothing for children if you are an employee.
workplace culture
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYOctober 10, 2017
Depending on which store you worked in would determine on your experience. I was a sales lead and had the opportunity to work at three different stores with only has my main store. My main store was a high traffic store and with very diverse customers and employees. We had a lot of difficult customers so if you didn't have a thick skin or the patients you wouldn't last. As far as the other store because since they weren't as busy it was slower paced.
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 9, 2017
I enjoyed working at the children's place. The work environment was fun and the management was very friendly. The management was very good at scheduling hours around your life.
The kids are great but not enough hours available
Daycare Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 9, 2017
I love the children but I need more of an income than it is providing. As a daycare facility there are only so many hours available and with a busy school schedule as well it just isn’t working out.
great starting job for me
Cashier stock sales (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 8, 2017
the chldrens place was my first job it was nice to clean the store before opening and waiting for cute kids to come in with their mommy the hardest part was stock
working overnight wasnt easy and lots of work to be done as well
Pros
Working less hours but making normal pay
Cons
to tiring at times
work / life balance
Shipping & Receiving Administrator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALOctober 7, 2017
made lots of friend working for this company. the work to life ratio could be a lot better. the pay for the area is good. management is a little disorganized and could use work on communicating with there associates.
Fun and Rewarding Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COOctober 6, 2017
Everyone was very helpful and made each day enjoyable to be there. The managers were amazing and created a relaxed atmosphere so that you did not feel overwhelmed in the day to day things.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.