The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Found 1,520 reviews matching the search
Great Retail Envirnment, Rewarding.
Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2016
The environment was fast paced and rewarding. Numerous opportunities to network and cross communicate with field peers and corporate departments. One of the best teams of talented leaders and future leaders I have had the opportunity to work with. Field support from the Corporate Office was very supportive and always of a collaborative nature. Talented and dedicated people! Relationships that were cherished.
Pros
development, opportunities, leadership, culture.
Cons
hours
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Floor staff (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIDecember 2, 2016
While there I get to so what I love by meeting and helping new people. The company offers so many benefits to it customers and employees. What I love most is at the Southland mall location the supervisor works aeouns your schedule and is very efficient qhen it come to getting the job sone correctly and in a timely matter and includes his team in productivity.
I love it there :)
Pros
works around schedule
Cons
not many hours for sales associates
Great work environment
sales associate/sales lead (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNNovember 5, 2016
I enjoy working for this company.
I go in to work ready for the day. Greet customers, keep a very neat, clean, and organized work place.
Process shipment, keep merchandise neat and folded.
I have great co-workers, that are all ready to work.
Awesome management team, very dependable.
I've learned how to manage multiple tasks.
I have learned the way to deal with customers that are angry or not happy.
I have learned how to coach co-workers, help them learn new things or give tips to help improve if needed.
And how to manage responsibilities for running the store.
working at the Children's Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDNovember 5, 2016
When I worked at the Children's Place, it was an easy job. A typical day of work would be helping customers to find what they need, doing shipment when it had to be done, cleaning and straightening up the store before closing for the night, and ringing up customers when they were done picking out what they wanted to purchase. All of my co-workers were really nice and fun to work with and they always helped each other whenever it was needed.
Pros
nice co-workers
You are not important, nor is your family or your time.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 28, 2016
Do NOT work here! The payroll is weak as it is. Combine with this, the fact that you cannot earn additional hours if you make more money or traffic increases, you do NOT gain task hours if HQ decides to give you more work, and you as the SM are expected to work to cover the difference.

This is the worst place I have worked for in my entire 18 year retail career.

Do yourself and your family a favor and do not work here.
Associate
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PANovember 21, 2016
Greets and acknowledges customers while providing the appropriate level of service. Provided fast, friendly and accurate service at the service desk while educating customers on the benefits of the PLACE Card. Maintained appropriate stock levels and ensured that all sizes and styles are represented. Supports maintaining a clean, organized and efficient stockroom while adhering to TCP standards and safety requirements.
Initially Viewed as a Good Company...
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MOOctober 9, 2016
When I first started working for The Children's Place, I loved the work, the people, and the environment. However, over the past two years I have noticed several changes that have negatively affected the productivity and success of the company. My usual responsibilities included customer service and care, recovery, processing shipment, and helping newer employees acclimate to the job. I also ended up performing management level tasks. The most difficult part of the job was dealing with angry customers but that is with most jobs.
Pros
flexible hours and scheduling
Cons
poor pay rate, unrealistic company policies
The children's places
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  bronxOctober 3, 2016
I worked in Children Place for over 2 years . its was great getting to learn something new . its always so much things to do and the mangers are great ! I worked in Fordham road and A manger name Christine was completely amazing she respected her employees and always made sure everything was done . she will also help us when it was needed. truly one of the best jobs ever ! #ShoutOut To Christine Wright from the children places on fordham
Pros
30 min breaks flexible team players
Cons
closing shift do not come out till everything fixed
Very fast paced.
Picker/inventory (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne AlabamaOctober 6, 2016
Overall the children's place is successful. Fast paced environment, great company. I definitely love there clothing and accessories. Good reasonable prices, employees get a discount of course. The children's place is wonderful for doing online shopping, they always have great deals out.
Pros
Great food choices every day of the week. Pizza hut, ole tymers, jacks. Lots of different choices
Cons
A ton of walking but it was nescessary
Great company with awesome managers and co workers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 21, 2016
I recently started working at TCP. I love it. I am getting great hours and pay while being able to still be with my family. The managers work with me and are really great at helping me with any questions I have. The co workers are really helpful and always happy. I love that i able to pick up hours when they are available. The only thing that gets old is having to talk thru the walkie talkie. Other than that I love the fast paced, busy, work enviorment. I love TCP....
Pros
works wih schedule, managers care, co workers drop everything to help you.
Cons
having to talk thru the walkie talkie evrytime someone walks thru the door.
Productive workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJOctober 21, 2016
You come in and clock in through the computer. You have lockers to put your things away. Then you ask your manager is there any work to be done if there is no customers in the store that need assistance. The hardest part of the job is to convince customers to apply for the store credit card.The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly co-workers and the employee discount is great.
Simple and easy-going job
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 15, 2016
Although, I worked here for about week because I was seasonal, i really enjoyed my time and found it to be easy. I worked here during tax-free weekend and even though it was one of its busiest times, it was still not as hectic as I though it would be. A typical day was going around to different areas of the store and keeping them neat and organized, also, greeting and helping customers with any questions they had.
Pros
Simple, easy work
Cons
keeping track of break times (time in general)
Fast pace company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 9, 2016
The Children's Place is a fast paced company that puts a huge workload on their managers. I have learned more on how to delegate task to my team in order to get task accomplished in a timely manner. With all of the workload that is put on you, you learn how to push yourself harder and it puts strain on your work life balance. The company does have many useful tools when it comes to brand presentation and operations. There is great growth opportunity with the Children's Place.
Pros
growth opportunity
Cons
no work life balance
Don't do it.
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 26, 2016
The definition of under paid and over worked. Tasha and Mikayla are horrible to work with. So much drama you'll feel like you're in high school all over again. Training is nearly non-existent and you're expected to be flawless at the job. Honestly, there's better jobs out there and I would suggest looking elsewhere.
Pros
30% Discount
Cons
No such thing as lunch breaks, good day of work, or drama free life
A great workplace that creates a great team environment and leadership opportunities.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNSeptember 1, 2016
The Children's Place is an excellent place to work. They provide you with a great team atmosphere and great communication between everyone. On a typical work day we are filled with my quick tasks and easy to learn procedures. The hardest part of the job is learning to multi-task the different jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with customers and being a part of a great company.
Pros
Great work team
Cons
May seem overwhelming
Great working atmosphere, wonderful group of women
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kittery, MENovember 5, 2016
The job was of a typical retail position. We worked hard, without recognition from the public or the corporation. Some shifts required, especially during holidays, were overnight just to maintain the cleanliness and organization of the store. Certainly were not paid for our hard work.
Fast paced enviroment, fun for extra cash
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMDecember 9, 2016
Childrens place in Farmington is very busy and fast paced, takes people skills and multi-tasking ablilities. However, it is only a minimum wage part-time job and does not pay enough to live off of. There is some room for growth, I.e. lead management positions. This job is great if your a stay-at-home mom and need a few extra bucks.
Good Part time
Lead, The Children's Place - Wilkes Barre PA (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAAugust 14, 2016
I worked here for 3 years and was very close with my team. it doesnt take long to become part of the family. when I started it $8.00 but it has dropped to 7.25. depending on what store you work at the stress level can be high at times. My store didn't a lot of hours, so we only have two employees on at a time during the week (saturday there wher usally 3 on durning the second half of the day). we had to do floor sets and price changes while the store was open, so imagine having to stop what your doing to ring a costumer, then imagine getting a rush. However its still a nice place to work. the discount is really nice
( 30%)
Pros
Discount, time and a half on holidays
Good company overall
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 26, 2016
Since I have worked there for almost ten years the company has changed so many policy's . It seems like every month another policy is changing. But over all it is a good company just irritated with policy changes and changes of management. There turn over is really high.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
To many sales changes and not enough payroll
Decent work place with decent coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2016
Hours were not stressful, the coworkers kept things lively and interesting. Most of the coworkers and managers were very helpful to the new workers. The job gets stressful when we have to deal with irate customers and holiday shoppers and scammers. After hours were great since there were not much of a mess to deal with.
Pros
Health benefits Friendly coworkers and managers
Cons
Irate customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.