The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Found 1,513 reviews matching the search
Fast-paced and fun work environment
Team Lead/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 25, 2016
The Children's Place is an extremely fast-paced work environment but fun! On a typical day, there will be shipment ranging anywhere from 9 to 30 boxes a day and all of it is expected to be processed correctly. Keeping a neat and clean store is a must while customer servicing. Open and closing procedures include checking all store communications, creating sale goals for the day, sending emails throughout the day on daily progress goals, preparing deposits, counting registers, and other administrative work. Informing customers of all the benefits the store has to offer them from current promotions and sales, to reward programs, and credit card holder benefits.
I love working with the children but there is not option of advancement and no medical benefits.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Camden, DEJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work would be clocking in at 7am and going to the morning meeting place with my boss. At 7:30 the children go to breakfast and I put my first group of children on the bus to school. After breakfast I take my preschoolers to our classroom for our day of fun and learning.

I greet and interact with my parents because I believe we are a team in preparing out little people for Kindergarten.

The best thing about my job is we have formed a family bond with the co-workers and our parents. Relationships with good communication and common goals will last a long time is one of the things I have learn.

The hardest part would be dealing with some of the behavioral issues with some of the children.
Pros
Relationships with different families
Cons
No overtime, benefits or chance for advancement
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Floor staff (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIDecember 2, 2016
While there I get to so what I love by meeting and helping new people. The company offers so many benefits to it customers and employees. What I love most is at the Southland mall location the supervisor works aeouns your schedule and is very efficient qhen it come to getting the job sone correctly and in a timely matter and includes his team in productivity.
I love it there :)
Pros
works around schedule
Cons
not many hours for sales associates
Associate
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PANovember 21, 2016
Greets and acknowledges customers while providing the appropriate level of service. Provided fast, friendly and accurate service at the service desk while educating customers on the benefits of the PLACE Card. Maintained appropriate stock levels and ensured that all sizes and styles are represented. Supports maintaining a clean, organized and efficient stockroom while adhering to TCP standards and safety requirements.
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sanford, FLAugust 15, 2016
This place I thought would have just been for a summer job. But there is a lot of opportunity to grow. from being just an associate, Key holder,assistant manager. manager, and Manger. Fun and relaxing enviroment. And management is very easy going.
Pros
breakfast on management, pay raise for performing good
Cons
nothing
Fast pace work place
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAJune 21, 2016
I learned a lot working at The Children's Place. It is a fast pace environment. Being that there was never a lot of hours to give, it would normally be me, a manager, and sometimes one other associate so it forced me to be very independent, almost like I was a manager. The reason I left was because I was never offered a raise after over a year with The Children's Place even when told on multiple occasions that I was "one of the best".
Pros
Independent
Cons
Manager communication skills
Decent place to work short-term
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAOctober 12, 2016
There wasn't much room for growth. I worked there for almost a year and never received a raise. My coworkers were fun for the most part, but management was poor. The managers don't treat people appropriately or fairly.
Great benefits, very unorganized
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Cloud, MNOctober 4, 2016
Out dated equipment, unorganized management, not enough training provided by management, even though the company provided the necessary tools.
Pros
great benefits, nice discount
Cons
little training, outdated equipment, not enough employees on the clock at any given time
fun place to work with low salary and benefits
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2016
I worked here for a couple months but that is all it took for me to get the idea of how it was ran.They did not give me many hours and may pay checks were very low.The whole time i worked,there was nothing to do and basically just involved me walking back and forth through the store trying to find something to do.Sometimes i would just have to make up something to do like refold everything on a shelf or act like i was cleaning for the third time.over all it was a fun place to work,the people were great the job just kind of failed.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
bad salary, low hours
Decent work place with decent coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 17, 2016
Hours were not stressful, the coworkers kept things lively and interesting. Most of the coworkers and managers were very helpful to the new workers. The job gets stressful when we have to deal with irate customers and holiday shoppers and scammers. After hours were great since there were not much of a mess to deal with.
Pros
Health benefits Friendly coworkers and managers
Cons
Irate customers
Not so good place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDNovember 7, 2016
It started out as a nice job the employee were nice but then started to get new and it all went down hill the mangers treated their employee like trash
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not enough pay, mangers over work you, and only got a 10cent raise and less hours
Lack of training
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 4, 2016
While management is nice, a new associate or member of management can be thrown into the position with very little training and be expected to know how things are done there simply because you have experience in retail.
Pros
PTO for FT, benefits
Cons
Cluster * training=employees are replaceable.
Lot of stress
Lead Sales/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MONovember 9, 2016
The overall experience wasn't great. It eventually became "I'm only staying to get a paycheck". Management was HORRIBLE. Guess you can imagine from there how the rest of it goes.......
Pros
Cons
Pay, lack of hours, benefits, and management
Friendly
Sales Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 15, 2016
Friendly customers most of the time. From the moment you are welcoming them in, to helping them on the floor and when your closing the sale at the register. Most enjoyable part of the job was CLOSING, very faced paced.
Pros
Fast pace and keeps you busy
Cons
No off days, No benefits for part time associates
Good Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 6, 2016
If you like kids you'll enjoy working for this company, it can get fast paced at times, great management team, love my co-works. The hardest part of the job is cleaning up the store at the end of the day.
Benefits
Cons
The store gets messed up sometime
A very fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 15, 2016
The Children's Place was a great place to work. I enjoyed working and helping customers. The challenging part about the job was when we had shipment come in, we would be busy all day trying to keep the stockroom looking reasonable. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers and enjoy being around people who loved fashion.
Pros
Discount we can use in the store
Cons
The benefits
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 15, 2016
You will be told the daily goal at the beginning of your shift and will be required to do what you can to meet that goal. You will also have a Place Card goal that you are required to meet.
Pros
Fun place to work if you dont mind constant work.
Cons
The raises are terrible
Wonderful work enviornment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, FLNovember 1, 2016
A great company to work for, amazing boss to work under, non stressful environment, works with your life schedule, and great benefits for full time employees
Never would go back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDAugust 27, 2016
The pay is awful and there isn't any benefits unless you are a manager. but if you like working in retail , its a great place to gain experience. Pay minimum wage.
Cons
no hours, minimum wage
Unrealistic goals, minimum payroll hours
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2016
Its a lot of high expectations with little payroll or sometimes no support. When you have the payroll and the support then its a great company to work for.
Pros
Vaction, health benefits
Cons
Little payroll, unrealistic goals