The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Found 1,583 reviews matching the search
fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Great company to work for.My experience working there haves been great from leaning how to do inventory to learning how to do paper work .The managers has been very helpful. the associates were always the best always smiling they allways. They was always on top of everything.
Pros
the discount
Cons
up on your feet for hours, allways calling you in to work on your days off, allways short staff
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJanuary 10, 2017
it was a good work environment all my co workers and managers were good people. would not mind working for the children place again.
Cumberland location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2017
The store is unorganized in almost every way possible. The only thing you learn is how to work 4-8 hours a week. Management is unprofessional, unreliable; overall does nothing but come late, leave early, and eat food in between. Hardest part of the job is working the night shift because you are expected to stay late while being rushed through work with little to no assistance. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you get to clock out and go home.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJanuary 10, 2017
It is always something to do floor moves, mannequin changes, pricing events and great sales. You should be able to multi task because there is a lot of work with two on two coverage.
Flexible schedule, safe and clean environment
Child Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 9, 2017
The Children's Place, inc is a bright and fun place to work. They worked around my college classes and were flexible.
They provided health insurance and days off
Pros
Worked around my college classes
Cons
Moving furniture at end of day for the floor cleaner
Productive and Fun Work Place
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJanuary 9, 2017
The Children's Place is a children clothing store for all ages. This store offer opportunity for employee. This store offer you a flexible schedule and help you grow in a retail environment. All co-workers treat each other as a family, and it help your day to go by fast.
A typical retail job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MDJanuary 8, 2017
It wasn't an everyday job. I know the Store Manager of the outlet in West Ocean City, MD and whenever she would need help with inventory or an extra pair of hands she could rely on, she would call me in. I work well with people, and am very comfortable talking with just about anyone. So she could teach me how to use the register and leave me to it. When the company wanted to push people applying for credit cards, she knew I was the best person for the job because I can talk to people with ease. I'm also a very organised person, so if she gave me a task on the sales floor she knew it would be accomplished to her high standards. Most of the work was common sense based, so the job was not difficult by any means. At times working there was fun, even though things could be tedious.
Pros
Hourly pay, short days
Cons
An hour drive to get there, repetitive work
Productive work enviroment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 7, 2017
A typical day at work would be making sure the clothes was always organized, making sure we had the shelf's filled at all times. Always making sure our customers were out as quickly as possible. We also wanted to make sure that they had an account with us.
Pros
The discounts
Cons
low pay
my co-workers at this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIJanuary 7, 2017
Working here was such a nice experience. The employees were nice and welcoming easy to talk too and extremely helpful. It was like a family.
The Children's place is a typical corporation
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, KY 40067January 5, 2017
The Leadership in my store was young and made mistakes, but cared about the employees. The regional managers and corporate office however, didn't care about their employees' needs outside of what they absolutely had to. They were terrible about hours and logistic when it came to shift coverage. The store was rarely fully staffed.
An ok place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJanuary 5, 2017
The location is worked at I didn't really like it... Management were racist and didn't care about me as an employee at all. Had many conflicts about not having hours
Pros
Store discount
Cons
Pay was horrible
Productive fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 5, 2017
The management at The Children's Place is very friendly. It is a pretty relaxed job. A casual day would be greeting, cashiering, refolding and restocking items.
Love
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 4, 2017
I personally loved working here even if it was short lived. The staff is friendly and willing to help at all cost. Its not like most jobs, they make you feel welcomed and you enjoy going to work.
Somewhat productive.
Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLJanuary 4, 2017
The most difficult part of working there was that there was absolutely no team work, and very poor leadership; making day to day tasks very difficult to complete.
Pros
Great discount.
Cons
There was no team orientation.
Very open to anyone
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 3, 2017
The children's place is a great place if you're okay with kids, we have good customer service when it comes to the adults as well. Always keep a great attitude and willingness to help the customer. Want to make sure that they are satisfied and want to come back.
the experience wasnt bad
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJanuary 3, 2017
my childrens place experience wasnt bad at all. i had issues with the seniority portion of the job and the brought me in on their payroll with a lowered pay rate than everyone. but the job wasnt bad and i have no complaints.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2017
The job had its perks, I will say some things were not done decently and in order. Other than that it was a great experience
The chrilden's place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 1, 2017
A typical day at work for me would me opening the store doing morning paper work replying to emails and starting to get the new fright out on the floor.

Working at The children's place I learned how to open and close the store. Do floor sets remerchandise the store. Do hard marks and learned how to do inventory.

Management was lots of fun watching my co-works learn and grow was the super rewarding.

The hardest part of my job was when co-works would tell me or do something that was wrong and having to tell upper management about it and ended in one co-worker getting fired.

The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to interview people and having a great team made my job amazing. I got to watch a couple co-works move up in the company and other company's as well.
Pros
Being able to have paid vaction time.
Cons
short breaks.
Good place to gain customer service experience.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJanuary 1, 2017
Good experience. Good management, they worked with your availability and travel distance. Enjoyable to work with the customers and coworkers. Store manage was always attentive to his workers.
Busy work, good for temporary work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALDecember 29, 2016
It was an okay job just not for me. More busy work and not much room for growth. Long hours when it is the busy season. A lot of walking and standing for long periods of time. Co-workers are nice and interactive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.

The Children's Place Reviews by Location