The Children's Place

The Children's Place Employer Reviews

Fun Enviorment
cashier (Current Employee), texarkanaDecember 29, 2014
The people are fun and friendly people. Fast pace job, you have to have good customer service to work their.

i would run the register, and put out stock and shipment.

I have learned alot more about customer service

They hardest part of the job, is lack of communication to other employees
Love the comany
Sales Associate (Former Employee), wheaton mdDecember 25, 2014
Great place to work but going full time for the bank was a better choice for me the time I did spend there although it was short I love helping the company grow by telling everyone about the store how they are great people to work with and even better with helping customers feel welcome
Unproffessional Children's Place
Lead Store Associate (Former Employee), Upper Darby,PADecember 25, 2014
Cons: very mismanaged. managers were very unproffessional! hostil work environment.
Very unprofessional management team. Absolutely mismanaged. Horrible work environment. Store leads were late to open up the store as well as managers. Poorly ran. Poorly underpaid. Good quality clothing though for reasonable prices.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: sometimes they offer $ when you open a store credit card
Cons: managment does not know how to keep their personal life outside of work
Its a fun place to work but keep in mind it's a kid's clothing store so yes expect their to be kids. The store gets very messy very quickly so theirs always cleaning and folding to get done. Management was okay but their personal lives to begin to impact the store. Hardest part is when you have screaming kids and grumpy moms.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 15, 2014
a typical day includes replenishing and organizing stock, answering phone calls and inquiry about product, organizing sales floor, updating sales floor merchandise and signage, cashier
Learned to be patient with customers
Management controlled environment
Co-workers were kind
Hardest Part was keeping sales floor organized during busy hours
Enjoyable part was getting enough hours
love meeting new people
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), dundalk marylandDecember 14, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: managent
-I'd open the store
-run bank deposits
-greet customers

it was an amazing job i learned a lot about customer service and how to take charge .
Drama filled environment
Store Lead (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYDecember 10, 2014
Over all the childrens place is a fun store to work in
The managers are a bit on the lazy side
Along with co workers, who constantly call out
Everyone in the store likes to voice their opinions about each other and cause unneeded drama
Loved This Job
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIDecember 9, 2014
Pros: discounts and dibs on campus events
Cons: very very public
A typical day at work was easy besides the beginning of semesters and when events were happening. I learned that as an employee, that you are important to the process of how things work even though you don't have that much power. Management was very nice, always helpful and flexible with working with my class schedule. Coworkers were good, we always kept ourselves entertained on the job while being productive. The hardest part of the job was having to go to the other side of the campus for simple errands but not that hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help students and visitors on the campus.
A Learning Experience
Store Lead (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 5, 2014
I didn't work with The Children's Place for long, but when I was hired I was given the opportunity to work as a Shift Lead, which was unexpected but very much appreciated. It's a valuable work and learning experience. I had a chance to learn to effectively manage others, close and open the register as well as the store, use my creativity to help with floor displays, and work with guests as a person in management. I enjoyed always having something to do, but the hardest part of the job was dealing with obvious shop lifters.
N/a
sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), Morrow, GADecember 2, 2014
a sales associate/cashier, assisted customers on the sales floor and at the register, stocked shipment and replenished sales floor
Unattainable workloads, bare minimum staffing
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great employee discount on already affordable clothing
Cons: with the emmence workload, the focus is taken away from customer service
Children's place multi million dollar company that, not only doesn't pay it's employees well, but also has unattainable workload goals. They, in essence set their teams up to fail by piling on workloads & deadlines while cutting payroll hours to the bare minimum.
The products are amazing. The quality is far superior to other kid's retailers & the prices are very affordable.
No wonder 10 worse
Store manager(former) (Former Employee), Folsom, Ca.November 28, 2014
Pros: good discounting for associates
Cons: see above.
I just left the outlet division as a store manager. Have been a retail mgr. and business owner for over 30 years. On e of the worst. No payroll. Shotgun /promos. Bonus plans stink. Upper mgt. is disconnected.Distribution system is run by amateurs. Have tools but no time to use. Store mgrs, are nothing but high(not that high) priced cashiers. No time to really manage. They care more about pushing credit cards and conversion, which is an absurd concept, than they do , sales and shrink. Are so cheap they don't even have an inventory service do inventories.They leave"padding" inventories wide open. Point of sale/.IT systems are 20 years behind.
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Worcester, MANovember 24, 2014
Pros: easy work
Cons: no full time unless you are a store manager or asm
I currently work at the children's place and I have been here for a year now. Its a great place to work and even though the pay is low for a sales associate you have opportunities to move up in the company if you show good work ethic. I enjoy my job here very much!
Fun place to work and grow
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), bridgewater njNovember 23, 2014
I was able to work my away up the company very easy and everyone was very helpful
Hard to work for
Management (Current Employee), CaliforniaNovember 20, 2014
Pros: great pay and discount
Cons: too much to list
They say retail is always changing which can be great. But every day there is always a change. Great tools are provided for employees but not enough payroll to utilize them. There is a huge disconnect from field positions to HQ positions. There is a reason this place has been voted by employees as the 10th worse place to work for.
N/A
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), North Bend, ORNovember 14, 2014
Fast paced, fun work environment! Lot's to do, you can have fun when appropriate
productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 10, 2014
Pros: one hour break
Cons: replenishment
I had fun working here team work and everything was great, you got discounts on merchandise and a one hour lunch break
was a great place untill it was not worth it anymore
Leader on duty (Former Employee), Rosenberg, TXNovember 7, 2014
Pros: customers, children
Cons: store managers n new assistan managers
The only thing I loved about TCP is my customers and the children. I gave that store my all just for a store manager not wants to see me come up in the company. She was a good manager at first but once she got the people she needed she didn’t pay much attention to the others. She used us and never huddled us in about anything, she always stayed in the back office on her personal phone never, but when it was brought to her attention she went crying to the DM and cried to her stating that the management team was picking on her, an how I know cause it had been recorded by her assistant manager never helped with anything clearence could be out for a week and she would never mark it down, nor clean fitting room cause she said she had her share of dressing rooms, all she does is give you a cheat sheet in case Corporate comes in the store never takes the time to teach you anything. Also we recived a Gift Card for winning the place card challange and it was for $250. not once did we see the back refrigorator stocked or drinks stocked no snack what so ever, pizza once but that didn't cost $250, SO where is that $250.00 AT? Then after that she would cut your hours just for the simple fact that we spoke our mind and just ask for a little bit of help from her. She never trains anyone, Why you may ask cause she don’t know nothing, she is not the right person to be where is at today! Also just cause cetain ppl didnt have kids she would make sure they worked certain holidays cause she knew they didnt have kids which is not right either. A store manager should want their employees to succeed – more... in a company why because they were once at the bottom. This is not a job when a lead manager can only get 15 hours a week, how are we supposed to survive on that and put food on the table and pay bills. Leads need to be looked at as Assistant Managers because we do just as much as they do and put up with a lot as well. Store Managers also taking test for other employees just cause they don’t like you and don’t want you to get the position is not right them store managers need to be fired and I am speaking of the same one. When a person is given an promotion make sure you test that employee in person and come in to the store and see them perform give them task cause people giving these position don’t deserve it why cause it’s just their drinking money check and they want to flirt with the moms that go there, while others show loyalty and determination to want to work and give it their all you do is over look the great potential that could do wonders for the company. Yes also another thing I was trying to play fair by the rules cause the whole time I was there we had to get place cards which means we had to ask customers to sign up for a credit card IF THEY GOT APPROVED THEY WOULD GET 25% OFF, BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE, STORE MANAGERS, LEADS, AND ASSOCIATES WHERE GIVING THEM THE ONLINE COUPON PLUS THEIR COUPON AND IF APPOVED THE 5%OFF NOT PLAYING FAIR AND I COULD NOT BE PART OF THIS LYING COMPANY. THIS IS NOT A PLACE TO WORK. I don’t hate the place just the management and the people that work their now are not dedicated workers……

My hardest part about leaving was my customers and the children that became family to me... I thank god that he opened another door for me and i pray for these people that dont want to see you come up, god bless your ugly hearts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – less
A place to grow
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Katy, TXNovember 2, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: unorganized
Need a huge change!!!
Can be a place to grow with the right support.
Changed a lot since I worked there
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYOctober 31, 2014
When I worked there it was not well managed, mainly due to top management and corporate issues. So much work and so little man hours given to do it all with.

About The Children's Place

The Children’s Place Retail Stores, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of children’s merchandise in North America. – Read more

The Children's Place Photos