The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Fast pace environment, competitive salary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 2, 2017
A typical work day would consist of standing of feet for periods of time folding and organizing stock inventory. Must be able to take initiative and multi-task attending to customers .
Advertise store memberships, sales and discounts
Pros
good work environment
Cons
short breaks, lack of hours
Productive and fast paced work environment
Store Lead (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CANovember 2, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was building close knit relationships with my coworkers and being able to grow as an individual and as a store lead.
Temporary position
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALNovember 2, 2017
It was temporary, but they wanted to offer me a part-time position but could only guarantee 4 hours per two weeks. They transferred me, but it was not worth missing hours at Best Buy. There was no room to move up for me.
Fun work place
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDNovember 1, 2017
I love working for The Childrens Place. The manager is amazing and very flexible with her employees. It is a fast paced but fun environment to work in.
Team work, customer service and growth possibilities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PRNovember 1, 2017
Loved working with the company, it has a great organization and a lot of learning tools. It's a teamwork environment and they give you the possibility of growing with in the company.
Pros
Great discounts, flexible hours, health care if you are full time
fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 31, 2017
its retail.. what else really is there to explain. we had to keep the store folded and maintained at all times. it was a fun work eniroment fast paced.. the hardest part of the job was dealing with the customers.
Fun work place
Retail associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 30, 2017
Its a great environment to work in.. Great managers. Clean and very organized.. Benefits but expensive. And not to many hours given a week. But a great place to work in as a second job.
productive workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYOctober 30, 2017
the childrens place is a well organized facility ran very well. a lot of good customer service. high quality clothing very easy to work with management
Pros
suitable hours
Cons
little to no breaks
bussy
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 30, 2017
typical day at work on a rainy day very slow, located in the heights so alot of Spanish customers not really a hard part of the job. most enjoyable working with co-workers learned how to be patient with customers
Hectic workplace
Sale (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 26, 2017
Chaotic environment with rude customers n careless management .. a lot of call outs and cut hours. No benefits and expectations fodfit to their liking.
Retail
SALES ASSOICATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 25, 2017
The Children's Place was the first retail job I had ever worked. It was not a bad experience. They just were not offering enough hours at the time, and the manager at the time was not following through with her job duties as a manger. But once she left the store began to come together more and the new manager was more on top of her job.
Exciting, fun folks to be around make you smile.
Sales Associate/Customer Service/Stock (Former Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDOctober 24, 2017
I think I did well. Hopefully I did well. Looking forward to becoming a new team member. Great experience one of the best jobs I've had. Great people everyone helping positive place alot of smiles & laughter.
Pros
Bring your lunch or eat out
Cons
15min break 30min break raise every 6months
Fun Place to work for students
Sales Associate/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Mankato, MNOctober 24, 2017
Easy pace, and easy hours. It is a very flexible place to work, would recommend for a student or someone who doesn't need too many hours. Management is good and fun to work with, it's a very friendly place.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Not good on hours if you need or want more
Productive and fun workplace and a little stressful
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOOctober 24, 2017
Typically always really busy. There is always something to do, either you are on the register, folding clothes and straightening up the store, or working on shipment. Even on the busiest days we still had to keep the store together.
I learned how to multitask by, answering the phone to help a customer while running the register and keeping an eye on the floor while answering questions of other shoppers.
The managers were really good at their job. They also cared about their co-workers and customers.
The hardest part of the job was making sure the workplace was still neat and clean while the store was packed with shoppers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when you've made a customer really happy, just by being kind and patient with them.
love working with my store manager
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXOctober 24, 2017
the only reason why i would suggest anyone to work at the children's place is because of my store manager. she's a mother, wife, and a really good store manager. she works hard for little pay, as do i and everyone else at the store.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
no breaks unless you work more then five hours
fgeiorj khoeirgj o
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSOctober 23, 2017
toi5 oitjorilgkj oirgjroieglkj kgnrkjgn kjgnfkjnrgoirkngkjfdnb kjfgndkjnbl ntrkfj regneroigk negknfkj,mng kdjgnmkjfgn rkjfgnrkjfgn krngjerkjgnerkjgn kdnkdfj,mgn k
Busy Retailer
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 23, 2017
It was a great work place for the most part but if you are working in Management be prepared to have a lot of your time consumed. I learned the art of retail at TCP, diversity, and competitiveness of the job. The management could be cut throat but the manager I had made sure you knew your job inside and out. The hardest part of the job were the work hours sometime you found yourself working past your regular work shift trying to meet deadlines. I didn't like the constant marketing change. The enjoyable part of the job the great benefits and the discounts
Pros
discounts, flexible hours
Cons
have to work weekends, holidays, short breaks
Poor management and poor treatment of employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALOctober 21, 2017
I was terminated while on maternity leave last year without a explination. I was told I was no longer in the system which was a lie because I went into the same store a few months ago and used my discount card just to see was it a lie and it went through. They really should get better management. I have a lawyer and we are going to take them to court for wrongful termination.
Pros
I loved the customers and co workers
Cons
Poor management poor treatment of employees
Perfect first job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAOctober 20, 2017
Like many teenagers new to the workforce - this was my first job. Retail. I worked the cashier which was very easy to operate. Folded clothes. Remade floor displays.
Productive and competitive fun work place
Sales Assoiciate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJOctober 19, 2017
When I worked for The Childrens Place I really loved being there the staff was great we all worked together.Got along very well, almost like a family.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Lunch or Break time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.