The Children's Place
1,156 reviews

The Children's Place Employee Reviews

No teamwork
Cashier (Current Employee), LaGrange, GAApril 16, 2015
Management was horrible. No help to advance. Showed favoritism.
Never took responsibility for own faults. Cried about things not going her way.
Fast paced environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 14, 2015
Cons: Not enough hours are distributed amongst workers, Favoritism is shown by manager
Fast paced environment, very rarely is it a slow day/moment; not enough hours are given to work sometimes only 4 hours a week or so.
Great experience, wonderful work staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 13, 2015
A typical day at work required stock, processing shipment, handling cash, customer service, and maintaining a positive and clean work environment. I learned how to process sale items, process shipment, back stock, door to floor processing, work a cash register, customer service, and cleanliness of a store. The hardest part of the job was trying to get all tasks done by the end of a work shift because we were a higher volume store and had a lot of traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I accomplished everything by the end of the work day and put in my best effort.
summary
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Paramus, NJApril 12, 2015
A typical day consist of helping costumers with their shopping, helping the new associates around the store and training new cashiers.
Great First Job
Retail Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 9, 2015
Pros: Great Staffing
Cons: No benefits, no set schedules.
Coming into The Children's Place I was nervous as it was my first job, but all the staff was so welcoming and pleasant. I enjoyed the helping of guest and the drive they have to push their company cards. It made the environment exciting. Hardest part of job would have to be the assets protection part. Not being able to stop someone from stealing is fustrating.
Back Stock Manager
Back Stock Manager (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 8, 2015
 Shipping and receiving the merchandise
 Taking orders from the customers in putting it into the system
 Scanned materials for store inventory and tagged items to be display
Great people to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Massapequa, NYApril 8, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Long holiday hours
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning up after customers, helping customers decide on what items to buy as well as ringing customers up for their items.
Being promoted to a Lead taught me how to do the opening and closing procedures as well as take on more managerial type work.
The hardest part of my job was probably the long hours during the holidays that seemed to never end or how the store never seemed to get clean during a shift. What made it worth while were the people I worked with. They were really great.
Help you develop skills
Associate Sales/Store Lead (Current Employee), PRApril 8, 2015
Pros: Nice environment
Cons: the working hours a week for associates is to low. Cannot make a living out of it
The Children's Place for some employees not all, is a very multitasking company. You learn how to deal with many things going on at the same time.
YOu can be friends with your co workers ( in my case that is)
The most enjoyable time is when a costumer accomplish your work and tell you how nice you are for the way you treat him/her, and them your boss recognizes it and give you more hours in the next week schedule.
Enjoyable work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Deer Park, ILMarch 27, 2015
Fun friendly atmosphere. Management was wonderful. The hardest part about the job is not having enough time to get everything done in a 4 hour shift or even 8 hour shift. There were no breaks because only two people worked at a time. The best part of the job was merchandizing and customer service.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bayside, NYMarch 27, 2015
Great place to work, great team. Management was very helpful and enjoyable to be around, and i was very happy to get a chance to work for this company.
Productive Day at work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Hazelwood, MOMarch 26, 2015
Opened the back of the store and made sure the floor was stocked with merchandise for the customers. At times I will migrate onto the floor to help the sales associates but majority of the time, my time was spent in the stock room. Managed a staff 3-5 employees. Made sure the right shipment came through the door and always made sure the right shipment went out the door when needed. Overall the management team was on task but at times the lack of communication wasn't there.
fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Landover, MDMarch 25, 2015
Pros: sometimes there would be extra soft drinks in the fridge
Cons: short breaks
Learned how to better multitask under high pressure, improved my customer service skills, management and coworkers were friendly and very helpful, hardest part of the job was being one of the few people scheduled and having so much to do at one time.
terrible management
Sales associate (Former Employee), Bayside, NYMarch 24, 2015
unprofessional management. Store hours were terrible. Unset times on when you'd be able to leave. I just wasn't a fan of how unorganized the store was, as well as the lack of commitment from my coworkers.
fun to work there
Customer Service Specialist/ Cashier (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: I liked my co workers
Cons: Management
I had to make sure that the customers were happy. Make sure that the clothes were always neat and stack. When i had to work on the cash register i had to be patient and make sure that i paid attention to what i was doing at all times. You had to make sure you was pleasant to all customer that come in the establishment.
busy back to school season
sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 24, 2015
Pros: discounted clothing, dealing with people from all walks of life
Cons: short breaks and standing for long period of time
going into work , whether it was cashier or being on sales floor i did both at the same time , it was fun ,i enjoyed giving customers my undivided attention, i enjoyed being in the environment. I learned how to better communicate with the customers, management was ok, i got along pretty well with my co-workers, the hardest part of my job was not being able to fill a customers needs ,the most enjoyable part of my job was being there and getting great reviews about my attentiveness to customers, making them laugh and enjoy the time they spent in the store with me whether i was searching for something with them or for them or just making sure they were satisfied
Productive and diverse work enviornemnt
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FloridaMarch 24, 2015
The job consisted of folding and organizing the sales floor on a daily basis. It also included handling cash and card transactions and assisting customers with their needs throughout the day.
Associate/Team Lead (Current Employee), Hammond, LAMarch 23, 2015
This job is idea for a college student looking for part-time work, but is also great for someone pursuing a career in management.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Laurel, MississippiMarch 23, 2015
Pros: discount on clothes an food in mall
Cons: short breaks, short hours, minimun pay wage.
A typical day at work included helping customers pick out clothes and find the right sizes while checking them out an keeping the store neat and clean. I learned to manage assisting several customers while being a cashier an keeping the store in order for the other customers. My co-workers assisted me in these tasks while making it a joyful work environment. There was no hard part of the job in my opinion, I enjoyed working there and it was a great place to gain experience in retail.
slow pace normal workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDMarch 20, 2015
work the cash register, fold clothes, how to fold childrens clothing , count down register, management was great, co workers nice, hardest part was being pregnant while working, most enjoyable operating cash register
It's ok
Supervisor (Former Employee), Gulfport, MSMarch 20, 2015
It is a children's Clothing Store and as a manager, you work long hard hours. There was much merchandising to be done as well as a lot for clothes to process.

About The Children's Place

The Children’s Place Retail Stores, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of children’s merchandise in North America. – Read more

The Children's Place Salaries