The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Found 1,997 reviews matching the search
Satifactorio
Asistente de Gerente (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRJuly 31, 2017
La habilidad de trabajar en servicio al cliente me ha ayudado a desarrollar destrezas comunicativas y efectivas con los clientes, brindándoles un servicio eficiente y de calidad en un ambiente dinámico.
Pros
Plan médico, Plan de Retiro entre otros
Cons
Salario
Okay place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gretna, LAJuly 29, 2017
It's a nice job when you have no other job , the pay could be better for the amount of work we do & the people we deal with , also offer more hours to their employees.
Cons
The pay
Did not work here very long
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 28, 2017
Staff was nice. Work life balance was good. Only worked there a couple of summers while in college. Was a good first job. They were willing to train and work with your availability.
Good job for students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 28, 2017
Works well with changing schedule, job isnt too hard or complicated, the store gets messy on high traffic days but there is almost always time to recover, love my co workers.
Pros
discount, short shifts.
Cons
minimum wage job
Relaxed place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJuly 27, 2017
I haven't worked there in quite awhile.
Relaxed and fun place.
Team broken into different departments to help replenish the clothes
Cute clothes
Team is like a family
fun work environment with creative freedom
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJuly 27, 2017
A typical day was analyzing sales numbers and labor budgets and planning the week accordingly. I learned the importance of communication and teamwork. My direct supervisor was supportive and accessible when I needed anything. Laid back fun friendly environment catering to families and children. The hardest part of the job was driving traffic in the current location. The most enjoyable part of the job was the creative freedom I had to merchandise my store and the incredible team I had in place.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Easton, PA 18045July 27, 2017
Manager was GREAT! She worked many more hours then any of the associates. She never expected someone to do something she wouldn't. The most enjoyable part was assisting customers with finding clothes that best suited them.
Decent place to work
Sales Lead Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CAJuly 27, 2017
I recommend this job to those starting in retail only. Little to NO place for growth within the company. PT employees have no benefits, poor pay for everything that is asked of you.
Pros
In a mall, Fun Co-workers
Cons
poor pay, drama, poor hours
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJJuly 27, 2017
Working at The Children's Place has brought me into the world of retail. I believe that this was a great start to customer service. My co-workers and managers are attentive and we are always ready to work as a team and give our best when we must work individually.
need more hours..
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jackson Heights, NYJuly 27, 2017
i enjoy working at the children's place, most of them are easy going. but mostly the hours also suck. in some stores better management is needed as well.
Pros
flexible with school schedules
Cons
don't get much hours
Fast paced
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 26, 2017
It is a fast paced environment to work in, i learned how to do marketing and merchandising. It is a team work environment, the hardest part of the job would be difficult customers.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
Good job
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 26, 2017
Had a lot of fun working at this place. We always had something to do. Never really had any problems till the last store manager came , she made everything bad, and talking about all the employees behind their backs to try and get employees to go has each other
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laguna Hills, CAJuly 26, 2017
A typical work day consisted of greeting customers and helping them with anything they needed. processing returns and sales transactions. Keeping up store appearance. Ensured all shelves were fully stocked, priced and labeled correctly. I learned how to use teamwork skills and to help customers who were upset and take care of any problems they were having. The hardest part of the job was telling customers there store credit card has reached its limits because they would get very upset, but the issue was always resolved in a proper and professional manner. I found the most rewardable part about working there was interacting with so many different people and helping them find items they were not able to find elsewhere.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
short breaks
Fun
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 26, 2017
Fun
not much
management was nice
workplace was decent
hardest part was keep the lines down during tax free weekend
seeing all the kids coming in to shop was enjoyable
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York StateJuly 26, 2017
A Challenging and Rewarding position within a growing organization that will allow me to utilize my clerical/computer skills, experience and education, as well as offer growth opportunities. Gained great lnoweledge here would recommemd to friends and family
Team work makes the dream work
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 25, 2017
I open up the store willing to make the best out of everyday, give my associates a huddle and tell them what my expectations are for the day with them
Pros
paid time off
Cons
hours aren't so great
fun place to work
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 25, 2017
I enjoyed my time at TCP as I loved working with my co-workers and met alot of nice people. I liked getting deliveries of clothing and helping customers choose the perfect gift or just choosing clothes for their own children. I loved going through the new merchandise every day and displaying it on the proper tables or racks. A typical night at work was to help with the unpacking & pricing of the new boxes that came in that day. Then I had to put out the new merchandise on either the tables, racks or wall displays. Also had to help customers with either ringing up their purchase or issuing refund if necessary or just offer suggestions to help but that perfect gift. After we finished with the delivery and putting everything away and we didnt have customers to help then we went around the store and made sure everything was straightened and in the correct place and ready for the next day.
Pros
Discount on clothing
Cons
very cheap company to work for Also hated doing inventory in Jan we had to work all night
successful nights
Sales/Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 24, 2017
i worked the night shift mostly. it was quick-paced and competitive. we made the work place a place of laughter. enjoying our job and assisting the customers.
Fast paced work environment
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 24, 2017
I enjoy keeping busy, some days the goals you are to reach (change daily ie forecasted sales mprccs and conversion )seem unrealistic but i love a challenge so I do the best I can to try to meet those goals. Coming from the west coast children's place to the Midwest only required a mild adjustment but things seem to be working out great! For me this is great job to pass the time sitting at home all day Sucks...
Pros
Meeting new people, returning customers, informing you that what u helped them with was a hit
Cons
Not against the store or company i just wish i didn't live 45 mins from work :(
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 24, 2017
managers are great
always something to do
great discounts
always helping people
competitive with card apps
fun work place
listen to music while working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.

The Children's Place Reviews by Location