The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Found 1,459 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work and grow with great people
PART TIME KEY HOLDER (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2016
Working at The Childrens Place is great. A typical day working there for me would be working on processing daily shipment, maintaining an organized environment for both the customers and employers, closing the store, and counting the deposits at the end of the day. I've learned great customer service and how to make sure the store is a success. Management at TCP is great. All my managers know how to make me feel comfortable and are always positive. The give great constructive criticism when needed as well. My co workers are the best! We're all like one big happy family. They're all great workers and awesome to work with. The hardest part about my job would be dealing with difficult customers and trying to make sure everything is good. Its hard to make sure my customers, employers, and store are doing just fine at the same time but I've learned to do the best I can. The most enjoyable part of my job is just working with the people that I do. I love the company but I know there's so much out there for me.
Pros
nice breaks, flexible
Cons
the pay is awful
Great Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZ 85282July 29, 2016
I have not worked there long enough to say how it really was. But when i was there for the 3 Months the coworkers we very nice, they helped out with whatever you need.
Good Place to start your experience at.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 27, 2016
I loved working here, just to get my feet wet and used to working. I would not recommend doing this for a long term career. I loved interacting with the children and making a difference in their lives. I also had a wonderful Boss that was awesome.
Pros
lunches/parties all the time/ interaction with the children was awesome
Cons
some bad children/ store was a lot to keep up/ messy bathroom.
Summer Job
Sales (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo, PRJuly 26, 2016
This experience was a summer job. Was an excellent experience in an administrative environment. Also, I acquired experience working with an switchboard, distributing the calls and messages.
Pros
Experience in banking environment
Cons
Only summer jobs
Fun workplace and coworker environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 25, 2016
Laid back learning atmosphere. Management comes and goes and most of the day is spent at the register checking out the customers or on the floor recovering the items.
Fast-paced and fun work environment
Team Lead/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 25, 2016
The Children's Place is an extremely fast-paced work environment but fun! On a typical day, there will be shipment ranging anywhere from 9 to 30 boxes a day and all of it is expected to be processed correctly. Keeping a neat and clean store is a must while customer servicing. Open and closing procedures include checking all store communications, creating sale goals for the day, sending emails throughout the day on daily progress goals, preparing deposits, counting registers, and other administrative work. Informing customers of all the benefits the store has to offer them from current promotions and sales, to reward programs, and credit card holder benefits.
Productive and a fun place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 25, 2016
I will work and help my employees as well customer's. Being a Manager in retail is not easy you have to do all the work manage sales,associates,hit monthly store quotes and pitch in whenever something needs to get done.So i learned to multitask in a fast pace environment. My employees were very friendly and fast learners. I think the hardest part of the job was working 12 hour shifts with no breaks.but I enjoyed meeting new people
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Turn arounds in higher management
Unrealistic goals, minimum payroll hours
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 24, 2016
Its a lot of high expectations with little payroll or sometimes no support. When you have the payroll and the support then its a great company to work for.
Pros
Vaction, health benefits
Cons
Little payroll, unrealistic goals
Very laid back setting
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 24, 2016
I enjoy the atmosphere of the Children Place, and would say that all my coworkers were wonderful and especially helpful when I started.
My day at the Children's Place
Sale Associate/ Sale Lead (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COJuly 23, 2016
Working at the Children's Place for over a year I have found out that you can't get comfortable with the same routine every day. There would be a full week where we have to move tables around for floor set or I have to change the mannikins. Or get signs up in the morning before we open on the day.
Pros
having great coworkers, hours
Cons
rude customers, working on black Friday
Great place to work at
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 20, 2016
My co workers at Children's Place were friendly and helpful. Managers were awesome. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up in the night but with everyone working together it was fairly easy.
Busy Workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 18, 2016
It's a very high pace job. Never a boring day dealing with customers and their children. They just need to work on paying more and having more room for promotions.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No recognition, not enough pay
Fun Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 15, 2016
You will be told the daily goal at the beginning of your shift and will be required to do what you can to meet that goal. You will also have a Place Card goal that you are required to meet.
Pros
Fun place to work if you dont mind constant work.
Cons
The raises are terrible
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJuly 15, 2016
I enjoyed working here I looked being around the babies that came into the work place especially my regular customers. working here all I did was greet customers keep the store upkeep clean.
A very fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 15, 2016
The Children's Place was a great place to work. I enjoyed working and helping customers. The challenging part about the job was when we had shipment come in, we would be busy all day trying to keep the stockroom looking reasonable. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with customers and enjoy being around people who loved fashion.
Pros
Discount we can use in the store
Cons
The benefits
the childrens place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 14, 2016
A typical day at work would start with me clocking in and finding out what needs to get done, work the floor and also the register. what I learned how to use the p.o.s system work the register and change sales. The work environment and management was very professional and friendly manner. the co-workers treated you with such respect and hospitality. The hardest part of the job was closing the store but the most enjoyable was getting familiar with the store sales and greeting customers
Challenge
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 14, 2016
There is hardly any training and no one knows what the other is doing. Communication is very poor. Associates feel very comfortable just calling corporate for any little thing.
Okay workplace, clean environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 14, 2016
Not much of a team oriented environment. Very clean environment. Management was okay. Making the the clothes stacks perfect was th hardest part.
A great retailer to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2016
The Children's Place is a great place to work. They offer flexibility with scheduling even if you can only work one day per week. The employee discount is very generous compared to some other retailers. They also promote from within. I have been very fortunate to work with the team I have. The only drawback is the pay scale. I have worked for the company for almost 14 years and pay increases only come once per year and in very small increments.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, Great discount, Promote from within
Cons
Pay scale
Productive workplace
SALES LEAD THE CHILDREN'S PLACE (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSJuly 12, 2016
I liked working at the Children's Place. I learned new thing and grew to know the business and policy in a good way. Wok was productive and fun to do. The co workers were enjoyable.

The Children's Place Reviews by Location