The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Found 1,870 reviews matching the search
Low pay no hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 24, 2017
Still not difficult to grasp the concept from the subject line. If you can work for 7.50/hr part time and still survive, then be my guest. I could not.
Pros
Discount clothes
Cons
They don't fit.
fun to work with the people
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Payne, ALMay 24, 2017
stayed busy and productive. Easy job loved the supervisors eveyone very friendly no task was hard to do alot of walking hard on the feet alot of stretching and stooping
Pros
easy work not stressfull
Cons
alot of walking
Very busy and fun environment
Cashier/Sales Floor (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 24, 2017
A typical work day at TCP is usually replenishing from the moment you come in until around 4pm hits and you start organizing and folding all the clothes. Parents and families are always coming in to get birthday presents or just new clothes for their children. It gets hard when you have a rush of people and customers love to throw clothes anywhere they can find a space but you get used to it working retail, it should be no surprise if you have ever worked retail clothing. You also have to love kids because their will be babies/children running around screaming, crying, and laughing. If you hate kids, not the place because half of the time the store is a mess is because of kids touching everything. My co-workers make this job enjoyable, i have been here for 2 1/2 years and they are like family to me. We have grown on each other. You can't enjoy your job if you hate your co-workers.
Organized and welcoming clothing store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 23, 2017
The Children's place that I worked at gave me great experience with communication to customers which improved my social skills. It helped me become more organized by folding and organizing the shelves and merchandise.
Alright to work here
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILMay 23, 2017
It's a good place to work, for me it is just a little too slow, I like to work in fast pace environments so here it is not really like that. And it might just be the store I work at, but over all good place to work.
It was a gun experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaMay 22, 2017
The workplace is really confortable. You get to meet a lot of people. Coworkers are very helpful. The majoroty of the clients are respecful. It has a very clean area to work with.
just a job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXMay 20, 2017
an experience i will not forget.
handling rude and ill tempered customers.
keeping the store clean and organized as well as possible.
no matter how hard we work, there is just not enough people to keep up with the store.
Slow paced work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2017
A typical day at work would be assigned to a specific area and work on that area and sometimes switch turns with other employees. I learned how to use their registers and scanners. Co-workers were friendly, the hardest part would be getting used to the register.
Productive and engaged workplace
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 18, 2017
Working at The Children's Place has improved my verbal and written communication skills. I have grown as a team member, as well as a leader. My team is a mix of personalities, and we all make the work atmosphere enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible scheduling; great communication; guidance; work/life balance
Cons
Hourly rate
pretty easy job. can sometimes be fun.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIMay 18, 2017
lots of demands. big store. lots of stock. high theft. employee discount is good. sometimes hard to get help from fellow associates. can get very busy.
Pros
in the mall, aunt annies pretzels nearby and you get a mall discount at the food court
Cons
often must do all the work alone and with no direction
Fun workplace and enviornment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 18, 2017
A typical day at work requires being on your feet and constantly trying to keep the place organized, but also be a cashier if needed. I learned a lot about stocking and merchandising. The management was amazing and made you feel welcomed each shift. The workplace was fun and energetic. The hardest part was definitely the mess afterwards and keeping the small stockroom organized because it was always too full.
Pros
Discounts and great staff
Cons
Not enough hours available
Poor work environment
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2017
Worst place to work for, make their associates work little hours for little and expect them to get things done in a untimely manner. I do not enjoy working for this company.
Difficult
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 17, 2017
I was a seasonal employee at The Children's place. I did not like how management scheduled the employees. I would get off at 11:00 PM and have to be back at work at 3:00 AM to do POV. This was very difficult for me.
Pros
discount
Cons
bad scheduling
Very Fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 17, 2017
It was amazing working at Childrens Place. I made a lot of new friends in my age range. The customers were actually very kind, It was an overall good ecperience.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
only part time
Productive and fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 16, 2017
A typical day was working the P.O.S. system and maintaining a clean and organised sales floor while providing customer service. I also helped in the back/stock room
fun workplace with various people
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYMay 16, 2017
A typical day at work was stressful but yet fun. I learned how to set a wall and how to manage money. the hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers.
The Pay is low
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 16, 2017
Only managers get full time and they are stingy with hours working. You only allowed to receive 20 hours per week which comes out to be nothing after taxes. Most people there has 2nd jobs.
non-productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMay 16, 2017
the management was the worst part of the job, the lack of interpersonal connections with stupid decisions made work life non enjoyable. the staff of employees made the job easy but being understaffed and having to do multiple jobs was hard at times.
Regression Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMay 15, 2017
Good work location, interesting work, good people to work with, global work is available, knowledgeable people, tough communications at time, easy commute
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 15, 2017
A typical day is interacting with customers to help them with questions on prices and price changes. I have learned much about the retail world. The management team is fair but strict.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.

The Children's Place Reviews by Location