The Children's Place Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,418 reviews matching the search
Place of work where my skills will be utilized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 31, 2016
Improved communication skills, increased work speed and work ethic with ability to deliver exceptional results. Fast pace and positive work friendly environment.
Ideal Retail
Sales Lead/ Stock Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 31, 2016
It is a very fast paced fun exciting enviroment to work in. Although it has a younger staff it is still however very mature and stable.
A Good Environment
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAMay 30, 2016
A typical day was folding clothes, helping customers, ring at the register, and make sure everything was the way it was suppose to be.
Stressful and unorganized work schedule
Sales associate/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 26, 2016
The Children's Place is not the best company to work for. You do not have a stable work schedule and the hours you work end up being unbalanced. Employees are underpaid and underappreciated.
Nice Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 26, 2016
A typical day at work would be clocking in and talking to the manager to figure out what tasks need to be done for the day, Assist any customers and maintaining upkeep of the store. At this job I learned how to interact with people I never met before and make them feel comfortable in our store. Management was good, respected everybody. My coworkers were some of the nicest people I've met before I am still friends with them even today. The hardest part about this job was cleaning up the after inconsiderate customers who do not respect the store. The most enjoyable part about this job was seeing customers smile, and my great coworkers.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Very minimal hours
fun diverse place!
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saucier, MSMay 25, 2016
its always fun working here because the children that come shop here. you get to see a diversity of cultures walking everyday and its nice to see that. co works are friendly as well. management is great too. if there's ever a problem it will be solve right then and there. the hard part of the job is just keeping up with the coupons but once you get the hang its easy. the most enjoyable part of working here for me was helping all the little kids find what they wanted going into the store.
Pros
good enviornment, good breaks
Cons
lunch break can be cut short if theres a rush of people
steady work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMay 25, 2016
My hours got cut dramatically. I when from 25 and 30 hours to 5 hours a week. Very poor management. Talked a lot about her personal life no matter who was in the store
A fine place for a part time retail job, but not good for a career.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 25, 2016
All Children's Place locations are seriously understaffed, and they expect store level management to do the job of 3 people.

In the 6.5 years I worked there. We went through 5 store managers and 2 district managers. 1 of the store managers transferred to a store closer to her home. 1 of the store managers was fired. The other 3 left after 6 months to 1.5 years. They left due to the poor working conditions.

I left because the district manager had a personal vendetta against her after I reported her to the regional director for breach of company policies.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Amazing company!!
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 24, 2016
I have absolutely loved working for The Childrens Place (TCP). TCP has offered me many educational opportunities and growth! It feels like you're working with family!
Cons
no full time unless GM
Sales associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 24, 2016
- Easy.
- Learned how to be a sales associate.
- Manager was cool.
- Coworkers are outgoing and fun to be around.
- Never had a issue with the work to be done for this job.
- I love that we receive discounts on the items because I have a 2 year old and that's the only place I shop for him.
Pros
Discount on lunch
Cons
Short breaks and little hours
bad company
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 24, 2016
The company has no idea what's its doing. There will be price changes every other night. Up to 4 times a week. And they don't look at the floor set when they do the price changes so you constantly have to move everything around. Store management has no control of the associates because it's almost impossible to write anyone up(and the associates know this) so there is no discipline. The SM & ASM do not get bonuses for making plan like with other companies.
Pros
discount 30% on top of other sales
Cons
management/ 30 minute lunches/price changes
Fun, kid friendly place to work in.
Sales associate. Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCMay 24, 2016
Greeted customers and helped throughout the store. I enjoyed meeting kids everyday. The management could have been a little better but other than that it was a great experience.
Not such a good job
Stockperson (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 21, 2016
It kept me employed for a little while and helped pay my bills. The job was very labor-intensive and I was hardly ever appreciated. Management and dress policy was a joke.
Fast pace, multitasking, pressuring environment
Sales Lead- Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2016
This job is a very fast paced job. There are a lot of tasks to do throughout the day that pressures you to finish within time limits as well as multi task and deal with constant flow of customers. Associates do almost all the same tasks as Management with the exception of paperwork and project distribution. There is a lot of memorization that deals with the business aspect of the general work place as well as policies and procedures. Hours are run at a minimum depending on the volume level of the store.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Too many people, Not enough hours
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMay 18, 2016
I worked with a great company. Only downfall and reason for leaving is because upper management about retail level doesn't really care about you as an individual.
Great place
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Moosic, PAMay 16, 2016
Great place to work for. Nice coworkers and fast paced business. Works well with scheduling and the energy is fun. Great atmosphere.
A typical work day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Michigan City, INMay 15, 2016
A typical day at work at the Children's Place consisted of customer service, cashier, stocking, and cleaning. I am familiar with these task due to my previous jobs. Overall, I enjoyed the customer service part of the job the most.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Inconsistency
n/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXMay 14, 2016
Make sure the clothes are in order
Cashier
stock the shelves
greet the costumers
check inventory
loss prevention
Very open environment
typical day at the work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 9, 2016
being at children's place you have your busy days and slow days there are nice co workers who work there which i have no issues with. the schedules be pretty flexible and the breaks are good.
Pros
you get 30 minute breaks and 15 minute breaks
Cons
too much schedule cut backs
Good Work Place
Sales Associate - Stock/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 9, 2016
It is a good Place for people out of high school in between college its fast paced and the co-workers are diverse and friendly. Most enjoyable about the experience is learning the complete catalog of children's clothing the sizing tier chart and the hardest is Organizing the store during holidays.
Pros
breaks
Cons
long night shifts.

The Children's Place Reviews by Location