The Children's Place

The Children's Place Employer Reviews

Friendly environment and co workers
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJJanuary 15, 2015
Management is always helpful and willing to help you move forward and advance within the company

Co-workers are all equally responsible for the daily routine of the store functions.
Currently working part time as a sales associate (Current Employee), Queens, NYJanuary 13, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my fellow coworkers. They are a pleasure to be around. i learned how to service my fellow man in a customer service environment. Management was great to me. Always expected the best from my work, and in return i gave them my best.
I love children, so I loved this job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mentor, OHJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: for most of the job, i got ot really do something that i enjoyed
Cons: believe it or not there was a lot of theft in our childrens store, and retail hours are not the best, especially at holiday time
Everyday was different. I never knew what kind of people I was going to have to deal with. This was my longest term job and I honestly really liked it. The only reason I left is because the originally managers that I had went there with left, and after 3 more years of going through different managers I said it was time for me to get out. Also, I was working another job at the same time, so that was getting to become too much. I learned patience at this job. I learned that crying children, nagging parents, and some co-workers that just weren't on the same page as you and you had to go over their work sometimes took a lot of patience. I learned my love for floor-setting. That was my favorite part of the job. I loved re-working walls, merchandice and making sure everything was right.
Needs improvement. Start at the top such as regional directors.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Prviate, USJanuary 7, 2015
Needs improvement. Start at the top such as Vice Presidents and Regional Director. No work/life balance whatsoever. This company will work every penny out of you and won't give as little as a thank you or pat on the back. Payroll is ridiculously tight. Job security is absent, they will terminate you if you don't drink the TCP koolaid. Stop with the ludacris pricing events!
Job for teens
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: no breaks
Nice play to work. however managers change a lot so its kind of hard to get comfortable with so many people in and out. 4 hr shifts a week and a lot of on call shifts. This is not a job if you're looking to provide for a family. However its not to bad.
fun fast paced workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee), Middletown, NYJanuary 6, 2015
a typical day at work is cashiering, restocking, interacting with customers and co workers. overall the workplace is great.
Productive and fun work enviroment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Cerritos, CAJanuary 6, 2015
I learned how to work and be productive under extreme active environment. Get a lot done in a short span of time and feeling good afterwards; included, replenishing the tables, pushing sales items, being attentive to customers if they need help or meeting their needs as much as possible, and handing out shopper tote bags. The customers are lovely, and the employees are friendly and don't ignore one another.
Good company
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Dothan, ALJanuary 6, 2015
Overall good company to work for. However, it does not pay well and does not have many opportunities for advancement
Small and Fast Pace Work Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: learning new skills
Cons: no paid time off for associates, only management
A typical day at my job is a continuously busy environment, which is very fast pace. I have a small close-knit team that works very hard to up hold customer care by meeting the customer's needs while still following company policies. I have learned how to operate the company's systems so that I can excel in the company. I help train and supervise other associates which keeps me focused on being a positive team leader. When my co-workers need help, I am there to assist. This is what makes us a strong team. The hardest part of my job is not having what a customer needs, but what makes my job enjoyable is seeing what locations may carry their item(s) and the customer leaving with a smile on their face.
Fun Enviorment
cashier (Current Employee), texarkanaDecember 29, 2014
The people are fun and friendly people. Fast pace job, you have to have good customer service to work their.

i would run the register, and put out stock and shipment.

I have learned alot more about customer service

They hardest part of the job, is lack of communication to other employees
Love the comany
Sales Associate (Former Employee), wheaton mdDecember 25, 2014
Great place to work but going full time for the bank was a better choice for me the time I did spend there although it was short I love helping the company grow by telling everyone about the store how they are great people to work with and even better with helping customers feel welcome
Unproffessional Children's Place
Lead Store Associate (Former Employee), Upper Darby,PADecember 25, 2014
Cons: very mismanaged. managers were very unproffessional! hostil work environment.
Very unprofessional management team. Absolutely mismanaged. Horrible work environment. Store leads were late to open up the store as well as managers. Poorly ran. Poorly underpaid. Good quality clothing though for reasonable prices.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: sometimes they offer $ when you open a store credit card
Cons: managment does not know how to keep their personal life outside of work
Its a fun place to work but keep in mind it's a kid's clothing store so yes expect their to be kids. The store gets very messy very quickly so theirs always cleaning and folding to get done. Management was okay but their personal lives to begin to impact the store. Hardest part is when you have screaming kids and grumpy moms.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 15, 2014
a typical day includes replenishing and organizing stock, answering phone calls and inquiry about product, organizing sales floor, updating sales floor merchandise and signage, cashier
Learned to be patient with customers
Management controlled environment
Co-workers were kind
Hardest Part was keeping sales floor organized during busy hours
Enjoyable part was getting enough hours
love meeting new people
LEAD SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), dundalk marylandDecember 14, 2014
Pros: discount
Cons: managent
-I'd open the store
-run bank deposits
-greet customers

it was an amazing job i learned a lot about customer service and how to take charge .
Drama filled environment
Store Lead (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYDecember 10, 2014
Over all the childrens place is a fun store to work in
The managers are a bit on the lazy side
Along with co workers, who constantly call out
Everyone in the store likes to voice their opinions about each other and cause unneeded drama
Loved This Job
Stock/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIDecember 9, 2014
Pros: discounts and dibs on campus events
Cons: very very public
A typical day at work was easy besides the beginning of semesters and when events were happening. I learned that as an employee, that you are important to the process of how things work even though you don't have that much power. Management was very nice, always helpful and flexible with working with my class schedule. Coworkers were good, we always kept ourselves entertained on the job while being productive. The hardest part of the job was having to go to the other side of the campus for simple errands but not that hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help students and visitors on the campus.
A Learning Experience
Store Lead (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 5, 2014
I didn't work with The Children's Place for long, but when I was hired I was given the opportunity to work as a Shift Lead, which was unexpected but very much appreciated. It's a valuable work and learning experience. I had a chance to learn to effectively manage others, close and open the register as well as the store, use my creativity to help with floor displays, and work with guests as a person in management. I enjoyed always having something to do, but the hardest part of the job was dealing with obvious shop lifters.
N/a
sales associate/cashier (Former Employee), Morrow, GADecember 2, 2014
a sales associate/cashier, assisted customers on the sales floor and at the register, stocked shipment and replenished sales floor
Unattainable workloads, bare minimum staffing
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Wichita, KSDecember 1, 2014
Pros: great employee discount on already affordable clothing
Cons: with the emmence workload, the focus is taken away from customer service
Children's place multi million dollar company that, not only doesn't pay it's employees well, but also has unattainable workload goals. They, in essence set their teams up to fail by piling on workloads & deadlines while cutting payroll hours to the bare minimum.
The products are amazing. The quality is far superior to other kid's retailers & the prices are very affordable.

About The Children's Place

The Children’s Place Retail Stores, Inc. operates as a specialty retailer of children’s merchandise in North America. – Read more

The Children's Place Photos