The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Found 1,457 reviews matching the search
Upbeat work environment with wonderful staff and kind customers
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJune 20, 2016
A typical day at work usually consists of greeting customers and offering our assistance, keeping the store neat/clean throughout the day, checking customers out at the register, and processing shipment. Since I've started working here I've learned a whole new set of skills like customer service (retail), handling money/using the register, how to prevent shoplifting, etc. Management is great as well as all of my co-workers. Everyone is so kind and laid back, yet extremely productive. I think the hardest part of the job for me is the register, just because my speed could be better, but I'm still getting used to it so it shouldn't take too long to improve. The best part of the job for me is helping the customers and seeing just how excited they are to buy their child something (or someone else's).
productive store, good for beginners in retail
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 19, 2016
healthy environment for kids. I've learned how to fold clothes and to close out a store neatly. Also i have learned how to open lines of credit for customers. Management in the children's place is great managers help you out and teach you how to build walls and retail language. My coworkers are very respectful and full of energy when it comes to working, everyone has different tasks but some how they all come together with helping each other. i don't find any part of ,u job hard. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others that don't know about retail successfully get what they want.
Productive and a friendly environment
being aware of special promotions and sales (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GA 30248June 16, 2016
I typical started off a day at work by stocking my register and greeting the customers as they came and went from the store. I worked as a cashier so I was responsible for handling any returns, exchanges or purchases. I also restocked items on the floor and cleaned the store and fitting rooms. I learned how to work a cash register, how to do returns, how to help others and to go above and beyond expectations. My co-workers were very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was not being able to always have what customers were looking for. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming into work and seeing all the children come and have a ball picking out products.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, discounts
Cons
low paying
fun place to work with low salary and benefits
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 16, 2016
I worked here for a couple months but that is all it took for me to get the idea of how it was ran.They did not give me many hours and may pay checks were very low.The whole time i worked,there was nothing to do and basically just involved me walking back and forth through the store trying to find something to do.Sometimes i would just have to make up something to do like refold everything on a shelf or act like i was cleaning for the third time.over all it was a fun place to work,the people were great the job just kind of failed.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
bad salary, low hours
Typical Day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2016
Pretty slow, boring, don't get paid much for the hard work you do. A lot of rude customers. Sometimes didn't get breaks. Retail is not really enjoyable to work in.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
little hours , poor pay , management very unprofessional
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 16, 2016
having worked here a little over a year thee only thing good i can say is i built great relationships with my customers .. then there comes management , very unprofessional , poor work ethic , to much favortism, 30+ hours given to managers pets , people being promoted who barely work and didnt deserve it , half of the associates are lazy and do not recover during the day . over all a terrible place to work , but perfect if you want little pay and 14 hours.
Pros
this job sucks
Cons
managers need to be re evaluated
Nice Coworkers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 15, 2016
You spend most of your time cleaning the store, folding shirts and pants. As well as stocking everything. I never had complaints doing any of that, it was simple because their back room is very well organized. The people that work there are all very nice. I'd say the hardest part of the job is dealing with people at register that don't understand the difference between certain coupons or they think you're the one that priced the items. Pretty much like any retail job.
Pros
Nice coworkers, pretty simple job.
Cons
very low on hours.
Productive and a fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 14, 2016
Children's Place is a great store to work in. Although it can get really busy at times i enjoyed my time as a sales associate. The hardest part of the job is handling the register and the floor all at once. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the children leave the store happy because i convinced their parent to buy them exactly what they wanted.
Pros
flexible
Cons
small store
I love working with the children but there is not option of advancement and no medical benefits.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Camden, DEJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work would be clocking in at 7am and going to the morning meeting place with my boss. At 7:30 the children go to breakfast and I put my first group of children on the bus to school. After breakfast I take my preschoolers to our classroom for our day of fun and learning.

I greet and interact with my parents because I believe we are a team in preparing out little people for Kindergarten.

The best thing about my job is we have formed a family bond with the co-workers and our parents. Relationships with good communication and common goals will last a long time is one of the things I have learn.

The hardest part would be dealing with some of the behavioral issues with some of the children.
Pros
Relationships with different families
Cons
No overtime, benefits or chance for advancement
fun workplace
LEAD MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 11, 2016
Dealing with customers everyday always something different. Either looking for an outfit or someone to help them find an gift for somebody. I enjoyed working there but seeking something different with better opportunities.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
no healthcare
Fun to work as a teenager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 9, 2016
Always meet new faces when working in the clothing industry. My manager was Awesome and always made his workers interact with one another.
Pros
Friendly associates
Cons
Competitive to move up positions
Very fun job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 9, 2016
Super easy job and you get to meet new people every day but the management is the best thing very friendly and cool. Hardest part is to keep cleaning the store because kids always throwing clothes everywhere.
Pros
Meet new people
The Company requires a lot from you.
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 9, 2016
This company is not an easy company to work for. They require a lot of work to be done but won't give you the hours needed to complete it.
Fun culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 8, 2016
Working at The Children's Place was a fun experience. It is a great job to get you started in the retail field. Also, this is a great job for high school students and college students who are looking for a part-time job.
great
Cashier/ Sales (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2016
great work environment, hoping to work this job along with another but this is just not making enough to take care of my family
Great people to work with, and awesome discount
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJune 7, 2016
When I worked there I would always be put on a cash register, and start cleaning and putting back any returns from the night before. Everyone there was very friendly i looked forward to going in because of that, it made the day go faster. The managers were also great they were all very positive and helpful. The hardest thing about working at the childrens place was when i had to help unload merchandise from the truck, and what made it difficult was that they were heavy boxes other than that i would say nothing. The most enjoyable part to my job there was working at a fast pace during the day or sale days. I love fast pace jobs because it keeps me busy.
Pros
they have a great workers discount.
Cons
standing all the time.
Fun workplace!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJune 7, 2016
Everyone from the district manger to the sales people are nice and sweet! i love working there!! the most enjoyable of this job is bheing with people, and taking to the custmers,and the most hardest part is trying to get place cards.
i love my job and the people i work with!
Garland tx Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 6, 2016
Very organized clean store . co workers alll get along . the whole team has goals and we over come whatb we put our minds too . great discount for the employees .
Children are put first
caregiver (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 3, 2016
Teachers work together to find out what best meets the children's needs. Children often get in trouble and as a caregiver, I try to discipline and at the same time not let things like getting into trouble happen. The co-workers are great and on top of their business. They follow up with all their duties. Telling a child no is the hardest part because I dislike seeing he/she cry. Seeing kids laugh and play and engage with one another is the most enjoyable part of that job.
Place of work where my skills will be utilized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 31, 2016
Improved communication skills, increased work speed and work ethic with ability to deliver exceptional results. Fast pace and positive work friendly environment.

The Children's Place Reviews by Location