The Children's Place Employee Reviews

Found 2,010 reviews matching the search
Productive place and work to be done
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 21, 2017
This is a great place to work. The employees are friendly and proactive. There is always something to do in the store to keep you level headed and busy. The manager work with you and around your schedule and is always willing to help.
A Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILJuly 20, 2017
The Children's Place is a decent place to work if you enjoy a small setting and enjoy working. In contrast, the management from the store to Corporate is unsuitable. The hours are scarce, the pay is low, and the work environment is stressful, but it is a job.
Pros
Quiet, Low supervision
Cons
Work Environment, Hours, Management
Retail
Sales, Customer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 20, 2017
Working here is great love to help the kids choose there next greatest outfit or whatever it is that they are looking for. Management doesn't care about you.
Productive and fun
HEAD CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 19, 2017
Thoughtful and kind Co workers. Management tends to bypass majority of there hard working staff members for friendship and buddies. Customers are friendly and respectful most of the time. You learn a lot about business if you pay close attention.
Pros
Fun, easy going, room for growth
Cons
Petty supervisors and need to improve pay rate
I enjoyed working at The Children's Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 19, 2017
I worked at the Ontario Mills Outlet store and it was a fast paced environment. The management changed often which gave opportunity for advancement. The employee's were great to work with. If I could still work retail I would still be there,
meh
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2017
This Store is Not worth the headache. The hours are horrible, there are no kind of benefits, even when you are a lead there no benefits. i would not recommend this job to anybody
Such a great place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 18, 2017
I worked here for two years and absolutely loved it. All of my coworkers became my family and it provided a great team ethic. My job never felt threatened and I always felt valued. The only downside to the job was not great pay and not enough hours, but that's retail.
Pros
Great coworkers, flexible hours, staff appreciation
Cons
Short breaks, low wages
Loving place to place your child for care.
Lead Two's Teacher (Former Employee) –  Roeland Park, KSJuly 18, 2017
Welcoming parents and child in the morning. Serve breakfast and lunch. Preparing a lesson plan and implementing the activities. The school has great management.
It was fun meeting all type people who come in to purchase an item
Sales Associate (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 17, 2017
A typical day at The Children's Place it would be a good day for the most part , but you have to deal with the rude customers & the ones that come in to steal our items. Things that I enjoyed working is running into friends & family & also the deals for food & other stores around you.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
customers
Wouldn't recommend it to anybody.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2017
This company is very stressful. There's no progress no matter how hard you work. Career wise and on the actual sales floor. They don't care much about the atmosphere and how the customers feel shopping in such a messy store. Management has no drive for better or appreciation for their employees.
Pros
you can actually have a life outside of work.
Cons
few hours, short breaks, extremely messy.
Its a job
Retail ( distrabution ) (Current Employee) –  Fort Payne, ALJuly 16, 2017
Its the best place i've worked in so far. The managment is outstanding. Its a pretty easy job, and its easy to get along with the workers. Its a very understanding company when it comes to being sick or something coming up unexpected. Its definently good pay for the work you do, and the overtime you get is awesome when you get it.
Weird management
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAJuly 16, 2017
Management liked to change schedule without notifying them get mad at you for not calling and asking if anything changed. Never had set schedules for anything
High demanding job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MD 21044July 15, 2017
The company is okay to work for as a part time associate. Once you move into management, they dont pay enough for the amount of work you have to do. Not enough hours given to staff your store so that there is help with cleaning up the store that gets trashed everyday.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Not enough pay for the work
a company that seems to play favorites.
Lead manager (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJuly 14, 2017
A day to day basis was fairly normal. Easy to complete tasks and to delegate tasks not as simple. We were all pretty close talking about personal things beyond the work place and most everyone was easy to work and get along with. The hardest part would maybe time management. I would be left with tasks from other managers that had time to do them but didn't get them done in time. the most enjoyable part was the customers and cheerful music and environment.
Pros
half an hour for lunch and a schedule easy to work around.
Cons
taking and covering shifts for those who were constantly unreliable
Typical Retail
Sales Associate/Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2017
I was never a fan of retail work but was in need of a job. When i came to work for the company everything was not as i had expected. Customers had no respect for what has been put on display and has been laid out neatly.
Pros
Around good places to eat
Cons
Retail
Fun environment / productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJuly 13, 2017
The children's place is all about time management. Making sure the store is clean along with completing other simple tasks. On the other hand, one of the most important things about working here is satisfying your customers.
Pros
15 min break without clocking out
Cons
Short on staff at times
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company. The store I worked in was small but it stayed super busy and there were always things to do. I love meeting new peoplr and helping them shop for their children.
Great coworkers
Sales Associate, Salesperson, Sales Worker (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 13, 2017
the team work was great, i worked during the holidays so i had plenty of overtime that i did not mind doing if it was available. Nice side part time job
Retail Store
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJuly 12, 2017
Children's Place was a busy company. A typical day a work consisted of folding and arranging clothes, to help customers check out. The most enjoyable part of that job was the people that you met and how you could make customers days with the little things. While working here I learned that problem solving is a very much so an important aspect in life, and one has to be able to separate the important things from the unimportant things. Working this position you deal a lot of customers and not all of the them are very nice, so patience is another I learned.
Pros
Environment, Staff
Cons
Short breaks, frequently asked to work doubles
Working at The Childrens Place
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Leominster, MAJuly 12, 2017
I'm amazing at price changes and can usually pick up on things quickly. Selling is my best quality, I'm competitive so I make sure I get my goal in. I like to be the best in any place I am. I really enjoy being friendly and talking to customers.
Pros
selling Talking to customers
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Place. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval