The Children's Village

The Children's Village Employee Reviews

Support two residences and enjoyed the work...
Sociotherapist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJanuary 7, 2017
From training to my last day of employment with The Children's Village- I learned a lot and excelled in my position there. Due to a car accident- I was out of work for over 5-6 months but was deemed unable to perform my duties after the STD was ceased.
Fun workplace
TRAC Youth Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJanuary 6, 2017
You learn about imigration services. The fun part was the traveling to different states to escort residents from one program to the other. You will learn about different cases and experiences.
a horrible place to work
current employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 23, 2016
Find anywhere else to work! This place will kill you. You are always looking over your shoulder. You cannot trust anyone. And the friends that you do make are all miserable. They are all looking for jobs elsewhere!! The place is a madhouse!!
Pros
Sick time, paid vacation
Cons
No opportunity for meaningful advancement, only concerned about getting donationsN
Great Organization to work for
Support Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYDecember 6, 2016
I am a support staff at CV since 2015 I felt a full time job at the time to take a temp to perm, so far I can say I regret this more. The staff is friendly the HR team is great and the CEO is so warm and friendly. Been a single parent the work life balance is superb thank you CV and thank for your work with the Children and Families we serve. It takes a village and you are doing just that.
Pros
Work life Balance Great
Cons
Still yet to see
a fun evironment where you can express yourself
Dancer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2016
First dance class start off with a talk with the instructor. We warm up with stretches and a water break. Step by step dances for a hour and have another water break. I learned how to community with others. Also I learned practice make perfect.
Pros
free luch
Cons
short breaks
fun,and incentives
House Mother (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NYJuly 28, 2016
I enjoyed the pace. I loved talking to people all over the world and helping those I could. I enjoyed learning about different product lines and experiencing the samples everyone was very positive.
Pros
fun evironment
Great Place to Start
Bi-lingual Family Support Caseworker I (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 21, 2016
This is a great place to start a career but nota long term solution to your career aspect. I started off in Juvenile Detention and then moved on to Caseworker and stayed on for a long time. It was a hard job but I learned alot of what child welfare was and it is really hard to haer some of the stories that the children I worked with went through. I have been to family court and spoken in in family court. It is a hard job. Not easy but you have to have the heart and the strength to do it. Especially going into other peoples homes, you never know what your going to get.
Pros
Great Place to start career
Cons
Not a long term place to continue working
Great JOB
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYFebruary 22, 2016
This was my first job in Puerto Rico if give me the strength to grow as a secretary. I'm always been good at customer service but dealing with people face to face teach me how to treat the customer better.
productive & fun life changing
Socio-therapist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYFebruary 16, 2016
great fun and enjoying working with children and making a different . helping trouble children , teacher them new concept on a daily basis. being a mentor.
Low pay
Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2016
I worked for this company a few years ago. The pay was terrible. Not worth my time and work. Everyone in this company no matter you position should start at, at least $10.50. Instructors should get pay more than $20 for the prices they charge...
Cons
Pay is terrible.
One Day Your In The Next Day Your Out.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJanuary 17, 2016
I was hired in 2013 and was doing well. I liked the job, until I got a new supervisor who disliked everyone. She would give everyone disparaging nicknames to belittle them. I asked for vacation and of a week and was denied even though someone who worked there less than me was granted their week off. Treat their employees as dispensable.
Pros
Cons
Supervisor, Benefits, Vacation
Great staff
Aquatic Director and Recreational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYDecember 6, 2015
The coordinators and supervisors were great to work with in the Lanza Activities Center. The communication within the agency is poor.
An experience
Lead Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, GANovember 30, 2015
I had recently graduated college with a Bachelors degree and landed this job that paid $9 an hour. I was in charge of a classroom of 12-13 toddlers (1-2 year olds) along with 2 other assistant teachers. I learned that they made either a $1 less or $2 less than I did. It was a lot of work for a little bit of money. It was nice being able to teach children and help them reach their milestones, but by the end of the day I was exhausted. Most of the time they would ask me to stay later to close and clean up the classroom and when I asked about a raise they said I would have to work there for about a year to receive one. No benefits and no paid holidays. Well, actually the only benefit I know of is you get a discount if your kid goes there.
Busy and informative
Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYSeptember 22, 2015
Typical day starts with making sure all systems are up and running at 100%. Check all PCs for current software updates (using Shavlik).

Monitor VMWare environment, Citrix farm and networking (Cisco) equipment via SpiceWorks network monitoring and Whats up gold.

Help oversee the HelpDesk staff and assist as the 3rd level of support.

Being part of a 6 person team supporting 1000+ users works to my advantage. I love being in a fast paced environment and learning as I go.

10+ years at the Children's Village has been very rewarding. I started as a Help Desk tech level 1 and worked my way up to Technology Support Specialist (working under the Director of IT).
Pros
Busy. New technology- allows me to learn.
Cons
Some days have the understaff feeling.
I make home visits, resource visits, community visits, team meetings, incident review board meeting
Bilingual Parent Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYSeptember 16, 2015
I have learned to be more patient with others as they learn to make changes in their lives. I have also learned not to put my expectations on others. Management here is easy to talk to. I actually have a unique and awesome relationship with the CEO and CPO as well as my supervisor. The hardest part of my job is 1. Working with a parent after their rights have been teerminated and also having to not judge a parent that refuses to take their child out of the system. I enjoy being able to engage fammilies in their time of need and be able to assist them, relate to them and cry with them, laugh and celebrate when it's warranted.
Pros
I enjoy supporting families in the reunification process and helping them to become self advocates.
Cons
Incuficient resources, conflict with clinical staff, moving up.
Amazing experience
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDSeptember 15, 2015
Children's Village was an incredible institution. It has saved and improved the lives of thousands of children. Recently C.V.'s directors and board members have decided to take the company in a new direction. This included laying off one of their Agency Directors of 23 years. I feel the current Directors are incompetent.
Pros
Bonding between children and cowrkers
Cons
Current poor management, no breaks
I loved working at CV until management changed.
Case Aide 2 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2015
In joining the team at CV I became employee of the year in 2013 and runner up by missing one point in 2014. In 2015 there was a change in management and the job I loved, I no longer loved. I was the go to person if a co-worker wanted a task completed by deadline or just to problem solve an issue.
Pros
Gift cards and team building outings
Cons
Healthcare and management
productive, manageable
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  new york, new yorkAugust 25, 2015
my experience at polo ground was great. the kids where full of vibrate energy and the staff was productive and focus. the hardest part was the commute.the most enjoyable part beside the kids was the training because I personally learned a lot about the company and the severed they provide for youth.
Pros
paid vacation, sick hours, time flexibility, health care etc.
Cons
commuting
Great first job out of college
Enhanced Wraparound Resource Caseworker (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYAugust 25, 2015
There's room for growth and plenty of opportunities to learn. The agency provides a lot of training and tuition assistance/scholarships.
N/a
ASSISTANT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYAugust 8, 2015
It"s rewarding to see the challenges being accomplished. A government funded environment towards the well being of misplaced children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Village. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9