The Children's Village Employee Reviews

productive
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 13, 2017
Managers don't bother me , but it can be fast paced in regards to getting work done in timely matter , regardless if your organized , well prepared and ready to do your job duties. I feel the youth at the agency need to learn more , I feel at times they are able to manipulate every situation and get their way , which only hurts their future more
Pros
Time off and sick paid time
Cons
Long hours too many demands with cases
productive place to work
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYOctober 29, 2017
The Children's Village have great benefits for their employee and great opportunities to grow. When working in The Children Village you learn how important communication is, you learn not only how to work with the children but also how to keep a professional attitude with the staff and supervisors.
Pros
Cc
My time at CV
Foster Parent Advocate/ Recruiter/ Trainer II (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 29, 2017
loved my position at CV. my unit was made up of some wonderful individuals. very diverse in skill set and knowledge. I was laid off due to funding issues. However the benefits offered were great and there is definitely room for growth there. the only thing i will like to see different is the work place moral improve.
Pros
Room for growth
Cons
long work hours
ok place to work
Intensive Reunification Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2017
Great CEO, lots of training, some areas of growth. The culture at the agency is large on equality, and respect. The agency is culturally diverse. There are many departments within the agency for employment, however there's not always room to excel up the ladder.
benefits
Cons
limited growth in some areas
productive and safe enviorment for the youth
SYEP worker (Former Employee) –  220 west 143 streetAugust 15, 2017
a typical day at work would be, coming in making sure that i clock in then walk to the lunch room greeting all the children that come in. we then take the kids to the bathroom and then water and we start our day. this job has thought me that no matter where you are or who you work with you always have to work your hardest and never be quick to give up. the culture in my work place is mixed it all different kinds of races who get along really well. the hardest part of the was working with the kids that have behavior problems or kids that weren't really comfortable. the most enjoyable part of the job was the supervisor and the syep workers.
Pros
free lunches, trips and activities everyday, great supervisors
Cons
short breaks, not really organized, too much talking less working
it's okay
Direct Care - Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYAugust 7, 2017
The job is fine. This is a great way to get in the field of social services. There are different programs on campus such as ACS, NSP, OCFS and etc....
The Childrens Village
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 7, 2017
Everyday my work day is different. Monday is the most stressful day. I have to do kronos which is now ultipro. Mondays is payroll day. I do payroll for 85 employees. I have learned to be a better manager here at the childrens village. The workplace culture here is okay. The hardest part of my job is seeing childrens being taking away from good foster parents because of a selfish birth parent. The most enjoyable part of my job, is seeing children get adopted by wonderful foster parent.
Pros
staff appreciation
Cons
Health care is not good here.
Do not waste time.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 26, 2017
A typical day at work would be getting to the office and following up with sponsors. The hardest part of this job was the lack of assistance from supervisors. The workplace culture was hypocritical more than 50% of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help the immigrant children and reunify them with their loved ones. Management is unstable and poorly structured. The one thing I learned was never to give up on the mission regardless of the negativity from other staff or management.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Management issues remain a big issue., CEO does not put forth effort to inspect programs within the company, Decentralized, and with no true organization, Too much favoritism with supervisors and staff, Hypocritical supervisors, Underpaid.
Fcap
Caseworker I (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJuly 10, 2017
I work in FCAP on the clinical staff and I think its a tremendous place to build experience. Clinical staff is very open and willing to help and teach.
Pros
hour lunch, benefits, cooperative staff (regarding clincal positions)
Cons
not many opportunites for clincal staff to work overtime
Activity Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 16, 2017
Great work environment, positive environment for the children. Would recommend job to other people. There is room for growth within the company. Overall would rate the job a 10.
Productive and motivating environment
Youth Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYJune 1, 2017
During the Training we learned Therapeutic Crisis Intervention and we use it quiet often. We get to have lunch and dinner with the children. Also any fun activity you come up with its a sure thing you can help bring to life. Had it not been for Layoffs I would've loved to continue working for the Trac Program.
Pros
Feels like your at home
Great Job Growth
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 21, 2017
Worker here for a long time, and I'm leaving because of reasons not related to my job, but to the environment created by the stakeholders. This job is hard enough without having a city agency create chaos because they don't want to take responsibility. It's sad because CV is a pretty decent place to work overall.
Working at CV should be last resort
Quality Improvement (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYMay 18, 2017
-Good for experience/ resume builder
-Very low salaries
-Very little room for growth within agency
-Most people you work with are great people
-Little to no job security
Pros
Convienent Commute
Cons
Very little salary
A fast paced environment that requires knowledge of the child welfare system.
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx,New YorkMay 10, 2017
Working for Children's Village is very rewarding. Working with children and families in the foster care system is very challenging but offers opportunities to understand family dynamics. The staff at Children's Village are friendly and helpful. It is always a honor to see the families make meaningful change.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
The difficulty in meeting every needs.
Fast paced environment, great people to work with.
Administrative Assistant to the VP (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYApril 25, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working for The Children's Village is the camaraderie with my co-workers and also the responsibility that has been entrusted to my care. I feel that I am a trusted employee and that gives me the drive to work hard and do my part to be an asset to the organization.
n/a
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dobbs FerryApril 19, 2017
Fun and motivating place to work. Challenged everyday but always something new to look forward to. Management worked with you and was always able to help with promoting people
This is a wonderful place to work
Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522April 17, 2017
Each day is different, but it is all very interesting and you will never be bored.

There is room for growth, and they also offer tuition assitance.

Pros
Lunch is really cheap
Cons
Breakfast is expensive
Decent place to work
Lead Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, MIApril 17, 2017
A typical day at work is chaotic and management is absent the majority of the time. There is very little structure for the kids in the preschool room and it makes it hard to get things accomplished. The kids in the infant room are enjoyable and the love they give is amazing!
Productive and was wonderful dealing with children
Adoption Coordinator / Administrative Asst (Former Employee) –  Dobbs Ferry, NYApril 4, 2017
I was that employee who really loved her job. I loved interacting with the children. I made them feel special because all a child wants is to be loved and feel protected. I just wanted make sure the child was be taking care of and that I would find them a permitted home where they could feel true love and security,
Pros
was able to help the child as a Admin. Asst. or as an adoption corr.
Cons
when a foster home treats the children as if they are nothing
Productive and provides great services/High stress
Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 29, 2017
Large case loads,high stress,litlle pay.

Upper management is not supportive and can make an already stressful job more stressful.

Best part of the jobs is working with the clients.

Worst part of the job is management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Children's Village. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9