The Children's Workshop Employee Reviews

Wouldn't Recommend
School Age Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandMay 16, 2017
This particular organization prides themselves with how they treat their employees, but reality is they are more worried about numbers and dollars. They also expect more from their employees without providing support or time to complete the expected initiative.
Pros
Working with youth in supportive manner and developing relationships.
Cons
Management tries to support but don't do a very good job.
High-Quality Child Care with professional growth potential.
Director and Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIFebruary 7, 2017
The Children's Workshop provides opportunities for professional growth and advancement within the field of early childhood education.
Great stepping stone & to gain experience
Teacher Assistant then Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 28, 2017
Great stepping stone & to gain experience. Its the ideal part time or temporary full time. Not much space for growth or advancements within the company. However, there are varies opportunities for personal and professional development.
Pros
Never have to take work with you home. Strictly leave work at work no more.
Cons
Can not take lunch when you want to, but instead when your told to.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 26, 2016
The staff are friendly, the classrooms are clean, the children are amazing and going to work is fun.

It is a family owned business that has many locations and the upper management dose come around to each location to check in, they are friendly and have enormous hearts!
good company to work for.
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Central Falls, RIDecember 3, 2015
Sweeping up tons of lent and then cleaning bathrooms and then back to sweeping up lent and at times help clean up offices. Management was great always there when needed and co workers were good people too. The hardest part was constantly sweeping up the lent, and most enjoyable was being able to break at times.
Pros
working with all the great people
Cons
having to sweep so much lent all day long
Great Job with Great People
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  A Rhode Island LocationJuly 21, 2015
I started with The Children's Workshop as a Teacher's Assistant right out of high school and stayed with them all throughout college, working part time. The bond you form with, not only the other teachers, but the children and parents is unbelievable. It really was another family!

The review on here saying that they don't give raises is false. If you work hard and are committed to making a difference in the lives of those kids, you will get a raise each year. If you are there for 3 months and have a poor outlook and attitude, you probably won't get a raise... common sense! If that trash can was overflowing, why didn't the employee who posted earlier empty it? I guess I'm just defensive because I truly loved the company and I loved working in the center. The management team was incredibly approachable and countless times traveled to the different centers just to visit.

If you're looking to gain understanding for child development, have a fulfilling job, and love what you do- this is a great place to work. If you're looking to just get by and do the minimum just to get money- this is not the place for you.
Pros
Great Coworkers & Families
Amazing place to work
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Central Falls, RIJuly 9, 2015
TCW (The Children's Workshop) is an amazing place to work. Very up beat and excited. I have learned a lot about the day to day development of a brain of a child. the work environment is welcoming but also very competitive. Parents are the hardest part of the job, each parent has a different outlook on what and how they want their child to learn.
Pros
Ability to advance and grow
Cons
Company does not pay degree holding faculty well.
Lacking in true quality
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bourne, MAFebruary 23, 2014
They claim to be a great company that provides
'quality' care for children. I think both the employees and the parents who send their children there are clueless. I hate to use such a harsh word, but I mean how can you call yourself quality if there are large garbage cans overflowing all over the playground! I worked there for a short period of time, and the entire 3 months I worked there an overflowing trash can remained on the playground. The playgrounds were renovated which was great, however while the children waited for the playground the playground to be ready to play on, they had to play on a playground that had rusty bikes, and rusty nails! While there one child was seriously injured on one of the old bicycles.
How can you come and pick up your kids and just be ok with the amount of trash that is on the playground, not mention even playing with it! Gross! The children never wash hands, the classrooms are a mess, and the director, as well as, the higher ups in the company seem to care about it. I mean the owner of the company walked right by the trash pile on the playground, and didn't say a word!
Pros
Heathcare and other benefits
Cons
Everything else
Small Childcare center with great families!
Lead Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Westborough, MAAugust 11, 2013
This is a great center with small ratio's. A perfect place to form great bonds with the families and children in my care! The most enjoyable part of my job is watching the children in my class grow everyday. It is a joy to see them cross all the different mile stones!
Good place to use as a starting point
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seekonk, MAAugust 4, 2013
I have worked for the company for a few years. The pay isn't that great, and raises are based on a percentage rate. The good thing is that they have many locations so if you want you can transfer.
Pros
They offer a day of trainings and you can also win prizes
Cons
the pay could be better

Want to know more about The Children's Workshop?

Ask a question
Fun summer job for athletes and for those who enjoy children
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 29, 2013
I was very fortunate to be able to work for The Childrens Workshop over the summer. This was a great experience to be able to teach, play and take field trips with the children.
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  RIOctober 19, 2012
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching the kids learn and understand.
Fun and Well Educated
School Age Teacher (Current Employee) –  Central Falls, Rhode IslandAugust 13, 2012
A typical day with School Age in Central Falls can be fun if you get involved with the children. Arts and Crafts projects, Games, and outside play are things these children love to play.

Sure some days are easier than others. But I love this job, the co-workers and more importantly the children I work with. I love teaching them things and learning new things from them as well.

The hardest part of the job is Miss-communication with Management. There is way too much of it, and it stresses out staff when they don't know what is going on, or what is supposed to be expected.
It's an okay place to work
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, RIJune 26, 2012
I guess it goes by which center you work at, I am sure they are all different. They don't pay the best and barely give raises. It is a daycare and people are always having children therefore it is job security. However when there are not a lot of kids, your hours get cut and they send people home.
Pros
job security
Cons
pay
Loved this job
Teachers' Aide (Former Employee) –  Greenville, RIMay 13, 2012
This was one of the greatest jobs. There was great staff and a very nice sized business. The kids were great and had plenty to do at all times.