The Christ Hospital Health Network Employee Reviews

Working at Christ Hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 11, 2017
This organization is a great place to work! I was able to advance my career and work in a collaborative environment with leadership! I went to the college of Christ Hospital and also obtained my BSN while there!
Popcorn Machine was a nice
Instrument Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 16, 2017
With fair management this place will do better in the future. Job was good and exciting. Enjoy my job. Work great with staff. Enjoy helping other in learning more to better themselves.
Love my workplace
STNA (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 6, 2017
Taking care of patients daily needs, feeding patients giving bath. Checking there blood sugar level and also checking there vitals, making beds and taking people to and from the restroom
Fast pace environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2017
Fast paced on your feet a lot. Lots of contact with patients allowing you to feel involved with patient care. Internal medicine involves lots of duties so it keeps you busy.
Pros
Hands on with patients, multi tasking
Cons
Feeling like there was not enough time in the day to get everything done
n/a
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at Christ was fast paced . you had to come in there ready to work. I loved it there, wish i never quit. But i had to because i was not getting paid what i was offer but i also would love to go back
Competitive
Preadmission Testing Tech- Phlebotomy/EKG (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45219September 15, 2017
Competitive and fast-pace place for work. Learning new skill -EKG, and being able to grow was a welcoming experience. Meeting new people, making friends for life and bringing my knowledge into the work environment was the part of this job, I mostly enjoyed.
the dept i worked in was stressful
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 7, 2017
I was handling three locations vs two other people in my department handling the other three. my job was very demanding which I was fine with. I felt like I had no help.
Pros
some of my coworkers
Cons
managment who had no idea what they were stepping in to
Pharmacy management nothing like their predecessors (Bad Thing)
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 24, 2017
I liked what I did. I just didn't like or respect who I did it for. The pharmacy administration was fine until a few years ago when the director and assistant director retired. The new management that was promoted from within, definitely had their favorites. Mainly the female technicians. Any special job that I had was taken away and given to the female techs. (New director is male and new assistant director is female.) I got in trouble by asking one of the other techs to help me while I was busting butt to try and keep up with orders and this tech was shopping on the computer.

The hospital itself was a much better place to work when healthcare professionals ran it and not businessmen.

To sum up, don't apply here if you're a male and expect equal treatment from the assistant director, because it won't happen!
Valued employees and provided top class patient care
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 12, 2017
Work was manageable within time constraints
Staff members worked well together in teams
Management enforced the guidelines but fair to employees
Most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with
Hardest part of the job was meeting turnover deadline
learned electronic medical record and new technology
Pros
Staff and care provided to patients; reltionship with surgeons
Cons
Poor pay, administration does not value it's nurses
Emergency Department RN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2017
Christ hospital does not care about its nurses and is the lowest paid job in Cincinnati. I am proud of the care we provide to patients, however they do not take care of their employees.
Scheduler/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 9, 2017
Good company to work for. Most of the employees are very nice. They do promote within. Pretty good benefits. They have 403b instead of 401k. All in all good place to work.
One of the surgeons is very difficult to deal with! Very passive aggressive!
APP (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 30, 2017
One of the surgeons is difficult to work with. Very temperamental and passive aggressive! Would not recommend this job despite the patient population. Sorry to say.
Cons
Lack of management support
Drama filled working place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 5, 2017
The Chris Hospital has a good company but the food department can be improved. The company has a good background and majority of the employees are nice but organization could improve
It's oka to work part- time, but overall they work you a lot and you really don't have life outside of this job.
Food Service Worker/Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2017
It's oka I guess. The work isn't that hard, but it's about the balance of work and life outside of it. If you go to school, I recommend you stay part- time because this job can get in away with school work, especially the way they schedule people.
Arthritis Care in Norwood Ohio
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwood, OHMarch 16, 2017
Beware!!! Run now. Do not apply. The work environment is awful. The management sucks. She let's the phlebotomist run the whole office. The phlebotomist gets people in trouble on purpose.
Pros
Free lunches. The doctors are the best
Cons
Manager. Low wages
Productive workplace, pleasant staff
Rn cae manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 18, 2017
Have had the opportunity to learn many new skills. Workplace caring and kind. Involved management. Typical day includes interviews with patients to determine appropriate plans of care from admission through discharge
Welcoming staff
RN (Former Employee) –  Operating RoomFebruary 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time at The Christ Hospital in the OR. The staff and management were easy to get along with and they were very welcoming to new staff.
Pros
Great hours, supportive staff
Cons
I was new working with adults & was overwhelmed
great fun place to work
Clinical Staff Education (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 2, 2017
I have worked here for many years. This hospital provides high quality care to all patients. the hospital supports staff growth and development. I recommend this hospital.
Perfect way to work towards my degree
PCA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 1, 2016
Working as a PCA during nursing school gave me a lot of experience I would not have had the chance to get elsewhere. I went through the Critical Care Nurse Residency Program as a new nurse and had the wonderful opportunity to work in a critical care unit.
Love working for this hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 1, 2016
Great hospital that is always striving to enhance patient satisfaction! I like working 12 hour shifts and the flexibility of 8 hour on-calls. My co-workers are the best people I could ask for to work as a team with.