The Christ Hospital Employee Reviews

It was great and fun at first.
Room service ambassador (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioSeptember 22, 2017
The manager I have was very disrespectful and very rude. If any of my coworkers were to come in pregnant to find anyway possible to hurry up and get rid of them she was very disrespectful towards them harass people and like to lie about time and attendance she will go into the system and try to change your hours And I would never go back to that department as long as she's there. She told me that I would've gotten my full-time for my for vacation but shorted me on hours and pay because she said that I only worked 80 hours every two weeks but I want over 80 hours every month every time the period started and ended.
Pros
Free Fountain drinks
Cons
You only get a 30 minute lunch you don't get any breaks.
Great Hospital, Welcoming Staff
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 15, 2017
I loved working here as a patient care assistant before I became a nurse. The hospital is really good to their patients, and I felt like I belonged as a member of the staff.
good place to work
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 12, 2017
very busy work load. had daily meeting with staff a lot of paperwork to be done. need to be more open on how to update the system to make workload go smoother.
fast paced
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 12, 2017
I worked on cart fill robot that would auto fill all patients meds, answered phones and help doctors or nurses when I could, Made IVs and sterile compounds, hand picked meds, helped fill out forms for ordering meds when ran low, hand picked and put away any manual picked meds for cart fills. and loaded and helped with any PYXIS issues.
Why I scored TCH low
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 5, 2017
This is only based in the dept. where I am currently working.There is no accountability in my department. Management lacks ambition to make things better, would rather make excuses. After all the trouble my co-worker and I go through to make things easier, people would rather make excuses as to why the job doesn't get done.
Good Student experience
Biomedical Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 24, 2017
This was an externship from Cincinnati State. I was able to spend good time learning dialysis equipment. There was a good sense of team and comradery.
fun & great place to work
Follow-Up Billing Rep & CPC-A (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2017
I enjoy working at different offices & meeting different people. The management team could be better with communication & reviewing work to learn from mistakes.
Pros
travel
Cons
not being compensated for travel
poor opportunity for advancement and prioritizes upper and mid level managment over front line
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 26, 2017
This facility used to have an outstanding reputation. I was honored to work here but unfortunately the culture has shifted. Now the bottom line and profit versus quality has taken priority. Nurses with expertise and tenure are devalued and replaced with entry level new grads that can be paid minimum thus drastically decreasing the quality of care and employee satisfaction.
secretive...not transparent or trustworthy
Clinical Manager-Nursing Float Pool (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 21, 2017
I was employed at TCH for 26 years. My earlier days as a staff nurse were great but moving into management and new administators it changed drastically. The workplace culture went to a fearful place where one never knew what was coming.
Great work culture with Managers who value their employees.
Lead Transporter (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 18, 2017
During my employment at The Christ Hospital I have improved my management skills, verbal communication skills, and leadership skills. There are a total of 60 employees within the Transportation Department, the culture within the department makes the job quite enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of my job is comforting the patients, the most difficult task would be keeping up with the hospital when the department is short-staffed.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Short-staff at times
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 10, 2017
High potential for growth and furthering education. High customer service rate and cares about employees well being. Fast paced and competitive work environment to push employees for growth and success.
Great place
Speech Language Pathologist Graduate Clinician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2017
I absolutely loved doing my internship at The Christ Hospital. I had such a diverse caseload and I was able to see multiple settings including, acute, inpatient rehab and outpatient. The staff is very supportive and caring and there are many student interns and therefore everyone is very accommodating.
Productive and fun work environment
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2017
I loved the people I worked beside.I love having the freedom to experiment and fail, and still support my actions. I've been asked my opinion on regular basis, and were allowed to speak my mind without fear. I love being apart of something larger that makes a difference that everyone cares and that you have flexibility when needed.
Provides great patient care and fulfills it's mission.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 12, 2017
My work team was great. My Director was one of the best managers I ever had.

Always updating facilities for patients. Lindner Center for Cardiovasular Research is one of the country's finest research centers in North America and should promote itself more. The new Joint and Spine Center is one of the finest in the world.
Pros
Doing innovative things in patient care. Those delivering patient care are dedicated.
Cons
I didn't get to know many people outside my work team.
diversity
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 5, 2017
Variety of patients with numerous medical modalities that gave me excellent experience and gave me confidence with critical thinking and problem solving.
Terrible management untidy workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Medical Office BuildingJune 2, 2017
Patients are treated more as a "number" rather than a person seeking help. Management is quite poor. They show direct favoritism towards employees that have served there for many months and years while showing direct hatred towards new employees. The office is very disorganized and untidy.
Pros
discounts
Cons
poor management
Cutting edge
PCA/HUC/Cardiac Monitor Reader (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 1, 2017
The Christ Hospital was an excellent place to work and build lasting relationships. There is always room and opportunity for advancement and most all of the staff take pride in doing their jobs and caring for patients.
Pros
Teaching hospital
Cons
The hours
a great place for advancements
Patient care assistant (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 23, 2017
I currently work at the Christ hospital. I work on a oncology med surg floor. The hardest part of my job is adapting to the dying process. My typical day of work varies. my most enjoyable part of the job is learning so much.
Pros
learning experiences
Cons
to much on call
Very great place to work
Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2017
The hospital is a growth oriented place to work and I have learned alot. I have been in alot of departments through out the years. The only down side to this job is there is no over time in our department.
A very stressful, micromanaged atmosphere
Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, Northern KentuckyApril 29, 2017
I personally think that the management in my department need to be evaluated from an outside company. I have never experienced such a turnover in my whole working life.
Pros
I travel to various outpatient sites
Cons
This atmosphere is so stressful and micromanaged by management that is clueless.