WEB PROJECT MANAGER
CSMonitor.com is the web component of an international news organization that delivers thoughtful, global coverage to readers worldwide. With 45-55 million monthly pageviews and growing, CSMonitor.com also offers other digital products such as a mobile optimized website, email newsletters, daily PDF deliveries, a full digital edition, and issues available on all major e-readers.
With such a breadth of digital offerings, and with the continued growth of the Monitor’s digital presence, this position offers the opportunity to be involved with all stages of web project management, from concept to execution.
About this position:
The successful Project Manager will be a combination project manager, product manager, and relationship manager with solid customer-facing and back-end integration experience. The ideal candidate must be able to work with management and across departments to gather and document detailed project requirements, tightly managing scope and deliverables, owning project budgets and profitability. There is a major focus on documentation, process, and communication with internal clients and staff. The ideal candidate will be able to manage client expectations while delivering high quality work from our design and development staff. The project manager will have a solid understanding of existing and emerging digital technologies and multimedia capabilities as they will be responsible for managing website, mobile and/or related projects that involve application design and development.
- Develops, implements and manages the project plan; ability to create detailed work break-down structures
- Day to day management of projects from initiation through implementation and deployment
- Manages change and evaluates risks and assesses potential impacts on project delivery
- Communicates status of project to the team and client
- Ensures changing resource and project requirements are communicated to all members of the project team, and that the changes are understood by all members of the team
- Responsible for resource allocation
- Oversee the successful delivery of assigned website projects by acting as the liaison between the client stakeholders and our development resources
- Must have strong understanding of emerging technologies, standards, and best practices for website development
- Must have excellent analytic and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze complex problems and propose practical solutions
- Leads cross-functional teams, including designers and developers
- Prior working knowledge of: web analytics software, search engine optimization, mobile and mobile applications, content management systems, social marketing and media a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Marketing, Business or other related discipline required
- 3-5 years direct experience managing web or IT projects
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- Solid understanding of website development
- Strong analytical and technical skills with sharp attention to detail
- Adept and rapid problem-solving and critical thinking essential
Benefits and Perks:
- Exciting and challenging work environment in the heart of Back Bay
- Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 15 days weeks paid vacation per year
- 12+ paid holidays off per year
- 403(b) plan with employer matching
Apply at: http://christianscience.com/careers/available-positions#