The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

It was dope
Missionary (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 23, 2017
Best two year of my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I would definitely go back and do it again. I've never been more happy than when I was serving.
Pros
Everything.
Missionary Work
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 21, 2017
As missionaries, we don't get paid for doing this because it is volunteer serve we do for others and have fun while we work. Also, we do for free and no charge of anykind like money wise. We would get a day off to catch up with families and friends on the computers and do shopping for food,clothes, etc. Overall, I like doing missionary work.
Pros
One Hour Breaks
Cons
Work from 10:00am -9:00 pm
productive and fun workplace with wonderful coworkers
Quality Assurance Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2017
It was a 4 month internship for me. Working in the church definitely surrounds me with wonderful coworkers and an amazing work culture. It was a very good learning opportunity to me and I was able to be on a team and work on actual projects from the beginning to end. The overall experience is great.
Pros
Good working enviroment
Cons
pay was a bit low; no full-time for international students
Productive and fun workplace
Missionary Service (Former Employee) –  50 E. North Temple St.January 20, 2017
I loved being a missionary for this company, I made a lot of friends with my same beliefs, ethics and culture.
A typical day at work involved visiting many people in their homes to give them divine guidance over many things they were and are still going through with God's help.

Helped a person overcome addiction to drugs.
Pros
Free lunch, gas, discounts, freebies, copay and almost free insurance
Cons
shortbreaks
fun and exciting
LDS Missionary (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJanuary 16, 2017
served a mission to arizona, teaching the people about jesus, served a lot of people giving them service and helping in any way i could
Excellent
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UT 84403January 16, 2017
This place is great. I have nothing against it and all the good things to say about it. Being a missionary is the best and greatest thing ever!!!!!!!
Very productive and spiritual!
Missionary Service (Former Employee) –  San Fernando Valley, CAJanuary 14, 2017
I loved serving others and teaching about Jesus Christ. I came to know so many people and made so many friends. It is very fast-paced with a rigorous schedule, but I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Blessings!
Cons
Stressful and Fast-paced
Great group to work with
ABM Industries Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Mississippi gulf coastJanuary 12, 2017
I am a contractor for the LDS church, my experience interacting with and working for have all been extremely positive. This experience has helped me learn not only about myself but what I am capable of and has taught me to many things that have helped expand my knowledge bass.
Pros
great people to work with
Mission from Heavenly Father
Missonionary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Work with the Lord, your companion, those around you. Rely on the Holy Ghost to guide you. Read the Book of Mormon, and Preach My Gospel before head out to the MTC then your assign area.
It has great perks- Salvation included!
Missionary (Former Employee) –  UtahJanuary 10, 2017
Working for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has been a wonderful experience. I have learned a lot about myself and have been able to give a lot of service to people all over the world.
Church
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2017
Volunteering for the church was an amazing experience. You get to help others learn about Christ and about God. I learned good communication and hard work.
Good couple of years
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDJanuary 9, 2017
Contacted people, taught life improvement lessons, looked for any volunteer service opportunities we could find. You really need to be committed to the cause if you want to do it.
Challenging environment is confidential, personal situations.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2017
Challenging work with church leaders in sensitive matters.
Interacted with church leaders in foreign countries, also met with some in a personal setting. Developed numerous friendships and provided support in challenging situations.
Pros
pleasant environment
Cons
limited advancement
Service work
Utah - Volunteer, Missionary (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJanuary 3, 2017
Not a job but a great service opportunity. Did many service projects for the community Also had many teaching opportunities in multiple home settings.
Wonderful opportunity to learn and grow and help others.
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 2, 2017
I loved my time as a full-time missionary, we had many opportunities each day to help others. Our days were organized, we set goals each day that we worked hard to achieve. Talking with people from all walks of life was intimidating, and difficult but it was the most rewarding experience to understand others and why they do the things they do.
My mission
Internet staff crew leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 1, 2017
I loved serving for my church, it was a great opportunity to gain more skills than any other job could have given me in my life and has prepared me for life in ways I'll ever be grateful for.
Great place with great people
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 22, 2016
Working for the church was a great experience, the staff is talented and passionate about their work. Co-workers were excellent to be around and created a friendly yet hardworking environment.
Amazing
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 22, 2016
I loved my mission. It was the greatest experience of my life, and I wouldn't trade the volunteer job for the world. I would wake up every morning, and walk around talking with people and attempting to share a message about Jesus Christ with them.
For a very specific crowd
Missionary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 22, 2016
Serving as a full time missionary was one of the best things i have ever done in my life. The structure was great and the management was supportive. I had everything I needed to be successful. It was dynamic work. It was hard work. It was all encompassing. I enjoyed loosing myself in the workload and culture.
Pros
doing good for others
Cons
no free time whatsoever
Learned many new skills
Missionary (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaDecember 17, 2016
Each morning I would arise at 7, get ready for the day and study the language as well as church materials for 3 hours. I learned how to overcome hardship and to work diligently. I learned how to sacrifice as well as overcome differences with differing companions. The hardest part of the job was rejection, but it also became a drive to do better. In this time of 2 years, I learned many good things, such as to see the best in people, to be patient, how to discern needs of those around me, and so forth. This was entirely voluntary, with no salary.
Pros
Hard Work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8