The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

This was all voluntary Work
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2017
I loved volunteering and helping people from learning and growing to moving boxes and furniture. It's not a company. I'ts a religious sect, something that I obviously am affiliated with.You volunteer to serve the Lord, giving up carnal attractions for something more divinely needed. I grew up a lot. Mentally and spiritually. I've gained self control, great good habits and a strong head on my shoulders.
Cons
There's a standard of excellency to uphold
productive and fun workplace with wonderful coworkers
Quality Assurance Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2017
It was a 4 month internship for me. Working in the church definitely surrounds me with wonderful coworkers and an amazing work culture. It was a very good learning opportunity to me and I was able to be on a team and work on actual projects from the beginning to end. The overall experience is great.
Pros
Good working enviroment
Cons
pay was a bit low; no full-time for international students
educational
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  UTAH, USAFebruary 16, 2017
for a year and a half I have given selflessly to help people better themselves, it was a great time to find myself and be in an environment that is supporting team building, long time life goals and great work ethics. will serving there is a scheduled everyone follows, each morning we get up at 6:30am we study for 2 hours and go out visiting, supporting and helping communities in any which way we can and return home by 9:00pm. for the year and a half, as well as we are in partnerships with other individuals for all over the world and different personality and cultures, the language Barrie was the hardest part but the most beneficial, I ve learned kind act and warm gestures went a long way and helped me become a better person.
Pros
adventure
Cons
languge
Productive and fun workplace
Missionary Service (Former Employee) –  50 E. North Temple St.January 20, 2017
I loved being a missionary for this company, I made a lot of friends with my same beliefs, ethics and culture.
A typical day at work involved visiting many people in their homes to give them divine guidance over many things they were and are still going through with God's help.

Helped a person overcome addiction to drugs.
Pros
Free lunch, gas, discounts, freebies, copay and almost free insurance
Cons
shortbreaks
Learned many new skills
Missionary (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaDecember 17, 2016
Each morning I would arise at 7, get ready for the day and study the language as well as church materials for 3 hours. I learned how to overcome hardship and to work diligently. I learned how to sacrifice as well as overcome differences with differing companions. The hardest part of the job was rejection, but it also became a drive to do better. In this time of 2 years, I learned many good things, such as to see the best in people, to be patient, how to discern needs of those around me, and so forth. This was entirely voluntary, with no salary.
Pros
Hard Work
The LDS Church is an Excellent Place to Work
Senior Audiovisual Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
I loved all 33+ years I had the privilege or working for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as an engineer in AV Engineering, a service department. Every day was a great day. The management was excellent. My coworkers were a delight to work with. The work was interesting. I loved what I did and why I did it. I learned to do a variety of things both inside and outside of engineering. I enjoyed it the most when the client department was pleased with a job well done when a project was completed, a job that exceeded their expectations and delighted the client as a customer.
Pros
All the benefits of a great corporate organization
Cons
Wonderful opportunity to learn and grow and help others.
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 2, 2017
I loved my time as a full-time missionary, we had many opportunities each day to help others. Our days were organized, we set goals each day that we worked hard to achieve. Talking with people from all walks of life was intimidating, and difficult but it was the most rewarding experience to understand others and why they do the things they do.
Membership
Church Leader (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 25, 2016
Our purpose is to “invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end” “The scriptures can form a foundation of support. They can provide an incredibly large resource of willing friends who can help us. A memorized scripture becomes an enduring friend that is not weakened with the passage of time.” Your righteousness gives others a confirmation of the goodness of life anchored in eternal truth.
Pros
Salvation and Eternal Life
Enjoyable and productive job
Full Time Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 24, 2016
Working as a volunteered missionary was an amazing opportunity that it gave me face to face costumer service experience. our normal day routine was basically knocking on doors and talk to everyone we see on the street, we take breaks during that 8hours. It was the most enjoyable thing I've ever done , it build my confidence to talk to people and give them service with whatever they may need help with.
Missionary Work
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 21, 2017
As missionaries, we don't get paid for doing this because it is volunteer serve we do for others and have fun while we work. Also, we do for free and no charge of anykind like money wise. We would get a day off to catch up with families and friends on the computers and do shopping for food,clothes, etc. Overall, I like doing missionary work.
Pros
One Hour Breaks
Cons
Work from 10:00am -9:00 pm
Great life experience
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 16, 2016
I didn't get paid to serve as a missionary, but my compensation came in much different forms. It was the hardest I had ever worked in my life. I was up at 6:30 every day, followed by scripture study for a couple hours, and then proselyted from about 10 am to 9 pm with a couple hours for lunch and dinner breaks. It was difficult at times, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Pros
Great life experience
Cons
Getting along with assigned companions
Great place to get some experience
ServiceNow Admin (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTNovember 14, 2016
Been able to gain experience with ServiceNow.
It's been a great place to work, really good environment.

Draw back if working as a contingent (contractor) position it can be frustrating because the LDS Church doesn't hire very many of their contingent workers.

I know of a few contingents that have actually have been converted to full time employment, but usually it this is not the case.
Pros
family friendly - understanding if need to take time off
Cons
doesn't normally allow to work from home
For a very specific crowd
Missionary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 22, 2016
Serving as a full time missionary was one of the best things i have ever done in my life. The structure was great and the management was supportive. I had everything I needed to be successful. It was dynamic work. It was hard work. It was all encompassing. I enjoyed loosing myself in the workload and culture.
Pros
doing good for others
Cons
no free time whatsoever
Great group to work with
ABM Industries Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Mississippi gulf coastJanuary 12, 2017
I am a contractor for the LDS church, my experience interacting with and working for have all been extremely positive. This experience has helped me learn not only about myself but what I am capable of and has taught me to many things that have helped expand my knowledge bass.
Pros
great people to work with
Challenging environment is confidential, personal situations.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2017
Challenging work with church leaders in sensitive matters.
Interacted with church leaders in foreign countries, also met with some in a personal setting. Developed numerous friendships and provided support in challenging situations.
Pros
pleasant environment
Cons
limited advancement
Amazing Experience
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 10, 2016
I absolutely loved serving for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I grow so much as a person and learned so much more then I could have any other way. It was an amazing experience and a great way to learn how to work well with others in difficult situations. It also taught me how I can be a more dependable and professional in my day to day life.
A great eleven years!
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 5, 2016
The privilege was mine to get to work with and for some of the best mentors and role models possible. While the work was sometimes challenging, it was always manageable and my efforts were highly appreciated and applauded.

I learned a great deal in this position. The growth opportunities were there for all facets of life. I will always be grateful for having the good fortune of working as many years as I did in this position. It was a wonderful experience!
Fun, challenging and overall great experiences
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 23, 2016
My day started with typing up and reports that needed to be documented. I learned how to be proficient in typing and answering calls. I did not exactly have management as it was a church but I did follow the instructions that were given to me by the Bishop. I didn't have many co wokers as this was a service job I rarely got to interact with co workers, however I did interact more with the public.
peaceful place to work
Maintenance/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoy working for the church, it is a peaceful environment with good job security. As long you are a member of the church and follow all their "religions rules" as it is the requirement for all jobs.
Pros
pay for cell phone, TX tag, medical and dental insurance
Cons
have to be member
Not a typical work environment, but well worth the time.
Emergency Preparedness and Response Director (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Everything done within the LDS Church is on a volunteer basis, much like those involved with VOAD. Through this experience, I have been able to start a program from the ground up. The main challenges have been getting individuals to think more proactively about preparations and possible recovery/response situations.
Pros
Great people and environment.
Cons
Lack of book-knowledge in this area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8