The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

The LDS Church is an Excellent Place to Work
Senior Audiovisual Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
I loved all 33+ years I had the privilege or working for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as an engineer in AV Engineering, a service department. Every day was a great day. The management was excellent. My coworkers were a delight to work with. The work was interesting. I loved what I did and why I did it. I learned to do a variety of things both inside and outside of engineering. I enjoyed it the most when the client department was pleased with a job well done when a project was completed, a job that exceeded their expectations and delighted the client as a customer.
Pros
All the benefits of a great corporate organization
Learned many new skills
Missionary (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaDecember 17, 2016
Each morning I would arise at 7, get ready for the day and study the language as well as church materials for 3 hours. I learned how to overcome hardship and to work diligently. I learned how to sacrifice as well as overcome differences with differing companions. The hardest part of the job was rejection, but it also became a drive to do better. In this time of 2 years, I learned many good things, such as to see the best in people, to be patient, how to discern needs of those around me, and so forth. This was entirely voluntary, with no salary.
Pros
Hard Work
Great life experience
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 16, 2016
I didn't get paid to serve as a missionary, but my compensation came in much different forms. It was the hardest I had ever worked in my life. I was up at 6:30 every day, followed by scripture study for a couple hours, and then proselyted from about 10 am to 9 pm with a couple hours for lunch and dinner breaks. It was difficult at times, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Pros
Great life experience
Cons
Getting along with assigned companions
Great Workplace
Media Producer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2016
I love the workplace, the Spirit that resides with us and being able to do the work of the Lord. We have a lot of fun as a team and I have loved learning to do the things that I do here.
Pros
Parties, team meetings, birthday celebrations
Cons
no benefits for anyone except FTE, job security is rocky, advancement is intentional but hard to get
Good money but that's it
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 31, 2017
Good pay but that was it. Terrible management that will not work with you what so ever. Benefits were decent but not great. Terrible schedule.
A good employer
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City; Utah; USANovember 22, 2016
It is quite difficult to get a job with them but once you do you are well looked after, paid a fair market related salary and benefits. Very pleasant working environment and the co workers are a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great co workers and working environment
Cons
Difficult to get into
Great Place
Senior Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2016
Spent 21 yrs working for them. Great benefits and opportunity. The best and most ethical people in the world to work for. The different place I have worked across the globe have given me a deep and spiritual/ temporal in what our world is all about.
Pros
Top notch employer
Pretty Good
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 8, 2016
Overall very good. Was volunteering. Very considerate leaders and health benefits. Though the hours were long, it was definitely worth it.
amazing growing experience
Missionary (Former Employee) –  AsunciónSeptember 6, 2016
it was an amazing opportunity for me to not only grow as an individual but t help others grow as well spiritually. I would do it again in a heartbeat, we as missionaries were not paid, it is a voluntary thing that we choose to do. there is no monetary compensation, but there is a huge satisfaction in helping people come closer to God.
Food Production is great and fun to work at.
Return Missionary (Former Employee) –  Maryland City, MDAugust 6, 2016
I am available to work from 4am-12:30pm and sometimes it would be during the afternoon and 7:00pm-3:00am. I enjoy getting to know all my co-workers and I'm willing to help to get the work progress faster as we all work together.
Pros
Free Lunch and get benefits
Cons
short break hours
educational
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  UTAH, USAFebruary 16, 2017
for a year and a half I have given selflessly to help people better themselves, it was a great time to find myself and be in an environment that is supporting team building, long time life goals and great work ethics. will serving there is a scheduled everyone follows, each morning we get up at 6:30am we study for 2 hours and go out visiting, supporting and helping communities in any which way we can and return home by 9:00pm. for the year and a half, as well as we are in partnerships with other individuals for all over the world and different personality and cultures, the language Barrie was the hardest part but the most beneficial, I ve learned kind act and warm gestures went a long way and helped me become a better person.
Pros
adventure
Cons
languge
I am a member of the LDS where I have learned discipline and values.
Teacher's Quorum Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 8, 2016
The LDS church is a religious organization. I do not received monetary compensation in my volunteer jobs or callings. But learned service to the community. And learned about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We don't have a CEO but a Bishop.
Always doing something and going somewhere.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  New MexicoFebruary 16, 2017
On an LDS Mission you do not get paid it's all volunteer and you work hard making it to appointments on time and helping others the best you can. time management is key.
LDS Missions
Full-Time Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2017
Worked everyday teaching people about Jesus Christ, His Gospel, and helping them to come unto him through the principles of the Gospel, including faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I learned how living right gives a positive impact to those I taught and to myself. Learned how to work with other volunteers and how to help them become more effective. It is much like sales but instead of selling things, I offered messages that would positively impact people's lives. The hardest part is facing rejection of many people and learning the hard lessons of door to door work. The best part I would say is the joy that comes from seeing people change their lives for good and the joy they feel.
Pros
Changed my life for good and gave me tools to be a more effective employee, citizen, etc.
Cons
Hardest ordeal of my life...
Very productive and fun
Voluntary Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Extremely worthwhile. I had the opportunity to travel abroad and be willing to help people who wanted to change their lives for the better and that made a huge impact in my life. I worked with different companions and every single day we enjoy finding, teaching, and helping others who want to change. I learned how to be more of service to others, to be more compassionate, and in the end I find myself being the most grateful, because not only was I able to serve and assist them better, but they've served and assisted me throughout this entire journey. That's a decision I will never regret and it helped me strive to become a more better person.
Incredible, life changing experience of preparation
Ecclesiastical minister- Missionary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2016
I loved my time that I spent as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I learned so many amazing life skills and feel far more prepared to face life challenges based on all I learned as a missionary. My service was 100% voluntary and I received no financial compensation for my 2 years of service (in fact, I paid to be on the mission), but I feel the investment of time was worth more than any amount of money could have replaced.
Great Place to Work
Senior Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to work, but upward advancement can be slower than at other companies. Work environment is the best, and management will always allow employees to put family first.
For a very specific crowd
Missionary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 22, 2016
Serving as a full time missionary was one of the best things i have ever done in my life. The structure was great and the management was supportive. I had everything I needed to be successful. It was dynamic work. It was hard work. It was all encompassing. I enjoyed loosing myself in the workload and culture.
Pros
doing good for others
Cons
no free time whatsoever
peaceful place to work
Maintenance/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoy working for the church, it is a peaceful environment with good job security. As long you are a member of the church and follow all their "religions rules" as it is the requirement for all jobs.
Pros
pay for cell phone, TX tag, medical and dental insurance
Cons
have to be member
Productive, busy work and many growing experiences
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 3, 2017
We would generally work for about 10-12 hours a day. We were outside knocking on doors and working with a wide range of people. We got to learn how to communicate differently, not only with difference of language, but how to say things certain ways to different kinds of people. There were times when people would deny our message, and we would become saddened because of the great importance of it, but we would always learn from those experiences, and if we let them, they would make us stronger.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8