The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Missionary for the Welfare Services (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTMarch 27, 2017
all missionary work learned fork lifting helping those that need the help. Stocking shelves and packaging produce like a regular grocery store. You get to work with people that want to be there and help.
Pros
helping people
Nothing is paid
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2017
This is just a service opportunity I had for 2 years. Learned a lot about life, rejection, and human nature. Not much to say. The Mormon church is growing for a reason.
Missionary Work
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
I served in Houston Texas, in the Spanish wards. It was probably some of the hardest work I have ever been a part of but I was able to learn quite a bit.
Pros
Learned a lot about life
Cons
Cant see family
They helped a lot
Missionary for the Church (Former Employee) –  Frankfurt, Germany or Salt Lake City, UTMarch 20, 2017
I did not actually work for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I spent two years in Germany as a missionary for the Church. It was seriously the best two years of my life.
Volunteer missionary
Zone leader, district leader, trainer, missionary (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 20, 2017
I was on a volunteer mission so its not a job I dont know why they are saying it is.

I loved the mission and it taught me a lot that I really dont know that I could have learned otherwise.
Pros
fun, learning, growth
Cons
hard work, but worth it
Love it
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 19, 2017
Nothing better, I could not have been happier with the respect I was given and the lessons I learned. Great support and you felt loved and important all the time.
Best place to be
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 17, 2017
There may bot be any better way to spend your life than in the service of God and your fellow man. This was the greatest job I ever took and couldn't have been better for me in my life.
Hardworking
Church Service Missionary (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 16, 2017
I learned the art of patience, the importance of team work and effective time management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching transformations in people's lives.
Pros
Gratifying
LDS Missions
Full-Time Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 13, 2017
Worked everyday teaching people about Jesus Christ, His Gospel, and helping them to come unto him through the principles of the Gospel, including faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. I learned how living right gives a positive impact to those I taught and to myself. Learned how to work with other volunteers and how to help them become more effective. It is much like sales but instead of selling things, I offered messages that would positively impact people's lives. The hardest part is facing rejection of many people and learning the hard lessons of door to door work. The best part I would say is the joy that comes from seeing people change their lives for good and the joy they feel.
Pros
Changed my life for good and gave me tools to be a more effective employee, citizen, etc.
Cons
Hardest ordeal of my life...
Best 18 months of my life so far
Volunteer Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAMarch 10, 2017
Hardest and best adventure I've yet experienced.

Learned: leadership qualities, how to talk to people, listening skills, problem-solving skills, communication skills, obedience.

This is a 24/7 volunteer experience. We had strict rules for safety and also to help us focus on our purpose. I learned to talk to everyone. I shared with them my beliefs and learned how to talk with individuals in a way that they would want to take the steps to find out for themselves if what I said was true.
productive
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 8, 2017
Great experience. i taught people the gospel for 2 years. I received many blessings and saw many miracles in the two years that i was gone. I met alot of awesome people.
not a paying job
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 8, 2017
great set of skills you learn. You become something else than what you started out as. The more you learn the more you understand how talking with people develops as a single skill that ends up helping you in the long run.
Volunteer work
Nursery Teacher (Current Employee) –  Grantsville, UTMarch 6, 2017
This job was on a voluntary basis each Sunday in Grantsville Utah. I worked with the toddlers 18 months to 3 years old and loved it. The worst part is screaming children. The best part is when they are happy and you are able to teach them something positive about themselves or life.
Productive, busy work and many growing experiences
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 3, 2017
We would generally work for about 10-12 hours a day. We were outside knocking on doors and working with a wide range of people. We got to learn how to communicate differently, not only with difference of language, but how to say things certain ways to different kinds of people. There were times when people would deny our message, and we would become saddened because of the great importance of it, but we would always learn from those experiences, and if we let them, they would make us stronger.
Very productive and fun
Voluntary Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sydney, FLFebruary 28, 2017
Extremely worthwhile. I had the opportunity to travel abroad and be willing to help people who wanted to change their lives for the better and that made a huge impact in my life. I worked with different companions and every single day we enjoy finding, teaching, and helping others who want to change. I learned how to be more of service to others, to be more compassionate, and in the end I find myself being the most grateful, because not only was I able to serve and assist them better, but they've served and assisted me throughout this entire journey. That's a decision I will never regret and it helped me strive to become a more better person.
Missionary
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Mission, CAFebruary 24, 2017
I served a two year voluntary unpaid missionary mission to California in accordance with my belief, desires and convictions. This helped become a stronger well balanced person. I developed a greater faith not only from service but in communicating and working with those that wanted to change.,
Conservative Stable Company
On-Site Project Manager - Boise, ID (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2017
Large stable company located in a variety of markets. Stable and predictable performance provides opportunities to engage once career and daily work in a good cause.
Great Place to Work
Senior Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to work, but upward advancement can be slower than at other companies. Work environment is the best, and management will always allow employees to put family first.
Charity
Assistant Compassionate Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harlem, GAFebruary 22, 2017
This is a volunteer position. I still include on my resume because it is work. The environment/culture is great because we all work together to take care of the needs of those we serve. It is very rewarding.
great place to work
Secretary of the Priests Quorum (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Well-run clean storehouse to help people in need. It was run by volunteers who were all very friendly and caring towards the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8