The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
New Accounts Rep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 18, 2017
I had other reasons for quitting this job. It's a great place to work. The people are excellent. I really liked the management. The working condtions are great.
Pros
Beautiful place to work
Amazing
Full-time missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 17, 2017
Amazing place to do voluntary service for others. there was no pay, nor any benefits, but it was still the most rewarding service i have ever done. 24/7 knocking on doors, volunteering to help others in any way possible. Amazing coworkers and management. Highly recommended.
Voluntary Missionary Work: Humbling & Satisfying
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2017
I loved serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I got to serve and help people in the communities and cities I lived in. I was also able to develop great working, studying, and even cooking skills while on my Mission.
Cons
Producer / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 10, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Pay and benefits were fair and well communicated. Culture is very positive as well and people are willing to help each other. Only reason I am leaving is restructuring that will leave my current position unnecessary.
Pros
good benefits, supportive supervisors, cheap but good cafeteria
Cons
advancement can be hard to get
Productive and uplifting and inspiring
S&I Country Director- Guam Micronesia (Former Employee) –  GuamOctober 8, 2017
Good working environment. On- going training was very helpful. The objectives were clearly defined and understood. As an employee I felt needed and wanted to do my best . Management was excellent and unified. It was a privilege to work for this company and I was grateful for being a part of it until I retired.
Review
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Grad ZagrebOctober 6, 2017
So I served as a missionary for the LDS church for two years over in former Yugolslavia.
I enjoyed every moment that I had over there. I got to meant so many wonderful people and learn their culture and way of life.
The hardest part of being a missionary is that a lot of people reject you, cause either they don't believe in God, or they are fine where they are at in life.
Pros
Serving God
Cons
Rejection
Missionary Work
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 6, 2017
This was mostly day to day proselyting on a voulunteer basis with a schedule that dictated every minute of everyday 24/7 no days off. It was incredibly enjoyable.
Fast-passed and a great experience
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PROctober 5, 2017
A typical day consisted of teaching and presenting services for 8-10 hours per day, 7 days a week, for a year and a half. I was involved in planning, organizing and participating in meetings and conferences which helped me to develop strong communication and organizational skills. It was a fast-passed, high stress, environment but I was able to learn how to work under such conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction that I got from helping and serving others each day. It was very fulfilling
Proselytizing Missionary Service
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, South DakotaOctober 3, 2017
It was a good experience. I made some lifetime friends and was able to learn so much through study, prayer, going without food, sleep, warmth in the winter or cool air in the summer. I learned to love the native american people and to recognize their struggle. I will forever be greatful for the opportunity I was given to serve, struggle and learn next to my brothers.
Cons
Best Experience of my life thus far.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAOctober 3, 2017
I served as a volunteer missionary for the Church for two years, it is something I paid to do and am very grateful for the experience it gave me and the skills I learned. While it may not have been a paying 'job' it was the most rewarding I have ever had.
My all interest in this job is to help mankind from suffering and also to better my self as a successful person.
Voluntary Worker (Current Employee) –  Accra near CantonmentOctober 3, 2017
I have a much interest in doing this work to enable me also to work hard to help my people in my community to reduce sickness and poverty in the world
Pros
I am in educating people
Cons
Girl child education
Wonderful Opportunity
Volunteer Workers (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaOctober 1, 2017
This is a volunteer only Position. A typical day consisted of helping those who attend the Temple. It is a Church based enviornment and I still volunteer. The hardest part of the job for me was not being able to serve for a longer period of time. The most enjoyable was seeing the patrons come and leave with a better view of the Gospel.
Pros
Enviornment
difficult volunteer work
Voluntary Representative (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CASeptember 30, 2017
Serving an LDS mission is a voluntary job, paid for out of pocket (or in the case of myself, the pockets of my parents). It's not easy to basically be a salesman of religion, and that's how a lot of people view you.

If you believe in the church's teachings, you'll receive blessings on earth and in heaven for your hard work as a missionary. There is no monetary compensation, in fact you pay out of pocket to participate.

I was lucky to pick up a new skill besides learning a bit about how to talk with people, I learned Spanish from working in southern California among the Latino populations there.

Unless people have had a bad experience with the LDS church, generally they were nice. It was kind of a thankless job, but there is a lot of support from members of the LDS church living in the areas in which most missionaries serve.
Pros
dinner with church members, learning new skills
Cons
difficult work, thankless work, a lot of rejection like in sales
As a missionary...
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2017
Volunteering as a missionary is very different than any other kind of employment that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has to offer. It was unpaid, full time volunteer work. It was an incredible opportunity to grow as a person, to meet and learn to work with all kinds of different people, and to work hard to help others, something that has great personal value to me.
Pros
Helping others, ability to serve, developing people skills, personal character development
Cons
Away from family and friends for extended period of time with limited communication
Fantastic Church
Volunteer Seminary Student Council Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2017
This church runs everything very well. It is obvious that they take care in the things that they are a part of and I really enjoyed my time doing service there.
Fulfilling Place to work
Representative (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HISeptember 28, 2017
Served as a Full-time Missionary. Serving as a full-time representative for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is volunteer position that requires much preparation work beforehand.
Pros
Professional Training and Experience, Very fulfilling
Cons
As a missionary you can't get a better oppurtunity
Missionary (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 26, 2017
As a missionary working for the church is wonderful. They send you to a completely different culture for 2 years and you get to work 10 hours on the streets not counting all your prep time in the morning. The blessings you get from that are amazing and I wouldn't have traded the time for the world.
Two years as a volunteer representative in Italy
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Milano, LombardiaSeptember 26, 2017
I spent two years in Italy as a representative of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I learned a lot and was able to help the locals learn English and improve the quality of their lives.
Volunteer Missionary - Hard work, best thing you'll ever do
Full Time Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  All over the world. I served in Kennewick, WASeptember 24, 2017
Missionaries dedicate a full 18 months to 2 years to go to a foreign place and teach the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. You wake up at 6:30 am, exercise, get ready for the day, and study till 10 am. If you are learning a new language, you study your language as well. Other than meals, the rest of your day is made up of finding people to teach, teaching, and service.
I learned how to come closer to Jesus Christ, the definition of hard work and perseverance, and how to work with people. I came to love those I met. I learned how to truly be happy.
Missionaries have leaders called Mission Presidents, Assistants to the President, Zone Leaders, District Leaders, Trainers, and (for the Sisters) Sister Training Leaders. As a missionary, you could have the opportunity to serve in one of those positions. These leaders all work together to guide and help the missionaries. They check for the missionaries' well being, as well as help them learn to improve. They're a wonderful support to missionaries.
There are many hard parts, but the benefits outweigh those difficulties. It is hard to be rejected as you search for people to teach. It's hard to miss your family and to not date. But as you focus on the work you're doing and not on what you can't do, the is so much joy.
The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to see the people you teach progress and come closer to God. As you give it your all, you do the same. It truly is a work of joy.
Pros
Closeness to God, Understanding of the Gospel, ability to share it
Cons
Rejection at times, worry for those you love
It was an invigorating experiance
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 21, 2017
I was a missionary, so I would say that this kind of job you only get as a member. It was fun and it invited me to really grow my skills in communication, time, and money management, and marketing. THe people were amazing. The workplace was always fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8