The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

The true Church, who wouldn't want to be a part of that?
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 21, 2017
I served as a missionary for the Church, and it was quite the experience. Not for the weak-at-heart. Most influential job I've had in my life, and an experience that I will cherish forevermore. This job turns boys into men.
Maintenance Carpenter (Former Employee) –  UtahApril 20, 2017
It was a great experience to have a devotional every Monday. I found the work to be very enjoyable. I had a crazy boss that was eagerly trying to move up the ladder. This made it hard for all of us to maintain a good attitude.
Pros
Great atmosphers
Cons
Pay
serving others all day everyday
Fulltime missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 19, 2017
I loved it. it was very full filling getting to see peoples lives change because of what i had to share with them. It made me a better person. more reliable, spiritual and capable.
Great Experience
Early Morning Seminary Teacher (Former Employee) –  La Crosse WIApril 18, 2017
Enjoyed student interactions and teaching. They were very organized. The monthly and bi-yearly trainings were well prepared and informative. It was a pleasure to work with other teachers and coordinators.
Pros
Lots of learning
Cons
early morning
Great Opportunity
Humanitarian Aid - Tennessee (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 12, 2017
I enjoyed giving service to the people of Tennessee. It was such a great opportunity to help out those who needed it during difficult times due to the current weather conditions in the community.
Great place to be as a missionary
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 11, 2017
The mission is a great way to spend some of your younger years. I enjoyed my mission president immensely. He gave me great advice and taught me how to live a better life. The mission is hard but definitely worth it.
Missionary Service
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 11, 2017
These were some of the hardest days of my live. Yet, everyday of those two years were the most full filling days. This job isn't for everyone and it will make you stretch and develop.
I liked what I did for the Church it was fun and I learned a lot.
Designer 1 (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTApril 10, 2017
I worked very hard for the Church for 30 years. Then they let me go.
I missed 5work days for sick leave in the last 6 years I was very dependable and loyal till now.
Pros
very flexible with hours.
Cons
to much management.
Very productive and fun
Sells Representative (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, GautengApril 10, 2017
working Here is good though its very much busy.

I work for 6 days a week without a public holiday or weekend and off days. no leaves as well. but I enjoy working and have much mire experience to learn although there is no payment since its a voluntary service for 2 years, I do enjoy.
missionary service
Full-Time Area Representative (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 9, 2017
i served for 2 years as a missionary for the church. always treated like i expect to be since i signed up for it to work for 2 years without pay. its fantastic.
My work as a full time missionary.
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 8, 2017
Working as a missionary for a year an a half is exhausting. But so worth it. Our "CEO" the Prophet of the Lord is inspired in sending God's missionaries where they are most needed. This job is not for the faint of heart. But the spiritual blessings, or compensation far out way the sacrifices.

Qualifications, You must be a member of the True and everlasting Church. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day saints. For a full year. you must have a desire to serve. and you must be worthy to serve as a representative of Jesus Christ.
excellent place for young men to hang out
Young Men Presidency (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 7, 2017
I managed up to 8 to 15 young men every Wednesday night at the church where I help set up plans for the young men to accomplished doing their time in church. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I love the way they come to church and be enthusiastic about what I give them. What I have learned is that it takes time to process and implements things into actions.
Pros
paid activity
Cons
volunteer work
Wonderful experience
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAApril 3, 2017
Service as a missionary is a wonderful experience. Its difficult and challenging, but a worthy test of ones character and people skills. While service is limited in its time, it is worth it.
Spreading the Word of the Lord has never been so fun!
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 2, 2017
I was a volunteer missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the California, Santa Rosa Mission. Thanks to this experience I am fluent in Spanish and have excellent "people skills".
Pros
Happy atmosphere, learned every day, schedule
Cons
None!
Very fun
Bishop Storehouse Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 30, 2017
It was a really good volunteer opportunity. I enjoyed working with people. I enjoyed restocking the shelves and helping unload groceries. The people in charge were very nice and helpful.
Really good activities of self improvement
Sales associate Deseret Industries (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90023March 30, 2017
A typical day at work was helping our costumers to have a good experience, treating them good and making them feel appreciated in the store.
I learned a lot about costumer care, specially about the importance of keeping the area ready for the costumers to have an awesome experience.
I really enjoyed the way of management. Everything was really organized an we always knew how to handle hard situations, because of the way they prepared us for it.
The work place culture involved, respect, cooperation, and team work
which made the work more enjoyable.
The hardest part of the job I would say was not having sometimes exactly what the costumer needed, because they would leave not buying anything.
And the best part of the job was learning from our managers, about the best way to improve our job.
Financial Secretary
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Comayaguela, HondurasMarch 28, 2017
The LDS church being very organized and careful with purchases, I had to be perfect with purchases, I was taught that I couldnt make any mistakes. It was challenging but I was able to problem solve all problems and not make unnecessary purchases.
Pros
A company car, health care, and free rent
Cons
Stress, no set schedule
Missionary for the Welfare Services (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTMarch 27, 2017
all missionary work learned fork lifting helping those that need the help. Stocking shelves and packaging produce like a regular grocery store. You get to work with people that want to be there and help.
Pros
helping people
Nothing is paid
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 27, 2017
This is just a service opportunity I had for 2 years. Learned a lot about life, rejection, and human nature. Not much to say. The Mormon church is growing for a reason.
Missionary Work
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 27, 2017
I served in Houston Texas, in the Spanish wards. It was probably some of the hardest work I have ever been a part of but I was able to learn quite a bit.
Pros
Learned a lot about life
Cons
Cant see family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8