The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Eagle Scout Projects
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAJune 21, 2017
Once we had clean park benches and replace them with new ones, hardest part was the actual work but the best part is in the end when you eat food provided by church members.
Pros
Blessings, Friends
Cons
Hard work
Great experience
Full Time Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2017
You get to learn a lot about people, a lot about yourself, and a lot about the restored gospel. Highly recommend it to anyone who wants these things! !
Great thing to work for! Really gave me a purpose.
Missionary, Scotland/Ireland Mission (Former Employee) –  Scotland, UKJune 21, 2017
I absolutely loved volunteering for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I spent 18 months in Scotland and Ireland as a missionary and I loved it. My mission president and his wife were the kindest people ever and they took such good care of us. It was hard work- as we were outside talking to strangers all day most of the times in the rain- but it was worth it. It helped me to learn what was important in life and really why I was a missionary. It gave me a greater understanding of myself.
Pros
Amazing volunteers to work around
I loved it
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 16, 2017
There are so many different learning experiences and opportunities to grow. Each day there are new challenges that arise and opportunities to be able to learn as you overcome them.
church
Private Pitching Instructor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 16, 2017
This was a job away from a job. Fun place to be and learning a lot always. This church is filled with a bunch of people who are ready to learn and share advice.
Productive and learn so much.
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  PhillipinesJune 15, 2017
They give all time to improve and to learn. To be humble and love other people serve other and help them to believe about the massege. They give manage time to collect and to improve. Phillippines. People not believe about the massge. To invite other people to see the church and the plan of god for us.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Break
Great work environment
Senior, Area Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 12, 2017
Came from a high stress business to a relaxed atmosphere that cares about me as a person.
Work stress is light.
People are caring and supportive
Hard to move up in the organization
Fun and Productive workplace
Miss (Former Employee) –  NewbeJune 10, 2017
Once a week, we would get together and play either Volleyball, basketball, or go hiking. But most important of all, we would get others involved. We would even go out out of our way to help people out if they needed it.
The Best Two Years
Missionary Service (Former Employee) –  Everywhere in the WorldJune 7, 2017
The pay is junk, in fact it will cost you around $10,000 to be a missionary, but the fulfillment is prime. Unfortunately, if you disobey the rules, sometimes even rules that aren't written down, you just get sent home, no refund, no thank you. There's really no way to advance your job, unless Jesus himself comes down to proclaim you higher than anyone else.
Pros
Spiritual fulfillment and growth beyond your wildest dreams.
Cons
Very rigid and inflexible. Hard work, with no respite or personal time/space.
Great staff and management
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Kaysville, UTJune 7, 2017
I enjoyed working with everyone and we all did our best to help one another in getting our job done and helping the new trainees understand the job as quickly as possible. Very friendly environment
Pros
Great environment and great pay
i was a missionary
Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 4, 2017
i had the blessing to go and serve others for 2 years to help them look for a better way to live their lives more enjoyable here in the world my vision was change and my goals were made and now im a better man and i can out and work and learn form the best so one day i can become like them
Pros
association
Best two years!
Full-Time Volunteer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 2, 2017
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the best run church in the whole world. Management is incredibly loving and intelligent. Find out more!
Best Job I ever had.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Argos, INJune 1, 2017
Working at The Church of Jesus Christ made me feel like I meant something to the congregation. Everyone treated me with respect and valued my opinions on certain items. I was able to make my own hours given my particular duties. I really miss working for a church / company that made me feel like I made a difference for them.
Pros
Great hours. Great staff.
Cons
Not working there anymore.
Volunteer religious service
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2017
This was a volunteer service, not a proper employment. I hardly think I could write a review of a not-for-profit volunteer-program. It was a positive and formative experience.
Great work environment, but don't expect to stick around
Associate Publisher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 30, 2017
I'd work here again in a heartbeat. I worked with great people, had excellent managers, got along great with my coworkers, and got to collaborate with quite a few people.
The one thing that frustrates me to no end about the job is the near impossibility of securing a full-time position with the Church. My position was contracted to for a year, with the possibility to renew for a second year. The word is that while you're there, you may be able to get a full-time position and stick around. However, there is a cap on the number of full-time positions available. To get one, you have to be in the right place at the right time and have a good relationship with the right person in the right position. Without that, it's very unlikely that you'll get a full-time position. A person I knew waited (and actively searched for) a full-time position for over 3 years, and he never got it.
In addition, there is an employee association that specifically forbids contingent employees from participating in full-time employee functions. From what I was able to gather from discussions with full-time employees, they are required to treat contingent employees differently than full-time employees. This was also a source of frustration. It could have been intended to encourage contingent employees to get a full-time position, but with the cap on the number of full-time positions, it is extremely difficult to get one.
In summary: Great work, great work environment, great people, but absolutely terrible method of hiring talent.
Pros
Great culture, team, and great work to do
Cons
TERRIBLE system of hiring people (you have an expiration date, with nothing you can do to change it)
Missionary
Missionary - South Texas Area (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXMay 29, 2017
It was a great experience to serve a mission. You acquire a myriad of skill sets that will help you in a corporate environment. You must be a self-starter to really succeed in the mission and it was one of the best things I did in my life. Though I don't buy the doctrine anymore it still was great for learning and growing.
Communities in Oceanside
Church Service (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAMay 27, 2017
Able to learn what hard work is all about. Willing to help those whom are less fortunate. It gave me a sense of Responsibility and Dependibility. Just willing to help and serve and communicate with church leaders and participate.
Pros
All good worki
Served and LDS Mission
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 24, 2017
Best thing i have ever done. I met people, experienced things, and learned more than i ever thought was possible to learn. Best opportunity a person could ever have.
Pros
travel
Missionary
Missionary (Former Employee) –  KansasMay 23, 2017
Tight living schedule to follow. I learned a lot about dedication and doing things even when it is hard to do them. I was in leadership for almost all of my mission. Hardest part of my job was working when I was exhausted, but was worth it when I saw people I came to love make changes in their lives.
Pros
Watching people make changes in their lives.
Cons
Not a lot of sick days
Wonderful, Uplifting Place to Work
Project Coordinator (Curriculum) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 22, 2017
The atmosphere here is wonderful! Job advancement isn't always readily available, especially for women.

The work/life balance is great! When you go home, you can go home and leave work behind.

This was the first job I had that really made me feel like a responsible professional.
Pros
Great work life balance, extraordinary people.
Cons
Not a lot of room for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8