The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Fantastic,life changing experience.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2016
The experience I had here changed my life. I am a new person thanks to learning to apply myself, work hard, gain people skills,learn to manage time, and many other skills
I was not employed here
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2016
I was not employed here, I served a mission here. Most sacred two years of my life. I can't comment on them as an employer. I am sure it is also phenomenal.
Wonderful!
Sunday School Teacher (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTDecember 5, 2016
Great opportunity to grow closer to the Savor and fellowship others. I enjoy being able to help encourage others of principles that help guide us in these Latter days.
Pros
Jesus Christ, God, The plan of Salvation
Cons
N/A
The LDS Church is an Excellent Place to Work
Senior Audiovisual Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
I loved all 33+ years I had the privilege or working for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as an engineer in AV Engineering, a service department. Every day was a great day. The management was excellent. My coworkers were a delight to work with. The work was interesting. I loved what I did and why I did it. I learned to do a variety of things both inside and outside of engineering. I enjoyed it the most when the client department was pleased with a job well done when a project was completed, a job that exceeded their expectations and delighted the client as a customer.
Pros
All the benefits of a great corporate organization
p-day
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  UtahNovember 30, 2016
i learn to have fun and work hard. we go to house to house knocking and we teach people about the church. we also talk to everyone we see and tell them about the gosple
Pros
short brake
Cons
tirde
Membership
Church Leader (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 25, 2016
Our purpose is to “invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end” “The scriptures can form a foundation of support. They can provide an incredibly large resource of willing friends who can help us. A memorized scripture becomes an enduring friend that is not weakened with the passage of time.” Your righteousness gives others a confirmation of the goodness of life anchored in eternal truth.
Pros
Salvation and Eternal Life
Enjoyable and productive job
Full Time Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 24, 2016
Working as a volunteered missionary was an amazing opportunity that it gave me face to face costumer service experience. our normal day routine was basically knocking on doors and talk to everyone we see on the street, we take breaks during that 8hours. It was the most enjoyable thing I've ever done , it build my confidence to talk to people and give them service with whatever they may need help with.
A good employer
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City; Utah; USANovember 22, 2016
It is quite difficult to get a job with them but once you do you are well looked after, paid a fair market related salary and benefits. Very pleasant working environment and the co workers are a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great co workers and working environment
Cons
Difficult to get into
Fun place to work and grow
District Leader/Missionary (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 17, 2016
It never gets old and you grow a lot. There is always room for improvement and people want you to succeed and so they will try their hardest for you to reach your potential.
Pros
free lunches once every 6 weeks
Cons
very tiring
Great life experience
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 16, 2016
I didn't get paid to serve as a missionary, but my compensation came in much different forms. It was the hardest I had ever worked in my life. I was up at 6:30 every day, followed by scripture study for a couple hours, and then proselyted from about 10 am to 9 pm with a couple hours for lunch and dinner breaks. It was difficult at times, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Pros
Great life experience
Cons
Getting along with assigned companions
Volunteer job that is very rewarding.
Leader (Current Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 15, 2016
Volunteering at church has been wonderful. I have grown so much as a person over these past few years. I fully recommend getting involved in whatever your religion happens to be.
Great place to get some experience
ServiceNow Admin (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTNovember 14, 2016
Been able to gain experience with ServiceNow.
It's been a great place to work, really good environment.

Draw back if working as a contingent (contractor) position it can be frustrating because the LDS Church doesn't hire very many of their contingent workers.

I know of a few contingents that have actually have been converted to full time employment, but usually it this is not the case.
Pros
family friendly - understanding if need to take time off
Cons
doesn't normally allow to work from home
rewarding
Branch Clerk (volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJNovember 12, 2016
this is a church, the work is voluntary, non the less very rewarding. I love to be a part of this church, It means a lot to me.
Amazing Experience
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 10, 2016
I absolutely loved serving for the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I grow so much as a person and learned so much more then I could have any other way. It was an amazing experience and a great way to learn how to work well with others in difficult situations. It also taught me how I can be a more dependable and professional in my day to day life.
Mission
Missionary Service (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CANovember 9, 2016
Not sure why its having me submit a review since this was for a church mission. Experience was amazing & difficult with diverse challenges that I have applied to life.
Its church, with a lot of fun games and other activities.
Manager/ Religious Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester, WINovember 3, 2016
I severing as the leader of the local branch of the church here in Mandeville Jamaica. Its all about voluntary service, so a port of my responsibilities is to over see all activities relating to members of the branch and the community. waile
Pros
lunch once in a wail.
Great Place
Senior Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2016
Spent 21 yrs working for them. Great benefits and opportunity. The best and most ethical people in the world to work for. The different place I have worked across the globe have given me a deep and spiritual/ temporal in what our world is all about.
Pros
Top notch employer
Cons
Productive, fun, and life changing.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  BrazilOctober 15, 2016
A typical work day was waking up at 6:30 am to study (personal and companionship). By 10 o'clock we would leave our house and do service all around the city until 9 p.m. The hardest part of the job was the fact that I was so far away from family. The most enjoyable was the fact that I was helping people better their lives.
Great Workplace
Media Producer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2016
I love the workplace, the Spirit that resides with us and being able to do the work of the Lord. We have a lot of fun as a team and I have loved learning to do the things that I do here.
Pros
Parties, team meetings, birthday celebrations
Cons
no benefits for anyone except FTE, job security is rocky, advancement is intentional but hard to get
Recommend for all
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTOctober 14, 2016
I recommend for all, was a great experience and I would do it again, I love helping people and watching them learn and grow and this was a great environment for that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8