The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

The LDS Church is an Excellent Place to Work
Senior Audiovisual Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
I loved all 33+ years I had the privilege or working for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as an engineer in AV Engineering, a service department. Every day was a great day. The management was excellent. My coworkers were a delight to work with. The work was interesting. I loved what I did and why I did it. I learned to do a variety of things both inside and outside of engineering. I enjoyed it the most when the client department was pleased with a job well done when a project was completed, a job that exceeded their expectations and delighted the client as a customer.
Pros
All the benefits of a great corporate organization
Learned many new skills
Missionary (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaDecember 17, 2016
Each morning I would arise at 7, get ready for the day and study the language as well as church materials for 3 hours. I learned how to overcome hardship and to work diligently. I learned how to sacrifice as well as overcome differences with differing companions. The hardest part of the job was rejection, but it also became a drive to do better. In this time of 2 years, I learned many good things, such as to see the best in people, to be patient, how to discern needs of those around me, and so forth. This was entirely voluntary, with no salary.
Pros
Hard Work
Great life experience
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 16, 2016
I didn't get paid to serve as a missionary, but my compensation came in much different forms. It was the hardest I had ever worked in my life. I was up at 6:30 every day, followed by scripture study for a couple hours, and then proselyted from about 10 am to 9 pm with a couple hours for lunch and dinner breaks. It was difficult at times, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Pros
Great life experience
Cons
Getting along with assigned companions
Great Workplace
Media Producer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2016
I love the workplace, the Spirit that resides with us and being able to do the work of the Lord. We have a lot of fun as a team and I have loved learning to do the things that I do here.
Pros
Parties, team meetings, birthday celebrations
Cons
no benefits for anyone except FTE, job security is rocky, advancement is intentional but hard to get
Good money but that's it
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 31, 2017
Good pay but that was it. Terrible management that will not work with you what so ever. Benefits were decent but not great. Terrible schedule.
A good employer
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City; Utah; USANovember 22, 2016
It is quite difficult to get a job with them but once you do you are well looked after, paid a fair market related salary and benefits. Very pleasant working environment and the co workers are a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great co workers and working environment
Cons
Difficult to get into
Great Place
Senior Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2016
Spent 21 yrs working for them. Great benefits and opportunity. The best and most ethical people in the world to work for. The different place I have worked across the globe have given me a deep and spiritual/ temporal in what our world is all about.
Pros
Top notch employer
amazing growing experience
Missionary (Former Employee) –  AsunciónSeptember 6, 2016
it was an amazing opportunity for me to not only grow as an individual but t help others grow as well spiritually. I would do it again in a heartbeat, we as missionaries were not paid, it is a voluntary thing that we choose to do. there is no monetary compensation, but there is a huge satisfaction in helping people come closer to God.
Pretty Good
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 8, 2016
Overall very good. Was volunteering. Very considerate leaders and health benefits. Though the hours were long, it was definitely worth it.
Food Production is great and fun to work at.
Return Missionary (Former Employee) –  Maryland City, MDAugust 6, 2016
I am available to work from 4am-12:30pm and sometimes it would be during the afternoon and 7:00pm-3:00am. I enjoy getting to know all my co-workers and I'm willing to help to get the work progress faster as we all work together.
Pros
Free Lunch and get benefits
Cons
short break hours
I am a member of the LDS where I have learned discipline and values.
Teacher's Quorum Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 8, 2016
The LDS church is a religious organization. I do not received monetary compensation in my volunteer jobs or callings. But learned service to the community. And learned about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We don't have a CEO but a Bishop.
educational
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  UTAH, USAFebruary 16, 2017
for a year and a half I have given selflessly to help people better themselves, it was a great time to find myself and be in an environment that is supporting team building, long time life goals and great work ethics. will serving there is a scheduled everyone follows, each morning we get up at 6:30am we study for 2 hours and go out visiting, supporting and helping communities in any which way we can and return home by 9:00pm. for the year and a half, as well as we are in partnerships with other individuals for all over the world and different personality and cultures, the language Barrie was the hardest part but the most beneficial, I ve learned kind act and warm gestures went a long way and helped me become a better person.
Pros
adventure
Cons
languge
Incredible, life changing experience of preparation
Ecclesiastical minister- Missionary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2016
I loved my time that I spent as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I learned so many amazing life skills and feel far more prepared to face life challenges based on all I learned as a missionary. My service was 100% voluntary and I received no financial compensation for my 2 years of service (in fact, I paid to be on the mission), but I feel the investment of time was worth more than any amount of money could have replaced.
peaceful place to work
Maintenance/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoy working for the church, it is a peaceful environment with good job security. As long you are a member of the church and follow all their "religions rules" as it is the requirement for all jobs.
Pros
pay for cell phone, TX tag, medical and dental insurance
Cons
have to be member
Always doing something and going somewhere.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  New MexicoFebruary 16, 2017
On an LDS Mission you do not get paid it's all volunteer and you work hard making it to appointments on time and helping others the best you can. time management is key.
For a very specific crowd
Missionary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 22, 2016
Serving as a full time missionary was one of the best things i have ever done in my life. The structure was great and the management was supportive. I had everything I needed to be successful. It was dynamic work. It was hard work. It was all encompassing. I enjoyed loosing myself in the workload and culture.
Pros
doing good for others
Cons
no free time whatsoever
Great work enviroment
Production Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 20, 2016
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a good place to work. I have great opportunities to grow and learn in many different settings. I have had great coworkers that have made it enjoyable to go to work each day. Good benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Slow to advance
productive and fun workplace with wonderful coworkers
Quality Assurance Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2017
It was a 4 month internship for me. Working in the church definitely surrounds me with wonderful coworkers and an amazing work culture. It was a very good learning opportunity to me and I was able to be on a team and work on actual projects from the beginning to end. The overall experience is great.
Pros
Good working enviroment
Cons
pay was a bit low; no full-time for international students
Productive Day, fun workplace.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt lake city UtahSeptember 15, 2016
I learned how to work with people from different cultures.
Very busy, and worked 80 hours a week.
Management were very Honest people, including my co workers who were very supportive and assisting.The hardest part of my Job was controlling emotions and public speaking.

What i enjoyed the most was to see the satisfaction that comes from those whom i helped.
Pros
self lunch
Cons
flexible when needed, but preferred 8 hours a day
Productive and fun workplace
Missionary Service (Former Employee) –  50 E. North Temple St.January 20, 2017
I loved being a missionary for this company, I made a lot of friends with my same beliefs, ethics and culture.
A typical day at work involved visiting many people in their homes to give them divine guidance over many things they were and are still going through with God's help.

Helped a person overcome addiction to drugs.
Pros
Free lunch, gas, discounts, freebies, copay and almost free insurance
Cons
shortbreaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8