The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Amazing experience, great pay, flexible hours
Gardener/Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 22, 2017
Working as a gardener at the Provo City Center Temple has been an incredible, stress-free experience with great pay and very flexible hours (28 a week). My bosses are caring and understanding and coworkers are great to work with.
Full-time Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2017
We worked everyday from 10am to 9pm. There was always something to do. I met hundreds of people . I learned communication skills and now love to meet new people.
Most fulfilling and fun job!
Full time Proselyting missionary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2017
This experience was the best that I've had so far in my life. Teaching those about the Gospel and helping them learn the principles was a lot of fun! Taught me about patience and love.
Pros
constant interaction with others, develops people skills!
Cons
very busy all the time, can be tiring.
Bueno
Misionary service (Former Employee) –  Slat lakeJuly 17, 2017
Exelente empresa internacional aprendi a tratar las necesidades especificas de las personas
Good
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  LimaJuly 17, 2017
Great. I loved volunteering for this organization full time. It is always appreciated when I can represent a company or brand that I truly believe in and can stand behind 100%.
Daily Wok
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2017
I would teach people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The hardest part about the job was seeing people reject the message when they did not fully understand what we were teaching. The most rewarding was seeing people change their lives.
Full-time Missionary Work
Full-time Missionary - Public Relations (Former Employee) –  JamaicaJuly 14, 2017
This particular job, was not the normal paid vacation, but was rather voluntary in nature, so the normal benefits or challenges of the 9-5, would not necessarily apply to this service.
Pros
Great blessing to share the gospel
Cons
Not every one wants to listen
Full-time missionary- best job in the world
Full-time missionary (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 14, 2017
This is the hardest yet most rewarding volunteering experience. You help people in the truest way possible and get taken to knew spiritual heights on a daily basis. Best decision of my life!
voluntary
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2017
This job is for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. the reward of helping others find hope is more worth it by paying for this "job". It is more of a blessing to help people.
The best 18 months ever!
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2017
Well, it's not really a job, being a missionary. It's "the hardest thing [you'll] ever love to do' (Nashville Tribute Band), but it is THE BEST, MOST ENRICHING THING YOU COULD EVER DO! You learn to serve as Christ did, you learn to love others and be selfless. You will never gain more out of 18 months (or 2 years, men) as you will when you are on a mission!
Pros
Everything!
Required dedication
Volunteer Representative and Leader (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 12, 2017
I loved being a missionary, it was the hardest work I have ever done in my life but the most rewarding work I have ever done in my life as well. I love working hard!
This was a service position
MISSIONARY (Former Employee) –  HondurasJuly 12, 2017
This was a 2 year service mission in Honduras. I would wake up and study for the individual people I was teaching then go out and do my teaching appointments. In times when no appointments were made I knocked on doors and looked for service opportunities.
Pros
great environment with outstanding people
Cons
hard to adapt to the culture and learn the language
Amazing
Full-time Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 12, 2017
Provided a once in the lifetime experience that did wonders for my future. Great opportunity, security, and peace of mind. I would highly recommend for anyone.
Youth Camp Leader Volunteer
Youth Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 11, 2017
Helped to be a role model and bond with younger girls.
Positive environment.
Learning to become a leader.
Fun camping activities.
Volunteer experience.
Really good place to work, assuming you're fine with contracts
Software Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTJuly 9, 2017
I have really enjoyed working at the Church for the past couple of years. Your fellow coworkers are really enjoyable. You get challenged every day, but nothing too overbearing. The one qualm I have about it is the contracts. Due to the nature of their work, they rely heavily on contract workers, and chances are that if you want to work for them, you'll have to settle for a two year contract with a slim chance of being brought on as full time.
Exciting and overwhelming
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MEJuly 8, 2017
For two years I had the wonderful expierience to go out in the streets of a specific area and to contact people, convincing them about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I helped them with their trails and dificulties they were facing in that time. And overall most of them changed their lives in to something way better.
Pros
Free lunches, oportunities of learning new cultures
Missionary service.
Full-Time Clergy (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 6, 2017
What can I say. Two years with no tv no newspaper no girls, no going to the movies. And then there's the bike. Don't even get me started on the bike. That part really blows when it's raining.
Fun and Uplifting.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2017
All My work was Volunteer, so it was easy going and fun. You had goals you needed to meet, and you helped a lot of people. It was an amazing experience to have done.
Pros
Experiences, Great people, and life lessons.
Cons
2 years away from home.
BP Travel Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 6, 2017
I enjoyed my time at COB. Even though I was just an intern all my coworkers were sweet and supportive. I can't talk about compensation because I was a part time intern. I learned alot from this internship.
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
Low pay
It was more of a service project I was on for 18 months of my life.
Full time missionary (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 5, 2017
On my LDS mission, it was all about giving service and helping all that we saw. I learned a lot from serving those around me. We would teach lessons, do yard work, clean houses for elderly people, and just lend a helping hand whenever it was needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8