The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Missionary
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Mission, CAFebruary 24, 2017
I served a two year voluntary unpaid missionary mission to California in accordance with my belief, desires and convictions. This helped become a stronger well balanced person. I developed a greater faith not only from service but in communicating and working with those that wanted to change.,
Conservative Stable Company
On-Site Project Manager - Boise, ID (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 24, 2017
Large stable company located in a variety of markets. Stable and predictable performance provides opportunities to engage once career and daily work in a good cause.
Great Place to Work
Senior Finance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2017
Great place to work, but upward advancement can be slower than at other companies. Work environment is the best, and management will always allow employees to put family first.
Charity
Assistant Compassionate Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harlem, GAFebruary 22, 2017
This is a volunteer position. I still include on my resume because it is work. The environment/culture is great because we all work together to take care of the needs of those we serve. It is very rewarding.
great place to work
Secretary of the Priests Quorum (Former Employee) –  Sylmar, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Well-run clean storehouse to help people in need. It was run by volunteers who were all very friendly and caring towards the customers.
Missionary Service.
Full-Time Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 21, 2017
My job was to invite others to live the gospel of Jesus Christ and to be baptized by those having the proper authority. This was volunteer service, full-time. I was not paid.
educational
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  UTAH, USAFebruary 16, 2017
for a year and a half I have given selflessly to help people better themselves, it was a great time to find myself and be in an environment that is supporting team building, long time life goals and great work ethics. will serving there is a scheduled everyone follows, each morning we get up at 6:30am we study for 2 hours and go out visiting, supporting and helping communities in any which way we can and return home by 9:00pm. for the year and a half, as well as we are in partnerships with other individuals for all over the world and different personality and cultures, the language Barrie was the hardest part but the most beneficial, I ve learned kind act and warm gestures went a long way and helped me become a better person.
Pros
adventure
Cons
languge
Always doing something and going somewhere.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  New MexicoFebruary 16, 2017
On an LDS Mission you do not get paid it's all volunteer and you work hard making it to appointments on time and helping others the best you can. time management is key.
I was never employed here. This was one of my customers
None (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 12, 2017
This poppedup inappropriately in your automated format. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints was never my employer. They were one of my customers while employed by Xerox Corporation
This was all voluntary Work
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 9, 2017
I loved volunteering and helping people from learning and growing to moving boxes and furniture. It's not a company. I'ts a religious sect, something that I obviously am affiliated with.You volunteer to serve the Lord, giving up carnal attractions for something more divinely needed. I grew up a lot. Mentally and spiritually. I've gained self control, great good habits and a strong head on my shoulders.
Cons
There's a standard of excellency to uphold
It was volunteer. I was a missionary
Full-Time Official Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 31, 2017
I signed up to be a missionary. I went out every day and preached the restored gospel to everybody I met. It was pretty much exactly what I signed up for. If you want to go on a mission, it's worth it
Amazing
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2017
It was one of the hardest things that I have done, but it was worth going. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about my mission. I loved it and wish I can go back.
Pros
People I met
Cons
Same schedule
Good money but that's it
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 31, 2017
Good pay but that was it. Terrible management that will not work with you what so ever. Benefits were decent but not great. Terrible schedule.
Really good place
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 26, 2017
Spiritual ,and really focused. A place we can help people to improve on their personal lives and spiritual at hte same time.
We usually touch misionaries that where going to portuguese speaking places.
really fun and dynamic
great
Assistant to the Mission President (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 24, 2017
great organization. Does a lot to help millions of people around the world. Would work for them again in the future.
I worked as a volunteer missionary for this organization for 2 years.
peaceful place to work
Maintenance/Custodian (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJanuary 24, 2017
I enjoy working for the church, it is a peaceful environment with good job security. As long you are a member of the church and follow all their "religions rules" as it is the requirement for all jobs.
Pros
pay for cell phone, TX tag, medical and dental insurance
Cons
have to be member
Excellent volunteer opportunity.
LDS Missionary (Former Employee) –  Scarsdale, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Its a wonderful opportunity to aid the lives of others, to provide community volunteer service and to uplift communities around you. If given the opportunity, I urge you to participate.
Pros
Uplifting experience
Cons
Can be difficult
It was dope
Missionary (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 23, 2017
Best two year of my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I would definitely go back and do it again. I've never been more happy than when I was serving.
Pros
Everything.
Missionary Work
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 21, 2017
As missionaries, we don't get paid for doing this because it is volunteer serve we do for others and have fun while we work. Also, we do for free and no charge of anykind like money wise. We would get a day off to catch up with families and friends on the computers and do shopping for food,clothes, etc. Overall, I like doing missionary work.
Pros
One Hour Breaks
Cons
Work from 10:00am -9:00 pm
productive and fun workplace with wonderful coworkers
Quality Assurance Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2017
It was a 4 month internship for me. Working in the church definitely surrounds me with wonderful coworkers and an amazing work culture. It was a very good learning opportunity to me and I was able to be on a team and work on actual projects from the beginning to end. The overall experience is great.
Pros
Good working enviroment
Cons
pay was a bit low; no full-time for international students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8