The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

The LDS Church is an Excellent Place to Work
Senior Audiovisual Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
I loved all 33+ years I had the privilege or working for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as an engineer in AV Engineering, a service department. Every day was a great day. The management was excellent. My coworkers were a delight to work with. The work was interesting. I loved what I did and why I did it. I learned to do a variety of things both inside and outside of engineering. I enjoyed it the most when the client department was pleased with a job well done when a project was completed, a job that exceeded their expectations and delighted the client as a customer.
Pros
All the benefits of a great corporate organization
Learned many new skills
Missionary (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaDecember 17, 2016
Each morning I would arise at 7, get ready for the day and study the language as well as church materials for 3 hours. I learned how to overcome hardship and to work diligently. I learned how to sacrifice as well as overcome differences with differing companions. The hardest part of the job was rejection, but it also became a drive to do better. In this time of 2 years, I learned many good things, such as to see the best in people, to be patient, how to discern needs of those around me, and so forth. This was entirely voluntary, with no salary.
Pros
Hard Work
Great life experience
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 16, 2016
I didn't get paid to serve as a missionary, but my compensation came in much different forms. It was the hardest I had ever worked in my life. I was up at 6:30 every day, followed by scripture study for a couple hours, and then proselyted from about 10 am to 9 pm with a couple hours for lunch and dinner breaks. It was difficult at times, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Pros
Great life experience
Cons
Getting along with assigned companions
Great Workplace
Media Producer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 14, 2016
I love the workplace, the Spirit that resides with us and being able to do the work of the Lord. We have a lot of fun as a team and I have loved learning to do the things that I do here.
Pros
Parties, team meetings, birthday celebrations
Cons
no benefits for anyone except FTE, job security is rocky, advancement is intentional but hard to get
Great Place
Senior Building Engineer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2016
Spent 21 yrs working for them. Great benefits and opportunity. The best and most ethical people in the world to work for. The different place I have worked across the globe have given me a deep and spiritual/ temporal in what our world is all about.
Pros
Top notch employer
A good employer
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City; Utah; USANovember 22, 2016
It is quite difficult to get a job with them but once you do you are well looked after, paid a fair market related salary and benefits. Very pleasant working environment and the co workers are a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great co workers and working environment
Cons
Difficult to get into
amazing growing experience
Missionary (Former Employee) –  AsunciónSeptember 6, 2016
it was an amazing opportunity for me to not only grow as an individual but t help others grow as well spiritually. I would do it again in a heartbeat, we as missionaries were not paid, it is a voluntary thing that we choose to do. there is no monetary compensation, but there is a huge satisfaction in helping people come closer to God.
Pretty Good
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 8, 2016
Overall very good. Was volunteering. Very considerate leaders and health benefits. Though the hours were long, it was definitely worth it.
Food Production is great and fun to work at.
Return Missionary (Former Employee) –  Maryland City, MDAugust 6, 2016
I am available to work from 4am-12:30pm and sometimes it would be during the afternoon and 7:00pm-3:00am. I enjoy getting to know all my co-workers and I'm willing to help to get the work progress faster as we all work together.
Pros
Free Lunch and get benefits
Cons
short break hours
I am a member of the LDS where I have learned discipline and values.
Teacher's Quorum Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 8, 2016
The LDS church is a religious organization. I do not received monetary compensation in my volunteer jobs or callings. But learned service to the community. And learned about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We don't have a CEO but a Bishop.
Incredible, life changing experience of preparation
Ecclesiastical minister- Missionary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2016
I loved my time that I spent as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I learned so many amazing life skills and feel far more prepared to face life challenges based on all I learned as a missionary. My service was 100% voluntary and I received no financial compensation for my 2 years of service (in fact, I paid to be on the mission), but I feel the investment of time was worth more than any amount of money could have replaced.
Great work enviroment
Production Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 20, 2016
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a good place to work. I have great opportunities to grow and learn in many different settings. I have had great coworkers that have made it enjoyable to go to work each day. Good benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Slow to advance
For a very specific crowd
Missionary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 22, 2016
Serving as a full time missionary was one of the best things i have ever done in my life. The structure was great and the management was supportive. I had everything I needed to be successful. It was dynamic work. It was hard work. It was all encompassing. I enjoyed loosing myself in the workload and culture.
Pros
doing good for others
Cons
no free time whatsoever
Productive Day, fun workplace.
Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt lake city UtahSeptember 15, 2016
I learned how to work with people from different cultures.
Very busy, and worked 80 hours a week.
Management were very Honest people, including my co workers who were very supportive and assisting.The hardest part of my Job was controlling emotions and public speaking.

What i enjoyed the most was to see the satisfaction that comes from those whom i helped.
Pros
self lunch
Cons
flexible when needed, but preferred 8 hours a day
The Best Thing to Do
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2016
A mission isn't a job. It is dedication to trying to help people. Similar to customer service jobs though, we dealt with angry people, we tried to help others as best we could and we reported how things went every other day to our leaders. Co-workers were awesome and friendly, management worked with you and you learned every day. The hardest part of the job was going out and knocking on doors. The most enjoyable was talking to people who were interested. I learned out there how important it is to love others and treat them with respect.
Pros
They take care of you
Cons
You do this all the time
worthwhile endeavor to volunteer
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  SofiaAugust 4, 2016
Going to Bulgaria was an amazing experience and taught me so many things. My eyes have been opened to a broader spectrum. Even still, it's the people that I came to love the most. We worked every day with as few as ten people per day and as many as probably one hundred on average, though we never really counted one by one. I learned that it can be hard to deal with new circumstances and people every six weeks, but it is also quite rewarding.

This was also a self-supporting volunteer opportunity.
Pros
serving others daily, being outside in a different country, learning about new people and culture every day, sharing personal experiences, beliefs, thoughts and feelings
Cons
sometimes severe weather
Membership
Church Leader (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 25, 2016
Our purpose is to “invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end” “The scriptures can form a foundation of support. They can provide an incredibly large resource of willing friends who can help us. A memorized scripture becomes an enduring friend that is not weakened with the passage of time.” Your righteousness gives others a confirmation of the goodness of life anchored in eternal truth.
Pros
Salvation and Eternal Life
Committed people to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityJuly 21, 2016
Working in this capacity is an honor for members of the Church. While really a 7/24 job it is amazing to work with so many wonderful young people. They come from all different places and different walks of life. They are not allowed to call their parents or family members but twice a year. My husband and I were responsible for their health and well being for their 18 months or 24 months that they were with us. It is a strenuous and intense experience
Pros
Blessings from heaven
Cons
Challenging environment is confidential, personal situations.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2017
Challenging work with church leaders in sensitive matters.
Interacted with church leaders in foreign countries, also met with some in a personal setting. Developed numerous friendships and provided support in challenging situations.
Pros
pleasant environment
Cons
limited advancement
Fun, challenging and overall great experiences
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CASeptember 23, 2016
My day started with typing up and reports that needed to be documented. I learned how to be proficient in typing and answering calls. I did not exactly have management as it was a church but I did follow the instructions that were given to me by the Bishop. I didn't have many co wokers as this was a service job I rarely got to interact with co workers, however I did interact more with the public.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8