The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Wonderful people to work with
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 18, 2017
Such a wonderful place to work with very kind, warm, and uplifting people! The management was wonderful and the facility was always very clean and neat. Most enjoyable part was being in a clean, happy environment!
Assembly line, team sewing where excellent quality and efficiency are consistently stressed
Sewing Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTMay 17, 2017
The typical day consists of 8 hours of standing while sewing with an assigned team. Employees receive two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. Management works hard to help employees perform to the best of their ability. Employees respond to this, generally, by performing at a high bar and are happy to do so. Most, if not all of the employees are dedicated to the work being done. The hardest and also the most enjoyable part is learning to work faster and better with a team.
Pros
Times to stretch during the day, work environment is friendly, piece-rate pay, great benefits
Cons
Early start, high turnover
The best job you could ask for
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Various, FinlandMay 17, 2017
Perhaps this should be categorized under another section since serving a mission for the church is not like any other field of employment. You do not have a paycheck. Rather, you pay for the opportunity. You do not call in sick or take a personal day. You do not change jobs when you get burnt out.
Those that understand what this is, I do not need to explain. Those that do not, I invite you to research this. It is the opportunity of a lifetime, and one that you will never regret.
Pros
The only job in the world that can ensure 100% life satisfaction
Cons
Much, much too short
live in the gosple
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 17, 2017
everyday i wake up and study eat breakfast and then go out to preach the word. it was a sprietual exprience that lead to some interesting stories of mircles.
Hardest and Best year in a half of my life
MISSIONARY (Former Employee) –  El Salvador and BelizeMay 17, 2017
I loved serving for a better purpose. It helped me become the person I am today. I loved receiving constant love from the people we served. This was the best experience of my life.
Pros
working for a better purpose
Cons
nothing
Service Missionary
Missionary Service (Former Employee) –  MexicoMay 16, 2017
I had the opportunity to serve people who lived in Mexico Merida. I lived there for 2 years which will always be remembered. I learned to be patient to every person I interacted with. The hardest thing to accomplish was to learn Spanish but I did. I enjoyed every minute I had been in this different country.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Hot weather
I was on a Mission It was challenging and fun
Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 16, 2017
I was surprised to be making cabinets ,handcarts Wagons ,sets for the pageant,making pioneer toys and with a great bunch of Missionaries and a lot of varied experience
Pros
met a lot of people
Cons
23 months, maybe a little long
Awesome
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2017
Being a missionary is just great. Working all day to bring others to truth is never a bad thing. If I had to complain about one thing it's probably just people asking mean questions to get a reaction
Cons
its a church organization....
Missionary Service (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 12, 2017
the latter days saints are a peaceful and hard working people. the environment is always calming, and the work always gets done . i worked as a full time missionary so i never got paid for my services, and for those skeptical i spent most of my time working with people in their yards and cleaning houses and serving in what ever way they needed. i never knocked doors most would come to us for help then ask questions.
Volunteer Service
Missionary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 11, 2017
I learned a lot of valuable lessons and kept in contact with people worldwide. Developed my language skills while helping others. An incredible experience.
Pros
Valuable lessons
Amazing
Full Time Religious Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2017
I served an 18-month mission for them. This was one of the best experiences of my life, there were so many opportunities for service and spiritual upliftment.
Pros
Amazing, uplifting, Spiritual
Missionary work
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 9, 2017
Went door to door or used a referral system to find people to talk to about Mormonism. I Do not agree with the church with most things and I think they are brainwashing good people to donate their money to further their cause of who knows what. The Church is Phony
Serving the Lord
Full-time Volunteer Representative & Leader (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 9, 2017
This was the greatest experience of my life up to this point. It is a great chance for you to grow as a person, and you can help others to grow as well. It isn't guaranteed that you will receive a leadership position, but those are also great opportunities for growth and service. Ultimately, a great service gig.
very good morals and ethical principles.
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 8, 2017
Great company to work with.
Fun and teachable.
Being able to work in many different places,
moving around and having to learn and adapt new skills.
Missionary
Missionary (Former Employee) –  MontanaMay 8, 2017
I volunteered to serve a full time mission for my church. This is not easy, but was very rewarding, I enjoyed these two years so much. My mission presidents were amazing men and was proud to serve under them and to serve the people of Montana.
Pros
Cons
Sometimes the people you work with you don't like
Volunteer Work
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 8, 2017
Volunteering for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is an opportunity unlike any other. Weeks were filled with 80+ hours of work and study. Extremely challenging yet rewarding.
Great!
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 4, 2017
Being a missionary for the Church is remarkable. Incredibly difficult but so worth it. The hardest part was not finding people to teach and not being able to contact your family for 2 years. It was hard and having to lead others even when you are tired and worn out is difficult but it was the most rewarding time of my life. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Fantastic experience, grew a ton as an individual
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 3, 2017
I learned a ton about myself, how to work with others, how to work hard, so many things i could actually take a day to write out this list.

Hardest part was coming home.
Pros
Amazing life experience, meet tons of people
Cons
Very short breaks, hit or miss with management
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Brigham City, UTMay 2, 2017
I loved this job because of the people I worked with. I loved being able to be a part of the community. Management was great and so was the culture. The most enjoyable part of the job was being with people I liked and getting to meet new people every day. I also enjoyed working outside.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday
Cons
Great people to work with.
Equipment Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 1, 2017
The company is not a bad place to work, the pay is low. Management is poor and you have no one to discuss your problems with. It's very hard to get them to accept new ideals and to spend the money to improve the process. I really liked the people I worked with but I received a better offer from a different company.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8