The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

It has great perks- Salvation included!
Missionary (Former Employee) –  UtahJanuary 10, 2017
Working for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has been a wonderful experience. I have learned a lot about myself and have been able to give a lot of service to people all over the world.
Church
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2017
Volunteering for the church was an amazing experience. You get to help others learn about Christ and about God. I learned good communication and hard work.
Good couple of years
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDJanuary 9, 2017
Contacted people, taught life improvement lessons, looked for any volunteer service opportunities we could find. You really need to be committed to the cause if you want to do it.
Challenging environment is confidential, personal situations.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2017
Challenging work with church leaders in sensitive matters.
Interacted with church leaders in foreign countries, also met with some in a personal setting. Developed numerous friendships and provided support in challenging situations.
Pros
pleasant environment
Cons
limited advancement
Service work
Utah - Volunteer, Missionary (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJanuary 3, 2017
Not a job but a great service opportunity. Did many service projects for the community Also had many teaching opportunities in multiple home settings.
Wonderful opportunity to learn and grow and help others.
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 2, 2017
I loved my time as a full-time missionary, we had many opportunities each day to help others. Our days were organized, we set goals each day that we worked hard to achieve. Talking with people from all walks of life was intimidating, and difficult but it was the most rewarding experience to understand others and why they do the things they do.
My mission
Internet staff crew leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 1, 2017
I loved serving for my church, it was a great opportunity to gain more skills than any other job could have given me in my life and has prepared me for life in ways I'll ever be grateful for.
Great place with great people
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 22, 2016
Working for the church was a great experience, the staff is talented and passionate about their work. Co-workers were excellent to be around and created a friendly yet hardworking environment.
Amazing
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYDecember 22, 2016
I loved my mission. It was the greatest experience of my life, and I wouldn't trade the volunteer job for the world. I would wake up every morning, and walk around talking with people and attempting to share a message about Jesus Christ with them.
For a very specific crowd
Missionary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 22, 2016
Serving as a full time missionary was one of the best things i have ever done in my life. The structure was great and the management was supportive. I had everything I needed to be successful. It was dynamic work. It was hard work. It was all encompassing. I enjoyed loosing myself in the workload and culture.
Pros
doing good for others
Cons
no free time whatsoever

Want to know more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

Ask a question
Learned many new skills
Missionary (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaDecember 17, 2016
Each morning I would arise at 7, get ready for the day and study the language as well as church materials for 3 hours. I learned how to overcome hardship and to work diligently. I learned how to sacrifice as well as overcome differences with differing companions. The hardest part of the job was rejection, but it also became a drive to do better. In this time of 2 years, I learned many good things, such as to see the best in people, to be patient, how to discern needs of those around me, and so forth. This was entirely voluntary, with no salary.
Pros
Hard Work
Pretty Good
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  Nampa, IDDecember 8, 2016
Overall very good. Was volunteering. Very considerate leaders and health benefits. Though the hours were long, it was definitely worth it.
Fantastic,life changing experience.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2016
The experience I had here changed my life. I am a new person thanks to learning to apply myself, work hard, gain people skills,learn to manage time, and many other skills
I was not employed here
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2016
I was not employed here, I served a mission here. Most sacred two years of my life. I can't comment on them as an employer. I am sure it is also phenomenal.
Wonderful!
Sunday School Teacher (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTDecember 5, 2016
Great opportunity to grow closer to the Savor and fellowship others. I enjoy being able to help encourage others of principles that help guide us in these Latter days.
Pros
Jesus Christ, God, The plan of Salvation
Cons
N/A
The LDS Church is an Excellent Place to Work
Senior Audiovisual Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2016
I loved all 33+ years I had the privilege or working for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints as an engineer in AV Engineering, a service department. Every day was a great day. The management was excellent. My coworkers were a delight to work with. The work was interesting. I loved what I did and why I did it. I learned to do a variety of things both inside and outside of engineering. I enjoyed it the most when the client department was pleased with a job well done when a project was completed, a job that exceeded their expectations and delighted the client as a customer.
Pros
All the benefits of a great corporate organization
p-day
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  UtahNovember 30, 2016
i learn to have fun and work hard. we go to house to house knocking and we teach people about the church. we also talk to everyone we see and tell them about the gosple
Pros
short brake
Cons
tirde
Membership
Church Leader (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXNovember 25, 2016
Our purpose is to “invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end” “The scriptures can form a foundation of support. They can provide an incredibly large resource of willing friends who can help us. A memorized scripture becomes an enduring friend that is not weakened with the passage of time.” Your righteousness gives others a confirmation of the goodness of life anchored in eternal truth.
Pros
Salvation and Eternal Life
Enjoyable and productive job
Full Time Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 24, 2016
Working as a volunteered missionary was an amazing opportunity that it gave me face to face costumer service experience. our normal day routine was basically knocking on doors and talk to everyone we see on the street, we take breaks during that 8hours. It was the most enjoyable thing I've ever done , it build my confidence to talk to people and give them service with whatever they may need help with.
A good employer
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City; Utah; USANovember 22, 2016
It is quite difficult to get a job with them but once you do you are well looked after, paid a fair market related salary and benefits. Very pleasant working environment and the co workers are a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Great co workers and working environment
Cons
Difficult to get into

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8