The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Good for gaining work experience, but not for long term
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VANovember 11, 2017
I was basically volunteer work so it helped me learn the basics of what many different jobs would want. You're unable to actually get paid due to the fact that it's a church.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Not really a job
Great learning experience
Ward Unit Clerk Ray 3rd Ward (Former Employee) –  Chandler Arizona StakeNovember 9, 2017
Uncompensated calling of service for the church. Members are often called to serve in a variety of different positions of leadership. All positions in the church are unpaid/uncompensated.
Mission: Hard work but worth it
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 9, 2017
It was all voluntary, with long hours with some time off to take care of you. I was very hard work, But every sacrifice that you made, the greater the lessons learned.
Fun and Eventful
LDS Missionary (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 8, 2017
A typical day included going around the states and sharing what we believe. I learned how to be hardworking and how to build relationships with others. The hardest part was rejection, but it was definitely rewarding on learning to handle that.
Pros
Building relationships with others
Cons
rejection, lack of communication with family
Voluntary Work
Church Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 7, 2017
This is a voluntary proselyting work. Very fulfilling. Prepares you for the rest of your life and service in your community. You must save up for this work and aren't paid at all.
Pros
Spiritually Fulfilling
Cons
Not Paid
Best Experience Ever
Full-Time Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 4, 2017
All the time is worth it. Great opportunity to serve in the local community and helping improve people's lives. Opportunities to build leadership skills and team work.
What I learned
FINANCE CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2017
I had the opportunity to learn much about how to properly keep the finances of the ward in good order so that those in need might be properly taken care of.
In the name of The Lord
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 2, 2017
Volunteering as a full time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints was very rewarding. If you like helping people find answers to the most important questions in life, then I highly recommend it.
Excellent Work Enviroment
Secretary to the Mission President (Former Employee) –  Independence, MONovember 1, 2017
This was a volunteer position for one year. It was excellent experience keeping my computer skills current. I also interacted with many people from different walks of life. I loved the people that I worked with.
Pros
Use of People Skills
General
Seminary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ghana, England & GermanyNovember 1, 2017
This portal caused me to fill in boxes because there wasn't one that could best describe my situation.
This application was not suitable to my history.
Fantastic environment for those who understand they aren't just working for another company
Tier III Tech Support & Trainer (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTOctober 27, 2017
I love my work with the church. I'm a contingent employee, which means I'm only promised a job for 1 to 2 years. But in that time I am being given an enormous amount of experience which makes me even more valuable in the workforce when I leave. There is always the possibility that I can find a full time position in the church before my time is up, which is what I'm hoping for.

The thing you have to remember when you are working here is that you aren't just working for another organization. This is the kingdom of God on earth and we are preparing for the second coming of the Savior. I could work in IT in any company in the city, but this is one organization that I can really feel the work I do is furthering the work of the Lord and preparing the way for his return. I don't want to support just another product that people think they need or just helps people make money. I enjoy that I am working for a higher cause and helping my brothers and sisters.

You also have to remember that people are still people. There are bad apples in every company and the church is no different. Regardless of the standards you have to live in order to work here, we all know that people lie on their recommend interviews when they want to. There are far fewer undesirable types here than I've worked with in any other organization, so I'll take the small bad apples in stride. I haven't worked with better people in all my 25 years in the workforce. Working here is truly a blessing and an incredible experience.
Pros
I feel incredibly well compensated for my work. I've never been paid so well.
Cons
I know it could be temporary so there is always that hanging over my head.
Great oportunity to grow
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAOctober 25, 2017
I was a volunteer missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day saints. i learned a lot about hard work and dedication. I worked hard every day for two years because it was something I loved to do.
Pros
Great Learning experience
Missionary
Religious Representative (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKOctober 25, 2017
I was a missionary for 2 years. Gave me tons of work and life experience. I worked in leadership and training capacities of all sorts. I still use this in combination with my other jobs to this day.
This was a Volunteer opportunity
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 22, 2017
Being a full time missionary is a volunteer opportunity. It is a great experience for anyone wanting communication skills, life experience, leadership opportunities, etc.
Good job for a college student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 20, 2017
Call center employee at the Global Service Center. Fast paced, busy environment, but that's to be expected from a call center. Management was great.
Pros
Professional, good pay
Cons
Very formal and traditional.
These were the best two years of my life.
LDS Missionary (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 19, 2017
I loved doing what I was doing. I was able to help others move forward in all aspects of their lives. I would recommend this to anyone and everyone. You get out of it what you put in.
Pros
It is extremely rewarding work.
Cons
It is tough work.
Great place to work.
New Accounts Rep (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 18, 2017
I had other reasons for quitting this job. It's a great place to work. The people are excellent. I really liked the management. The working condtions are great.
Pros
Beautiful place to work
Amazing
Full-time missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 17, 2017
Amazing place to do voluntary service for others. there was no pay, nor any benefits, but it was still the most rewarding service i have ever done. 24/7 knocking on doors, volunteering to help others in any way possible. Amazing coworkers and management. Highly recommended.
Voluntary Missionary Work: Humbling & Satisfying
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 16, 2017
I loved serving as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I got to serve and help people in the communities and cities I lived in. I was also able to develop great working, studying, and even cooking skills while on my Mission.
Cons
Producer / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 10, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Pay and benefits were fair and well communicated. Culture is very positive as well and people are willing to help each other. Only reason I am leaving is restructuring that will leave my current position unnecessary.
Pros
good benefits, supportive supervisors, cheap but good cafeteria
Cons
advancement can be hard to get

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8