The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Great place with great people
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 22, 2016
Working for the church was a great experience, the staff is talented and passionate about their work. Co-workers were excellent to be around and created a friendly yet hardworking environment.
Good couple of years
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDJanuary 9, 2017
Contacted people, taught life improvement lessons, looked for any volunteer service opportunities we could find. You really need to be committed to the cause if you want to do it.
great
Assistant to the Mission President (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 24, 2017
great organization. Does a lot to help millions of people around the world. Would work for them again in the future.
I worked as a volunteer missionary for this organization for 2 years.
Mission from Heavenly Father
Missonionary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Work with the Lord, your companion, those around you. Rely on the Holy Ghost to guide you. Read the Book of Mormon, and Preach My Gospel before head out to the MTC then your assign area.
Amazing
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 31, 2017
It was one of the hardest things that I have done, but it was worth going. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about my mission. I loved it and wish I can go back.
Pros
People I met
Cons
Same schedule
Always doing something and going somewhere.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  New MexicoFebruary 16, 2017
On an LDS Mission you do not get paid it's all volunteer and you work hard making it to appointments on time and helping others the best you can. time management is key.
My mission
Internet staff crew leader (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 1, 2017
I loved serving for my church, it was a great opportunity to gain more skills than any other job could have given me in my life and has prepared me for life in ways I'll ever be grateful for.
An environment to learn and grow
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santiago ChileJuly 8, 2016
The time I spent as a full time missionary changed my life and helped me to learn the importance of dedication, diligence, and Leadership.

Everyday was something different because what we did involved talking with people in the streets and their homes.

The hardest part of the job was facing rejection; however, it helped me to understand and identify true interest and how to maintain a positive out look.

The part that I enjoyed more than any other of my time was the interaction with people and helping them to see what we offered as something beneficial to them.
Pros
Service
I got to live in Jamaica and the Bahamas and tell people I love about a message that I loved.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  May Pen, JamaicaAugust 22, 2016
I'm going to be completely honest, if I could do this again I would. Just to let people know this isn't actually a job it was volunteer work for my church. So don't get any ideas.
Pros
Learned how to budget
Cons
Had to leave eventually
Fantastic,life changing experience.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2016
The experience I had here changed my life. I am a new person thanks to learning to apply myself, work hard, gain people skills,learn to manage time, and many other skills
Volunteer job that is very rewarding.
Leader (Current Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 15, 2016
Volunteering at church has been wonderful. I have grown so much as a person over these past few years. I fully recommend getting involved in whatever your religion happens to be.
Food Production is great and fun to work at.
Return Missionary (Former Employee) –  Maryland City, MDAugust 6, 2016
I am available to work from 4am-12:30pm and sometimes it would be during the afternoon and 7:00pm-3:00am. I enjoy getting to know all my co-workers and I'm willing to help to get the work progress faster as we all work together.
Pros
Free Lunch and get benefits
Cons
short break hours
Great work environment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTJuly 12, 2016
Using a flavor of agile principles teams are organized by application and work on sprints to deliver enhancements or new functionality. Business partners work closely with the development teams and project managers to ensure software meets the business needs.

Great teams, talented developers, excellent work life balance.
Many Opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2016
I have had the opportunity to work in many positions over the last 40 years and I'm fortunate that I have enjoyed every job I have ever had. Mostly I enjoyed being in charge, (managing) and creative thinking. I've had hundreds of challenges and successes in my carrier. Retired last year, and I'm feeling l need something more.
I need something to do that will keep me active and/or around people.
Pros
I had the opportunity to run my own companies.
Cons
The company does not give very generous vacation hours.
Service work
Utah - Volunteer, Missionary (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJanuary 3, 2017
Not a job but a great service opportunity. Did many service projects for the community Also had many teaching opportunities in multiple home settings.
Team Effort
Quality assurance engineer intern (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTSeptember 7, 2016
Working in groups with up to 10 people to meet deadlines, but having fun (possibly playing chess or ping pong during breaks) and feeling like you are an integral part of the team is a focus for everyone, especially the managers.
Church
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2017
Volunteering for the church was an amazing experience. You get to help others learn about Christ and about God. I learned good communication and hard work.
Best "Job" Ever!!
Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 28, 2016
I loved my mission! This was the best 18 months of my life and I am so grateful to have had this experience! I have nothing bad to say about this! It taught me so much about hard work and about how to succeed in life!
p-day
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  UtahNovember 30, 2016
i learn to have fun and work hard. we go to house to house knocking and we teach people about the church. we also talk to everyone we see and tell them about the gosple
Pros
short brake
Cons
tirde
It was dope
Missionary (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 23, 2017
Best two year of my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I would definitely go back and do it again. I've never been more happy than when I was serving.
Pros
Everything.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8