The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Best thing on earth!
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 13, 2017
I was a full time missionary and I gained so many wonderful experiences from it. If anyone is interested in learning more they can check out Mormon.org to learn more
warehouse work at the Bishop's Central Storehouse
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 13, 2017
A nice job to have as a young man. Taught me how to do hard work, be professional and how to conduct myself in the workplace. Good to experience physical labor.
I was a missionary here It was awesome
LDS Missionary (Former Employee) –  VariousSeptember 12, 2017
I loved every minute of serving as a missionary in the LDS church. Though I didn't make any money, I will always remember this experience. Missionary life is excellent
Pros
All of it
They take very good care of their workers
Full-Time Representative Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 12, 2017
I've worked for a couple of organizations in the church, and I must say that they've been the best occupational opportunities that I've encountered. Theres such a sense of purpose. Sure, sometimes the hours were grueling, but the work was more than worth the effort.
Voluntary Work
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Субъект Санкт-ПетербургSeptember 6, 2017
This wasn't a typical job since I did all my work for free as a volunteer. However, the experience taught me some of the best work ethic that I've ever learned. I truly became a hard worker because of the time I spent serving as a volunteer.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A Church that has a strong work ethic
Sports Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 31, 2017
I help send out messages about upcoming game times to participants.
Game day I help the managers get games started along with making sure participants are properly dressed and following all the rules.
Pros
It feels great to be able to help my church with sports each week
very demanding but soul stretching
Full time Missionary (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesAugust 31, 2017
The best experience for my life. For a typical work, I am out helping the people, serving them, and helping them to learn about our church, our beliefs and what we are really. The work is very safe and the church is very aware of us and what we are doing, so I feel very safe. The most fun part about this work is seeing people coming unto the Lord Jesus Christ and changing their lives and becoming better people.
Awesome church with awesome people
Church Missionary (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 29, 2017
I love working at this church and love the time that I have spent and will continue to spend here. The environment is amazing and I haven't met anyone that I can say a bad thing about.
Extremely Rewarding
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 28, 2017
You work your heart out, but that's what it means to be a missionary. I worked out in the Milwaukee WIsconsin Mission and had an absolute blast. My Presidents were President Cutler and Williams.
Pros
You're given a debit card with plenty of money for food on it.
Cons
This is your life for 2 years.
Humanitarian Aid
Church Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 26, 2017
Volunteer representative of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The responsibilities while serving in my field of labor
included engaging in various proselyting situations, church service, humanitarian aid, training and leading other volunteers
and community service.
Great atmosphere
Night Shift Custodian (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 25, 2017
This place is a great atmosphere to work in as a custodian. They treat their employees well and are very considerate of the people that work for them. There are many opportunities to advance.
Pros
Great atmosphere and benefits
Cons
Late hours
Loved working there
Sales Associate/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 24, 2017
I loved working there but the department was restructured, and our office was moved to Deseret Book. We had the option of applying and being hired by Deseret Book, but I chose to serve an at-home mission instead.
Pros
Great people, good work environment
Cons
Department was restructured and job was eliminated.
It is one of the most balanced jobs I have had.
Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTAugust 23, 2017
I felt it was well organized and run. However they hire mostly contingent workers and it is hard to get a full time position however if you can you are set up well.
Great Experience to work and meet people.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 21, 2017
If you ever get a chance to work here, enjoy it! You work hard, and keep giving, the Patrons really, appreciate you, It's an awesome place to work!
If you get the chance, do it....
Great experience teaching families
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 12, 2017
The most enjoyable part of being a missionary was being able to teach something i loved to those that didn't know anything about it and seeing it change their lives.
Missionary for the Welfare Services (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 8, 2017
To stock all dairy, and produce and make sure they where rotated, that they were clean, and on the right shelf.I would stay in the walkins for about 5 to 6 hours until all was rotated and cleaned.
was a paid internship
Enabler (PC support technician) (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 8, 2017
Was a paid internship they treated me really nice was like just one of the team except that I had an end date I got to see how It really is to put IT to work and how escalations really work
Its a church, and it was basically all voluntary
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2017
awesome place. people would get in my face and yell at me but that was because I was a missionary and they didn't want to change religions. Other than that, your leaders love you and you make lots of friends who love you as well. I learned to care for myself and take care of others on a personal level.
Spirtual
Missionary Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 5, 2017
Their is no money from it but the communications skills, teaching skills and leadership skills you learn are remarkable. You yourself become more aware of yourself while you labor on behalf of others. Waking up every day and preparing to teach people is the best feeling. walking up mountains and in the rain is worth it. The leaders in the church are amazing at correcting one with love and respect.
Pros
growth
Cons
I worked at home on the World Savings job, part time during the day.
Visiting Teaching Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Helotes, TXAugust 3, 2017
World Savings is the job that I actually earned a salary each month and I worked for them for about 18 months back in 1999 to 2000. The church is volunteer work but still entails data entry parts to it.

With World Savings I actually also worked the phones every day, putting time in as a telemarketer and then entering info into the computer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8