The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Religious Proselytizing Service
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAAugust 2, 2017
This was a proselytizing mission for the LDS church. There's nothing much to say. You don't go on a mission unless you're a member of the church. But you should get baptized.
Mission
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 31, 2017
I loved my mission so much. It is the best, most stressful thing you will ever do. But, it gives you the life skills you need to make it through life.
Life Changing Experience Horrible Tan Lines
Training Leader (Former Employee) –  San Fernando, CAJuly 31, 2017
I worked as a missionary, which is a different experience than actual employment, however the organization was great, the people were hardworking, and my needs felt front and foremost to my supervisors.
Pros
Uplifting and challanging
Cons
No pay
I loved serving
Service Provider (Missionary) (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 31, 2017
I served for the church of jesus christ of latter dsay saints and i loved it. it was such an amazing experience and i would not have traded it for the world
Extremely caring and amazing with training and motivating the missionaries.
LDS Missionary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 27, 2017
Was a tough environment, but with that, I've learned the most valuable lessons. People around me were extremely caring and willing to help. Definitely helped me improve my life and helped me prepare and plan for adulthood.
Extraordinary leaders and trainers
Auxiliary Leader/Teacher, (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  CA, AZ, IL, KYJuly 25, 2017
I had the opportunity to work with other auxiliary leaders and plan programs and events for the congregation. I attended many leadership training sessions and developed and led other training sessions. I had 20+years of attending weekly planning meetings and monthly individual accountability sessions. It was an amazing learning opportunity.
Director of Social Media (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 25, 2017
Wonderful work environment, all the work was volunteer based. There is a turn over rate that paying companies do not have so much of. But gave great life and work balance.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Volunteer
Great mission and great place to work
CSM/YCSM Product Manager, LDS Church (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 23, 2017
I had lots of growth opportunities and freedom to work on different projects. The hours were steady and when I needed some family time it was given to me without complaint. My co-workers were always helpful and friendly.
Great volunteer experience
Full-time Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2017
All about serving others, and forgetting about yourself. The work was completely voluntary and totally worth it. Management was on point and the experience was unforgettable!
Amazing experience, great pay, flexible hours
Gardener/Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 22, 2017
Working as a gardener at the Provo City Center Temple has been an incredible, stress-free experience with great pay and very flexible hours (28 a week). My bosses are caring and understanding and coworkers are great to work with.
Full-time Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2017
We worked everyday from 10am to 9pm. There was always something to do. I met hundreds of people . I learned communication skills and now love to meet new people.
Most fulfilling and fun job!
Full time Proselyting missionary (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2017
This experience was the best that I've had so far in my life. Teaching those about the Gospel and helping them learn the principles was a lot of fun! Taught me about patience and love.
Pros
constant interaction with others, develops people skills!
Cons
very busy all the time, can be tiring.
Good
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  LimaJuly 17, 2017
Great. I loved volunteering for this organization full time. It is always appreciated when I can represent a company or brand that I truly believe in and can stand behind 100%.
Daily Wok
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 16, 2017
I would teach people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The hardest part about the job was seeing people reject the message when they did not fully understand what we were teaching. The most rewarding was seeing people change their lives.
Full-time Missionary Work
Full-time Missionary - Public Relations (Former Employee) –  JamaicaJuly 14, 2017
This particular job, was not the normal paid vacation, but was rather voluntary in nature, so the normal benefits or challenges of the 9-5, would not necessarily apply to this service.
Pros
Great blessing to share the gospel
Cons
Not every one wants to listen
Full-time missionary- best job in the world
Full-time missionary (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJuly 14, 2017
This is the hardest yet most rewarding volunteering experience. You help people in the truest way possible and get taken to knew spiritual heights on a daily basis. Best decision of my life!
voluntary
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2017
This job is for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. the reward of helping others find hope is more worth it by paying for this "job". It is more of a blessing to help people.
The best 18 months ever!
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2017
Well, it's not really a job, being a missionary. It's "the hardest thing [you'll] ever love to do' (Nashville Tribute Band), but it is THE BEST, MOST ENRICHING THING YOU COULD EVER DO! You learn to serve as Christ did, you learn to love others and be selfless. You will never gain more out of 18 months (or 2 years, men) as you will when you are on a mission!
Pros
Everything!
Required dedication
Volunteer Representative and Leader (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 12, 2017
I loved being a missionary, it was the hardest work I have ever done in my life but the most rewarding work I have ever done in my life as well. I love working hard!
This was a service position
MISSIONARY (Former Employee) –  HondurasJuly 12, 2017
This was a 2 year service mission in Honduras. I would wake up and study for the individual people I was teaching then go out and do my teaching appointments. In times when no appointments were made I knocked on doors and looked for service opportunities.
Pros
great environment with outstanding people
Cons
hard to adapt to the culture and learn the language

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8