The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Employee Reviews

Missionary Work
FULL-TIME MISSIONARY (Former Employee) –  HondurasSeptember 8, 2016
Worth the 2 year sacrifice. I was able to work in two leaderships of training new missionaries and to lead a small group of 6 missionaries as they met their daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
Team Effort
Quality assurance engineer intern (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTSeptember 7, 2016
Working in groups with up to 10 people to meet deadlines, but having fun (possibly playing chess or ping pong during breaks) and feeling like you are an integral part of the team is a focus for everyone, especially the managers.
A church calling
Young Single Adult President (Current Employee) –  1375 N Willow Ave. Rialto CA, 92376September 16, 2016
I dont get paid because this is work for god. I love the gospel and especially my calling. I do everything i can to magnify my calling. The support of my fellow brethren allows me to achieve my goals
Good people with a common purpose
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2013
Great workplace where much is accomplished for people. People oriented to move forward and upward while assisting those with whom you supervise.
Deseret Industries is located throughout the Western United States in 48 Stores. There are over 2000 employees I was overall responsible for with their Human Resource Responsibilities.
The hardest part of the job is the discipline process--making sure it is fair and equitable.
The most enjoyable part is the interaction of people from the hiring process to the everyday counciling of personnel problems.
Pros
Good benefits during the work years and into retirement
Cons
long hours of management, which turns into a plus when you see people succeed from your direct interaction.
over all a good company
coutodial (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTMarch 1, 2016
its good gob but
poor management and no advancement
and poor pay
I like doing my job I do not like my lead
I do not like management the way do thimg
Internship
Intern (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTSeptember 26, 2016
Working for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is one of the best jobs that I have. The work, atmosphere, and co-workers are top of the line. I would recommend all to work here if they could.
An experience I wouldn't trade for anything.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  The PhilippinesAugust 10, 2016
It was a wonderful time to go out and share messages of hope and faith to the people and to learn from them. It was hard work but always worth it. Ive learned to be a better person because of my time here.
Team building experience
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 28, 2016
I would train other missionaries how to be effective leaders. I would work with people directly to help them become better people. I learned how to motivate other through commonalities.
Wonderful Experience
Mission Presidents Wife with special assignments (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 1, 2016
It was a wonderful experience working with senior missionaries and young missionaries. Loved all of it. Arizona is a beautiful place with the sweet diversity of the white mountains.
Pros
Beauiful area
Cons
Gets a little hot in July and August
The greatest experience ever
Fulltime Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, El SalvadorJune 25, 2016
This isn't a job where we get paid, it's volunteer work to help others where we are specifically needed to be to persistently share a message that helps gain people's faith and hope. Service is done 24/7 while on work and studying of the materials given are what we do to understand the teachings that are given to others.
Pros
Experience
Volunteered for service for two years with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Family and Church History Headquarters Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2016
Working at the Family History Center was quite interesting. Usually, I needed to go through obituaries. I had to help a church employee with U.S. records and International Records. I learned how to use Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access to remove any possible duplicates found on the records waiting to be published online. There was really great management. The people in charge expected so much for us to accomplish. My co-workers and I would usually finish any assignment that was given to us, and we were quick to finish it. I got along fine with my co-workers, despite our differences. As time passed, my co-workers became my friends whom I could trust. The hardest part was trying to be on time. We usually needed to arrive at before 7:30. Usually I would get there on time. I was late four times in the space of two years. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the senior workers. I always remember them telling different stories about their lives.
Pros
Lunch Breaks, Water Breaks, etc.
Cons
Dealing with impatient patrons
Volunteer
Sunday School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTSeptember 17, 2016
This was a volunteer position. I did not get paid. It was very easy to manage creating one lesson a week, and working with the teenagers.
Great company to work for
Supervisor III (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTSeptember 2, 2015
The LDS Church is a great company to work for. Good balance between home and work life. Challenging environment to improve processes and procedure and gain efficiencies in work.
Pros
Excellent benefits/retirement
Cons
Not enough opportunity for growth in management
I loved it, the entire time.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 29, 2016
I loved it, the entire time. I learned so much, and I feel so much closer to God because of it. It makes me so, incredibly happy, and anyone can be a part of it. To learn more, visit Mormon.org. You will not regret it.
Work Summary
Missionary-Washington D.C. North Mission (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2016
As a missionary I worked a long side many other faiths to better the community as well as provide many hours of community service. I developed better as a person as I grew to favor hard work, service and teaching people from many different backgrounds, faiths, cultures, and environments.
Wonderful
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 15, 2016
Loved being a missionary, talked to people all day, helped people. went out visiting people from 10 to 9pm at night every single day for 18 months. the whole purpose was to bring people closer to Jesus Christ
The working environment is superb with many opportunities for variety.
Priesthood Department Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  SLC, UtahApril 21, 2016
I answer phone, support managers with calendaring and other tasks. Typing, filing, serve on committees and take minutes in executive meetings.
Spiritual
Personal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Central AmericaAugust 19, 2016
It was a fun experience. Good place to work.
Answering phones all day for my boss. Scheduling his meetings and interviews. Bringing him his lunch in a timely manner
Love working at the Church!
Java Architect (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTApril 16, 2016
Work/life balance best in the universe!!! Excellent workplace environment. Can't get a greater spiritual high anywhere else!
Amazing mission
Voluntary Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2016
Very fun mission, you get to speak with many people from all over the world, helped with my customer service skills. made lots of new friends, get to see alot of cool places

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8