The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employer Reviews

I enjoyed working for the Church and the people that I work with
Laundry Assistant (Current Employee), American Fork, UTNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment, and people to work with
Cons: no advancement
One of the best places to work. Just a part-time job that hasn't got any room for advancement or a future.
Very Productive and fun afterwards with basketball and volleyball
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 19, 2014
A very good workout and getting a good sweat in. I learned how to work with others and and communicate with them on work basis. Co-workers were very self motivated and hardworking. hardest part of the job is pushing your self to keep going. Most enjoyable part of work is communicating with others.
Warm and inspiring surroundings dealing with people's reqiests.
Office Assistant & Voice Communications Tech (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2014
My last position at the Corporation of the Presiding Bishopric consisted of a day full of incoming phone calls, usually from pleasant people. I learned to have more empathy and to be a better listener. I loved having the opportunity to talk with people and help them find the people/department to whom they want ed to converse.
don't compare church to working at church
Engineer 3 (Former Employee), salt lake city utahNovember 10, 2014
Pros: pioneer day off
Cons: wearing a suit and tie everyday.
always remember that people arent pefect. Politics in the church is the same as politics outside the church. just remember that and you will be fine.
Productive companies that have good benefits and fun while at the workplace.
Custodian (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 16, 2014
Working with customers in person and on the phones. The co-workers are very helpful. I have learned to be able to multi-task with the different areas of the company. The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of long lasting employment. The most enjoyable is working with others for a common good for the company and myself.
To provide service in the community and teach religion
Day Saints, Missionary (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2014
-Everyday was unique and special. Everyday began at 630am and ended at 1030pm on most days. The main objective was to teach people about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. When service projects arose, either in the community or through individual pleads, we would assist. As a spanish speaker, I provided english classes for people who wanted – more... to learn. I also was put into leadership positions. My objective was train, inspire, serve, and manage between 25-35 people at a time.
-I learned how to work hard, be dedicated, serve selflessly, love everyone, share, obedience, respect, diligence, honesty, courage, leadership qualities, and much more.
- I served with over 100 people and trained many individuals.
-The most enjoyable part of the experience was everything. – less
fun, uplifting workplace
MISSIONARY (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 8, 2014
Pros: good people, great environment, excellent support
Cons: expensive healthcare plan
I would spend the majority of the day at a computer doing research or computer training over the phone and the computer. Missionaries and employees alike were very willing and eager to assist each other. Supervisors and team leaders were very supportive and helpful. I learn very quickly and so the hardest part of the job for me was not having enough – more... of a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive, uplifting work environment. The most important thing I learned on this job was more patience. I worked with missionaries that were 15-20 years older than myself and their learning curves were much higher than I have been used to. It has been a great experience for me. – less
Awesome Work and Culture Experience
MISSIONARY (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2014
I loved working for the LDS church. I would do it again in a heart beat.
Best experience of my life
Missionary/Community Leader/Trainer (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2014
I was able to go out everyday and share the message of Jesus Christ with people everyday for 18 months. It was so rewarding to see the change that occurred in their lives by understanding the love that the Savior had and still has for them. Serving a mission changed my life for the better.
Productive service and amazing people
Missionary (Former Employee), Omaha NebraskaSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: being able to help and serve others.
Cons: when others would reject our services.
This was a voluntary 2-year service mission for my church. As a missionary, I was able to share my religious beliefs with those in the city of Omaha in Nebraska. It has helped me to develop characteristics necessary for life such as patience with others, good work ethic towards a specific goal, etc. It was an amazing experience I very much well enjoyed – more... it. – less
Great work atmosphere but tricky office politics.
Construction Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 31, 2014
Most co-workers are great, top-notched people; the best in their fields. Some middle management persons have poor, abrasive management styles and could use further training. The hardest part of the job was dealing with office politics. The greatest part of the job was working with all the people and working with projects in many countries around the – more... world. – less
Charity position. How do you write a review?
Assistant Stake Clerk for Information Systems (Former Employee), Santee, CAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: it was personally satisfying and a great responsibility
Cons: cons?
I was assigned this task, and happily accepted. This was unpaid, but the personal compensation was magnificent.

Great people, who also worked unpaid, with a smile.

It was challenging, nevertheless. Revampling an entire Stake's computer systems, and network infrastructure wasn't all lolipops and candy.
Changed my life!
Missionary (Former Employee), Kowloon, Kowloon Tong, Hong KongAugust 27, 2014
Pros: amazing, spiritual, personal growth, serving others.
Cons: rejection at times, or getting very exhausted.
Lots of walking, and talking to all sorts of people, to help them come to christ and learn how it can help them in their lives.
People need very basic things to be happy, and it's not that hard to understand them. I also learned to speak cantonese.
The management was fantastic- they are all volunteers, and give so much of themselves every single day.
Rejection, – more... learning chinese, and getting fat! haha
Seeing the change in someone's face who has been going through hard things or maybe feels lost in life. Seeing light and happiness radiate from them, when it wasn't there before. And my friends that I met along the way, it taught me to be humble, more kind, more organized, and more confident. I got to see what I was really made of and become a better version of myself. – less
Great learning experience, Developed life skills, Family feel.
Customer Service Work (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: become spiritually intune. enables you to see the bigger picture.
serve for 18 months with a very strict schedule from 6:30am to 10:30pm.
Skills you learn are:
Detailed Planning
Effective Goal Setting
Customer Service, follow up, and trust
Scheduling and Inviting
cleanliness
Efficient Study
Work Ethic

Most enjoyable part of the Job: Helping people change for the better. Seeing the happiness and growth from their – more... change.

Hardest Part: When you don't have a hard working partner. – less
n/a
Leadership (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 20, 2014
The best experience you can have in your life. learn a lot about your self. you learn a lot about helping people
Fast Pace Order, good communication and very productive and fun
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Santiago, Dom. Rep.August 19, 2014
Pros: great on hand experiance
A typical day at work is is a busy and productive work enviroment where everyone matters and working together gets the job done.

i learned how to talk and help those around me and how to work with others even though it is not my job do so.

the coworkers have the same vision and work very well with everyone else.
awesome
Youth Camp Leader (Former Employee), Romney, WVAugust 19, 2014
This is the church I go to. No, I did not get paid because this was a church activity, but it was spiritually rewarding. Everyone is nice and respectful to everyone and I had a lot of fun.
I loved my time there.
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 30, 2014
I served as a full time missionary and loved my time serving there. The best thing I have ever done.
Productive and informative
Youth Group Secretary (Former Employee), Kimberly, IDJuly 30, 2014
I believe i learned a lot in this position, in addition to the wonderful people i was able to work wih, i enjoyed this job very muh.
Firm Foundation
Volunteer (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 25, 2014
grateful for the lessons learned & serving one another is essential to the society fiber

1 2 3 4 5

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos