The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employer Reviews

A Wonderful Experience
Missionary (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 26, 2015
A day starts with 3 hours of studying and planning for those we were to teach. Then we would teach people and help them progress. If there was an empty spots in our day, it would be filled finding or help those in need. It was an experience I would not give up nor forget.
Decent environment
Production Assistant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 22, 2015
So long as you get your work done, you are pretty much left to your own devices. Management are really good people and correct problems as soon as they recognize them. The Human Resources department, on the other hand, has a problem with trust. It seems like they don't trust a lot of people or departments other than their own and, as such, a lot of the employees feel like they can't trust them.
Long hard productive days
Volunteer at the Bishops Store House (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJanuary 16, 2015
Keeps you on your feet and working with costumers. Had to have a passion for working with others
Working in the temple is a wonderful place to be serving wonderful people.
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 9, 2015
The wonderful people in the temple. It was great to prepare the food for the people who came to the cafeteria to eat there lunch or dinner meals. After the wonderful people eat there meal I also wash the dishes and the pot pans, Clean the kitchen up after we cook the different meals for the temple workers and people come to the temple to do temple work.
Good work environment with opportunities for growth.
Custodian (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great co-workers.
Cons: hr policies hold employees back.
It is a good job where hard work is encouraged and opportunities for growth present themselves often. The leaders will do a lot to help you. The only difficult part of the job is that it isn't consistent every day. The best part of the job is the people that you work with are incredible and the friendships that are quickly formed.
Excellent volunteering opportunity to learn leadership, study skills, work ethic, and character
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: prepaid housing, good environment
Cons: 90+ hours of work weekly
Our days consisted of following a schedule that encouraged personal growth. This included exercise, studying materials, and personal contacting. Getting creative was difficult, but the resulting happiness compensated immensely.
brought people to Christ
Volunteer Representative (Missionary) (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 24, 2014
Pros: a focus on the savior
Looked for, and taught, people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Talked to members and others for help.
The Best Experience of my Life
Church Volunteer/Missionary (Former Employee), BrazilDecember 6, 2014
Serving a Mission for the LDS Church was the best decision I ever made. Serving Christ every day brought me more joy than I had ever realized I was capable of feeling. "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God."
productive and encouraging work place.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Riverside, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunches
Cons: none really
When a volunteer job is planned it is very encouraging to work with others your age and meet new people. I learned different skills about different positions in a department store.
Excellent.
Missionary (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 28, 2014
Pros: grow as a person, and influence others for good.
Cons: stressful
My mission was a great experience. I was able to develop more people skills as well as productive planning. We talked to as many people as we could, teaching about our Church, and would always be working alongside someone. Sometimes it was stressful when my coworker might disagree with me or the people we met weren't interested in listening, but I was able to learn Patience, Diligence, and Understanding with specific situations. The work was very rewarding, especially since it was Service work.
Great opportunity
Missionary (Former Employee), EnglandNovember 28, 2014
This had to be the hardest and the best time of my life. The type of work was hard and demanding daily. The type of people that I talked to on a daily basis were from all walks of life and had many different understandings of who or what God was. I would like to do it again.
I enjoyed working for the Church and the people that I work with
Laundry Assistant (Current Employee), American Fork, UTNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great work enviroment, and people to work with
Cons: no advancement
One of the best places to work. Just a part-time job that hasn't got any room for advancement or a future.
Very Productive and fun afterwards with basketball and volleyball
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 19, 2014
A very good workout and getting a good sweat in. I learned how to work with others and and communicate with them on work basis. Co-workers were very self motivated and hardworking. hardest part of the job is pushing your self to keep going. Most enjoyable part of work is communicating with others.
Warm and inspiring surroundings dealing with people's reqiests.
Office Assistant & Voice Communications Tech (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTNovember 15, 2014
My last position at the Corporation of the Presiding Bishopric consisted of a day full of incoming phone calls, usually from pleasant people. I learned to have more empathy and to be a better listener. I loved having the opportunity to talk with people and help them find the people/department to whom they want ed to converse.
don't compare church to working at church
Engineer 3 (Former Employee), salt lake city utahNovember 10, 2014
Pros: pioneer day off
Cons: wearing a suit and tie everyday.
always remember that people arent pefect. Politics in the church is the same as politics outside the church. just remember that and you will be fine.
service mission
Proselyte Missionary (Former Employee), oakton virginiaNovember 8, 2014
I served two years in a volunteer organization. I have amazing communication skills. I taught others logical principles that would positively impact their lives and help them enhance their future. During the two years learned to work and get along with people of different heritage.
Productive companies that have good benefits and fun while at the workplace.
Custodian (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 16, 2014
Working with customers in person and on the phones. The co-workers are very helpful. I have learned to be able to multi-task with the different areas of the company. The hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of long lasting employment. The most enjoyable is working with others for a common good for the company and myself.
To provide service in the community and teach religion
Day Saints, Missionary (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2014
-Everyday was unique and special. Everyday began at 630am and ended at 1030pm on most days. The main objective was to teach people about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. When service projects arose, either in the community or through individual pleads, we would assist. As a spanish speaker, I provided english classes for people who wanted to learn. I also was put into leadership positions. My objective was train, inspire, serve, and manage between 25-35 people at a time.
-I learned how to work hard, be dedicated, serve selflessly, love everyone, share, obedience, respect, diligence, honesty, courage, leadership qualities, and much more.
- I served with over 100 people and trained many individuals.
-The most enjoyable part of the experience was everything.
fun, uplifting workplace
MISSIONARY (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 8, 2014
Pros: good people, great environment, excellent support
Cons: expensive healthcare plan
I would spend the majority of the day at a computer doing research or computer training over the phone and the computer. Missionaries and employees alike were very willing and eager to assist each other. Supervisors and team leaders were very supportive and helpful. I learn very quickly and so the hardest part of the job for me was not having enough of a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was the positive, uplifting work environment. The most important thing I learned on this job was more patience. I worked with missionaries that were 15-20 years older than myself and their learning curves were much higher than I have been used to. It has been a great experience for me.
Awesome Work and Culture Experience
MISSIONARY (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 24, 2014
I loved working for the LDS church. I would do it again in a heart beat.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos