The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews

Amazing un-paid service given
Missionary (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Many kind people
Cons: Constantly tired and some hard people to work with
I spent two years serving for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints as a missionary. Everyday, i followed strict guidelines and went about the place where i was assigned, talking to as many people as i could and teaching them what i know.

I learned a lot about how to communicate with people and relate to them. I also learned how to understand where people are coming from.

Those that i worked with were hard at times and others that i worked with were absolutely amazing and taught me a lot.

I loved all the people that i met while serving and how much i learned.
Learned who I am
Missionary (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 18, 2015
It was a long two years but I would not trade it for anything. The life style is very structured. The leaders are always learning. Best thing I ever did
Awesome thing to do serve God and others
Missionary (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Infinite amount of learning experiences, meet new people
It isn't a company, but I worked hard. It was as much as you put into it everyday. We studied in the morning for 3 hours, personally, with our mission companions and we would go out and find people to teach about our religion and help them get baptized.

9 hours of teaching/ finding or doing some sort of service including baptismal services and speeches.

Hardest part was learning to deal with rejection and my own weakenesses, but in those times I learned that with Christs help anything is possible, and that I could grow and become better and in the process help out others.
Productive, Caring, Hard Work, Focus Diligent, Out of the Box
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee), Manchester, NHAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Learn many daily life skills, Independence
Cons: Short free time, Never know when being rotated
An LDS mission is daily work from 6:30 in the morning till 10:30 at night everything I did was focused on the work. So hard work with patience, perseverance, and a happy face went a long way in making a great experience.
Small groups were my primary focus in my leadership position of being over 6-12 other missionaries. This included teaching, correction, advising, and reporting. I worked with one other missionary that was with at all times until our companionship was rotated.
I found the hardest part of the job was working so personable with my companion and those we taught, but at the same time it became the most enjoyable aspect of the 18 month duration.
I was a missionary stationed in different areas throughout Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, and Arkansas for two years.
Missionary (Former Employee), Jackson, MississippiAugust 7, 2015
Pros: The people, the food, and the beautiful sites.
Cons: I was a long way from home.
I loved the many people I met and all the different cultures. I grew so much as a person and learned many skills along the way that help me to be highly effective in the work place.
A family orientated organuzation with great opportunity to volunteer for.
Volunteer Companion (Former Employee), Oakland, CAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Having a great suport system behind me.
Cons: Not having more free time to give.
Going to a disable church members house and help them with what every they needed me to do for them that day. I learned that no matter what it could be a lot worse so count my blessings. I had a great support team and all the help I could ever need. the hardest part of the job was not having more time on m hands to give back more. Meeting a great lady and having her as a friend for the rest of my life.
Productive and fun place much to see and do
Missionary (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Friendships
Cons: Moving from a work area to another
Everyday preparation to learn how to teach talk and serve. our organisation was simple we always had someone to report to and everyone was willing to learn and grow. One of the hardest job in the field was to delete records and the best was to send new member records to the headquarters.
Meaningful work and friendly enviorment.
Missionary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2015
Study 4 hours every morning, make phone calls several time throughout the day, set appointments, answer the phone, update and file away records.
Productive and fun enviorment to work in
Missionary (Former Employee), Provo, UTJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, housing, fun teams to work with, and was not paid
Cons: short breaks
A typical day would be to wake up at 6:30am do a personal study of the scriptures. Then at 8am we could jump on the chat rooms and talk with people about their questions they had in the church. And if it went anywhere, we would schedule a time to skype them and teach them even more.
Full-time missionary
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee), GeorgiaJuly 9, 2015
I had the chance to go minister and had many opportunities to do service. I had a great time doing this volunteer work. I was in 5 different cities in the north east part of Georgia.
Always great to serve in church
Visiting Teacher Coordinator (Current Employee), Plantation, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Great learning environment
At church members are given many opportunites to improve our public speaking skills and learn to cooperate with others.
Volunteer
fulltime volunteer missionary (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 27, 2015
Pros: new friends
Cons: being away from family for 2 years
Volunteer minister for the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.

Finding new church members

Growing the faith of members
Best to years
FULL TIME MISSIONARY (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: get to know different places
Cons: 1 day off
I was a missionary for two years, this was the time were I learned the most related to talk with people and be a help instead of not helping them. I lost my fear to talk in public and also developed really good management skills
Awesome Experience
Missionary (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
Serving as a missionary was one of the most rewarding times in my life. Being able to help others to better their lives and make new friends was a wonderful experience.
Great two years of service
Missionary (Minister) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 19, 2015
Everday you wake, study, and then go find people to help in any way. Be that teaching, or any other service opportunity you can find.
Great Employer
Product Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 14, 2015
Great employer with tons of divisions and missions. Easy to find a place to contribute with lots of growth opportunities.
Meaningful service and teaching opportunities, providing spiritual, mental, and emotional growth
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJune 12, 2015
Pros: Different people every day, varied schedules activities, self planned, emotionally satisfying
Cons: No cons
During my time as a volunteer missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I learned many skills. These skills include, but are not limited to, scheduling, planning, organizing, teaching, leadership, team-building, and training. Though I was not paid, I definitely did a LOT of hard work. Each day of work (7 days a week) began at 6:30am with a rigorous schedule of exercise, planning, practice teaching, and studying for 3.5 hours. The rest of the day until 10:30pm was filled with teaching, door-to-door contacting, service (raking leaves, moving furniture, cleaning, etc.), training meetings, and other meaningful activities and appointments. The hardest part of this experience was that it was physically taxing. It was amazing and made me so happy, but it made me so tired every day. The most enjoyable thing was getting to talk to all sorts of people, help them with whatever they needed, and provide them messages of hope and comfort during difficult times.
Great people and great vision
Director (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great people, cutting edge of technology, great benefits
Cons: Stifling conservative dress code
If you are a member of the Church, then you'll love working here. The only drawback is the conservative dress code. Other than that, it's terrific.
Amazing, life changing experience
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 11, 2015
I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We didn't get paid for our service, but we dedicated our time to serving those around us, and teaching them principles from our church that could make their lives better. This opportunity allowed me to learn how to be selfless, and to make service a huge part of my life.
Best 2 years
Full-time Service Missionary (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2015
The hardest most rewarding 2 years of work of your life. You get to do amazing things and get to teach and help amazing people. There are good days and bad days but the good days far outshine and are worth the bad days.