The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews

Volunteered for service for two years with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Family and Church History Headquarters Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2016
Working at the Family History Center was quite interesting. Usually, I needed to go through obituaries. I had to help a church employee with U.S. records and International Records. I learned how to use Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access to remove any possible duplicates found on the records waiting to be published online. There was really great management. The people in charge expected so much for us to accomplish. My co-workers and I would usually finish any assignment that was given to us, and we were quick to finish it. I got along fine with my co-workers, despite our differences. As time passed, my co-workers became my friends whom I could trust. The hardest part was trying to be on time. We usually needed to arrive at before 7:30. Usually I would get there on time. I was late four times in the space of two years. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the senior workers. I always remember them telling different stories about their lives.
Pros
Lunch Breaks, Water Breaks, etc.
Cons
Dealing with impatient patrons
Very productive
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILFebruary 9, 2016
Typical work day included daily planing for meeting in that day, driving and a lot of walking. Meeting strangers and talking with people we had visited before. And making follow up appointments.
Learned a lot about time management, and maintaining appointment books. co workers were helpful and friendly.
Hardest part was getting the hang of how things were done but you catch on pretty fast.
Missionary
Missionary Volunteer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 7, 2016
I was a missionary for 2 years for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. There was no commission or salary pay.
Fun Workplace
MISSIONARY/ELDER (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 28, 2016
I loved being a Missionary. It too taught me many useful life skills. I learned how to be myself, get out of my comfort zone, and had the chance to meet new people daily. It was great! The hardest part about being a missionary would be getting along with different people you have never met before and being with a companion 24-7.
Pros
Free dinners and enjoyment
Cons
Being with someone 24-7
Volunteer Work
Ward Primary Secretary (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 22, 2016
This was all volunteer work for me. I did enjoy working with all of the children and the Primary Presidency. This volunteer work really is what you make of it.
We were a productive group who knew how to have fun together.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2016
My responsibilities included but where not limited to managing the work load, maintaining a budget of 2.7 million dollars,maintaining an inventory of over $500,000 of needed supplies, worked with outside contractors on special projects, and coaching team members to reach their highest potential.
Pros
I worked with a great group of guys.
Cons
It was difficult separating religion from employment.
Great internship, limited opportunities to stay.
Information Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTJanuary 20, 2016
Definitely a great opportunity to learn and an experience rich staff to help you. It is a great place to be surrounded by people that share ones beliefs.

Also get ready to do a lot of self learning, let google be your friend.
Perfect.
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Arcadia, CAJanuary 19, 2016
The Church is the ideal organization to be a part of. One never stops learning to do the work in a more perfect way, and I know that the things I learned here will help me even in my everyday life.
Being a Missionary was the best time of my life
Missionary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2016
As a missionary I was able to discover who I really am. I lived a very strict schedule. We would wake up at 6:30 am every day to work out for one hour. Then we would get ready to study at 8:00 am for 3 hours. then we would go out not to come back until 9:00 pm. I was such an amazing experience. My favorite part was to meet people from all over to world and from all different religions. It was the hardest thing I have ever done and also the most rewarding. I served for 2 years with no pay. I actually paid to be there and I do not regret that decision.
Fun and peaceful volunteer work
Volunteer Primary Teacher/Boy Scout Leader (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZJanuary 8, 2016
I loved working with the children and learning new things about life and family. I was able to balance my time with the Church and my family easily.
Missionary
full-time missionary (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2016
As a missionary in Florida i was required to live by a set schedule daily. The work consisted of talking with everyone we saw and inviting them to learn about our church.
Pros
Met alot of people and developed great communication skills
Cons
no time for myself
Productive and safe environment. Enjoyable coworkers and work.
Grounds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2016
While working for The LDS Grounds Crew I developed a true sense of teamwork and attention to detail. I was trained in the operation of carriage carts along with the operation of 40 and 60 foot aerial lifts. The daily routine was to walk the grounds and do a general check of garbage and facility upkeep. Then moving onto dead heading and cultivation of assigned flower bed. The rest of the day usually consisted of dressing the tree with christmas lights in preparation for winter.
Pros
Friendly work environment, team involved work
Cons
on latter up to 4 hour+ during the day
It was a calling
Assistant Ward Financial Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 6, 2016
Seriously, I was called to the position. It was a clear environment that dealt with official church business. Good atmosphere, but no pay. I was called to authenticate the money the church received.
It was the best 2 years of my life
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2015
I was a missionary and we called that period of time or that specific 2 years a "Mission. My mission was great I learned spanish and I learned a lot about the spanish people, I was able to speak their language and serve them. I and my companion taught lessons, there were 5 lessons and at the end of those lessons people can make a decision to join the church or not, and they join the church by being baptized and it is the greatest joy is helping someone take off their burdens or mistakes.
Pros
I learned so much, I love it.
Cons
I dont get to see my family but it was worth it.
Outdoors Representative of the Church
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Valencia, GDecember 22, 2015
Had to lead large groups of people with different characters. Trained a lot of them. Worked everyday with people on the streets making me handle all types ok characters.

Learned to work under pressure.
Very hard work with great benefits
Zone Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 19, 2015
I worked basically all day every day as a full time missionary, and as a zone leader. I trained, supervised, and coordinated the work for about 20-30 other missionaries at any given time. I also received training from higher management and taught it to those who I led.

It was extremely fun, and stressful, but so worth it.
Pros
Free dinners, great spiritual boost, and lots of fun and good friendships
Cons
Very stressful, strict rules, and no time for yourself
Best experience of my life
Missionary, Full Time (Former Employee) –  New HampshireDecember 14, 2015
The experiences I had while in New Hampshire has and will continue to shape my future for the rest of my life. I am so glad that I chose to do this.
Productive in new ways to learn and grow.
LDS Missionary (Former Employee) –  Irmo, South CarolinaDecember 11, 2015
A typical day was well planned. Very organized. Teaching people an ideal standard to help improve lifestyles. Worked in teams of two. Very social work involvement.
Pros
Teaching people.
Cons
N/A
Full time position teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Full time mission (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 9, 2015
This service opportunity was one of the greatest learning opportunities I have ever had. Every aspect of our job required us to step outside of our comfort zone as we interacted with others. A normal day was waking up at 6:30 am to study until about 11. Then we proselyted full time or did community service projects until 9 pm with a one hour dinner break. It was difficult maintaining this schedule with no break or vacation for 2 years but it was so rewarding. The greatest part of the work was seeing peoples lives change for the better.
Pros
learning to get outside yourself and thing about the needs of others
Cons
no vacations, impolite people
Working with children
Youth Service (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMDecember 5, 2015
This was not a job it was a volunteering job. I worked with children from all sorts of ages. I worked with them only on sundays.

4.8