The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews in United States

Amazing experience
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 3, 2016
we would start our morning where we would study for two hours, then we would go out and talk and serve people teaching them about what we believe, for two years.
All around I had a good experience. Management was awesome the hard part was sometimes just not having any success during the day. The most enjoyable to was meeting and talking to so many different people in the Northern Nevada.
Pros
Talking to People, and meeting and making so many Friends
Cons
The Rejections
Friendly work culture with a great work/life balance
Web Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTMay 3, 2016
Each day there is typically a standup meeting to report your progress, occasional meetings throughout the week. Inspirational devotional once a week usually with food. Optional trainings held each week with food incentives. Cafeteria on first floor. Great co-workers!
Russian Missionary Experience
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Сибирский федеральный округMay 2, 2016
Hard work; 40+ hours a week. Talking and meeting with various types of people, while preparing lessons, teaching, and learning Russian everyday--for two years.
Fast paced, fun, educational environment
Web Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2016
Each intern is assigned a personal mentor who will assist them on their tasks/stories/bugs. As an intern you are given plenty of work and learning opportunities. Definitely a very fun and helpful experience!
best service work
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 25, 2016
i loved the time serving as an lds missionary, i spent time in houses, buildings and streets teaching about god. I learned to have communications skills in Spanish, english and Portuguese. I volunteered in many service projects.
The working environment is superb with many opportunities for variety.
Priesthood Department Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  SLC, UtahApril 21, 2016
I answer phone, support managers with calendaring and other tasks. Typing, filing, serve on committees and take minutes in executive meetings.
Great work enviroment
Production Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 20, 2016
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a good place to work. I have great opportunities to grow and learn in many different settings. I have had great coworkers that have made it enjoyable to go to work each day. Good benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Slow to advance
Incredible, life changing experience of preparation
Ecclesiastical minister- Missionary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2016
I loved my time that I spent as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I learned so many amazing life skills and feel far more prepared to face life challenges based on all I learned as a missionary. My service was 100% voluntary and I received no financial compensation for my 2 years of service (in fact, I paid to be on the mission), but I feel the investment of time was worth more than any amount of money could have replaced.
Love working at the Church!
Java Architect (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTApril 16, 2016
Work/life balance best in the universe!!! Excellent workplace environment. Can't get a greater spiritual high anywhere else!
I really loved this place
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2016
Typical work day was talking to people, teaching people, doing service for people. I liked being able to help people. I learned how to manage time effectively, work smarter, I learned how to communicate very well with others. Met amazing people.
Pros
Free Lunches and Dinners
voluntary job
NURSERY AND SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAApril 11, 2016
I do it as voluntary, Serving God and others, making little kids happy and enjoy their childhood and learn to love God, I never axpect to be paid
Very rewarding if a bit slow
Lead UX (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2016
This is a great place to work. The hiring process is very long and takes a lot of hoops, but with such a large organization, this is expected. Projects take a long time to get through, but have a very rewarding effect on the user.
For the people
Young Men Secretary (Current Employee) –  Middletown, RI 02842April 6, 2016
LDS is very God and People friendly, everyone is very friendly. Everyone is a part of a team, there are no individuals, the Church is a team player for each role is important to moving closer to God.
Church volunteer service
missionary (Former Employee) –  United states of AmericaApril 6, 2016
Went to US to a teacher/preacher. Meet people everyday and traveled many places to teach. Specially trained by an American to teach and help people to understand. Received a lot of awards and served in a leadership positions.
Pros
everything is free
Cons
two years
The best company/religion in the world!
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 5, 2016
I had the best experience of my life in gaining true, lasting happiness! This came as I devoted myself to serving this mission and losing myself in it's work. I learned valuable and irreplaceable skills and experiences. Nothing compares!
Pros
Skill development, temporal needs met
Cons
Requires all your heart, mind and strength (if that is a con...)
Work Summary
Missionary-Washington D.C. North Mission (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2016
As a missionary I worked a long side many other faiths to better the community as well as provide many hours of community service. I developed better as a person as I grew to favor hard work, service and teaching people from many different backgrounds, faiths, cultures, and environments.
Structured work environment. Most of the work was done on integrity and not micromanaged.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 30, 2016
On a typical day I would walk around and would talk to a variety of people from all different cultures and backgrounds. When talking to these people I would have to answer various questions that they had and respond to concerns that they had. It helped me to develope my communication skills and my ability to communicate with various cultures without offending them. The most enjoyable part for me became the people that I talked to. I really enjoyed getting to talk to people and see what they thought about the things I was speaking of and challenging myself to answer the questions that everyone had.
Great eneviorment
Church young women's leader (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZMarch 28, 2016
this is vounteer only, I love working with the young children and the youth. Teaching them from the scriptures and helping them achieve personal goals.
Missionary
Missionary (Former Employee) –  PrahaMarch 24, 2016
It was amazing I was a volunteer for 18 months in Slovakia and I would not trade it for the world it was amazing. Everyone was great and it was an amazing opportunity
Pros
Every thing
Cons
I dont have any
Service oriented
Special Needs Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 18, 2016
Not REALLY a company, more of an organization. A religious church! :) It's great! I love it! I think that everyone should look into it!
Pros
THE CHURCH IS TRUE :)
Cons
there are none!

4.8