The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews in United States

Missionary
Missionary Volunteer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 7, 2016
I was a missionary for 2 years for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. There was no commission or salary pay.
Structured work environment. Most of the work was done on integrity and not micromanaged.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 30, 2016
On a typical day I would walk around and would talk to a variety of people from all different cultures and backgrounds. When talking to these people I would have to answer various questions that they had and respond to concerns that they had. It helped me to develope my communication skills and my ability to communicate with various cultures without offending them. The most enjoyable part for me became the people that I talked to. I really enjoyed getting to talk to people and see what they thought about the things I was speaking of and challenging myself to answer the questions that everyone had.
Great company to work for
Supervisor III (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTSeptember 2, 2015
The LDS Church is a great company to work for. Good balance between home and work life. Challenging environment to improve processes and procedure and gain efficiencies in work.
Pros
Excellent benefits/retirement
Cons
Not enough opportunity for growth in management
An environment to learn and grow
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santiago ChileJuly 8, 2016
The time I spent as a full time missionary changed my life and helped me to learn the importance of dedication, diligence, and Leadership.

Everyday was something different because what we did involved talking with people in the streets and their homes.

The hardest part of the job was facing rejection; however, it helped me to understand and identify true interest and how to maintain a positive out look.

The part that I enjoyed more than any other of my time was the interaction with people and helping them to see what we offered as something beneficial to them.
Pros
Service
Current Technology and Great focus on delivering value to the customer.
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 25, 2015
I am involved in guiding the direction of three products, which means I have daily and weekly meetings with the teams (stand-ups and other planning meetings). I also am a discipline manager for a team of engineers so most days I have 1 on 1's to provide coaching and support to ensure successful delivery of features. I also deliver code personally and have enjoyed being a "coding manager" for 13 years.

I work with great people who share in a passion for delivering excellent quality products to our customers. I currently work on the team that handles 70% of the traffic for our familysearch.org website, which provides tools supporting family history research worldwide.
Pros
Great benefits, showers so I can run a few days a week during lunchtime.
Cons
Can't think of any. I really enjoy my current job.
Committed people to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityJuly 21, 2016
Working in this capacity is an honor for members of the Church. While really a 7/24 job it is amazing to work with so many wonderful young people. They come from all different places and different walks of life. They are not allowed to call their parents or family members but twice a year. My husband and I were responsible for their health and well being for their 18 months or 24 months that they were with us. It is a strenuous and intense experience
Pros
Blessings from heaven
Job satisfaction
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Being a missionary can be difficult, but is highly rewarding even though you do not receive compensation. Some of the greatest experiences of my life.
Pros
Satisfaction of helping people make life changes.
Volunteered for service for two years with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
Family and Church History Headquarters Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 10, 2016
Working at the Family History Center was quite interesting. Usually, I needed to go through obituaries. I had to help a church employee with U.S. records and International Records. I learned how to use Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access to remove any possible duplicates found on the records waiting to be published online. There was really great management. The people in charge expected so much for us to accomplish. My co-workers and I would usually finish any assignment that was given to us, and we were quick to finish it. I got along fine with my co-workers, despite our differences. As time passed, my co-workers became my friends whom I could trust. The hardest part was trying to be on time. We usually needed to arrive at before 7:30. Usually I would get there on time. I was late four times in the space of two years. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the senior workers. I always remember them telling different stories about their lives.
Pros
Lunch Breaks, Water Breaks, etc.
Cons
Dealing with impatient patrons
Many Opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2016
I have had the opportunity to work in many positions over the last 40 years and I'm fortunate that I have enjoyed every job I have ever had. Mostly I enjoyed being in charge, (managing) and creative thinking. I've had hundreds of challenges and successes in my carrier. Retired last year, and I'm feeling l need something more.
I need something to do that will keep me active and/or around people.
Pros
I had the opportunity to run my own companies.
Cons
The company does not give very generous vacation hours.
Incredible, life changing experience of preparation
Ecclesiastical minister- Missionary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2016
I loved my time that I spent as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I learned so many amazing life skills and feel far more prepared to face life challenges based on all I learned as a missionary. My service was 100% voluntary and I received no financial compensation for my 2 years of service (in fact, I paid to be on the mission), but I feel the investment of time was worth more than any amount of money could have replaced.
Great Job!!! Good Benefit's!!!!!
Custodian/Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Highland, UTAugust 12, 2015
Worked for the church for a long time! Liked my bosses, Worked for Lehi FM Group when started, then Highland FM Group Loved Job! Great benefits! Cleaned offices, dusted, emptied garbages, dry/wet mopped gym floors, vacuumed,
Pros
Money, people worked for, benefits!!
Cons
could not keep working for the church!
Amazing experience
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 3, 2016
we would start our morning where we would study for two hours, then we would go out and talk and serve people teaching them about what we believe, for two years.
All around I had a good experience. Management was awesome the hard part was sometimes just not having any success during the day. The most enjoyable to was meeting and talking to so many different people in the Northern Nevada.
Pros
Talking to People, and meeting and making so many Friends
Cons
The Rejections
Great Workplace with awesome co-workers
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 23, 2016
A typical day of work is a 16 hour work day. Most of it is spent on your feet talking to people, and helping them become better people. I've learned a lot about myself as a person, how to be a better person myself.

*was an occupation that I paid to work at. Service opportunity
Pros
Great work, Awesome people
over all a good company
coutodial (Former Employee) –  SLC, UTMarch 1, 2016
its good gob but
poor management and no advancement
and poor pay
I like doing my job I do not like my lead
I do not like management the way do thimg
2 year service mission
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMay 16, 2016
this was a 2 year service mission. A typical day consisted of teaching people about what I believe. I learned how to teach in an effective manner. There wasn't really any management. Loved everyone i worked with. Hardest part was trying to find new people to teach and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and learning about them.
Pros
Being outside everyday
Cons
not being able to find people to teach.
Very hard work with great benefits
Zone Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 19, 2015
I worked basically all day every day as a full time missionary, and as a zone leader. I trained, supervised, and coordinated the work for about 20-30 other missionaries at any given time. I also received training from higher management and taught it to those who I led.

It was extremely fun, and stressful, but so worth it.
Pros
Free dinners, great spiritual boost, and lots of fun and good friendships
Cons
Very stressful, strict rules, and no time for yourself
Very productive
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILFebruary 9, 2016
Typical work day included daily planing for meeting in that day, driving and a lot of walking. Meeting strangers and talking with people we had visited before. And making follow up appointments.
Learned a lot about time management, and maintaining appointment books. co workers were helpful and friendly.
Hardest part was getting the hang of how things were done but you catch on pretty fast.
Work Summary
Missionary-Washington D.C. North Mission (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2016
As a missionary I worked a long side many other faiths to better the community as well as provide many hours of community service. I developed better as a person as I grew to favor hard work, service and teaching people from many different backgrounds, faiths, cultures, and environments.
Great work environment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTJuly 12, 2016
Using a flavor of agile principles teams are organized by application and work on sprints to deliver enhancements or new functionality. Business partners work closely with the development teams and project managers to ensure software meets the business needs.

Great teams, talented developers, excellent work life balance.
The greatest experience ever
Fulltime Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, El SalvadorJune 25, 2016
This isn't a job where we get paid, it's volunteer work to help others where we are specifically needed to be to persistently share a message that helps gain people's faith and hope. Service is done 24/7 while on work and studying of the materials given are what we do to understand the teachings that are given to others.
Pros
Experience

4.8