The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints United States Employee Reviews

Great experience to learn and grow as a person
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDApril 26, 2015
Pros: greatest organization
It was unpaid service, and the greatest experience in my life. You build and grow as an individual and learn so many different skills in the real world.
productive for helping others
Missionary (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2015
Pros: free dinner
Cons: shortbreaks
Talking to random people, teaching them about things that will help them spiritually. I learned that when we see others as God sees them, we communicate with them effectively. We are out at 10 in the morning to 9:30 in the evening. Missionaries I served with are amazing and extra-ordinary. To see someone struggling and seeing their digression. The most enjoyable part is when people make right decisions and are progressing towards a great life ahead.
The best thing I have ever done.
Missionary (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 18, 2015
I learned how to teach to needs. I spend everyday doing service. I learned how to speak spanish. I learned how to deal with problems and keep a positive attitude, work hard, and not complain. The leadership set up was phenomenal. Each of the people I worked with were wonderful people who tried their very best. It was hard not always being able to control the outcome. The most enjoyable part was being able to see people change and knowing that I play some part in their life to help them.
Very fulfilling place to volunteer
Missionary (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 16, 2015
I learned so much in my missionary service. I not only learned Spanish, but my knowledge and understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ has expanded immensely, and I learned how to work with and communicate with people. I also learned a lot about myself.
Faith-based organization that strengthens families
Full-time missionary (Former Employee), Papeete, TahitiApril 16, 2015
I was in an environment that allowed me to strengthen a spiritual relationship with God, our Heavenly Father. It was a challenging schedule as a full-time missionary to dedicate 18 months of my life to service, but it was rewarding to see the difference that the Gospel of Jesus Christ can make in the lives of individuals and their families. High level of job satisfaction.
Great Company
Sr. Mechanic (Current Employee), Central Coast of CaliforniaApril 15, 2015
There's always something new to do. Great working environment. Great benefits. They want you to advance and improve yourself.
Very changeing and so very rewarding
Missionary Work (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2015
Pros: The Joy that came to my life as well as thoes around me and seeing that.
Cons: Rejection and people who were mean.
Every day was different, but what we would do is talk with everyone around us asking if they wanted to learn more about what we had to share often times it was no, but sometimes it was a resounding yes and we would share lessons that helped them come closer to Christ. I saw we because I was constantly with another girl whom I called Sister, I learned many different ways in how to work with these different sisters and how we could make it work teaching with one another. Management was good really it was us the other Sister and I working on ways to work together well and helping others in the process. The hardest part would have to have been that of rejection. The most enjoyable was when those who we taught would understand and feel that joy as well.
Great People
Missionary (Former Employee), Ogden, UTApril 7, 2015
This was a great opportunity, I worked with amazing people and learned so many life skills. It was great to be able to meet so many people and really make a lot of friends, it was amazing.
Incredible work experience
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), San Pedro Sula, HondurasMarch 26, 2015
It was an incredible experience to give service under the Church's direction. It required a lot of sacrifice, but it was a great experience.
fun work place
LDS Missionary (Former Employee), NHMarch 26, 2015
So as a missionary i was not paid. i did all this as a charity source and learning experience. I learned to keep working hard in the face of opposition.
In leadership type skills i learned to take responsibility, to think on your toes when something bad happens, and to lead and motivate those under me.
Take the time to serve others
Missionary (Former Employee), World WideMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Emotional satisfaction
Cons: long days
Very service oriented. Spending the day looking for other people to serve, with physical assistance or emotional. Gaining skills to talk to others first and create relationships.
Exellent place to work for
Carpet Installer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 21, 2015
A really fun place to work. Great people both employees and management. I would recommend working here for many different reasons. The spirit, theme and people make it a wonderful place to work every day.
Productive, people are wonderful
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueMarch 11, 2015
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: long days
Our job is to help people to become better. It was satisfying to see the growth in people and love people have is incredible. I've learned that people are worth it, that they're good. It's great because the co-workers were very positive. The management was perfect. It was only hard when things went wrong. Although, the support system was flawless.
Good people and challenging work eniroment
Database Administrator/App Server Engineer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: work moves slowly
Take care of database issues:
Check nightly monitoring for any issues. Confirm database jobs completed with no errors.
Life changing and set the course for my life
Full Time Volunteer Service Missionary (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 9, 2015
Being a member of the church is a life long commitment. I had the opportunity to be a missionary for two years for my church. I stopped bad habits by replacing them with good ones.
The day started at 6:30 wake up and retiring to bed at 10:30. From 8 am -10 am I studied personally and with my assigned companion. From 5 pm - 7 pm we knocked on doors to invite others to hear our message. The day was filled with teaching, meeting new people, and following up and checking on people.
I learned to set goals, deal with hard situations, plan ahead and set goals, conduct training meetings, to willing obey, to think of others, and much more .
Some of the hard things was working and being with someone for 24/7, no time was alone. We had to put differences, habits, personalities, and grudges aside and forgive each other.
The most enjoyable things about being a missionary was seeing peoples' lives change for the better. This included those coming into the church, other missionaries, and myself.
Great place to volenteer my time and help others along the way
Youth Class Presidency (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 27, 2015
I have been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints my entire life. For the past few years I have been involved in different aspects of the church such as different presidencies or leadership positions to plan activities and spiritual messages for the other girls of my age group. I have also been involved with genealogy for the past few years. I have been helping others find relatives and navigate Ancestry.com as well as FamilySearch.org. I love the satisfaction and accomplishment I feel when I help those in my church and my community.
Best Place to Grow Yourself
Volunteer Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDFebruary 27, 2015
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints places a great emphasis on helping individuals to grow and become more. Every work assignment has an opportunity for the employee to learn or refine a new skill.
GREAT
Missionary (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 26, 2015
This was a great company to work for. you help people and are blessed. I enjoyed everyday I was there. The church provided everything that we needed to be successful
Awesome workplace
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2015
LDS church is a great place to work for. It's very family oriented and it's beneficial for women to work for this organization as they can combine both having a career and raising children.
Loved my co-workers
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers were awesome to work with
Cons: its just another buisness with too many politics.
I loved this job, but then they hired a manager that didn't like my gender in the department. I took it to HR, but they refused to take my complaint.

I worked hard, but loved my job and co-workers at the printing division.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Salaries

$15.00 per hour

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos

takrdi
kampala
Share the faith with others