The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints United States Employee Reviews

Great Company
Sr. Mechanic (Current Employee), Central Coast of CaliforniaApril 15, 2015
There's always something new to do. Great working environment. Great benefits. They want you to advance and improve yourself.
Very changeing and so very rewarding
Missionary Work (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2015
Pros: The Joy that came to my life as well as thoes around me and seeing that.
Cons: Rejection and people who were mean.
Every day was different, but what we would do is talk with everyone around us asking if they wanted to learn more about what we had to share often times it was no, but sometimes it was a resounding yes and we would share lessons that helped them come closer to Christ. I saw we because I was constantly with another girl whom I called Sister, I learned many different ways in how to work with these different sisters and how we could make it work teaching with one another. Management was good really it was us the other Sister and I working on ways to work together well and helping others in the process. The hardest part would have to have been that of rejection. The most enjoyable was when those who we taught would understand and feel that joy as well.
Great People
Missionary (Former Employee), Ogden, UTApril 7, 2015
This was a great opportunity, I worked with amazing people and learned so many life skills. It was great to be able to meet so many people and really make a lot of friends, it was amazing.
Incredible work experience
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), San Pedro Sula, HondurasMarch 26, 2015
It was an incredible experience to give service under the Church's direction. It required a lot of sacrifice, but it was a great experience.
fun work place
LDS Missionary (Former Employee), NHMarch 26, 2015
So as a missionary i was not paid. i did all this as a charity source and learning experience. I learned to keep working hard in the face of opposition.
In leadership type skills i learned to take responsibility, to think on your toes when something bad happens, and to lead and motivate those under me.
Take the time to serve others
Missionary (Former Employee), World WideMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Emotional satisfaction
Cons: long days
Very service oriented. Spending the day looking for other people to serve, with physical assistance or emotional. Gaining skills to talk to others first and create relationships.
Exellent place to work for
Carpet Installer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 21, 2015
A really fun place to work. Great people both employees and management. I would recommend working here for many different reasons. The spirit, theme and people make it a wonderful place to work every day.
Productive, people are wonderful
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueMarch 11, 2015
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: long days
Our job is to help people to become better. It was satisfying to see the growth in people and love people have is incredible. I've learned that people are worth it, that they're good. It's great because the co-workers were very positive. The management was perfect. It was only hard when things went wrong. Although, the support system was flawless.
Good people and challenging work eniroment
Database Administrator/App Server Engineer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTMarch 11, 2015
Pros: good people to work with.
Cons: work moves slowly
Take care of database issues:
Check nightly monitoring for any issues. Confirm database jobs completed with no errors.
Life changing and set the course for my life
Full Time Volunteer Service Missionary (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 9, 2015
Being a member of the church is a life long commitment. I had the opportunity to be a missionary for two years for my church. I stopped bad habits by replacing them with good ones.
The day started at 6:30 wake up and retiring to bed at 10:30. From 8 am -10 am I studied personally and with my assigned companion. From 5 pm - 7 pm we knocked on doors to invite others to hear our message. The day was filled with teaching, meeting new people, and following up and checking on people.
I learned to set goals, deal with hard situations, plan ahead and set goals, conduct training meetings, to willing obey, to think of others, and much more .
Some of the hard things was working and being with someone for 24/7, no time was alone. We had to put differences, habits, personalities, and grudges aside and forgive each other.
The most enjoyable things about being a missionary was seeing peoples' lives change for the better. This included those coming into the church, other missionaries, and myself.
Great place to volenteer my time and help others along the way
Youth Class Presidency (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 27, 2015
I have been a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints my entire life. For the past few years I have been involved in different aspects of the church such as different presidencies or leadership positions to plan activities and spiritual messages for the other girls of my age group. I have also been involved with genealogy for the past few years. I have been helping others find relatives and navigate Ancestry.com as well as FamilySearch.org. I love the satisfaction and accomplishment I feel when I help those in my church and my community.
Best Place to Grow Yourself
Volunteer Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDFebruary 27, 2015
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints places a great emphasis on helping individuals to grow and become more. Every work assignment has an opportunity for the employee to learn or refine a new skill.
GREAT
Missionary (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 26, 2015
This was a great company to work for. you help people and are blessed. I enjoyed everyday I was there. The church provided everything that we needed to be successful
Awesome workplace
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2015
LDS church is a great place to work for. It's very family oriented and it's beneficial for women to work for this organization as they can combine both having a career and raising children.
Loved my co-workers
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers were awesome to work with
Cons: its just another buisness with too many politics.
I loved this job, but then they hired a manager that didn't like my gender in the department. I took it to HR, but they refused to take my complaint.

I worked hard, but loved my job and co-workers at the printing division.
Rock and a hard place
Japanese Language Evaluator (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 11, 2015
The work is often grueling because of its repetitive nature and shear bodom causing humdumness. However, it pays decent, with regular raises, and has a completely liquid schedule that you can modify based off your needs. The hours are few, but you wouldn't want to work more than that anyways. Great way to pick up extra cash.
A very good working environment.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: i work where i attend church.
Cons: weather can be difficult sometimes.
The position calls for maintaining a positive and pleasant demeanor in order to add to the patrons spiritual experience. I enjoy that atmosphere while knowing that we are trained to handle issues with the general public that intrude on the property. We maintain both static and roaming posts and are required to wave at any person who enters the grounds of the facility. First-aid training is ongoing. I enjoy working for the church.
Best time of my life
LDS Missionary (Former Employee), GeorgiaFebruary 10, 2015
This isn't really a job, it is a volunteer effort with no pay but never ending benefits. In this there is a lot expected from you but nothing forced upon you. The hardest time is when nobody wants to listen to what you have to say but the most rewarding is when you see a friend you know change their lives
Church
Volunteer youth leader (Current Employee), 2670 56th Street Southwest Wyoming, MIJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: wonderful environment
Cons: not paid
I volunteer as a youth leader in my church. I love it so much and I never want to stop doing it. I get to work with girls ages 12-18. I help plan activities, carry out events, teach about various topics, and I sometimes act as a support net for the girls going through tough times.
Loved serving my country
Financial Accountant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: serving country
Cons: management was awful
Loved serving my country, this was always my lifetime dream. Bad management ruined my desire to stay in Navy. Could not work under my last company commander so I resigned.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos