The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews

spiritually uplifting
Full-time missionary (Former Employee), Oakland, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Working here the Lord will bless you
Cons: none
great environment to test your faith and to development people skills and communications, because all you work with is people.
Current Technology and Great focus on delivering value to the customer.
Engineering Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 25, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, showers so I can run a few days a week during lunchtime.
Cons: Can't think of any. I really enjoy my current job.
I am involved in guiding the direction of three products, which means I have daily and weekly meetings with the teams (stand-ups and other planning meetings). I also am a discipline manager for a team of engineers so most days I have 1 on 1's to provide coaching and support to ensure successful delivery of features. I also deliver code personally and have enjoyed being a "coding manager" for 13 years.

I work with great people who share in a passion for delivering excellent quality products to our customers. I currently work on the team that handles 70% of the traffic for our familysearch.org website, which provides tools supporting family history research worldwide.
Best way to learn loyalty and hard work
Missionary (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 25, 2015
I used to follow a schedule every day and I needed to be obedient to all rules. I found and taught people about Jesus Christ. We set goals every day in order to obtain success in the work. I could see how I improved in every aspect of the work as I gave my best.
Good Place to work Hard to move up
Real Estate Analyst (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2015
It is good a good place to work, it is hard to move up since very little people are in management.

You do have to wear a tie daily, and you don't get a lot of time off.
Competent Professionals
Intern (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 13, 2015
I felt that the Church's culture was very professional and that those that work there are very competent and good at what they do. I think the overall dedication and love the people have for their jobs is what makes this place so great.
productivity
Volunteer church Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2015
it was enjoyable job to do. I learned to be more good communicator, problem solving, work under pressure, organized, attention to detail. we work a team. the hardest part of my job was to work under any condition (weather). the most enjoyable part of my work was the fact that I had to interact with people
Fun, with a lot of blessing
Missionary (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 11, 2015
I worked as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints where I taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and performed many hours of service.
I was not paid in fact i paid to go. I was sent to San Jose California and would work from 6:25 am to 9 p.m I loved every second of it and I am grateful for the experience. It lasted for 18 months.
Great experience to learn and grow as a person
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDApril 26, 2015
Pros: greatest organization
It was unpaid service, and the greatest experience in my life. You build and grow as an individual and learn so many different skills in the real world.
productive for helping others
Missionary (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2015
Pros: free dinner
Cons: shortbreaks
Talking to random people, teaching them about things that will help them spiritually. I learned that when we see others as God sees them, we communicate with them effectively. We are out at 10 in the morning to 9:30 in the evening. Missionaries I served with are amazing and extra-ordinary. To see someone struggling and seeing their digression. The most enjoyable part is when people make right decisions and are progressing towards a great life ahead.
The best thing I have ever done.
Missionary (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 18, 2015
I learned how to teach to needs. I spend everyday doing service. I learned how to speak spanish. I learned how to deal with problems and keep a positive attitude, work hard, and not complain. The leadership set up was phenomenal. Each of the people I worked with were wonderful people who tried their very best. It was hard not always being able to control the outcome. The most enjoyable part was being able to see people change and knowing that I play some part in their life to help them.
Very fulfilling place to volunteer
Missionary (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 16, 2015
I learned so much in my missionary service. I not only learned Spanish, but my knowledge and understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ has expanded immensely, and I learned how to work with and communicate with people. I also learned a lot about myself.
Faith-based organization that strengthens families
Full-time missionary (Former Employee), Papeete, TahitiApril 16, 2015
I was in an environment that allowed me to strengthen a spiritual relationship with God, our Heavenly Father. It was a challenging schedule as a full-time missionary to dedicate 18 months of my life to service, but it was rewarding to see the difference that the Gospel of Jesus Christ can make in the lives of individuals and their families. High level of job satisfaction.
Great Company
Sr. Mechanic (Current Employee), Central Coast of CaliforniaApril 15, 2015
There's always something new to do. Great working environment. Great benefits. They want you to advance and improve yourself.
Very changeing and so very rewarding
Missionary Work (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 8, 2015
Pros: The Joy that came to my life as well as thoes around me and seeing that.
Cons: Rejection and people who were mean.
Every day was different, but what we would do is talk with everyone around us asking if they wanted to learn more about what we had to share often times it was no, but sometimes it was a resounding yes and we would share lessons that helped them come closer to Christ. I saw we because I was constantly with another girl whom I called Sister, I learned many different ways in how to work with these different sisters and how we could make it work teaching with one another. Management was good really it was us the other Sister and I working on ways to work together well and helping others in the process. The hardest part would have to have been that of rejection. The most enjoyable was when those who we taught would understand and feel that joy as well.
Great People
Missionary (Former Employee), Ogden, UTApril 7, 2015
This was a great opportunity, I worked with amazing people and learned so many life skills. It was great to be able to meet so many people and really make a lot of friends, it was amazing.
Incredible work experience
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), San Pedro Sula, HondurasMarch 26, 2015
It was an incredible experience to give service under the Church's direction. It required a lot of sacrifice, but it was a great experience.
fun work place
LDS Missionary (Former Employee), NHMarch 26, 2015
So as a missionary i was not paid. i did all this as a charity source and learning experience. I learned to keep working hard in the face of opposition.
In leadership type skills i learned to take responsibility, to think on your toes when something bad happens, and to lead and motivate those under me.
Take the time to serve others
Missionary (Former Employee), World WideMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Emotional satisfaction
Cons: long days
Very service oriented. Spending the day looking for other people to serve, with physical assistance or emotional. Gaining skills to talk to others first and create relationships.
Exellent place to work for
Carpet Installer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 21, 2015
A really fun place to work. Great people both employees and management. I would recommend working here for many different reasons. The spirit, theme and people make it a wonderful place to work every day.
Productive, people are wonderful
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueMarch 11, 2015
Pros: amazing co-workers
Cons: long days
Our job is to help people to become better. It was satisfying to see the growth in people and love people have is incredible. I've learned that people are worth it, that they're good. It's great because the co-workers were very positive. The management was perfect. It was only hard when things went wrong. Although, the support system was flawless.

1 2 3 4 5

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Salaries

$15.00 per hour

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos

takrdi
kampala
Share the faith with others