The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews in United States

Many Opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2016
I have had the opportunity to work in many positions over the last 40 years and I'm fortunate that I have enjoyed every job I have ever had. Mostly I enjoyed being in charge, (managing) and creative thinking. I've had hundreds of challenges and successes in my carrier. Retired last year, and I'm feeling l need something more.
I need something to do that will keep me active and/or around people.
Pros
I had the opportunity to run my own companies.
Cons
The company does not give very generous vacation hours.
An environment to learn and grow
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santiago ChileJuly 8, 2016
The time I spent as a full time missionary changed my life and helped me to learn the importance of dedication, diligence, and Leadership.

Everyday was something different because what we did involved talking with people in the streets and their homes.

The hardest part of the job was facing rejection; however, it helped me to understand and identify true interest and how to maintain a positive out look.

The part that I enjoyed more than any other of my time was the interaction with people and helping them to see what we offered as something beneficial to them.
Pros
Service
Committed people to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityJuly 21, 2016
Working in this capacity is an honor for members of the Church. While really a 7/24 job it is amazing to work with so many wonderful young people. They come from all different places and different walks of life. They are not allowed to call their parents or family members but twice a year. My husband and I were responsible for their health and well being for their 18 months or 24 months that they were with us. It is a strenuous and intense experience
Pros
Blessings from heaven
2 year service mission
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMay 16, 2016
this was a 2 year service mission. A typical day consisted of teaching people about what I believe. I learned how to teach in an effective manner. There wasn't really any management. Loved everyone i worked with. Hardest part was trying to find new people to teach and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and learning about them.
Pros
Being outside everyday
Cons
not being able to find people to teach.
Amazing experience
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 3, 2016
we would start our morning where we would study for two hours, then we would go out and talk and serve people teaching them about what we believe, for two years.
All around I had a good experience. Management was awesome the hard part was sometimes just not having any success during the day. The most enjoyable to was meeting and talking to so many different people in the Northern Nevada.
Pros
Talking to People, and meeting and making so many Friends
Cons
The Rejections
Incredible, life changing experience of preparation
Ecclesiastical minister- Missionary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 18, 2016
I loved my time that I spent as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I learned so many amazing life skills and feel far more prepared to face life challenges based on all I learned as a missionary. My service was 100% voluntary and I received no financial compensation for my 2 years of service (in fact, I paid to be on the mission), but I feel the investment of time was worth more than any amount of money could have replaced.
Great work environment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTJuly 12, 2016
Using a flavor of agile principles teams are organized by application and work on sprints to deliver enhancements or new functionality. Business partners work closely with the development teams and project managers to ensure software meets the business needs.

Great teams, talented developers, excellent work life balance.
The greatest experience ever
Fulltime Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, El SalvadorJune 25, 2016
This isn't a job where we get paid, it's volunteer work to help others where we are specifically needed to be to persistently share a message that helps gain people's faith and hope. Service is done 24/7 while on work and studying of the materials given are what we do to understand the teachings that are given to others.
Pros
Experience
Structured work environment. Most of the work was done on integrity and not micromanaged.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 30, 2016
On a typical day I would walk around and would talk to a variety of people from all different cultures and backgrounds. When talking to these people I would have to answer various questions that they had and respond to concerns that they had. It helped me to develope my communication skills and my ability to communicate with various cultures without offending them. The most enjoyable part for me became the people that I talked to. I really enjoyed getting to talk to people and see what they thought about the things I was speaking of and challenging myself to answer the questions that everyone had.
Translator
American Sign Language Translator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2016
My job to translator American Sign Language from English in video.

I have learned how to translator and preparing to sign before record the video.

The co-worker as all is contract workers that give a lot perspective with what is best way to sign.

The hardest part is to have too many coach contract.

Most enjoyable is to with co worker and opening mind to discussing about the right way to sign.
Pros
pay well contract.
Cons
No full time job offer.
The best company/religion in the world!
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 5, 2016
I had the best experience of my life in gaining true, lasting happiness! This came as I devoted myself to serving this mission and losing myself in it's work. I learned valuable and irreplaceable skills and experiences. Nothing compares!
Pros
Skill development, temporal needs met
Cons
Requires all your heart, mind and strength (if that is a con...)
i was a full time missionary, as a member of the church i voluneered to serve a two year non-paid mission
Missionary Trainer (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 4, 2016
its amazing, its hard work , but nothing is more rewarding in this life. ive learn so much being a missionary. basically i share my beliefs with others inviting them to act on there faith in Jesus Christ and to see if the Restored Gospel is true.
Pros
it brings you closer to God, put things into perspective. greater peace
Cons
its only lasts for two years.
Friendly work culture with a great work/life balance
Web Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTMay 3, 2016
Each day there is typically a standup meeting to report your progress, occasional meetings throughout the week. Inspirational devotional once a week usually with food. Optional trainings held each week with food incentives. Cafeteria on first floor. Great co-workers!
I am a member of the LDS where I have learned discipline and values.
Teacher's Quorum Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 8, 2016
The LDS church is a religious organization. I do not received monetary compensation in my volunteer jobs or callings. But learned service to the community. And learned about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We don't have a CEO but a Bishop.
None profit church volunteer work.
Young Men President (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 26, 2016
I get to teach an eager group of young menages 12 through 18, I and two other counselors, counsel the youth. We make fund activities for the youth, and prepare classes for the young men every Sunday.
Pros
Get teach the future of the church.
Cons
It is tough to deal with teens
Work Summary
Missionary-Washington D.C. North Mission (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 4, 2016
As a missionary I worked a long side many other faiths to better the community as well as provide many hours of community service. I developed better as a person as I grew to favor hard work, service and teaching people from many different backgrounds, faiths, cultures, and environments.
Great work enviroment
Production Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 20, 2016
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a good place to work. I have great opportunities to grow and learn in many different settings. I have had great coworkers that have made it enjoyable to go to work each day. Good benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Slow to advance
Very productive
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, ILFebruary 9, 2016
Typical work day included daily planing for meeting in that day, driving and a lot of walking. Meeting strangers and talking with people we had visited before. And making follow up appointments.
Learned a lot about time management, and maintaining appointment books. co workers were helpful and friendly.
Hardest part was getting the hang of how things were done but you catch on pretty fast.
I really loved this place
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2016
Typical work day was talking to people, teaching people, doing service for people. I liked being able to help people. I learned how to manage time effectively, work smarter, I learned how to communicate very well with others. Met amazing people.
Pros
Free Lunches and Dinners
Cons
We were a productive group who knew how to have fun together.
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 20, 2016
My responsibilities included but where not limited to managing the work load, maintaining a budget of 2.7 million dollars,maintaining an inventory of over $500,000 of needed supplies, worked with outside contractors on special projects, and coaching team members to reach their highest potential.
Pros
I worked with a great group of guys.
Cons
It was difficult separating religion from employment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8