The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place much to see and do
Missionary (Former Employee), Chicago, IllinoisJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Friendships
Cons: Moving from a work area to another
Everyday preparation to learn how to teach talk and serve. our organisation was simple we always had someone to report to and everyone was willing to learn and grow. One of the hardest job in the field was to delete records and the best was to send new member records to the headquarters.
N/A Volunteer experience.
Volunteer missionary service (Former Employee), N/AJuly 23, 2015
N/A Volunteer experience. N/A Volunteer experience. N/A Volunteer experience. N/A Volunteer experience. N/A Volunteer experience. N/A Volunteer experience. N/A Volunteer experience. N/A Volunteer experience. N/A Volunteer experience.
Meaningful work and friendly enviorment.
Missionary (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 22, 2015
Study 4 hours every morning, make phone calls several time throughout the day, set appointments, answer the phone, update and file away records.
Productive and fun enviorment to work in
Missionary (Former Employee), Provo, UTJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, housing, fun teams to work with, and was not paid
Cons: short breaks
A typical day would be to wake up at 6:30am do a personal study of the scriptures. Then at 8am we could jump on the chat rooms and talk with people about their questions they had in the church. And if it went anywhere, we would schedule a time to skype them and teach them even more.
Full-time missionary
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee), GeorgiaJuly 9, 2015
I had the chance to go minister and had many opportunities to do service. I had a great time doing this volunteer work. I was in 5 different cities in the north east part of Georgia.
Always great to serve in church
Visiting Teacher Coordinator (Current Employee), Plantation, FLJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Great learning environment
At church members are given many opportunites to improve our public speaking skills and learn to cooperate with others.
Volunteer
fulltime volunteer missionary (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 27, 2015
Pros: new friends
Cons: being away from family for 2 years
Volunteer minister for the church of Jesus Christ of latter day saints.

Finding new church members

Growing the faith of members
Best to years
FULL TIME MISSIONARY (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 24, 2015
Pros: get to know different places
Cons: 1 day off
I was a missionary for two years, this was the time were I learned the most related to talk with people and be a help instead of not helping them. I lost my fear to talk in public and also developed really good management skills
Awesome Experience
Missionary (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
Serving as a missionary was one of the most rewarding times in my life. Being able to help others to better their lives and make new friends was a wonderful experience.
Great two years of service
Missionary (Minister) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 19, 2015
Everday you wake, study, and then go find people to help in any way. Be that teaching, or any other service opportunity you can find.
Great Employer
Product Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 14, 2015
Great employer with tons of divisions and missions. Easy to find a place to contribute with lots of growth opportunities.
Meaningful service and teaching opportunities, providing spiritual, mental, and emotional growth
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJune 12, 2015
Pros: Different people every day, varied schedules activities, self planned, emotionally satisfying
Cons: No cons
During my time as a volunteer missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I learned many skills. These skills include, but are not limited to, scheduling, planning, organizing, teaching, leadership, team-building, and training. Though I was not paid, I definitely did a LOT of hard work. Each day of work (7 days a week) began at 6:30am with a rigorous schedule of exercise, planning, – more... practice teaching, and studying for 3.5 hours. The rest of the day until 10:30pm was filled with teaching, door-to-door contacting, service (raking leaves, moving furniture, cleaning, etc.), training meetings, and other meaningful activities and appointments. The hardest part of this experience was that it was physically taxing. It was amazing and made me so happy, but it made me so tired every day. The most enjoyable thing was getting to talk to all sorts of people, help them with whatever they needed, and provide them messages of hope and comfort during difficult times. – less
Great people and great vision
Director (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityJune 11, 2015
Pros: Great people, cutting edge of technology, great benefits
Cons: Stifling conservative dress code
If you are a member of the Church, then you'll love working here. The only drawback is the conservative dress code. Other than that, it's terrific.
Amazing, life changing experience
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 11, 2015
I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We didn't get paid for our service, but we dedicated our time to serving those around us, and teaching them principles from our church that could make their lives better. This opportunity allowed me to learn how to be selfless, and to make service a huge part of my life.
Best 2 years
Full-time Service Missionary (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2015
The hardest most rewarding 2 years of work of your life. You get to do amazing things and get to teach and help amazing people. There are good days and bad days but the good days far outshine and are worth the bad days.
Amazing!
Missionary (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJune 10, 2015
Pros: Service!
This is a voluntary thing, so the only people who do it, and finish, are the ones that really wanted to. So I can't really say anything negative about this.
Very fun place to work
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee), LagosJune 8, 2015
Pros: medical bills, and luch times
Cons: short breakes
I inspect housing facilities, by driving round for inspections.take inventories of items, report and measure taken to resolve problems

. I have learnt so many things, leadership skills, communication and negotiation skills.

My co-workers are fun to be with, willing ready to assist to help you get the job done.

The hardest part is been to travel every week.

Inspections and supervision.
Great rewarding culture
Public Service Representative (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDJune 3, 2015
Pros: room and board
Cons: All volunteer, pay your own way
Awesome experience, Best time of my life and best job too.

Work day starts with 2 hours of study at 8am
Proselyting/ service 10am-9pm w/ hour breaks for lunch and dinner
Held 2 management positions (district leader and zone leader) both were challenging yet fun
Hardest part was living with a fellow coworker 24/7 and having to stay within sight and hearing of each other
Best part was seeing lives change
My Mission
Ward Mission Leader (Current Employee), Pocatello, IDJune 1, 2015
This was a service opportunity for my church. It was an amazing experience for me. Any further information would have to be obtained by serving for yourself. It is a very personal experience.
Nursery with 18 month to 3 year olds
Church nursery worker (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 28, 2015
Pros: positive environment
Cons: not enough adults
I only do this job 2 hours on Sundays with my church. It is purely volunteer oriented, so the pay is receiving joy from anywhere from 10-15 children. A typical day here entails planning a lesson, bringing snacks, setting up (making sure facility is germ free), doing singing time, and ensuring the children have their needs taken care of. My co-workers are volunteers as well. We rotate the responsibilities – more... listed above every week. The hardest part of this job is when there aren't as many nursery workers that you would need to care for o many little ones. It gets a little difficult keeping an eye on them all when your number of adults is just 2 or 3 but it is still a very accomplishable task. The most enjoyable part is of course being around the children. They're really entertaining and a lot of the time they end up teaching me lessons need to learn. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Salaries

$40,000 per year

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos

takrdi
kampala
Share the faith with others