The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews in United States

The Best Thing to Do
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 25, 2016
A mission isn't a job. It is dedication to trying to help people. Similar to customer service jobs though, we dealt with angry people, we tried to help others as best we could and we reported how things went every other day to our leaders. Co-workers were awesome and friendly, management worked with you and you learned every day. The hardest part of the job was going out and knocking on doors. The most enjoyable was talking to people who were interested. I learned out there how important it is to love others and treat them with respect.
Pros
They take care of you
Cons
You do this all the time
I got to live in Jamaica and the Bahamas and tell people I love about a message that I loved.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  May Pen, JamaicaAugust 22, 2016
I'm going to be completely honest, if I could do this again I would. Just to let people know this isn't actually a job it was volunteer work for my church. So don't get any ideas.
Pros
Learned how to budget
Cons
Had to leave eventually
Spiritual
Personal Secretary (Former Employee) –  Central AmericaAugust 19, 2016
It was a fun experience. Good place to work.
Answering phones all day for my boss. Scheduling his meetings and interviews. Bringing him his lunch in a timely manner
Great for Stay at Home Moms
Custodian in Special Projects Department (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 18, 2016
The night shifts work very well for moms who don't want to disrupt their children's schedules. The processes and training are great here, there is a specific way to accomplish all the tasks, which help to keep everyone on the same page in all of our buildings. The only thing I dislike is the fact that a part time employee may not request days off unless they are earned over a period of time. This makes it difficult to get family time off. I would do a few things differently as a Supervisor in this job to help with moral. Right now there are people so unhappy, they either call in or not show up. Your people are very important. If you don't take care of them, you have no one.
Pros
Great night shift schedule for stay at home moms
Cons
Time off allowed
Wonderful
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 15, 2016
Loved being a missionary, talked to people all day, helped people. went out visiting people from 10 to 9pm at night every single day for 18 months. the whole purpose was to bring people closer to Jesus Christ
An experience I wouldn't trade for anything.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  The PhilippinesAugust 10, 2016
It was a wonderful time to go out and share messages of hope and faith to the people and to learn from them. It was hard work but always worth it. Ive learned to be a better person because of my time here.
Excellent
Volunteer Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  England, UKAugust 10, 2016
Excellent working conditions. Management listens and responds to the needs of the employees. Great open door policy. Co-workers were great to work with and also very helpful.
Amazing mission
Voluntary Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2016
Very fun mission, you get to speak with many people from all over the world, helped with my customer service skills. made lots of new friends, get to see alot of cool places
Food Production is great and fun to work at.
Return Missionary (Former Employee) –  Maryland City, MDAugust 6, 2016
I am available to work from 4am-12:30pm and sometimes it would be during the afternoon and 7:00pm-3:00am. I enjoy getting to know all my co-workers and I'm willing to help to get the work progress faster as we all work together.
Pros
Free Lunch and get benefits
Cons
short break hours
worthwhile endeavor to volunteer
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  SofiaAugust 4, 2016
Going to Bulgaria was an amazing experience and taught me so many things. My eyes have been opened to a broader spectrum. Even still, it's the people that I came to love the most. We worked every day with as few as ten people per day and as many as probably one hundred on average, though we never really counted one by one. I learned that it can be hard to deal with new circumstances and people every six weeks, but it is also quite rewarding.

This was also a self-supporting volunteer opportunity.
Pros
serving others daily, being outside in a different country, learning about new people and culture every day, sharing personal experiences, beliefs, thoughts and feelings
Cons
sometimes severe weather

Want to know more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints?

Ask a question
I loved it, the entire time.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 29, 2016
I loved it, the entire time. I learned so much, and I feel so much closer to God because of it. It makes me so, incredibly happy, and anyone can be a part of it. To learn more, visit Mormon.org. You will not regret it.
MIssionary
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTJuly 28, 2016
There is no greater opportunity to learn and grow in this very rewarding calling. Everyday you are out there doing service to anyone who needs it, translating, learning for about yourself, your abilities, and strengthening your weaknesses. This is just beyond rewarding.
Committed people to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityJuly 21, 2016
Working in this capacity is an honor for members of the Church. While really a 7/24 job it is amazing to work with so many wonderful young people. They come from all different places and different walks of life. They are not allowed to call their parents or family members but twice a year. My husband and I were responsible for their health and well being for their 18 months or 24 months that they were with us. It is a strenuous and intense experience
Pros
Blessings from heaven
Cons
Supervisor of operations and maintenance
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Salvador, CAJuly 17, 2016
I learned to work with very high quality standards.I worked with dedication for leaders of The Church in their building, clean, electricity, gardens was in good condition.
Great work environment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTJuly 12, 2016
Using a flavor of agile principles teams are organized by application and work on sprints to deliver enhancements or new functionality. Business partners work closely with the development teams and project managers to ensure software meets the business needs.

Great teams, talented developers, excellent work life balance.
Amazing
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 11, 2016
I am a member of this church and I can say that it is truly amazing to be able to give my service to it. I aways feel good when I am helping in some way, even if I didn't really want to get up and go.
An environment to learn and grow
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santiago ChileJuly 8, 2016
The time I spent as a full time missionary changed my life and helped me to learn the importance of dedication, diligence, and Leadership.

Everyday was something different because what we did involved talking with people in the streets and their homes.

The hardest part of the job was facing rejection; however, it helped me to understand and identify true interest and how to maintain a positive out look.

The part that I enjoyed more than any other of my time was the interaction with people and helping them to see what we offered as something beneficial to them.
Pros
Service
Fun
Piano Accompanist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 8, 2016
It's church what are you supposed to do? Say no? That's kind of a joke, when you get an opportunity to share your talents it's actually quite fun.
Pros
not going to the bad place
Great
Office Intern at the City Creek Project Offices (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 5, 2016
Great Experience awesome learning environment and very good coworkers.
Learned a lot about the day in day out of office work.
Fun to work with
MISSIONARY (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 4, 2016
you get to have another partner to work with and will help you to improve your skills and life as well as teach you knew things that can help you outside of work
Pros
you can choose where to work in the area you are given

4.8