The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews in United States

Committed people to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mexico CityJuly 21, 2016
Working in this capacity is an honor for members of the Church. While really a 7/24 job it is amazing to work with so many wonderful young people. They come from all different places and different walks of life. They are not allowed to call their parents or family members but twice a year. My husband and I were responsible for their health and well being for their 18 months or 24 months that they were with us. It is a strenuous and intense experience
Pros
Blessings from heaven
Cons
Supervisor of operations and maintenance
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Salvador, CAJuly 17, 2016
I learned to work with very high quality standards.I worked with dedication for leaders of The Church in their building, clean, electricity, gardens was in good condition.
Great work environment
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Riverton, UTJuly 12, 2016
Using a flavor of agile principles teams are organized by application and work on sprints to deliver enhancements or new functionality. Business partners work closely with the development teams and project managers to ensure software meets the business needs.

Great teams, talented developers, excellent work life balance.
Amazing
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 11, 2016
I am a member of this church and I can say that it is truly amazing to be able to give my service to it. I aways feel good when I am helping in some way, even if I didn't really want to get up and go.
An environment to learn and grow
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santiago ChileJuly 8, 2016
The time I spent as a full time missionary changed my life and helped me to learn the importance of dedication, diligence, and Leadership.

Everyday was something different because what we did involved talking with people in the streets and their homes.

The hardest part of the job was facing rejection; however, it helped me to understand and identify true interest and how to maintain a positive out look.

The part that I enjoyed more than any other of my time was the interaction with people and helping them to see what we offered as something beneficial to them.
Pros
Service
Fun
Piano Accompanist (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 8, 2016
It's church what are you supposed to do? Say no? That's kind of a joke, when you get an opportunity to share your talents it's actually quite fun.
Pros
not going to the bad place
Great
Office Intern at the City Creek Project Offices (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 5, 2016
Great Experience awesome learning environment and very good coworkers.
Learned a lot about the day in day out of office work.
Fun to work with
MISSIONARY (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 4, 2016
you get to have another partner to work with and will help you to improve your skills and life as well as teach you knew things that can help you outside of work
Pros
you can choose where to work in the area you are given
Cons
None profit church volunteer work.
Young Men President (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 26, 2016
I get to teach an eager group of young menages 12 through 18, I and two other counselors, counsel the youth. We make fund activities for the youth, and prepare classes for the young men every Sunday.
Pros
Get teach the future of the church.
Cons
It is tough to deal with teens
The greatest experience ever
Fulltime Missionary (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, El SalvadorJune 25, 2016
This isn't a job where we get paid, it's volunteer work to help others where we are specifically needed to be to persistently share a message that helps gain people's faith and hope. Service is done 24/7 while on work and studying of the materials given are what we do to understand the teachings that are given to others.
Pros
Experience
Many Opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 20, 2016
I have had the opportunity to work in many positions over the last 40 years and I'm fortunate that I have enjoyed every job I have ever had. Mostly I enjoyed being in charge, (managing) and creative thinking. I've had hundreds of challenges and successes in my carrier. Retired last year, and I'm feeling l need something more.
I need something to do that will keep me active and/or around people.
Pros
I had the opportunity to run my own companies.
Cons
The company does not give very generous vacation hours.
I am a member of the LDS where I have learned discipline and values.
Teacher's Quorum Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 8, 2016
The LDS church is a religious organization. I do not received monetary compensation in my volunteer jobs or callings. But learned service to the community. And learned about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We don't have a CEO but a Bishop.
Excellent opportunity
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 26, 2016
Each day brought new opportunities and challenges to the work and team. But through collaboration and diligence we were able to see success and have a lot of fun while doing it.
2 year service mission
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMay 16, 2016
this was a 2 year service mission. A typical day consisted of teaching people about what I believe. I learned how to teach in an effective manner. There wasn't really any management. Loved everyone i worked with. Hardest part was trying to find new people to teach and the most enjoyable part was meeting new people and learning about them.
Pros
Being outside everyday
Cons
not being able to find people to teach.
Great learning experience
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 13, 2016
Well-balanced work and service opportunities. Regular training and mentoring by the mission president and leaders.
Pros
Full immersion into the world, holistic learning
Cons
Limited contact with family and recreational activities
Absolutely Loved it!!!! :)
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 11, 2016
Nothing bad about them. Everything is perfect. Perfect company to work for! Great people, you get to meet a lot of different cool people.
Pros
Great environment. Great people!
Best 2 years for my life
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  rancho cucamunga, CaliforniaMay 11, 2016
Learned a lot. busy at all times, learned a lot about myself, people, how to plan for things (both personal, and professional) super organized. Amazing people.
Amazing experience
Missionary Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 3, 2016
we would start our morning where we would study for two hours, then we would go out and talk and serve people teaching them about what we believe, for two years.
All around I had a good experience. Management was awesome the hard part was sometimes just not having any success during the day. The most enjoyable to was meeting and talking to so many different people in the Northern Nevada.
Pros
Talking to People, and meeting and making so many Friends
Cons
The Rejections
Friendly work culture with a great work/life balance
Web Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTMay 3, 2016
Each day there is typically a standup meeting to report your progress, occasional meetings throughout the week. Inspirational devotional once a week usually with food. Optional trainings held each week with food incentives. Cafeteria on first floor. Great co-workers!
Russian Missionary Experience
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Сибирский федеральный округMay 2, 2016
Hard work; 40+ hours a week. Talking and meeting with various types of people, while preparing lessons, teaching, and learning Russian everyday--for two years.

4.7