The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews

Enjoyed but would not go back
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 16, 2015
We would have to take a lot of breaks due to too many workers. Hardest part was trying to supervise them all without there being push back. Most enjoyable was talking with customers. I learned patience and how to work well with others.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to grow personally and spiritually
Church Representative (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 12, 2015
This is a great volunteer experience to grow personally, spiritually, and professionally, as well as sharpen communication skills.
enjoyable, Best 2 years of my life, We had been led by inspired and sober leaders
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 6, 2015
In a typical day we would wake up 620 am and work out, 7-8 prep for the day and eat breakfast. 8-10 am study: The Book of Mormon, Bible and prep for that days lessons. 11 am lunch. 12-9 pm Appointments for the day, proselyting and dinner. 9-930 daily accountability. 930-1030 prep for bed and retire to bed.

I learned a lot on how to effectively work with others in a wide variety of situations. I learned how to work with the same person 24/7 on a 6-12 week time line.

Management was great non of them had been payed all volunteer. I served in some of the leadership. truly a humbling experience. It took prayer, attention to detail and getting to know the people I was serving in a way I could better help them.

My co-workers where great we where all there for the same purpose and, same goal's in mind and willing to help each other in our different areas and situations. This we did on a small scale once a week. on a medium scale once a month and on a larger scale once every quarter.

The hardest part was helping others act on things they professed to believe.

The most enjoyable part was to see others begin to understand what it was we had been teaching and being acting on things they new to be true.
Pros
It is somthing I love and belive in.
Cons
I was only able to serve for 2 years
Hard work, but rewarding
Full-time Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 3, 2015
It was very rewarding meeting new people and seeing their lives change with your help. It was hard because we got rejected very often.
Pros
Hard work and seeing people change
Cons
Lots of Rejection
best place to work
Building Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 3, 2015
Wonder full place to work here. Clean and peaceful environment no complaints if i need pull some thing out. only reason i ready quit to find job in my feild
Missionary Service
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 2, 2015
Served for two years as a missionary in Connecticut and Rhode Island. The last six months I assisted in fleet management for 30 to 40 vehicles, apartment management, and getting supplies to missionaries throughout the area.
Young Woman's President
Young Woman's President (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INNovember 2, 2015
I am the President to the Young Woman's organization in our church.
I teach and lead young woman 12-18 years old.
I work on annual budgets and organize meetings.
Pros
Spritually blessed
Cons
No cons
Loving and inspiring
Missionary/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2015
All those that you work with you become close with, and you gain long-lasting relationships. You learn about how to help and uplift others, and are willing to put your own personal interests aside to help the interests of those that you meet.
Great Atmosphere and Purpose
IT Product Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTOctober 23, 2015
I enjoyed working with the LDS Church. Nothing negative to say about it. I wish they had offices in other states. Managers are great to lean from and I was given opportunities to do some meaningful work.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
None really
Very purpose driven. that is very loving environment to work at.
MISSIONARY (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IowaOctober 14, 2015
awesome place to be at. nothing like it in the world. being a missionary was the best experience that i ever had in my life.
Pros
Get a work car.
Cons
Long hours.
Fun and challenging.
Sister Training Leader (Former Employee) –  Jamaica and BahamasOctober 8, 2015
Working with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, was voluntary work (not paid). Lots of experiences in interacting with others and being a leader. Our days are always planned the night before. We basically would go throughout each day meeting with individuals who had a time set to see us. We usually work two by two and we work well with each other despite different personalities, in fact we learn how to work as a team to accomplish our work.
Cons
Lunch break. Dinner break
Amazing
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 7, 2015
It was amazing to dedicate all of my time and energy to serving the Lord Jesus Christ. A typical day was spent going to meetings to learn how to improve, studying the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and then sharing that with others.
Missionary
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 2, 2015
As a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I was able to understand the Gospel in a whole new light.
Great Opportunity
Missionary- (Former Employee) –  Lima, Peru and Santa Cruz, BoliviaSeptember 25, 2015
This is a great opportunity for you to get out and see the world, help people, and learn responsibility. They take great care of you and help you set yourself for great opportunities in life.
Job satisfaction
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Being a missionary can be difficult, but is highly rewarding even though you do not receive compensation. Some of the greatest experiences of my life.
Pros
Satisfaction of helping people make life changes.
Overall a great place to work with a few kinks in the system
Custodial Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahSeptember 7, 2015
Working for the LDS Church for so long has been great! It is awesome to meet such a diverse group of people! I have had many opportunities to advance to higher positions and I am constantly learning something new. However, the management in Custodial is not consistent and they do not handle every situation fairly.
This was a period of service without monitary compensation.
Mission to Italy (Former Employee) –  Several cities in ItalySeptember 7, 2015
We would have a study period in the morning, then go out to meet and teach people about the things that Jesus Christ has done for us to make our lives more happy and enjoyable. We had to learn the language on the job. It was difficult at first but became easier with time. I still have a thick American accent. The Italian children enjoyed hearing me talk. Their parents were happy to help us learn the language. They were glad that we weren't like tourists that expected them to know English.
Pros
Many new friends for life
Cons
It was sad to leave when my mission was over.
Productive, Positive, Progression,Diligence, Spiritual,Disciplined, Teacher Testimony Building, Many Friendships.
LDS Missionary (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 4, 2015
As a Missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, I had never experienced anything such like serving as a full time missionary before. Serving a Mission was the hardest thing I have ever LOVED doing. It has benefited my life for the best, I think about it daily. Every single day I learned great discipline, Love for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for every single one of his children here on this earth. My conversion to Christ has become strengthened! While on my mission, I taught people every single day about Christ and His infinite Atonement, I helped them find their very own relationship with God and His son Jesus Christ! I got to see these people change from the inside out. Some days we would go from door to door trying to find more people to teach regardless if they had already heard some of the things that we have taught before, I know that they needed to hear more of it and how they could have their families for eternity! I was able to spread the happiest message of them all, letting them know that the Savior of the world Lives, and he has called a living Prophet and 12 Apostles to spread this glad tiding! There wasn't a day for those 18 months, that I didn't go outside and walk miles, talk to hundreds of people, just to find that one person that would let us in their door to listen and become converted. I am so grateful for this experience, it gives me daily progression and positive change in my life. I will use everything I learned from this experience daily and forever remember that I am a representative of Jesus Christ and a member of His church  more... here on the earth.  less
Pros
Hard work, Discipline, Personality growth, and a Love for positive change
Cons
Nothing. I do not regret one day of my mission.
Great company to work for
Supervisor III (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTSeptember 2, 2015
The LDS Church is a great company to work for. Good balance between home and work life. Challenging environment to improve processes and procedure and gain efficiencies in work.
Pros
Excellent benefits/retirement
Cons
Not enough opportunity for growth in management
Full time missionary/volunteer
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAAugust 28, 2015
I would talk to people about my beliefs a lot and try to help better their lives. I grew a lot as a person and learned more about what people care about and how to help them as a result of serving a mission.

4.8