The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews

Best Place to Grow Yourself
Volunteer Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDFebruary 27, 2015
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints places a great emphasis on helping individuals to grow and become more. Every work assignment has an opportunity for the employee to learn or refine a new skill.
GREAT
Missionary (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 26, 2015
This was a great company to work for. you help people and are blessed. I enjoyed everyday I was there. The church provided everything that we needed to be successful
Awesome workplace
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 19, 2015
LDS church is a great place to work for. It's very family oriented and it's beneficial for women to work for this organization as they can combine both having a career and raising children.
Loved my co-workers
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: co-workers were awesome to work with
Cons: its just another buisness with too many politics.
I loved this job, but then they hired a manager that didn't like my gender in the department. I took it to HR, but they refused to take my complaint.

I worked hard, but loved my job and co-workers at the printing division.
Rock and a hard place
Japanese Language Evaluator (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 11, 2015
The work is often grueling because of its repetitive nature and shear bodom causing humdumness. However, it pays decent, with regular raises, and has a completely liquid schedule that you can modify based off your needs. The hours are few, but you wouldn't want to work more than that anyways. Great way to pick up extra cash.
A very good working environment.
Security Guard (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: i work where i attend church.
Cons: weather can be difficult sometimes.
The position calls for maintaining a positive and pleasant demeanor in order to add to the patrons spiritual experience. I enjoy that atmosphere while knowing that we are trained to handle issues with the general public that intrude on the property. We maintain both static and roaming posts and are required to wave at any person who enters the grounds of the facility. First-aid training is ongoing. I enjoy working for the church.
Best time of my life
LDS Missionary (Former Employee), GeorgiaFebruary 10, 2015
This isn't really a job, it is a volunteer effort with no pay but never ending benefits. In this there is a lot expected from you but nothing forced upon you. The hardest time is when nobody wants to listen to what you have to say but the most rewarding is when you see a friend you know change their lives
Church
Volunteer youth leader (Current Employee), 2670 56th Street Southwest Wyoming, MIJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: wonderful environment
Cons: not paid
I volunteer as a youth leader in my church. I love it so much and I never want to stop doing it. I get to work with girls ages 12-18. I help plan activities, carry out events, teach about various topics, and I sometimes act as a support net for the girls going through tough times.
Loved serving my country
Financial Accountant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: serving country
Cons: management was awful
Loved serving my country, this was always my lifetime dream. Bad management ruined my desire to stay in Navy. Could not work under my last company commander so I resigned.
A Wonderful Experience
Missionary (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 26, 2015
A day starts with 3 hours of studying and planning for those we were to teach. Then we would teach people and help them progress. If there was an empty spots in our day, it would be filled finding or help those in need. It was an experience I would not give up nor forget.
Decent environment
Production Assistant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 22, 2015
So long as you get your work done, you are pretty much left to your own devices. Management are really good people and correct problems as soon as they recognize them. The Human Resources department, on the other hand, has a problem with trust. It seems like they don't trust a lot of people or departments other than their own and, as such, a lot of the employees feel like they can't trust them.
Long hard productive days
Volunteer at the Bishops Store House (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJanuary 16, 2015
Keeps you on your feet and working with costumers. Had to have a passion for working with others
Working in the temple is a wonderful place to be serving wonderful people.
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 9, 2015
The wonderful people in the temple. It was great to prepare the food for the people who came to the cafeteria to eat there lunch or dinner meals. After the wonderful people eat there meal I also wash the dishes and the pot pans, Clean the kitchen up after we cook the different meals for the temple workers and people come to the temple to do temple work.
Good work environment with opportunities for growth.
Custodian (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great co-workers.
Cons: hr policies hold employees back.
It is a good job where hard work is encouraged and opportunities for growth present themselves often. The leaders will do a lot to help you. The only difficult part of the job is that it isn't consistent every day. The best part of the job is the people that you work with are incredible and the friendships that are quickly formed.
Excellent volunteering opportunity to learn leadership, study skills, work ethic, and character
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), CADecember 27, 2014
Pros: prepaid housing, good environment
Cons: 90+ hours of work weekly
Our days consisted of following a schedule that encouraged personal growth. This included exercise, studying materials, and personal contacting. Getting creative was difficult, but the resulting happiness compensated immensely.
brought people to Christ
Volunteer Representative (Missionary) (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 24, 2014
Pros: a focus on the savior
Looked for, and taught, people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Talked to members and others for help.
The Best Experience of my Life
Church Volunteer/Missionary (Former Employee), BrazilDecember 6, 2014
Serving a Mission for the LDS Church was the best decision I ever made. Serving Christ every day brought me more joy than I had ever realized I was capable of feeling. "When ye are in the service of your fellow beings, ye are only in the service of your God."
productive and encouraging work place.
Volunteer (Former Employee), Riverside, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: occasional free lunches
Cons: none really
When a volunteer job is planned it is very encouraging to work with others your age and meet new people. I learned different skills about different positions in a department store.
Excellent.
Missionary (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 28, 2014
Pros: grow as a person, and influence others for good.
Cons: stressful
My mission was a great experience. I was able to develop more people skills as well as productive planning. We talked to as many people as we could, teaching about our Church, and would always be working alongside someone. Sometimes it was stressful when my coworker might disagree with me or the people we met weren't interested in listening, but I was able to learn Patience, Diligence, and Understanding with specific situations. The work was very rewarding, especially since it was Service work.
Great opportunity
Missionary (Former Employee), EnglandNovember 28, 2014
This had to be the hardest and the best time of my life. The type of work was hard and demanding daily. The type of people that I talked to on a daily basis were from all walks of life and had many different understandings of who or what God was. I would like to do it again.

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Salaries

$15.00 per hour

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos

takrdi
kampala
Share the faith with others