The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employer Reviews

bad company to work for
Maintenance / Master Journeyman (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2014
Cons: all of the above
owner is a thief to his customers and employees. Everything he claims to be in all of his company he is the opposite.
Volunteer as a missionary, rendering service to the communities surrounding Roseville California.
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great life experience.
I served as a volunteer missionary in Roseville, California and the surrounding areas. I was a ordained minister for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for my 2 years service. I was able to proselyte for the Church. As well I was able to perform community service throughout my 2 year service. Being a missionary involved 24/7 service. A – more... standard proselyting day consisted of starting the day at 6:30am and studying, planning, proselyting and doing community service. Missionaries are required to do extensive planning both daily and weekly. As a missionary we were assigned various companions over varied periods of time. We lived with, and worked with those we were paired with and we were required to be together 24/7. I learned how to effectively plan, how to work hard and how to be of service to people around me. – less
This was fun for a little while
Architect (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2014
This was an interesting job for a while. For some reason beyond me I was placed in a position doing things I had no very little training in or interest in. A lot of great people here along with good benefits. This organization is interested in improving it's people.
Fun and hard working job
Volunteer Work/Community Service (Former Employee), Salt lake City, UtahMarch 10, 2014
This job worked us well and gave us a great feel of accomplishment for the days work.
24/7, Dedicated service
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 4, 2014
Pros: structured environment
Cons: on call 24/7
A typical day of work consisted of arising at 6:30 am, preparing for the day, proselyting and serving from 10 am to 9 pm. Taking an hour for both lunch and dinner. Updating records daily from 9:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Then retiring to bed at 10:30 pm. Management and Co worker were for the most part friendly. The hardest part of the job was finding people – more... interested in our proselyting. The most enjoyable part was being able to help people. – less
Awesome, it was great
Full Time Representative (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKFebruary 26, 2014
Awesome. I loved serving my mission. It was the best thing I have ever done
Cleaner (Current Employee), BlantyreFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: no free lunch!, i have learnt not to give myself a break for lunch when i am working
Cons: no short breaks
My typical day at work begins with a personal prayer, followed by warming up and getting dressed for the work to begin.
while i have my earphones on listening to the radio especially BBC in order to listen to the world affairs of the day. The work begins.
I have learned that when i am at work i have to put aside all my personal pursuits or challenges – more... and put all my concentration on the work, then i produce satisfactory results.
the hardest part of the job is when i see food in the fridge of missionaries yet my house has no food and i cant do anything about it. the other hard part is to work under close supervision of my bosses, makes me feel like they are judging my performance right away.
the most fun part is when i work alone in the house in the absence of my boss where i can move around freely and sometimes relax on the couch as if i own the house! – less
Sorry this is all I can tell you
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), From home,February 18, 2014
Pros: satisfaction in helping others to have a better lifestyle
Cons: sadly, i am unable to help everyone who needs employment.
I work from home, but do meet needy people at church as well.
I'm sorry , this as all I can tell you at this time....
Best Two years of my life
Humanitarian Service, Volunteer (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 17, 2014
Door to Door religious work and helping people via volunteer work
Great
Missionary (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 14, 2014
knock on doors, teach people, learn to live with people, learned how to love others better, co-workers were good for the most part some hard working others not, hardest part was seeing people reject us, most enjoyable part was seeing peoples life change for the better
Life Changing Experience
Dish washer (Former Employee), Defuniak Springs, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: teaches you leadership, organization skills, schedule, and to deal with difficult people
Cons: only 2 years
Every day started out waking up at 6 in the morning. Start with a prayer and then go for a run. Your day was very much structured and schedule based. You go out dressed in a formal suit and knock on doors. Those who answer you open your mouth and talk. No matter what you always talked with those around you.
Missionary
Missionary (Former Employee), Lodi, CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: the opportunity to meet new people and to learn from experiences
Cons: to short of a calling
I served a mission for the church. I taught people the gospel.
Missionary
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.December 10, 2013
Pros: worked with lots of great people
• Served as a volunteer for 24 months in Washington D.C.
• Trained other volunteers in the same field
• Lived and served with others from all types of cultural backgrounds
I entered this since many ask why I was gone for two years
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 10, 2013
I served a mission for my church in Minnesota. I tought a lot of people but not unless they asked my first.
Rewarding by helping those in need to advance to a better life.
Coordinator / Counselor / Volunteer (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 25, 2013
Pros: i always have opportunities to serve and grow.
Cons: the only downside is sometimes serving those who are ungrateful. however, serving people no matter what their attitude is has proven to be a growing experience since 1986.
This volunteering has been an adult endeavor to improve the quality of lives of others. The ability to serve without compensation has brought much joy to my life. I have learned to accept responsibilities that I have not always felt prepared for and then learned to grow into a great leader. Those whom I serve with have been extremely philanthropical – more... as well. The hardest part of the job is finding balance. There are always those in need. I love to get outside of myself and do things for others. – less
I enjoyed most every day of my nine years with the company
Senior Assistant Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 7, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: promotional disparities
Clear sop's and goal oriented leadership. Excellent benefits and rewarding job assignments that led to further training and education.
Good working environment, friendly people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 29, 2013
Pros: good working environment, treated fairly, good people
Cons: no cons
I was able to go on-line and get advanced training in Microsoft Office programs during my spare time. This was a huge advantage as I was able to provide assistance to my peers and supervisors.
Missionary Service
Representative - Volunteer (Former Employee), Utica, NYOctober 24, 2013
The church provides young men and women the chance to get out and teach others about their religious convictions. This provides the missionaries opportunities to learn valuable life skills in communication, teaching, planning, goal setting, and working hard.
Full Time Missionary
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 24, 2013
For two years, for 24 hours a day 7 days a week I proselyted as a missionary.
Great working conditions with trustworthy co-workers.
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: sheltered and quiet work place.
Cons: only one half hour lunch brek.
Unfortunately job was low paying and the hourly rate was not disclosed to me prior to my first day. I knew it was temporary so I accepted it as an opportunity to get some experience and work for my church.

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos