The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews in United States

Translator
American Sign Language Translator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2016
My job to translator American Sign Language from English in video.

I have learned how to translator and preparing to sign before record the video.

The co-worker as all is contract workers that give a lot perspective with what is best way to sign.

The hardest part is to have too many coach contract.

Most enjoyable is to with co worker and opening mind to discussing about the right way to sign.
Pros
pay well contract.
Cons
No full time job offer.
i was a full time missionary, as a member of the church i voluneered to serve a two year non-paid mission
Missionary Trainer (Former Employee) –  LouisianaMarch 4, 2016
its amazing, its hard work , but nothing is more rewarding in this life. ive learn so much being a missionary. basically i share my beliefs with others inviting them to act on there faith in Jesus Christ and to see if the Restored Gospel is true.
Pros
it brings you closer to God, put things into perspective. greater peace
Cons
its only lasts for two years.
The best company/religion in the world!
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 5, 2016
I had the best experience of my life in gaining true, lasting happiness! This came as I devoted myself to serving this mission and losing myself in it's work. I learned valuable and irreplaceable skills and experiences. Nothing compares!
Pros
Skill development, temporal needs met
Cons
Requires all your heart, mind and strength (if that is a con...)
Demanding and very rewarding
Missionary (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 14, 2016
This volunteer service taught me time management, how to deal with stress, quick and effective decision making, and responsibility. I learned effective communication skills and learned how to teach to the needs of others.
I am a member of the LDS where I have learned discipline and values.
Teacher's Quorum Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 8, 2016
The LDS church is a religious organization. I do not received monetary compensation in my volunteer jobs or callings. But learned service to the community. And learned about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We don't have a CEO but a Bishop.
Productive and safe environment. Enjoyable coworkers and work.
Grounds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 6, 2016
While working for The LDS Grounds Crew I developed a true sense of teamwork and attention to detail. I was trained in the operation of carriage carts along with the operation of 40 and 60 foot aerial lifts. The daily routine was to walk the grounds and do a general check of garbage and facility upkeep. Then moving onto dead heading and cultivation of assigned flower bed. The rest of the day usually consisted of dressing the tree with christmas lights in preparation for winter.
Pros
Friendly work environment, team involved work
Cons
on latter up to 4 hour+ during the day
Being a Missionary was the best time of my life
Missionary (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2016
As a missionary I was able to discover who I really am. I lived a very strict schedule. We would wake up at 6:30 am every day to work out for one hour. Then we would get ready to study at 8:00 am for 3 hours. then we would go out not to come back until 9:00 pm. I was such an amazing experience. My favorite part was to meet people from all over to world and from all different religions. It was the hardest thing I have ever done and also the most rewarding. I served for 2 years with no pay. I actually paid to be there and I do not regret that decision.
Friendly work culture with a great work/life balance
Web Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTMay 3, 2016
Each day there is typically a standup meeting to report your progress, occasional meetings throughout the week. Inspirational devotional once a week usually with food. Optional trainings held each week with food incentives. Cafeteria on first floor. Great co-workers!
None profit church volunteer work.
Young Men President (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 26, 2016
I get to teach an eager group of young menages 12 through 18, I and two other counselors, counsel the youth. We make fund activities for the youth, and prepare classes for the young men every Sunday.
Pros
Get teach the future of the church.
Cons
It is tough to deal with teens
Full time position teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Full time mission (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 9, 2015
This service opportunity was one of the greatest learning opportunities I have ever had. Every aspect of our job required us to step outside of our comfort zone as we interacted with others. A normal day was waking up at 6:30 am to study until about 11. Then we proselyted full time or did community service projects until 9 pm with a one hour dinner break. It was difficult maintaining this schedule with no break or vacation for 2 years but it was so rewarding. The greatest part of the work was seeing peoples lives change for the better.
Pros
learning to get outside yourself and thing about the needs of others
Cons
no vacations, impolite people
Great work enviroment
Production Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 20, 2016
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a good place to work. I have great opportunities to grow and learn in many different settings. I have had great coworkers that have made it enjoyable to go to work each day. Good benefits.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Slow to advance
Great learning experience
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 13, 2016
Well-balanced work and service opportunities. Regular training and mentoring by the mission president and leaders.
Pros
Full immersion into the world, holistic learning
Cons
Limited contact with family and recreational activities
It was the best 2 years of my life
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2015
I was a missionary and we called that period of time or that specific 2 years a "Mission. My mission was great I learned spanish and I learned a lot about the spanish people, I was able to speak their language and serve them. I and my companion taught lessons, there were 5 lessons and at the end of those lessons people can make a decision to join the church or not, and they join the church by being baptized and it is the greatest joy is helping someone take off their burdens or mistakes.
Pros
I learned so much, I love it.
Cons
I dont get to see my family but it was worth it.
I really loved this place
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2016
Typical work day was talking to people, teaching people, doing service for people. I liked being able to help people. I learned how to manage time effectively, work smarter, I learned how to communicate very well with others. Met amazing people.
Pros
Free Lunches and Dinners
Fun to work with
MISSIONARY (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 4, 2016
you get to have another partner to work with and will help you to improve your skills and life as well as teach you knew things that can help you outside of work
Pros
you can choose where to work in the area you are given
Cons
Supervisor of operations and maintenance
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Salvador, CAJuly 17, 2016
I learned to work with very high quality standards.I worked with dedication for leaders of The Church in their building, clean, electricity, gardens was in good condition.
Fast paced, fun, educational environment
Web Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 2, 2016
Each intern is assigned a personal mentor who will assist them on their tasks/stories/bugs. As an intern you are given plenty of work and learning opportunities. Definitely a very fun and helpful experience!
best service work
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 25, 2016
i loved the time serving as an lds missionary, i spent time in houses, buildings and streets teaching about god. I learned to have communications skills in Spanish, english and Portuguese. I volunteered in many service projects.
The working environment is superb with many opportunities for variety.
Priesthood Department Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  SLC, UtahApril 21, 2016
I answer phone, support managers with calendaring and other tasks. Typing, filing, serve on committees and take minutes in executive meetings.
Church volunteer service
missionary (Former Employee) –  United states of AmericaApril 6, 2016
Went to US to a teacher/preacher. Meet people everyday and traveled many places to teach. Specially trained by an American to teach and help people to understand. Received a lot of awards and served in a leadership positions.
Pros
everything is free
Cons
two years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7