The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Awesome, it was great
Full Time Representative (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKFebruary 26, 2014
Awesome. I loved serving my mission. It was the best thing I have ever done
Cleaner (Current Employee), BlantyreFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: no free lunch!, i have learnt not to give myself a break for lunch when i am working
Cons: no short breaks
My typical day at work begins with a personal prayer, followed by warming up and getting dressed for the work to begin.
while i have my earphones on listening to the radio especially BBC in order to listen to the world affairs of the day. The work begins.
I have learned that when i am at work i have to put aside all my personal pursuits or challenges – more... and put all my concentration on the work, then i produce satisfactory results.
the hardest part of the job is when i see food in the fridge of missionaries yet my house has no food and i cant do anything about it. the other hard part is to work under close supervision of my bosses, makes me feel like they are judging my performance right away.
the most fun part is when i work alone in the house in the absence of my boss where i can move around freely and sometimes relax on the couch as if i own the house! – less
Sorry this is all I can tell you
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), From home,February 18, 2014
Pros: satisfaction in helping others to have a better lifestyle
Cons: sadly, i am unable to help everyone who needs employment.
I work from home, but do meet needy people at church as well.
I'm sorry , this as all I can tell you at this time....
Best Two years of my life
Humanitarian Service, Volunteer (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 17, 2014
Door to Door religious work and helping people via volunteer work
Great
Missionary (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 14, 2014
knock on doors, teach people, learn to live with people, learned how to love others better, co-workers were good for the most part some hard working others not, hardest part was seeing people reject us, most enjoyable part was seeing peoples life change for the better
Life Changing Experience
Dish washer (Former Employee), Defuniak Springs, FLJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: teaches you leadership, organization skills, schedule, and to deal with difficult people
Cons: only 2 years
Every day started out waking up at 6 in the morning. Start with a prayer and then go for a run. Your day was very much structured and schedule based. You go out dressed in a formal suit and knock on doors. Those who answer you open your mouth and talk. No matter what you always talked with those around you.
Missionary
Missionary (Former Employee), Lodi, CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: the opportunity to meet new people and to learn from experiences
Cons: to short of a calling
I served a mission for the church. I taught people the gospel.
Missionary
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.December 10, 2013
Pros: worked with lots of great people
• Served as a volunteer for 24 months in Washington D.C.
• Trained other volunteers in the same field
• Lived and served with others from all types of cultural backgrounds
I entered this since many ask why I was gone for two years
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 10, 2013
I served a mission for my church in Minnesota. I tought a lot of people but not unless they asked my first.
Rewarding by helping those in need to advance to a better life.
Coordinator / Counselor / Volunteer (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 25, 2013
Pros: i always have opportunities to serve and grow.
Cons: the only downside is sometimes serving those who are ungrateful. however, serving people no matter what their attitude is has proven to be a growing experience since 1986.
This volunteering has been an adult endeavor to improve the quality of lives of others. The ability to serve without compensation has brought much joy to my life. I have learned to accept responsibilities that I have not always felt prepared for and then learned to grow into a great leader. Those whom I serve with have been extremely philanthropical – more... as well. The hardest part of the job is finding balance. There are always those in need. I love to get outside of myself and do things for others. – less
I enjoyed most every day of my nine years with the company
Senior Assistant Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 7, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: promotional disparities
Clear sop's and goal oriented leadership. Excellent benefits and rewarding job assignments that led to further training and education.
Good working environment, friendly people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 29, 2013
Pros: good working environment, treated fairly, good people
Cons: no cons
I was able to go on-line and get advanced training in Microsoft Office programs during my spare time. This was a huge advantage as I was able to provide assistance to my peers and supervisors.
Missionary Service
Representative - Volunteer (Former Employee), Utica, NYOctober 24, 2013
The church provides young men and women the chance to get out and teach others about their religious convictions. This provides the missionaries opportunities to learn valuable life skills in communication, teaching, planning, goal setting, and working hard.
Full Time Missionary
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 24, 2013
For two years, for 24 hours a day 7 days a week I proselyted as a missionary.
Great working conditions with trustworthy co-workers.
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: sheltered and quiet work place.
Cons: only one half hour lunch brek.
Unfortunately job was low paying and the hourly rate was not disclosed to me prior to my first day. I knew it was temporary so I accepted it as an opportunity to get some experience and work for my church.
Fun place to be
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 12, 2013
It is a mission that members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints serve when they turn 18 and 19 years of age.
Hard Work But Very Rewarding
❸ Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2013
Get up early, work hard all day. Face rejection most of the day, but then you find someone who will listen and you can help them to change their life forever for the better.
Great Place to Work!
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee), Riverton, UTOctober 8, 2013
I enjoyed fair small team in a large environment. I worked typically with one to four developers. The QA to Dev ration was usually 1 QA to 2 devs, or 1 QA to 3 devs. Very little over time expected. Time to learn was also given.
Good people with a common purpose
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits during the work years and into retirement
Cons: long hours of management, which turns into a plus when you see people succeed from your direct interaction.
Great workplace where much is accomplished for people. People oriented to move forward and upward while assisting those with whom you supervise.
Deseret Industries is located throughout the Western United States in 48 Stores. There are over 2000 employees I was overall responsible for with their Human Resource Responsibilities.
The hardest part of the – more... job is the discipline process--making sure it is fair and equitable.
The most enjoyable part is the interaction of people from the hiring process to the everyday counciling of personnel problems. – less
Professional growth and excellent traing
Translator, Interpreter& Language Coach (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: travelling, cultural exposure and refining professional and cultural skills
Cons: tight scheduling and time consuming assignments that affected family life.
Developed translation and interpretation skills. Unique opportunities to serve for highly demanding socioeconomic and cultural sectors in connection with joint projects between the Colombian government and the LDS Church.

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos