The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employer Reviews

Great working conditions with trustworthy co-workers.
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: sheltered and quiet work place.
Cons: only one half hour lunch brek.
Unfortunately job was low paying and the hourly rate was not disclosed to me prior to my first day. I knew it was temporary so I accepted it as an opportunity to get some experience and work for my church.
Best 2 years of my life!
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee), Puebla de Zaragoza, PUEOctober 23, 2013
Pros: everything, stressing over other peoples welfare, blessings, loss of the burden of self
Cons: none!
This was not a job but a volunteering privileged that I was blessed with. I worked before the mission and saved up 10 grand to be able to go and serve my fellow man in Mexico.

Woke up at 6:30 and studied the gospel till 9:30 and then went to appointments that we (my companion and I) had set through out the week and when we didnt have appointments we – more... knocked on doors and sought out people by our own means to teach the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Then at 9:30 we were back out our house. We made plans for the following day for about 30 minutes or so and then showered and wound down till 10:30 when we went to sleep. – less
Fun place to be
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 12, 2013
It is a mission that members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints serve when they turn 18 and 19 years of age.
Hard Work But Very Rewarding
❸ Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2013
Get up early, work hard all day. Face rejection most of the day, but then you find someone who will listen and you can help them to change their life forever for the better.
Great Place to Work!
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee), Riverton, UTOctober 8, 2013
I enjoyed fair small team in a large environment. I worked typically with one to four developers. The QA to Dev ration was usually 1 QA to 2 devs, or 1 QA to 3 devs. Very little over time expected. Time to learn was also given.
Good people with a common purpose
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits during the work years and into retirement
Cons: long hours of management, which turns into a plus when you see people succeed from your direct interaction.
Great workplace where much is accomplished for people. People oriented to move forward and upward while assisting those with whom you supervise.
Deseret Industries is located throughout the Western United States in 48 Stores. There are over 2000 employees I was overall responsible for with their Human Resource Responsibilities.
The hardest part of the – more... job is the discipline process--making sure it is fair and equitable.
The most enjoyable part is the interaction of people from the hiring process to the everyday counciling of personnel problems. – less
Missionary Work
Volunteer (Former Employee), Republic of the Marshall IslandsSeptember 30, 2013
Full-time volunteer work in the Marshall Islands teaching the people the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Had set schedules and daily activities to help maximize teaching discussions.
Became fluent in the Marshallese language.
Volunteer representative for my church
Volunteer Religious Representative (Former Employee), Lima, PeruSeptember 30, 2013
This experience was one of the hardest, most rewarding experiences I have ever had. I had the opportunity to live in a 3rd world country, learn a new language (spanish), and serve and teach the people in Peru. During my stay in Peru, I was able to live in the homes of the people. It definitely was a culture shock, but I learned so much from adapting – more... to their culture and embracing it. I love how they are able to live so simply. A lot of people live in poverty and lack some of the necessities of life, however, a lot of them learn to live off just the little they have. It is so much easier to find transportation without having a car, and there are little stores and bakeries that are within walking distance of your home. I loved being able to help people with their businesses and just their everyday chores at home. I was able to help people with their english, and the church had and employment class that taught people how to get a job. I worked from 7:30-9:30 every day for 1 1/2 years. – less
Professional growth and excellent traing
Translator, Interpreter& Language Coach (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: travelling, cultural exposure and refining professional and cultural skills
Cons: tight scheduling and time consuming assignments that affected family life.
Developed translation and interpretation skills. Unique opportunities to serve for highly demanding socioeconomic and cultural sectors in connection with joint projects between the Colombian government and the LDS Church.
Fun Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2013
Fun volunteer work with good people. We cleaned up and old empty dirt lot, pulling weeds and clearing trash. I am not a part of the church, but it was a good experience working with very nice people for a good cause.
Best spiritual experience of your life
District Leader (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGSeptember 22, 2013
Pros: spiritually life changing
Cons: no clue
No pay, physically, but the mental and emotional growth you experience will benefit you for the rest of your life. More than once you will be amazed at the experience you have and just how fantastic it is to change someone else's life.
It was a privilege every day to go to work and to have the privilege of doing what I did for 30+ years
Instructor, Statistician, Administrator, Trainer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: there has never been a better working environment i have experienced in my years of employment.
Cons: except i had to retire and could not do it until i drew my last breath mortal air.
I have never had a better employer, they helped to develop and have success in all my assignments. There is not a single criticism I have of this employer.
Everyone is focus around "Hastening the Work of the Lord"
Business Manager (Divisional COO) (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2013
This is a unique environment where everyone focuses on aligning our individual work to aggregate into a strength greater than the sum of the parts. We are working to assist everyone around the world in improving their lives.
productive fun area with sports to play
missionary (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: we got free meals
Cons: we got short days
my schedule was very strict, but i learned that the more we invested our time in the rules that were held the better everything worked its way through, co-workers or so to speak they were great, it was hard trying to figure out what the people we taught needed most at a certain time in there life, i got to spend time with people of different religion, – more... culture, and as wel as we taught i learned things i didnt know. – less
Service Mission
Full time service missionary (Former Employee), BrazilSeptember 11, 2013
This was a great opportunity to serve for two years. It wasn't paid and a lot of hard work. Every day we were focused on the work that was needed.
Challenging but very rewarding
LDS Missionary (Former Employee), Arequipa, PeruAugust 31, 2013
Pros: learned spanish, communication skills.
Cons: dangerous at times.
I loved serving a mission in Peru. It allowed me to forget myself and serve others. Every day I was required to wake up at 6:30 and do exercises and get ready for the day. Study the Scriptures and plan a 24 hour day with backup plans for every hour/activity, talk to people about the gospel and help with service, 9:00 return to our apartment and plan – more... for the next day and by 10:30 be in bed lights out. I learned to put others before myself, how to fluently speak Spanish and also be a leader among other missionaries in my zone. The management and other missionaries all worked together with one purpose and if we were honest, obedient and worked hard we completed our purpose. The hardest part of the mission was coming home but the most rewarding part was giving up 2 years to help others. – less
CHURCH
Church Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 30, 2013
Same as before.
Great experience serving those around me.
-Rewarding being able to help those around me choose the right and make good decisions in their life.
A wonderful place to work
Linguist & Programmer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2013
Pros: building the church each day
Cons: management issues (like anywhere)
I enjoyed my time working for the LDS Church immensely. The type of people I was able to associate with made the Translation Division feel like a family.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Riverton, UTAugust 21, 2013
Pros: exposure, learning
Cons: compensation, management
The most enjoyable part of this position is the ability to work closely with executives and discover new processes. Within this position there is constant opportunity to grow and learn new things; whether it's with different tools that are being used or different processes and/or procedures. This position is also very engaging and there is plenty of – more... ways to assist employees in their ability to their jobs more efficiently. – less
SISTER MISSIONARIES ROCK :) FUN AND WORTH IT!
Humanitarian Services Volunteer (Former Employee), Everett, WAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: learn lots :) help bring others to christ! teach the gospel!
Cons: 18 months is too short!
Spent two years teaching and training in Everett, Washington. Spent 2 hours of self directed studies and review each day. Taught families skills in ethical decision making, communication and cooperation, which lead to greater family happiness. Trained other volunteers to set and achieve productivity goals by collecting weekly performance measures and – more... evaluating their results. Designed training programs to strengthen areas identified through weekly data collection. Consistently met or exceeded all performance criteria. – less

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos