The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employer Reviews

Church I attend
Lawn Maintenance / Custodian (Former Employee), Conyers, GAJuly 18, 2014
Responsible to clean two building and lawn maintenance. great place to work.
Sales team
sales (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 7, 2014
Pros: team manegement
Cons: feelng
This company is very important passtion.
Working at Xero has been a life altering experience. After working at many tech companies prior and larger corporations, Xero has been the place I have been looking for. I spend my time each day working on innovative and creative solutions to help accounting professionals and small businesses. I am surrounded by the best and the brightest and work closely as part of a truly global team.
Church service.
Volunteer (Former Employee), TempeJuly 5, 2014
Church service with wonderful LDS people. We helped out members of our ward and community.
Best Job Ever
proselyting missionary (Former Employee), Pocatello, IDJune 18, 2014
I was a Full Time Missionary for my Church spreading the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I loved every minute of the two years i spent serving the lord.
church
first counselor it is my job (Current Employee), martinsburg, WVMay 30, 2014
This is my church. I gained many skills from it and I love going. I already explained this on the resume.
Training, Teaching, Networking, Goal setting and meeting
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Former Employee), Arcadia, CAMay 19, 2014
We would teach people how to bring their life in closer harmony with God and we would work in the community.
Great Spiritual place to work.
QA Engineer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTMay 19, 2014
People are very easy to work with. Very little workplace 'drama.'
I gained a strong sense of satisfaction every week.
Sunday School Teacher (Former Employee), Farmington, MEMay 13, 2014
This wasn't a job, per se--- I was simply called to this position. I received no money for this work. . . and, actually, I'm perfectly okay with that. Being able to teach twelve-and thirteen-year-olds each week was reward enough.
A well balanced purpose-driven workplace
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTApril 27, 2014
Pros: on-site cafeteria and gym
The work environment is excellent. Management and co-workers are professional and we have respect for the work we do and for each other. I have enjoyed the cafeteria and the gym.
Best Two Years
Missionary (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 4, 2014
Pros: helping people
Cons: sometimes people didn't want to be helped.
Every single day while being a missionary is not the best day of my life, but the overall experience is the best thing to happen to me.

We would wake up at 6:30 and start studying to get ready for our day of going out and attempting to teach people. I was specifically given hard companions to work with because I was trusted to be able to get along with them and be able to get the work done.
bad company to work for
Maintenance / Master Journeyman (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 3, 2014
Cons: all of the above
owner is a thief to his customers and employees. Everything he claims to be in all of his company he is the opposite.
Volunteer as a missionary, rendering service to the communities surrounding Roseville California.
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great life experience.
I served as a volunteer missionary in Roseville, California and the surrounding areas. I was a ordained minister for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for my 2 years service. I was able to proselyte for the Church. As well I was able to perform community service throughout my 2 year service. Being a missionary involved 24/7 service. A standard proselyting day consisted of starting the day at 6:30am and studying, planning, proselyting and doing community service. Missionaries are required to do extensive planning both daily and weekly. As a missionary we were assigned various companions over varied periods of time. We lived with, and worked with those we were paired with and we were required to be together 24/7. I learned how to effectively plan, how to work hard and how to be of service to people around me.
This was fun for a little while
Architect (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 14, 2014
This was an interesting job for a while. For some reason beyond me I was placed in a position doing things I had no very little training in or interest in. A lot of great people here along with good benefits. This organization is interested in improving it's people.
Type
Member (Former Employee), St Joseph, MOMarch 10, 2014
Pros: volunteer work
Cons: n/a
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is a church who does a lot of volunteer work for others.
Fun and hard working job
Volunteer Work/Community Service (Former Employee), Salt lake City, UtahMarch 10, 2014
This job worked us well and gave us a great feel of accomplishment for the days work.
24/7, Dedicated service
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 4, 2014
Pros: structured environment
Cons: on call 24/7
A typical day of work consisted of arising at 6:30 am, preparing for the day, proselyting and serving from 10 am to 9 pm. Taking an hour for both lunch and dinner. Updating records daily from 9:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Then retiring to bed at 10:30 pm. Management and Co worker were for the most part friendly. The hardest part of the job was finding people interested in our proselyting. The most enjoyable part was being able to help people.
Awesome, it was great
Full Time Representative (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKFebruary 26, 2014
Awesome. I loved serving my mission. It was the best thing I have ever done
Cleaner (Current Employee), BlantyreFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: no free lunch!, i have learnt not to give myself a break for lunch when i am working
Cons: no short breaks
My typical day at work begins with a personal prayer, followed by warming up and getting dressed for the work to begin.
while i have my earphones on listening to the radio especially BBC in order to listen to the world affairs of the day. The work begins.
I have learned that when i am at work i have to put aside all my personal pursuits or challenges and put all my concentration on the work, then i produce satisfactory results.
the hardest part of the job is when i see food in the fridge of missionaries yet my house has no food and i cant do anything about it. the other hard part is to work under close supervision of my bosses, makes me feel like they are judging my performance right away.
the most fun part is when i work alone in the house in the absence of my boss where i can move around freely and sometimes relax on the couch as if i own the house!
Sorry this is all I can tell you
Employment Specialist (Current Employee), From home,February 18, 2014
Pros: satisfaction in helping others to have a better lifestyle
Cons: sadly, i am unable to help everyone who needs employment.
I work from home, but do meet needy people at church as well.
I'm sorry , this as all I can tell you at this time....
Teaching People about the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Representative (Former Employee), ColoradoJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: so many great blessing by serving
Waking up early to study the scripture and prepare for the day and have prayer with your companion. Finding those people are prepared to listen about the gospel of Jesus Christ. The ability to talk to people on the street and knocking on doors sharing a message. The member of the ward are wonderful they are giving referral for us to teach their friends and family. The ability to teach people about my faith is the greatest feeling in the world.

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos