The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews in United States

It was a calling
Assistant Ward Financial Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJanuary 6, 2016
Seriously, I was called to the position. It was a clear environment that dealt with official church business. Good atmosphere, but no pay. I was called to authenticate the money the church received.
It was the best 2 years of my life
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2015
I was a missionary and we called that period of time or that specific 2 years a "Mission. My mission was great I learned spanish and I learned a lot about the spanish people, I was able to speak their language and serve them. I and my companion taught lessons, there were 5 lessons and at the end of those lessons people can make a decision to join the church or not, and they join the church by being baptized and it is the greatest joy is helping someone take off their burdens or mistakes.
Pros
I learned so much, I love it.
Cons
I dont get to see my family but it was worth it.
Outdoors Representative of the Church
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Valencia, GDecember 22, 2015
Had to lead large groups of people with different characters. Trained a lot of them. Worked everyday with people on the streets making me handle all types ok characters.

Learned to work under pressure.
Customer Service Rep
customer service (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 22, 2015
Nice place to work.
Lots to know in order to answer a call, but people here are very nice and helpful.
Great team lead which does his best so we can be our best and give an excellent customer service.
Pros
good people in my team.
Cons
short breaks
Very hard work with great benefits
Zone Leader (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 19, 2015
I worked basically all day every day as a full time missionary, and as a zone leader. I trained, supervised, and coordinated the work for about 20-30 other missionaries at any given time. I also received training from higher management and taught it to those who I led.

It was extremely fun, and stressful, but so worth it.
Pros
Free dinners, great spiritual boost, and lots of fun and good friendships
Cons
Very stressful, strict rules, and no time for yourself
Best experience of my life
Missionary, Full Time (Former Employee) –  New HampshireDecember 14, 2015
The experiences I had while in New Hampshire has and will continue to shape my future for the rest of my life. I am so glad that I chose to do this.
Productive in new ways to learn and grow.
LDS Missionary (Former Employee) –  Irmo, South CarolinaDecember 11, 2015
A typical day was well planned. Very organized. Teaching people an ideal standard to help improve lifestyles. Worked in teams of two. Very social work involvement.
Pros
Teaching people.
Cons
N/A
Full time position teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ
Full time mission (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 9, 2015
This service opportunity was one of the greatest learning opportunities I have ever had. Every aspect of our job required us to step outside of our comfort zone as we interacted with others. A normal day was waking up at 6:30 am to study until about 11. Then we proselyted full time or did community service projects until 9 pm with a one hour dinner break. It was difficult maintaining this schedule with no break or vacation for 2 years but it was so rewarding. The greatest part of the work was seeing peoples lives change for the better.
Pros
learning to get outside yourself and thing about the needs of others
Cons
no vacations, impolite people
Working with children
Youth Service (Former Employee) –  Los Alamos, NMDecember 5, 2015
This was not a job it was a volunteering job. I worked with children from all sorts of ages. I worked with them only on sundays.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Team Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTDecember 5, 2015
I was able to help other people learn new skills, being able to work on leadership skills, communicating with co workers, and working as a team to reach our daily goals.
Pros
great management, co worker relationships, enjoyable work.
Cons
N/A
Great growth
Volunteer Representative / District Leader (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2015
This two years was a lot of work. Day consisted of 10-12 hours of work a day. It taught many life skills about leadership and productivity.
Productive, growing, deep and exclusive experience.
Full-time volunteer representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 23, 2015
I loved being a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. During my period of serving, I experienced the best yet hardest times of my life. We woke up at 6AM every morning. Around 10AM we had finished our studies and left the apartment to go teach the gospel to the people living in Las Vegas. Sometimes people were nice, sometimes they weren't. We didn't arrive home until 10PM when we would hourly plan for the next day. Then we woke up and did it again for 15 months. I grew personally in a way I didn't realize was possible. I lived with a companion (someone who is with you 24/7 to teach the gospel) which taught me personal skills, compromising, how to work in unison, and maximize the time we spent there. Our leaders were great- especially considering they weren't paid. In fact, we paid ourselves to teach and be there. It was worth every penny.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Growth is hard and takes determination and constant effort;)
Enjoyed but would not go back
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 16, 2015
We would have to take a lot of breaks due to too many workers. Hardest part was trying to supervise them all without there being push back. Most enjoyable was talking with customers. I learned patience and how to work well with others.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Profitable And Exalting Workplace
The Church Of Jesus Christ - President (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 12, 2015
Exciting 24 Hours At Work Socialising With Most Beautiful And Most Glorious Of Children of God You Realising How To Ascend In To The Highest Heaven Into The Presence Of Supreme Elohim And Supreme Yahweh! The Church Was Reorganised By Supreme King Jesus Christ The Organisation Structure Is Record In Bible And Other Standard Holy Scriptures! most Excellent Of The Co-Workers wants now Ascend Into The Highest Heaven, Or Are Highest Heaven On Earth As In The Highest Heaven! If Someone Trespases We Must Claim Liability By The Rule:"Much Given Much To Require"!
Celestial Wedding And Celestial Marriage, As Well As Celestial Family As The Form Of Ascension Into The Highest Now, Or Exceedingly Early!
Pros
Beauty And Pleasures, Exaltations
Great place to grow personally and spiritually
Church Representative (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 12, 2015
This is a great volunteer experience to grow personally, spiritually, and professionally, as well as sharpen communication skills.
enjoyable, Best 2 years of my life, We had been led by inspired and sober leaders
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VANovember 6, 2015
In a typical day we would wake up 620 am and work out, 7-8 prep for the day and eat breakfast. 8-10 am study: The Book of Mormon, Bible and prep for that days lessons. 11 am lunch. 12-9 pm Appointments for the day, proselyting and dinner. 9-930 daily accountability. 930-1030 prep for bed and retire to bed.

I learned a lot on how to effectively work with others in a wide variety of situations. I learned how to work with the same person 24/7 on a 6-12 week time line.

Management was great non of them had been payed all volunteer. I served in some of the leadership. truly a humbling experience. It took prayer, attention to detail and getting to know the people I was serving in a way I could better help them.

My co-workers where great we where all there for the same purpose and, same goal's in mind and willing to help each other in our different areas and situations. This we did on a small scale once a week. on a medium scale once a month and on a larger scale once every quarter.

The hardest part was helping others act on things they professed to believe.

The most enjoyable part was to see others begin to understand what it was we had been teaching and being acting on things they new to be true.
Pros
It is somthing I love and belive in.
Cons
I was only able to serve for 2 years
Family friendly work place
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 6, 2015
Good place to work, flexible with family needs.
Typical day at work involves meetings and discussing issues with co-workers.
Management can get caught up and the corporate grind which slows decisions and affects the rest of the workforce.
Hard work, but rewarding
Full-time Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDNovember 3, 2015
It was very rewarding meeting new people and seeing their lives change with your help. It was hard because we got rejected very often.
Pros
Hard work and seeing people change
Cons
Lots of Rejection
best place to work
Building Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 3, 2015
Wonder full place to work here. Clean and peaceful environment no complaints if i need pull some thing out. only reason i ready quit to find job in my feild
Missionary Service
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 2, 2015
Served for two years as a missionary in Connecticut and Rhode Island. The last six months I assisted in fleet management for 30 to 40 vehicles, apartment management, and getting supplies to missionaries throughout the area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7