The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews

Amazing, life changing experience
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 11, 2015
I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We didn't get paid for our service, but we dedicated our time to serving those around us, and teaching them principles from our church that could make their lives better. This opportunity allowed me to learn how to be selfless, and to make service a huge part of my life.
Best 2 years
Full-time Service Missionary (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 11, 2015
The hardest most rewarding 2 years of work of your life. You get to do amazing things and get to teach and help amazing people. There are good days and bad days but the good days far outshine and are worth the bad days.
Amazing!
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 10, 2015
This is a voluntary thing, so the only people who do it, and finish, are the ones that really wanted to. So I can't really say anything negative about this.
Pros
Service!
Very fun place to work
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  LagosJune 8, 2015
I inspect housing facilities, by driving round for inspections.take inventories of items, report and measure taken to resolve problems

. I have learnt so many things, leadership skills, communication and negotiation skills.

My co-workers are fun to be with, willing ready to assist to help you get the job done.

The hardest part is been to travel every week.

Inspections and supervision.
Pros
medical bills, and luch times
Cons
short breakes
Great rewarding culture
Public Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJune 3, 2015
Awesome experience, Best time of my life and best job too.

Work day starts with 2 hours of study at 8am
Proselyting/ service 10am-9pm w/ hour breaks for lunch and dinner
Held 2 management positions (district leader and zone leader) both were challenging yet fun
Hardest part was living with a fellow coworker 24/7 and having to stay within sight and hearing of each other
Best part was seeing lives change
Pros
room and board
Cons
All volunteer, pay your own way
My Mission
Ward Mission Leader (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJune 1, 2015
This was a service opportunity for my church. It was an amazing experience for me. Any further information would have to be obtained by serving for yourself. It is a very personal experience.
Nursery with 18 month to 3 year olds
Church nursery worker (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 28, 2015
I only do this job 2 hours on Sundays with my church. It is purely volunteer oriented, so the pay is receiving joy from anywhere from 10-15 children. A typical day here entails planning a lesson, bringing snacks, setting up (making sure facility is germ free), doing singing time, and ensuring the children have their needs taken care of. My co-workers are volunteers as well. We rotate the responsibilities listed above every week. The hardest part of this job is when there aren't as many nursery workers that you would need to care for o many little ones. It gets a little difficult keeping an eye on them all when your number of adults is just 2 or 3 but it is still a very accomplishable task. The most enjoyable part is of course being around the children. They're really entertaining and a lot of the time they end up teaching me lessons need to learn.
Pros
positive environment
Cons
not enough adults
spiritually uplifting
Full-time missionary (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 27, 2015
great environment to test your faith and to development people skills and communications, because all you work with is people.
Pros
Working here the Lord will bless you
Cons
Current Technology and Great focus on delivering value to the customer.
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 25, 2015
I am involved in guiding the direction of three products, which means I have daily and weekly meetings with the teams (stand-ups and other planning meetings). I also am a discipline manager for a team of engineers so most days I have 1 on 1's to provide coaching and support to ensure successful delivery of features. I also deliver code personally and have enjoyed being a "coding manager" for 13 years.

I work with great people who share in a passion for delivering excellent quality products to our customers. I currently work on the team that handles 70% of the traffic for our familysearch.org website, which provides tools supporting family history research worldwide.
Pros
Great benefits, showers so I can run a few days a week during lunchtime.
Cons
Can't think of any. I really enjoy my current job.
Best way to learn loyalty and hard work
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 25, 2015
I used to follow a schedule every day and I needed to be obedient to all rules. I found and taught people about Jesus Christ. We set goals every day in order to obtain success in the work. I could see how I improved in every aspect of the work as I gave my best.
Good Place to work Hard to move up
Real Estate Analyst (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 20, 2015
It is good a good place to work, it is hard to move up since very little people are in management.

You do have to wear a tie daily, and you don't get a lot of time off.
Competent Professionals
Intern (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 13, 2015
I felt that the Church's culture was very professional and that those that work there are very competent and good at what they do. I think the overall dedication and love the people have for their jobs is what makes this place so great.
productivity
Volunteer church Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2015
it was enjoyable job to do. I learned to be more good communicator, problem solving, work under pressure, organized, attention to detail. we work a team. the hardest part of my job was to work under any condition (weather). the most enjoyable part of my work was the fact that I had to interact with people
Fun, with a lot of blessing
Missionary (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 11, 2015
I worked as a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints where I taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and performed many hours of service.
I was not paid in fact i paid to go. I was sent to San Jose California and would work from 6:25 am to 9 p.m I loved every second of it and I am grateful for the experience. It lasted for 18 months.
Great experience to learn and grow as a person
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDApril 26, 2015
It was unpaid service, and the greatest experience in my life. You build and grow as an individual and learn so many different skills in the real world.
Pros
greatest organization
productive for helping others
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2015
Talking to random people, teaching them about things that will help them spiritually. I learned that when we see others as God sees them, we communicate with them effectively. We are out at 10 in the morning to 9:30 in the evening. Missionaries I served with are amazing and extra-ordinary. To see someone struggling and seeing their digression. The most enjoyable part is when people make right decisions and are progressing towards a great life ahead.
Pros
free dinner
Cons
shortbreaks
The best thing I have ever done.
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 18, 2015
I learned how to teach to needs. I spend everyday doing service. I learned how to speak spanish. I learned how to deal with problems and keep a positive attitude, work hard, and not complain. The leadership set up was phenomenal. Each of the people I worked with were wonderful people who tried their very best. It was hard not always being able to control the outcome. The most enjoyable part was being able to see people change and knowing that I play some part in their life to help them.
Very fulfilling place to volunteer
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTApril 16, 2015
I learned so much in my missionary service. I not only learned Spanish, but my knowledge and understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ has expanded immensely, and I learned how to work with and communicate with people. I also learned a lot about myself.
Faith-based organization that strengthens families
Full-time missionary (Former Employee) –  Papeete, TahitiApril 16, 2015
I was in an environment that allowed me to strengthen a spiritual relationship with God, our Heavenly Father. It was a challenging schedule as a full-time missionary to dedicate 18 months of my life to service, but it was rewarding to see the difference that the Gospel of Jesus Christ can make in the lives of individuals and their families. High level of job satisfaction.
Great Company
Sr. Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Central Coast of CaliforniaApril 15, 2015
There's always something new to do. Great working environment. Great benefits. They want you to advance and improve yourself.

4.8