The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employer Reviews

BEST Company to work for
Full time missionary (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 30, 2013
The LDS Church provides a higly competitive salary, great benefits, and the best coworkers ever!
Missionary Work everyday for 2 yrs
Missionary (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 22, 2013
Everyday we would wake up and study for 2hrs and then head out and do some type of service for other for 8-9 hrs. We would talk to people and get to know them, teach them about our beliefs, and do yardwork for people who needed it or wanted help. I learned that teamwork is very important, and that communication is key. The hardest part of the job was – more... not being able see my family for 2yrs. The most enjoyable part was being able to see people happy and meeting new people. – less
Fun and exciting
Teacher (Former Employee), Greenwood, ARJuly 22, 2013
Pros: getting to be a teacher
Cons: no cons
Having a calling at church is so fun and rewarding in a personal sense. Each week I would get to work with kids ages three and four and teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was such a blessing to do this. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Typical Mission
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee), Cape VerdeJuly 18, 2013
Pros: rewarding spiritually
Cons: homesickness
If you are LDS you understand what a mission involves. I served in Cape Verde in somewhat difficult living circumstances but wouldn't trade my experience for anything.
Excellent work environment with friendly atmosphere
Scripture Translation Intern/Consultant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 12, 2013
Each individual that I worked with was of high integrity and committed to the overall success of the company and the projects that were in progress. I learned to manage multiple projects and assignments, while continuing to learn the nuances of the business and translation. I enjoyed each aspect of the job and found that management is very supportive – more... and uplifting while going through training and afterwards. – less
Lots of moving around. good work
MISSIONARY (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 4, 2013
I was not paid at this job, it was two years of service. One day at a time we taught the gospel. I learned many valuable life lessons that I'll not soon forget. "Management", if you could call it that, was far above the standard. Co workers were amazing people who I love working with. The hardest part was also the most enjoyable part: preaching the – more... gospel. – less
Great Vaules
Orlando Regional Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLJuly 1, 2013
Pros: security
Cons: low pay
Company places a lot of trust in it's employees who work in the field.
Enjoyed helping others in my work.
Design Team Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 30, 2013
Pros: great location, nice facilities and equipment.
Cons: some key managers made poor choices.
The company culture shifted during the thirteen years I worked at Church headquarters. Initially, people were valued and employees felt included. Over time, people and skills were valued less.
Missionary!
Full-time Volunteer (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 30, 2013
Pros: eternal glory
Cons: nothing
If your viewing this posting and not laughing you need a smack in the face. Being a missionary is the greatest job I ever had and ever will have. 2 years of amazing blessing and service to my God. I love the church and its teachings and helping others.
Very Nice People
Contractor (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMay 28, 2013
Pros: very good atmosphere
Cons: no benefits
I was always treated with respect by these people and I was always paid well. They always worked around things that were going on around in my life.
Fantastic volunteer service bringing others closer to Jesus Christ
Missionary (Former Employee), Roseville, CAMay 24, 2013
I volunteered for two years as a missionary in the Roseville California Mission, which included the areas north of Sacramento, CA to the Oregon border.
As part of my volunteer work, we constantly provided service work for people in the community, such as hospitals, city services, setting up computer programs for the elderly and organizing neighborhood – more... clean up projects.
This two year volunteer service mission gave me valuable insights into the social fabric of the community and a better understanding of how to serve others. – less
excellent company family oriented
Missionary (Former Employee), Tucson ArizonaMay 13, 2013
worked hard in teams to accomplish goals
sold a product
determination
Great opportunity
Meetinghouse Technology Coordination Intern (Former Employee), Riverton, UtahMay 7, 2013
Pros: environment, culture
I enjoyed my time working at the LDS Church. A typical day there involved working on multiple projects surrounding technology. That included drafting communications, responding to feedback, and coordinating trainings.

Management cares about their employees and the life/work balance was fantastic. When my daughter was born, I was given plenty of time – more... to take care of my family. – less
Finance clerk and Records clerk
records clerk and a financial clerk (Former Employee), Nebraska, Nebraska City & LincolnMay 1, 2013
This was not a company or corporation. I attend this church and I was given the opportunity of service in my church in various wards that I attended.
Little dated
Performance Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahApril 15, 2013
Pros: clean friendly environment
Cons: not cutting edge
Values, development environment, and the people there are all solid and dependable, but they are very hesitant to attempt anything new. Often, when they do make any kind of radical changes to their process, it's often left half-done and falls short of expectations.
Data Center Operations Engineer, TSM Admin (Current Employee), Salt Lake City UtahApril 10, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good work environment
Cons: wish there was more internal communication between teams.
I love working for the LDS Church and specifically in the ICS department. The work life balance is great. The benefits are fantastic.
volunteer position
Head Librarian (Former Employee), Ridgecrest, CAApril 8, 2013
Position required working directly with several other leaders in the Cub Scout organization. As decisions needed to be made, I was responsible for making the final decision. Required monthy planning meetings with leaders and Pack meetings with all cub scouts and families.
Great experience, even when it was tough
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 4, 2013
Pros: seeing people change their lives
Wake up early work hard all day and go to bed late. Then wake up the next day and do it all over again. It may not sound like a great time but it was.
Best Two Years FOR my Life
Full Time Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2013
Best Two Years FOR my Life. Helped me understand leadership, management, and work in a whole new way.
Best two years of my life
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 20, 2013
Loved the 2 years I spent as a contractor there. Lots of great folks (plus one or two soreheads--but I've seen a lot more of those in other organizations).

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos