The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employer Reviews

Hard Work But Very Rewarding
❸ Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2013
Get up early, work hard all day. Face rejection most of the day, but then you find someone who will listen and you can help them to change their life forever for the better.
Great Place to Work!
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee), Riverton, UTOctober 8, 2013
I enjoyed fair small team in a large environment. I worked typically with one to four developers. The QA to Dev ration was usually 1 QA to 2 devs, or 1 QA to 3 devs. Very little over time expected. Time to learn was also given.
Good people with a common purpose
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits during the work years and into retirement
Cons: long hours of management, which turns into a plus when you see people succeed from your direct interaction.
Great workplace where much is accomplished for people. People oriented to move forward and upward while assisting those with whom you supervise.
Deseret Industries is located throughout the Western United States in 48 Stores. There are over 2000 employees I was overall responsible for with their Human Resource Responsibilities.
The hardest part of the – more... job is the discipline process--making sure it is fair and equitable.
The most enjoyable part is the interaction of people from the hiring process to the everyday counciling of personnel problems. – less
Professional growth and excellent traing
Translator, Interpreter& Language Coach (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: travelling, cultural exposure and refining professional and cultural skills
Cons: tight scheduling and time consuming assignments that affected family life.
Developed translation and interpretation skills. Unique opportunities to serve for highly demanding socioeconomic and cultural sectors in connection with joint projects between the Colombian government and the LDS Church.
Fun Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2013
Fun volunteer work with good people. We cleaned up and old empty dirt lot, pulling weeds and clearing trash. I am not a part of the church, but it was a good experience working with very nice people for a good cause.
It was a privilege every day to go to work and to have the privilege of doing what I did for 30+ years
Instructor, Statistician, Administrator, Trainer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: there has never been a better working environment i have experienced in my years of employment.
Cons: except i had to retire and could not do it until i drew my last breath mortal air.
I have never had a better employer, they helped to develop and have success in all my assignments. There is not a single criticism I have of this employer.
Everyone is focus around "Hastening the Work of the Lord"
Business Manager (Divisional COO) (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2013
This is a unique environment where everyone focuses on aligning our individual work to aggregate into a strength greater than the sum of the parts. We are working to assist everyone around the world in improving their lives.
productive fun area with sports to play
missionary (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: we got free meals
Cons: we got short days
my schedule was very strict, but i learned that the more we invested our time in the rules that were held the better everything worked its way through, co-workers or so to speak they were great, it was hard trying to figure out what the people we taught needed most at a certain time in there life, i got to spend time with people of different religion, – more... culture, and as wel as we taught i learned things i didnt know. – less
Service Mission
Full time service missionary (Former Employee), BrazilSeptember 11, 2013
This was a great opportunity to serve for two years. It wasn't paid and a lot of hard work. Every day we were focused on the work that was needed.
CHURCH
Church Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 30, 2013
Same as before.
Great experience serving those around me.
-Rewarding being able to help those around me choose the right and make good decisions in their life.
A wonderful place to work
Linguist & Programmer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 27, 2013
Pros: building the church each day
Cons: management issues (like anywhere)
I enjoyed my time working for the LDS Church immensely. The type of people I was able to associate with made the Translation Division feel like a family.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Riverton, UTAugust 21, 2013
Pros: exposure, learning
Cons: compensation, management
The most enjoyable part of this position is the ability to work closely with executives and discover new processes. Within this position there is constant opportunity to grow and learn new things; whether it's with different tools that are being used or different processes and/or procedures. This position is also very engaging and there is plenty of – more... ways to assist employees in their ability to their jobs more efficiently. – less
SISTER MISSIONARIES ROCK :) FUN AND WORTH IT!
Humanitarian Services Volunteer (Former Employee), Everett, WAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: learn lots :) help bring others to christ! teach the gospel!
Cons: 18 months is too short!
Spent two years teaching and training in Everett, Washington. Spent 2 hours of self directed studies and review each day. Taught families skills in ethical decision making, communication and cooperation, which lead to greater family happiness. Trained other volunteers to set and achieve productivity goals by collecting weekly performance measures and – more... evaluating their results. Designed training programs to strengthen areas identified through weekly data collection. Consistently met or exceeded all performance criteria. – less
Fulling Work
Missionary (Former Employee), Las VegasAugust 15, 2013
Sales like cold calls
work one on one with people struggling to develop relationship with God
Outside everyday on a bike
develop skills in study and communications
BEST Company to work for
Full time missionary (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJuly 30, 2013
The LDS Church provides a higly competitive salary, great benefits, and the best coworkers ever!
Missionary Work everyday for 2 yrs
Missionary (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 22, 2013
Everyday we would wake up and study for 2hrs and then head out and do some type of service for other for 8-9 hrs. We would talk to people and get to know them, teach them about our beliefs, and do yardwork for people who needed it or wanted help. I learned that teamwork is very important, and that communication is key. The hardest part of the job was – more... not being able see my family for 2yrs. The most enjoyable part was being able to see people happy and meeting new people. – less
Fun and exciting
Teacher (Former Employee), Greenwood, ARJuly 22, 2013
Pros: getting to be a teacher
Cons: no cons
Having a calling at church is so fun and rewarding in a personal sense. Each week I would get to work with kids ages three and four and teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was such a blessing to do this. I enjoyed every minute of it.
Typical Mission
Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee), Cape VerdeJuly 18, 2013
Pros: rewarding spiritually
Cons: homesickness
If you are LDS you understand what a mission involves. I served in Cape Verde in somewhat difficult living circumstances but wouldn't trade my experience for anything.
Excellent work environment with friendly atmosphere
Scripture Translation Intern/Consultant (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 12, 2013
Each individual that I worked with was of high integrity and committed to the overall success of the company and the projects that were in progress. I learned to manage multiple projects and assignments, while continuing to learn the nuances of the business and translation. I enjoyed each aspect of the job and found that management is very supportive – more... and uplifting while going through training and afterwards. – less
Lots of moving around. good work
MISSIONARY (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 4, 2013
I was not paid at this job, it was two years of service. One day at a time we taught the gospel. I learned many valuable life lessons that I'll not soon forget. "Management", if you could call it that, was far above the standard. Co workers were amazing people who I love working with. The hardest part was also the most enjoyable part: preaching the – more... gospel. – less

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos