The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints United States Employee Reviews

Missionary
Missionary (Former Employee), Lodi, CADecember 27, 2013
Pros: the opportunity to meet new people and to learn from experiences
Cons: to short of a calling
I served a mission for the church. I taught people the gospel.
Missionary
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), Washington, D.C.December 10, 2013
Pros: worked with lots of great people
• Served as a volunteer for 24 months in Washington D.C.
• Trained other volunteers in the same field
• Lived and served with others from all types of cultural backgrounds
I entered this since many ask why I was gone for two years
Minnesota Minneapolis Mission (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 10, 2013
I served a mission for my church in Minnesota. I tought a lot of people but not unless they asked my first.
Rewarding by helping those in need to advance to a better life.
Coordinator / Counselor / Volunteer (Current Employee), Omaha, NENovember 25, 2013
Pros: i always have opportunities to serve and grow.
Cons: the only downside is sometimes serving those who are ungrateful. however, serving people no matter what their attitude is has proven to be a growing experience since 1986.
This volunteering has been an adult endeavor to improve the quality of lives of others. The ability to serve without compensation has brought much joy to my life. I have learned to accept responsibilities that I have not always felt prepared for and then learned to grow into a great leader. Those whom I serve with have been extremely philanthropical as well. The hardest part of the job is finding balance. There are always those in need. I love to get outside of myself and do things for others.
I enjoyed most every day of my nine years with the company
Senior Assistant Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 7, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: promotional disparities
Clear sop's and goal oriented leadership. Excellent benefits and rewarding job assignments that led to further training and education.
Good working environment, friendly people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 29, 2013
Pros: good working environment, treated fairly, good people
Cons: no cons
I was able to go on-line and get advanced training in Microsoft Office programs during my spare time. This was a huge advantage as I was able to provide assistance to my peers and supervisors.
Missionary Service
Representative - Volunteer (Former Employee), Utica, NYOctober 24, 2013
The church provides young men and women the chance to get out and teach others about their religious convictions. This provides the missionaries opportunities to learn valuable life skills in communication, teaching, planning, goal setting, and working hard.
Full Time Missionary
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 24, 2013
For two years, for 24 hours a day 7 days a week I proselyted as a missionary.
Great working conditions with trustworthy co-workers.
Temporary Office Assistant (Former Employee), Fresno, CAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: sheltered and quiet work place.
Cons: only one half hour lunch brek.
Unfortunately job was low paying and the hourly rate was not disclosed to me prior to my first day. I knew it was temporary so I accepted it as an opportunity to get some experience and work for my church.
Fun place to be
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 12, 2013
It is a mission that members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints serve when they turn 18 and 19 years of age.
Fun place to be
Member of Computer Science (Former Employee), New YorkOctober 12, 2013
Pros: help people to live a better life.
Cons: no cons
Things i did was worth more than two years of education. It is actually a mission. It is something that LDS members do when they reach a certain age. They go out and preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ and bring people unto Christ
Hard Work But Very Rewarding
❸ Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 11, 2013
Get up early, work hard all day. Face rejection most of the day, but then you find someone who will listen and you can help them to change their life forever for the better.
Great Place to Work!
Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee), Riverton, UTOctober 8, 2013
I enjoyed fair small team in a large environment. I worked typically with one to four developers. The QA to Dev ration was usually 1 QA to 2 devs, or 1 QA to 3 devs. Very little over time expected. Time to learn was also given.
Good people with a common purpose
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 7, 2013
Pros: good benefits during the work years and into retirement
Cons: long hours of management, which turns into a plus when you see people succeed from your direct interaction.
Great workplace where much is accomplished for people. People oriented to move forward and upward while assisting those with whom you supervise.
Deseret Industries is located throughout the Western United States in 48 Stores. There are over 2000 employees I was overall responsible for with their Human Resource Responsibilities.
The hardest part of the job is the discipline process--making sure it is fair and equitable.
The most enjoyable part is the interaction of people from the hiring process to the everyday counciling of personnel problems.
Professional growth and excellent traing
Translator, Interpreter& Language Coach (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: travelling, cultural exposure and refining professional and cultural skills
Cons: tight scheduling and time consuming assignments that affected family life.
Developed translation and interpretation skills. Unique opportunities to serve for highly demanding socioeconomic and cultural sectors in connection with joint projects between the Colombian government and the LDS Church.
Fun Volunteer Work
Volunteer (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVSeptember 26, 2013
Fun volunteer work with good people. We cleaned up and old empty dirt lot, pulling weeds and clearing trash. I am not a part of the church, but it was a good experience working with very nice people for a good cause.
It was a privilege every day to go to work and to have the privilege of doing what I did for 30+ years
Instructor, Statistician, Administrator, Trainer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: there has never been a better working environment i have experienced in my years of employment.
Cons: except i had to retire and could not do it until i drew my last breath mortal air.
I have never had a better employer, they helped to develop and have success in all my assignments. There is not a single criticism I have of this employer.
Everyone is focus around "Hastening the Work of the Lord"
Business Manager (Divisional COO) (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 20, 2013
This is a unique environment where everyone focuses on aligning our individual work to aggregate into a strength greater than the sum of the parts. We are working to assist everyone around the world in improving their lives.
productive fun area with sports to play
missionary (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2013
Pros: we got free meals
Cons: we got short days
my schedule was very strict, but i learned that the more we invested our time in the rules that were held the better everything worked its way through, co-workers or so to speak they were great, it was hard trying to figure out what the people we taught needed most at a certain time in there life, i got to spend time with people of different religion, culture, and as wel as we taught i learned things i didnt know.
Service Mission
Full time service missionary (Former Employee), BrazilSeptember 11, 2013
This was a great opportunity to serve for two years. It wasn't paid and a lot of hard work. Every day we were focused on the work that was needed.

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Salaries

$10.15 per hour

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos

takrdi
kampala
Share the faith with others