The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employer Reviews

Mission
Missionary (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2013
was able to understand and help people be what they wanted to be. helped me understand the meaning of life.
Lots of opportunities for innovation and leadership
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, competitive salary, creatively fulfilling work
Cons: lack of management, feels like a startup, no bottom line to drive performance
I loved the flexibility in my work at the Church. I felt I could innovate in almost any way, helping improve on strategies, methods, and deliverables. I had a lot of independence and freedom to do my work.
Excellent Work Environment
Team Lead, Automation Programmer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: balance of work and personal life, great benefits.
Cons: becoming full time employee can be difficult.
Great people to work with. Work is challenging. Many opportunities for growth and training.
This was a service I gave and did not receive compensation
Missionary (Former Employee), Villahermosa, MexicoJanuary 15, 2013
I paid to perform this service for my church. I spent about 18 months in the south of Mexico going door to door almost everyday and speaking to people about my religion. I spent my time with a co-worker or companion every day and we filled up all of our time with appointments to teach and serve the people where we labored. The hardest part of this experience – more... was learning a new language and having to work in intense weather conditions including heat and storms. It was a rewarding experience because I learned a new language and how to communicate at an advanced level with the people, and I learned a new culture and shared something I love with many people. – less
Great Company
Storekeeper (Former Employee), Logan, UTJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: understanding
This of course is an excellent company to work for. Very understanding and flexible to work for. Good benefits.
Service
Business Intelligence Engineer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTJanuary 2, 2013
Motivation to work is high knowing who you are working for.

Management is understanding when it comes to the family.

Work days are hard and long. Expectations are high but pay is low compared to market.

Co-workers are mixed just like any other corporation.
Forward-thinking, collborative organization
Internship (Current Employee), Provo, UTDecember 23, 2012
Pros: lots of human resources
Cons: adopting new standards sometimes slow, but not closed.
The LDS Church is a global organization that develops products that are very professionally polished. Each project I worked on had available professional graphics artists, sound engineers, voice talent, actors, animators, translators, web developers and project managers. As an instructional designer this was great because I could focus on writing and – more... working with clients. – less
Very rewarding, excelent work enviorement, good interaction with people
Service Missionary (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 11, 2012
Pros: satisfaction of being a help to those in need
Cons: there were none
This job was managing a food distribution warehouse, with the responsibility of providing food products for members in need of welfare commodities. I learned to work closlely with other missionary couples and to be compassionate with all patrons in filling there commodit orders. Learned oedering, inventorying.receiving, shipping,route management,billing. – more... buying,forklift operation, training for OSHA and the food and Drug Administration – less
Summertime girl fun
Youth Camp Leader Presidency(First Counselor) (Former Employee), Scranton, PADecember 6, 2012
Pros: everything!
Cons: outdoors, not everyone can be in this.
If you are a member of any LDS church and if you are a female over the age of 16.... why not show your talents and skills. This is not a job you apply for, it is given to someone who shows that they have what it takes to lead.
This organization is very safe and is planned very precisely so everything will run smoothly. Others in the presidency are amazing – more... to work with and take their jobs seriously.
The hardest part is making sure everything goes as planned.
The most enjoyable parts are attending campfires and making skits. – less
Safe evironment, easy work, sometimes a lot to do, good pay, supervisor's are fair and good.
Custodian (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2012
Clock in at the time clock, collect keys from shift leader, go to assigned floor collect equipment to clean, ten minute break if you want to take it, continue cleaning get tasks done, return equipment to the closet and go return rags to laundry, and then return keys to shift leader and clock out.

Once you get the job down and you know your assignment – more... by heart you can find other ways to get the job done that is easiest for you.

Management is fair, and moral is really good.

Co-workers are friendly and are always willing to lend a helping hand if needed.

When people call in sick and we don't have enough workers to cover all the jobs and so some workers end up having to do two jobs a work shift.

The people, getting to listen to music while we work, safe good environment to work in. – less
Changing hearts one at a time
Missionary (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 1, 2012
Each day we had a personal and companionship study then by 10AM we left out the door to look for people to teach or help those we see in need. I always had one companion with me where we'd teach lessons together or actually did everything together. We organized groups like the young men and women of the church to help with service projects in communities. – more... We studied and taught our fellow missionaries on how we can better serve those we have stewardship over. Then by 9PM we came in to review what we did and plan for the next day. It was a great 18mos of my life! Hard because of the emotional and physical aspect of it but so rewarding because I got to be an instrument in helping others be happy. – less
I love it. I've learned a lot about life and people skills. I spoke two languages.
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 8, 2012
Pros: everything. the best two years
Cons: none.
I taught people about the church and helped them to progress. I really enjoyed it.
Wonderful opportunity for service
Sunday School Teacher (Current Employee), Hudson, FLNovember 6, 2012
Pros: worthwhile, helpful
This was a service opportunity teaching youth in our church.
Highly professional and pleasant work environment
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee), Riverton, UTOctober 29, 2012
Pros: knowing the tools i helped develop would help make the world a better place.
Cons: projects would often get put on hold.
A typical day involved gathering business requirements, UI screen mockups and writing business requirements. I learned about documenting process flows and critical analysis of each item in a process flow to identify bottlenecks or areas of improvement. Management was proactive and inclusive. Co-workers were highly motivated and pleasant to work with. – more... Hardest part of the job was patiently waiting for projects to be launched by upper level management. Most enjoyable aspect of job was working with very high-quality people to develop very high quality tools. – less
Missionary work
MISSIONARY (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CAOctober 28, 2012
24/7 job. For 2 years, you live the life of a missionary. Very structured, very organized. You learn a lot about people and yourself and what you can and cannot do as a person. You learn who you are. Grow you faith a lot too.
Something new every day.
Volunteer Mission (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNOctober 22, 2012
I was a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

I woke up every morning at 6:30am, studied and prepared for the day, then worked to contact as many people as I could to share religious principles until returning home around 9pm. From 9pm to 10:30pm I maintained records of accomplishments and reported to leaders until I went – more... to bed. This was what we did for two years, six days a week.

Co-workers were superb. We were all there for the same reasons, to help as many people as possible.

The hardest part was being rejected time and time again.

The most enjoyable part was having someone accept our invitations. – less
Teaches you how to be the best person you can be.
Missionary (Former Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 22, 2012
Pros: made me into a better person with an appreciation for life and family and god
Waking up at 6:30 am every morning and following a strict schedule and back in by 9 pm and in bed by 10pm.

talking to random people all day about the LDS Church and it's beliefs and our beliefs. Scheduling meetings and also attending leadership meetings.
The best two years of my life.
Full-Time Missionary (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFOctober 18, 2012
Pros: i got to learn another language, i got to go to another country, i got to serve god, etc.
Cons: a sadness of seeing people reject god in their lives.
A typical day as a Mormon missionary begins by waking up at 6:30am. Between 6:30am and 8am, we exercise, we eat breakfast, and we get cleaned up for the day. From 8am to 9am we have what is known as personal study of the scriptures, such as the Bible and other books that we have. From 9am to 10am we have companionship study, which as we preach two by – more... two, we need to be comfortable teaching with each other and we also discuss the people who are investigating our church in the area that we are assigned to. From 10am to 10:30am we have language study, which for those speaking a foreign language in the mission we need to study it during that time. Then from 10:30am to 9pm we are in the streets preaching the gospel, finding people who need God in their lives, and helping them find the spiritual solutions to their problems and trials.
While I was on this two-year mission, I learned that service is the best way to stay happy. There is a joy in service that you can not find anywhere else.
The leadership that we were under was inspiring. Our mission president guided us and helped us understand our responsibilities and duties and soldiers of God and that we needed to fulfill those. He also was always there for us when we were having personal troubles and problems, ready to help us and give us advice that we needed.
Working with other full-time missionaries was an exhilarating experience. Of course there were companions that we would have that were a little difficult to get along with, but it all came down to what we were doing and why we were there. With that in mind, we would put aside differences and work the best we could together.
I would say that the hardest part of the work we where doing was that every few months or so, we would be moved to a new area with new people to teach and help. It was hard to leave those that you had come so close to, but the mission must go on and there are more people waiting for that same help that you gave in the last area.
There really was not a part that I enjoyed most about the work. I enjoyed it all. I was in the service of God to help my brothers and sisters continue onward in their lives and that their lives would be for the better. 100 percent service... you can not get any better than that. – less
Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee), FranceOctober 7, 2012
Volunteering for the church is an incredible opportunity. Highly recommend.
Review
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee), Noumea, New CaledoniaSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: french language, more opportunity to be leaders, we were on an island :)
Cons: no car
from 10am to 9pm at night, we'd constantly be out of the house finding and teaching people. We would also render service to those with who we came in contact with. We would meet new people everyday. We were only about 30 missionaries with 2 zone leaders to who took care of our concerns and questions. Our mission president (who is responsible for the – more... whole mission) was located in Fiji, so we would communicate our efforts and progress each week in an email. The hardest part of the job, was when communication was lacking.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was seeing other people happy because of the message we shared with them, or the help we gave them. It was fulfilling to see people change for the better :) – less

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos