The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employer Reviews

Wonderful experience interacting with people from many different backgrounds.
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), Buenos Aires, ArgentinaMay 17, 2013
Found and taught individuals and families on a daily basis, helping them improve quality of life.
excellent company family oriented
Missionary (Former Employee), Tucson ArizonaMay 13, 2013
worked hard in teams to accomplish goals
sold a product
determination
Hard work requiring constant change and determination
Full-time Missionary (Former Employee), KampalaMay 11, 2013
A day consist of studying the scriptures every morning then through out the day finding and teaching those who will here the gospel. We found people be talking to people on the street, knocking on the doors of homes, other church members referring us and other methods.
I learned how to stay determined, how to get the job done no matter what happens – more... and how to "just do it" – less
Great opportunity
Meetinghouse Technology Coordination Intern (Former Employee), Riverton, UtahMay 7, 2013
Pros: environment, culture
I enjoyed my time working at the LDS Church. A typical day there involved working on multiple projects surrounding technology. That included drafting communications, responding to feedback, and coordinating trainings.

Management cares about their employees and the life/work balance was fantastic. When my daughter was born, I was given plenty of time – more... to take care of my family. – less
Finance clerk and Records clerk
records clerk and a financial clerk (Former Employee), Nebraska, Nebraska City & LincolnMay 1, 2013
This was not a company or corporation. I attend this church and I was given the opportunity of service in my church in various wards that I attended.
VOLUNTARY
Full Time Missionary (Former Employee), Ciudad de México, DIFApril 25, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Two years as voluntary missionary.
I learned to communicate well with people
Learned to be bilingual in the Spanish language
Little dated
Performance Engineer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahApril 15, 2013
Pros: clean friendly environment
Cons: not cutting edge
Values, development environment, and the people there are all solid and dependable, but they are very hesitant to attempt anything new. Often, when they do make any kind of radical changes to their process, it's often left half-done and falls short of expectations.
Data Center Operations Engineer, TSM Admin (Current Employee), Salt Lake City UtahApril 10, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good work environment
Cons: wish there was more internal communication between teams.
I love working for the LDS Church and specifically in the ICS department. The work life balance is great. The benefits are fantastic.
volunteer position
Head Librarian (Former Employee), Ridgecrest, CAApril 8, 2013
Position required working directly with several other leaders in the Cub Scout organization. As decisions needed to be made, I was responsible for making the final decision. Required monthy planning meetings with leaders and Pack meetings with all cub scouts and families.
Great experience, even when it was tough
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 4, 2013
Pros: seeing people change their lives
Wake up early work hard all day and go to bed late. Then wake up the next day and do it all over again. It may not sound like a great time but it was.
Challenging yet rewarding work
Teacher and Trainer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 29, 2013
I served for two years as a volunteer, self-funded representative as a trainer and teacher.
Best Two Years FOR my Life
Full Time Volunteer Missionary (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 22, 2013
Best Two Years FOR my Life. Helped me understand leadership, management, and work in a whole new way.
Best two years of my life
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 20, 2013
Loved the 2 years I spent as a contractor there. Lots of great folks (plus one or two soreheads--but I've seen a lot more of those in other organizations).
Best Place I have ever worked
Associate Java Engineer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTMarch 19, 2013
Pros: amazing management, hard working team, family oriented work environment
Cons: i work too far away from home.
My team is incredible. We work hard and get along. I have never been in an environment this productive and positive. Politics are left at the door (almost always). Literally this is the best job I have ever had.
Productive and efficient place to work.
Associate Producer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 19, 2013
I work with some of the most amazingly talented people on this planet. My managers are fair, and I couldn't ask for a better people to work with and place to work.
Excellent and varied opportunities to serve among individuals in communities around the world.
Volunteer (Former Employee), USA, Australia, United Kingdom, and IrelandMarch 18, 2013
Pros: giving service, working with individuals and living in a variety of areas
Cons: personal expense and long periods of time away from family at home
My volunteer service first took me to San Francisco, California where I worked with families providing spiritual teachings and community connections, mainly working with the Latino populations. In my service in Australia worked in records preservation, digitizing, organizing, gathering and shipping recorded data for genealogical research. I also participated – more... in teaching English as a secondary language. In Utah assisted individuals in doing genealogical research and in organizing and entering data of records. In Scotland my services were similar to those in Australia and in Ireland they were similar to those in California. In England provided one-on-one and group service in caring for and meeting the needs of patrons in a spiritual setting. The greatest joy and sometimes challenge was working with people with various needs and situations. It's service to the individual that counts. – less
Church lifestyle
Missionary (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 15, 2013
Pros: meet new people
I was away from home for 2 years promoting spiritual well-being. I was in charge of 6-8 other missionaries for a few months of my tenure. The best part of the job was that I was able to see spiritual conversion of individuals and learn the Spanish language.
Greatest Experience Ever
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2013
Pros: just amazing
Cons: nothing
Being a missionary is by far the most memorable of all experiences I've incurred thus far in my life
Missionary
LDS MISSIONARY (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 1, 2013
-Follow daily routine schedule
-Teaching skill, time management improving communication and speech
-Great Fellow Missionaries
-Leaving an area when you learn to love and serve the people in that area
-Serving the People!
Missionary Service
Missionary (Former Employee), JPCFebruary 25, 2013
I was a missionary for the church and was able to serve for the full 2 years i lived there

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos