The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employee Reviews in United States

Young Woman's President
Young Woman's President (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INNovember 2, 2015
I am the President to the Young Woman's organization in our church.
I teach and lead young woman 12-18 years old.
I work on annual budgets and organize meetings.
Pros
Spritually blessed
Cons
No cons
Loving and inspiring
Missionary/Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 29, 2015
All those that you work with you become close with, and you gain long-lasting relationships. You learn about how to help and uplift others, and are willing to put your own personal interests aside to help the interests of those that you meet.
volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 25, 2015
I enjoy helping others within my community and church. Volunteer service and helping others is an important part of my life.
Great Atmosphere and Purpose
IT Product Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTOctober 23, 2015
I enjoyed working with the LDS Church. Nothing negative to say about it. I wish they had offices in other states. Managers are great to lean from and I was given opportunities to do some meaningful work.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
None really
Very purpose driven. that is very loving environment to work at.
MISSIONARY (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IowaOctober 14, 2015
awesome place to be at. nothing like it in the world. being a missionary was the best experience that i ever had in my life.
Pros
Get a work car.
Cons
Long hours.
Fun and challenging.
Sister Training Leader (Former Employee) –  Jamaica and BahamasOctober 8, 2015
Working with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, was voluntary work (not paid). Lots of experiences in interacting with others and being a leader. Our days are always planned the night before. We basically would go throughout each day meeting with individuals who had a time set to see us. We usually work two by two and we work well with each other despite different personalities, in fact we learn how to work as a team to accomplish our work.
Cons
Lunch break. Dinner break
Amazing
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 7, 2015
It was amazing to dedicate all of my time and energy to serving the Lord Jesus Christ. A typical day was spent going to meetings to learn how to improve, studying the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and then sharing that with others.
Voluntary Missionary Service
Missionary / Missionary Leader (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2015
A typical day of worked consisted of several hours of early morning study, of different religious books as well as an hour of study of the Spanish language to be able to communicate proficiently.

We then left after a brief meal to try using different approaches and methods to invite people to hear the message that we shared.

I learned:
- How to be independent & Work proactively
- Responsible for my work
- To organize and manage different appointments
- To run activities to help those in the community
- To keep accurate and presentable records of all dealings and associations

We were a group of 300 people who were managed by several leaders and broken down into about teams of 12, as i was given charge of about 30, it was important that i worked with those beside and under me to ensure that we worked together to produce the desired results

The hardest part of the Job was helping others to keep motivated in the task. Essentially it comes down to personal choice and desire, if you are passionate about the work, then it is alot easier to be motivated in spite of difficulties that may be faced.

The most fun part of my job was learning Spanish and meeting and learning new things. The missionary service was a fast paced environment which had new things being added and changed everyday, it was exciting working under pressure and continually being placed in different places with varying challenges.
Pros
Fun, Diverse, Meeting new people, Learned a new language.
Missionary
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 2, 2015
As a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I was able to understand the Gospel in a whole new light.
Great Opportunity
Missionary- (Former Employee) –  Lima, Peru and Santa Cruz, BoliviaSeptember 25, 2015
This is a great opportunity for you to get out and see the world, help people, and learn responsibility. They take great care of you and help you set yourself for great opportunities in life.
Productive and fun work place
Choir Director, Janitorial, Teacher (Former Employee) –  ‘Ewa Beach, HISeptember 24, 2015
This job was a very fun and productive place to work at. Management was very friendly and kind. This Job was like family to me, they made me fill like I was home.
Job satisfaction
Missionary Work (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2015
Being a missionary can be difficult, but is highly rewarding even though you do not receive compensation. Some of the greatest experiences of my life.
Pros
Satisfaction of helping people make life changes.
Overall a great place to work with a few kinks in the system
Custodial Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahSeptember 7, 2015
Working for the LDS Church for so long has been great! It is awesome to meet such a diverse group of people! I have had many opportunities to advance to higher positions and I am constantly learning something new. However, the management in Custodial is not consistent and they do not handle every situation fairly.
This was a period of service without monitary compensation.
Mission to Italy (Former Employee) –  Several cities in ItalySeptember 7, 2015
We would have a study period in the morning, then go out to meet and teach people about the things that Jesus Christ has done for us to make our lives more happy and enjoyable. We had to learn the language on the job. It was difficult at first but became easier with time. I still have a thick American accent. The Italian children enjoyed hearing me talk. Their parents were happy to help us learn the language. They were glad that we weren't like tourists that expected them to know English.
Pros
Many new friends for life
Cons
It was sad to leave when my mission was over.
Productive, Positive, Progression,Diligence, Spiritual,Disciplined, Teacher Testimony Building, Many Friendships.
LDS Missionary (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MISeptember 4, 2015
As a Missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, I had never experienced anything such like serving as a full time missionary before. Serving a Mission was the hardest thing I have ever LOVED doing. It has benefited my life for the best, I think about it daily. Every single day I learned great discipline, Love for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for every single one of his children here on this earth. My conversion to Christ has become strengthened! While on my mission, I taught people every single day about Christ and His infinite Atonement, I helped them find their very own relationship with God and His son Jesus Christ! I got to see these people change from the inside out. Some days we would go from door to door trying to find more people to teach regardless if they had already heard some of the things that we have taught before, I know that they needed to hear more of it and how they could have their families for eternity! I was able to spread the happiest message of them all, letting them know that the Savior of the world Lives, and he has called a living Prophet and 12 Apostles to spread this glad tiding! There wasn't a day for those 18 months, that I didn't go outside and walk miles, talk to hundreds of people, just to find that one person that would let us in their door to listen and become converted. I am so grateful for this experience, it gives me daily progression and positive change in my life. I will use everything I learned from this experience daily and forever remember that I am a representative of Jesus Christ and a member of His church  more... here on the earth.  less
Pros
Hard work, Discipline, Personality growth, and a Love for positive change
Cons
Nothing. I do not regret one day of my mission.
Great company to work for
Supervisor III (Current Employee) –  SLC, UTSeptember 2, 2015
The LDS Church is a great company to work for. Good balance between home and work life. Challenging environment to improve processes and procedure and gain efficiencies in work.
Pros
Excellent benefits/retirement
Cons
Not enough opportunity for growth in management
Full time missionary/volunteer
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Broomall, PAAugust 28, 2015
I would talk to people about my beliefs a lot and try to help better their lives. I grew a lot as a person and learned more about what people care about and how to help them as a result of serving a mission.
Fast pace and dynamic workplace.
Service Missionary (Former Employee) –  Brazillia, BrazilAugust 28, 2015
Spending the entire day finding, and teaching people about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. The hardest part was learning portugese so that I could communicate with the people. It was extremly well managed, and everything had a place and a time. I loved my co-workers, and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping someone grow in their faith of the Lord, Jesus Christ.
Amazing un-paid service given
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDAugust 21, 2015
I spent two years serving for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints as a missionary. Everyday, i followed strict guidelines and went about the place where i was assigned, talking to as many people as i could and teaching them what i know.

I learned a lot about how to communicate with people and relate to them. I also learned how to understand where people are coming from.

Those that i worked with were hard at times and others that i worked with were absolutely amazing and taught me a lot.

I loved all the people that i met while serving and how much i learned.
Pros
Many kind people
Cons
Constantly tired and some hard people to work with
Learned who I am
Missionary (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 18, 2015
It was a long two years but I would not trade it for anything. The life style is very structured. The leaders are always learning. Best thing I ever did

4.8