The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employer Reviews

Best Place I have ever worked
Associate Java Engineer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTMarch 19, 2013
Pros: amazing management, hard working team, family oriented work environment
Cons: i work too far away from home.
My team is incredible. We work hard and get along. I have never been in an environment this productive and positive. Politics are left at the door (almost always). Literally this is the best job I have ever had.
Productive and efficient place to work.
Associate Producer (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 19, 2013
I work with some of the most amazingly talented people on this planet. My managers are fair, and I couldn't ask for a better people to work with and place to work.
Excellent and varied opportunities to serve among individuals in communities around the world.
Volunteer (Former Employee), USA, Australia, United Kingdom, and IrelandMarch 18, 2013
Pros: giving service, working with individuals and living in a variety of areas
Cons: personal expense and long periods of time away from family at home
My volunteer service first took me to San Francisco, California where I worked with families providing spiritual teachings and community connections, mainly working with the Latino populations. In my service in Australia worked in records preservation, digitizing, organizing, gathering and shipping recorded data for genealogical research. I also participated – more... in teaching English as a secondary language. In Utah assisted individuals in doing genealogical research and in organizing and entering data of records. In Scotland my services were similar to those in Australia and in Ireland they were similar to those in California. In England provided one-on-one and group service in caring for and meeting the needs of patrons in a spiritual setting. The greatest joy and sometimes challenge was working with people with various needs and situations. It's service to the individual that counts. – less
Church lifestyle
Missionary (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTMarch 15, 2013
Pros: meet new people
I was away from home for 2 years promoting spiritual well-being. I was in charge of 6-8 other missionaries for a few months of my tenure. The best part of the job was that I was able to see spiritual conversion of individuals and learn the Spanish language.
Greatest Experience Ever
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 15, 2013
Pros: just amazing
Cons: nothing
Being a missionary is by far the most memorable of all experiences I've incurred thus far in my life
Missionary
LDS MISSIONARY (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 1, 2013
-Follow daily routine schedule
-Teaching skill, time management improving communication and speech
-Great Fellow Missionaries
-Leaving an area when you learn to love and serve the people in that area
-Serving the People!
Missionary Service
Missionary (Former Employee), JPCFebruary 25, 2013
I was a missionary for the church and was able to serve for the full 2 years i lived there
Positive Environment
Functional and Business Analyst (Current Employee), Riverton, UTFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: values and work environment.
Cons: salary scales and organizational management
This is a great place to work because of the people and environment. Is there another workplace that would say a prayer at the beginning of a technology meeting?
Really enjoyable work if you love talking to people.
Missionary (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: gained a great respect for other people and their beliefs.
Cons: left our family friends for two years with limited communcation.
We went out and talked to as many people we could about our religion. If they were interested we would continue teaching them. If they weren't interested we left and wouldn't bother them.
One Time Thing
Volunteer Housekeep (Former Employee), University Place, WAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: gained confidence, fun, quick and easy
I had done this type of volunteering cleaning job to help out a friend and her church I admired the confidence that they had to just go up to complete strangers and offer our services to clean their homes.
I loved this job! It was the best!
Missionary (Former Employee), Billings, MTFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: co-workers and management
Cons: far from family and home
I got to travel, meet new people, change lives for the better, learn how to deal with many problems, learned how to plan, do with out TV and much much more
I loved this job but it wasn't near my family
Missionary (Former Employee), Billings, MTFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: co-workers and management
Cons: low pay, far from family
I got to travel, watch t.v. at work, the family that I worked with had high values, and I learned sales techniques
Hardest thing I've ever done
Full-Time Missionary Service (Former Employee), New JerseyJanuary 27, 2013
Being a missionary is a 24 hour job, and is the most enjoyable work there is. Being able to sacrifice your time and money for 2 years straight was a fantastic experience and anyone that is able to, should do it.
Mission
Missionary (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2013
was able to understand and help people be what they wanted to be. helped me understand the meaning of life.
Lots of opportunities for innovation and leadership
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, competitive salary, creatively fulfilling work
Cons: lack of management, feels like a startup, no bottom line to drive performance
I loved the flexibility in my work at the Church. I felt I could innovate in almost any way, helping improve on strategies, methods, and deliverables. I had a lot of independence and freedom to do my work.
Excellent Work Environment
Team Lead, Automation Programmer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: balance of work and personal life, great benefits.
Cons: becoming full time employee can be difficult.
Great people to work with. Work is challenging. Many opportunities for growth and training.
Great Company
Storekeeper (Former Employee), Logan, UTJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: understanding
This of course is an excellent company to work for. Very understanding and flexible to work for. Good benefits.
Service
Business Intelligence Engineer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTJanuary 2, 2013
Motivation to work is high knowing who you are working for.

Management is understanding when it comes to the family.

Work days are hard and long. Expectations are high but pay is low compared to market.

Co-workers are mixed just like any other corporation.
Forward-thinking, collborative organization
Internship (Current Employee), Provo, UTDecember 23, 2012
Pros: lots of human resources
Cons: adopting new standards sometimes slow, but not closed.
The LDS Church is a global organization that develops products that are very professionally polished. Each project I worked on had available professional graphics artists, sound engineers, voice talent, actors, animators, translators, web developers and project managers. As an instructional designer this was great because I could focus on writing and – more... working with clients. – less
A great experience where you have to learn fast and be quick on your toes.
Minister/Missionary (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXDecember 12, 2012
Pros: working with great people and seeing lives change.
Cons: it is very demanding work so you get very tired...
In a normal day we conducting outreach activates to find people to teach gospel and Church doctrine; organize teaching appointments to be mile smart, teaching in a clear and effective manner, keeping up to date and organized with paper work and filing, working with local and ecclesiastical leaders to coordinate teaching and outreach programs and training – more... new missionaries. All this done with minimal supervision. Even though this was volunteer work, we where more then compensated. – less

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos