The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Employer Reviews

Missionary
LDS MISSIONARY (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIMarch 1, 2013
-Follow daily routine schedule
-Teaching skill, time management improving communication and speech
-Great Fellow Missionaries
-Leaving an area when you learn to love and serve the people in that area
-Serving the People!
Missionary Service
Missionary (Former Employee), JPCFebruary 25, 2013
I was a missionary for the church and was able to serve for the full 2 years i lived there
Positive Environment
Functional and Business Analyst (Current Employee), Riverton, UTFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: values and work environment.
Cons: salary scales and organizational management
This is a great place to work because of the people and environment. Is there another workplace that would say a prayer at the beginning of a technology meeting?
Really enjoyable work if you love talking to people.
Missionary (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: gained a great respect for other people and their beliefs.
Cons: left our family friends for two years with limited communcation.
We went out and talked to as many people we could about our religion. If they were interested we would continue teaching them. If they weren't interested we left and wouldn't bother them.
One Time Thing
Volunteer Housekeep (Former Employee), University Place, WAFebruary 4, 2013
Pros: gained confidence, fun, quick and easy
I had done this type of volunteering cleaning job to help out a friend and her church I admired the confidence that they had to just go up to complete strangers and offer our services to clean their homes.
I loved this job! It was the best!
Missionary (Former Employee), Billings, MTFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: co-workers and management
Cons: far from family and home
I got to travel, meet new people, change lives for the better, learn how to deal with many problems, learned how to plan, do with out TV and much much more
I loved this job but it wasn't near my family
Missionary (Former Employee), Billings, MTFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: co-workers and management
Cons: low pay, far from family
I got to travel, watch t.v. at work, the family that I worked with had high values, and I learned sales techniques
Hardest thing I've ever done
Full-Time Missionary Service (Former Employee), New JerseyJanuary 27, 2013
Being a missionary is a 24 hour job, and is the most enjoyable work there is. Being able to sacrifice your time and money for 2 years straight was a fantastic experience and anyone that is able to, should do it.
Mission
Missionary (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 23, 2013
was able to understand and help people be what they wanted to be. helped me understand the meaning of life.
Lots of opportunities for innovation and leadership
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: friendly environment, competitive salary, creatively fulfilling work
Cons: lack of management, feels like a startup, no bottom line to drive performance
I loved the flexibility in my work at the Church. I felt I could innovate in almost any way, helping improve on strategies, methods, and deliverables. I had a lot of independence and freedom to do my work.
Excellent Work Environment
Team Lead, Automation Programmer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: balance of work and personal life, great benefits.
Cons: becoming full time employee can be difficult.
Great people to work with. Work is challenging. Many opportunities for growth and training.
Great Company
Storekeeper (Former Employee), Logan, UTJanuary 5, 2013
Pros: understanding
This of course is an excellent company to work for. Very understanding and flexible to work for. Good benefits.
Service
Business Intelligence Engineer (Current Employee), Riverton, UTJanuary 2, 2013
Motivation to work is high knowing who you are working for.

Management is understanding when it comes to the family.

Work days are hard and long. Expectations are high but pay is low compared to market.

Co-workers are mixed just like any other corporation.
Forward-thinking, collborative organization
Internship (Current Employee), Provo, UTDecember 23, 2012
Pros: lots of human resources
Cons: adopting new standards sometimes slow, but not closed.
The LDS Church is a global organization that develops products that are very professionally polished. Each project I worked on had available professional graphics artists, sound engineers, voice talent, actors, animators, translators, web developers and project managers. As an instructional designer this was great because I could focus on writing and – more... working with clients. – less
A great experience where you have to learn fast and be quick on your toes.
Minister/Missionary (Former Employee), Kingwood, TXDecember 12, 2012
Pros: working with great people and seeing lives change.
Cons: it is very demanding work so you get very tired...
In a normal day we conducting outreach activates to find people to teach gospel and Church doctrine; organize teaching appointments to be mile smart, teaching in a clear and effective manner, keeping up to date and organized with paper work and filing, working with local and ecclesiastical leaders to coordinate teaching and outreach programs and training – more... new missionaries. All this done with minimal supervision. Even though this was volunteer work, we where more then compensated. – less
Very rewarding, excelent work enviorement, good interaction with people
Service Missionary (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 11, 2012
Pros: satisfaction of being a help to those in need
Cons: there were none
This job was managing a food distribution warehouse, with the responsibility of providing food products for members in need of welfare commodities. I learned to work closlely with other missionary couples and to be compassionate with all patrons in filling there commodit orders. Learned oedering, inventorying.receiving, shipping,route management,billing. – more... buying,forklift operation, training for OSHA and the food and Drug Administration – less
Summertime girl fun
Youth Camp Leader Presidency(First Counselor) (Former Employee), Scranton, PADecember 6, 2012
Pros: everything!
Cons: outdoors, not everyone can be in this.
If you are a member of any LDS church and if you are a female over the age of 16.... why not show your talents and skills. This is not a job you apply for, it is given to someone who shows that they have what it takes to lead.
This organization is very safe and is planned very precisely so everything will run smoothly. Others in the presidency are amazing – more... to work with and take their jobs seriously.
The hardest part is making sure everything goes as planned.
The most enjoyable parts are attending campfires and making skits. – less
Safe evironment, easy work, sometimes a lot to do, good pay, supervisor's are fair and good.
Custodian (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTDecember 5, 2012
Clock in at the time clock, collect keys from shift leader, go to assigned floor collect equipment to clean, ten minute break if you want to take it, continue cleaning get tasks done, return equipment to the closet and go return rags to laundry, and then return keys to shift leader and clock out.

Once you get the job down and you know your assignment – more... by heart you can find other ways to get the job done that is easiest for you.

Management is fair, and moral is really good.

Co-workers are friendly and are always willing to lend a helping hand if needed.

When people call in sick and we don't have enough workers to cover all the jobs and so some workers end up having to do two jobs a work shift.

The people, getting to listen to music while we work, safe good environment to work in. – less
Changing hearts one at a time
Missionary (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 1, 2012
Each day we had a personal and companionship study then by 10AM we left out the door to look for people to teach or help those we see in need. I always had one companion with me where we'd teach lessons together or actually did everything together. We organized groups like the young men and women of the church to help with service projects in communities. – more... We studied and taught our fellow missionaries on how we can better serve those we have stewardship over. Then by 9PM we came in to review what we did and plan for the next day. It was a great 18mos of my life! Hard because of the emotional and physical aspect of it but so rewarding because I got to be an instrument in helping others be happy. – less
I love it. I've learned a lot about life and people skills. I spoke two languages.
Volunteer Representative (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 8, 2012
Pros: everything. the best two years
Cons: none.
I taught people about the church and helped them to progress. I really enjoyed it.

About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the LDS Church or, informally, the Mormon Church) is a Christian primitivist – Read more

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Photos