The Cincinnati Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Cincinnati Financial Corporation, stands among the nation’s top 25 property casualty insurer groups, based on direct written premiums. Our commitment to the independent agency system began in 1950 and is our company’s core strength and competitive advantage. We excel by offering agents and policyholders a local presence, unparalleled claims service, loss control consultation services, work-saving technology initiatives, and competitive products, rates and compensation.
The business intelligence specialist develops reports, collaboratively designs semantic layer, partners with the business community to design and create dashboards, and supports Cognos platforms and applications. Serve as a liaison between IT and the business teams to understand and fulfill their business intelligence and reporting information needs.
Ideal candidates can understand business functional requirements and reporting tool functionality, synthesize the requirements and reporting capabilities into functional specification, prepare technical specifications, and develop and test the final product.
The business intelligence specialist also provides leadership for projects where he or she serves as the developer or manages others, maintaining the relationships with business process owners and implementing contingency plans in response to scope and requirements changes.
- lead user requirements gathering and documentation designs
- proactively conduct data investigations and assists the business partners with complex data analysis and ad-hoc queries
- lead application and technical architecture analysis, design and implementation, and ensures product fulfills requirements
- develop application products and deliverables throughout the development life cycle, including model prototype design in Framework Manager and other design and development activities with the Cognos toolset at an expert level and teach others
- lead efforts with Data Management and DB2 database developers to troubleshoot reporting issues and in designing new reporting applications to ensure reporting requests can be supported by the underlying data source
- adhere to all metadata management and data quality standards by leading quality management reviews
- expertly understand configuration dependencies and interrelationships between Cognos and other data warehouse and business intelligence tools and designs, and troubleshoot as needed
- provide alternatives based on best practices for Business Intelligence and Cognos toolset functionality
- proactively identify, build and maintain relationships with business process owners and colleagues
- identify changes in scope or work effort that could result in budgetary overrun or the missing of delivery dates and implement contingency
- demonstrate expert ability to understand, analyze and solve problems
- strong team working skills, an analytical nature, self-motivated and excellent written and oral communication skills
- strong SQL knowledge for utilization in query optimization and tuning in a BI environment
- ability to comprehend technical and logical concepts and adapt quickly to changes
- ability to maintain own workflow and meet deadlines while managing parallel project deliverables with minimal direction
- ability to create effective visual models to enable collective understanding of processes, data flow, user interaction, and others as needed
- mentor development team members in design and development of BI solutions
- basic knowledge of insurance industry and risk management
- prior reporting application support experience
- track record of successfully architecting small, medium and enterprise scale solutions
- three or more years of business requirements experience
- three or more years of hands on experience developing and supporting a BI reporting application like Cognos, Hyperion, Business Objects, Actuate, or ProClarity (a training plan will be created based on candidate credentials)
- preferred experience working with dimensional modeling including facts and dimensions, star and snowflake schemas, and OLAP tools and techniques
Selected associates receive a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including a matching 401(k). Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard