CSU Producer Resources Inc. has immediate openings for experienced excess and surplus lines production underwriters in several regions, including greater Scottsdale/Phoenix, AZ, Baltimore, MD and Philadelphia, PA. CSU Producer Resources, Inc. is the sole brokerage for the Cincinnati Specialty Underwriters Insurance Company, which works exclusively with independent agencies licensed and appointed with The Cincinnati Insurance Companies.
Underwrite and price new and renewal surplus lines commercial property and casualty business:
- determine individual risk acceptability, pricing, coverage, terms and conditions
- develop, analyze and evaluate information and exposures for complex risks
- achieve production and loss ratio goals within assigned territory
- work independently with a high level of authority and judgment
- determine need for and secure appropriate reinsurance on individual accounts
- mentor and train underwriters and underwriting assistants
- develop successful business relationships with agents, producers and reinsurers
- research for new products and coverage forms
- ASLI or CPCU designations preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook a plus
- strong interpersonal skills
- organizational skills
- analytical and negotiating abilities
- Prior excess and surplus casualty underwriting experience with a carrier, broker or MGA is preferred. Candidates with a carrier background will be given preference
- Position requires some travel. Evening hours may also be required.
Indeed - 2 years ago