The Cincinnati Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Cincinnati Financial Corporation, stands among the nation’s top 25 property casualty insurer groups, based on direct written premiums. Our commitment to the independent agency system began in 1950 and is our company’s core strength and competitive advantage. We excel by offering agents and policyholders a local presence, unparalleled claims service, loss control consultation services, work-saving technology initiatives, and competitive products, rates and compensation.
We are currently searching for a payroll specialist to coordinate payroll functions and ensure accurate timely compensation to employees according to established policies and procedures. Generate and maintain payroll records for all biweekly regular and special payroll runs. Report directly to the senior payroll manager and help with payroll preparations for more than 4,300 U.S. based employees.
- prepare and audit payroll
- conduct weekly data audits and correct errors accordingly
- build reports to support business needs
- run reports, create deducation files and audit payroll registers
- take on special projects as requested
- ensure compliance with internal pay policies and practices
- answer associates payroll questions and facilitate timely resolutions to discrepencies
- associates degree in accounting
- five or more years of current payroll experience (current or worked with payroll within the last six months)
- experience with PeopleSoft HR/Payroll computerized payroll and PeopleSoft accounting applications
- ability to efficiently organize workload and adapt quickly to change
- ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment while using good judgement
- strong attention to detail and confident decision making skills
- ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- strong analytical and creative skills
- proficient in Excel and Word
- experience with MasterTax payroll tax application
- Certified Payroll Professional designation
- bachelor's degree in accounting or business
Selected associates receive a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including a matching 401(k). Equal Opportunity Employer.