The Cincinnati Insurance Companies

The Cincinnati Insurance Companies Employee Reviews

Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAAugust 1, 2017
Productive crew. Reliable. team oriented. Excellent envirnment to work in on a daily basis. Advancement within the company. Professional co workers. clean
Productive and rewarding, family atmosphere
Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, OHMay 30, 2017
CIC is a great place to work. The environment is relaxed and positive. In general, management invests in career development, encourages innovation, and rewards high performers. I would definitely recommend CIC to anyone currently living in or considering a move to the Greater Cincinnati area.
Commercial large accounts department intern (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 8, 2017
i enjoy the work place culture and opportunities for advancement. I learned a lot of skills related to underwriting. Management was very nice and flexible.
Pros
Much better than major insurance companies!
Field Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  MidwestJuly 18, 2016
I switched from a major insurance company, and it has been a night and day difference! We have time to complete claims, and make up our own schedules. The learning curve is steep since we are multi-line, but each claim that comes in is different each day. Management is very supportive and makes their employees feel appreciated.

The downside is the learning curve since we handle everything from start to finish. There are no separate departments. It can be overwhelming starting out since training is short. Technology could be better, along with pay, but overall, it's a great company to work for. Many people average 10-20 years tenure, and that says a lot.
Pros
Make up own schedule, supporting management, company vehicle.
Cons
Lower pay, handling all aspects of a claim with no specialty departments.
Great place
Information Technology Testing Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 11, 2016
This was a great place to intern for a college student. I was able to work part time and make a schedule that worked around my school schedule. I was able to experience the corporate world before actually graduating college. I had an amazing experience here.
Stay Away!!!
Former Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 14, 2016
This used to be a great company. Once one of the most respected insurance companies in the industry is now nothing more than a sweat shop that treats it's employees like minions. The accountants are now in charge instead of insurance professionals. Pay and benefits are way below industry average and workload is overwhelming. They want 1 employee to do 3 employees jobs.
Pros
Cons
70 hour work week
poor relations to its employees
IT (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, ohioOctober 23, 2015
This company cares nothing about its employees. It's the same old rich man getting richer story. They fire people with Cancer because they've missed too much time going through chemo. You have to do stupid goals that don't matter because even if you avre them you won't get a raise.
Pros
Cons
never got to take a lunch
About average as LC positions go
Loss Control Consultant (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 3, 2015
Large territory with extreme workload. Prospect accounts take priority thus hampering your ability to handle the large amount of assignments in your territory. Falls significantly short in technology and report writing systems. The department has almost quadrupled in 4 years and is definitely experiencing growing pains and turnover.
Pros
Independent work schedule
Cons
Inadequate technology, large territory and workload
Good Company bad IT Support Service
Desktop Management Technician II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 13, 2015
Company is a good work place.

Company Loyalty to Associate has diminished over the years but is still a good company as has their Claims service.

Human Resource Department not friendly to employee.

Insurance side of the house is very structured and works well.

Internal IT support is sorely lacking. To many Managers, Unrealistic Performance goals, Poor Management, Poor tools.
Pros
Subsidized Lunch on Premise
Cons
IT Support Services poorly Managed
Fun work environment, Good communication with managers and CEO and CRO.
Corporate Actuarial Intern (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHAugust 22, 2014
I learned a lot of coding in VBA for Excel, I learned how to query using Access and the Essbase Cube in Excel. The managers were all very open to my ideas and questions. The CEO knows me by name. My co-workers were great to ask for help and included me in lunch and social activities. A typical day at work was spent working on my assigned projects, going to meetings, and meeting with a mentor. The hardest part of the job was knowing when to ask for help and when to know I could figure something out on my own. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting with other departments and learning about the company.
Pros
$2.50 lunch deduction, great and energetic work environment, open communication with managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Cincinnati Insurance Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

The Cincinnati Insurance Companies Reviews by Location