The City College of New York Employee Reviews

The Staff is helpful and extrmemly friendly.
Patient Care Technician Program (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2017
City College has professionals and each Staff member you encounter is knowledgeable and points you in the right direction
This is a college in Harlem.
Tutoring position on campus, flexible hours, kind coworkers
Peer Engineering Tutor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2017
Tutoring at the City College of New York was a great experience. The hours are given to you based on your availability. Great management and kind coworkers that are also students within the school.
Productive Workplace with Energy
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2017
Working at The City College of New York has allowed me to learn multiple procedures such as how an office works. I have learned many skills in the office such as the use of multiple applications such as Adobe Illustrator and experience speaking to other individuals over the phone and in person.

The management is excellent and they are very friendly and tend to talk about anything that may bother me. The management makes you feel like family and that you may be able to tell them anything, and vice versa as well.

The hardest part of the job is where we reach the most busy part in the semester due to either midterms, finals or graduation and we have an really high amount of students and faculty, as well as outside individuals to assist all while managing to work on our assignments in the office.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with all the employees who each are amazing in their own right. They make the workplace very easy and fun to work in and makes you want to come to work everyday.
Pros
Amazing management and co workers.
Cons
Could be stressful when the workplace becomes busy.
Good place to grow
DEAN OF HUMANITIES, NEW (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2015
Good place to grow and gain experience. Has good benefits as well. I like that the company I work for is not too paternalistic.
knowledge rich experience.
Archives Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2015
Directed at teaching college students explore all office running related knowledge, archives systems training to grow and develop extra Friendly educated staff.
A Learning Experience
PeopleSoft Campus Solutions College Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2015
Been here for almost 3 years and have learned the insides of financial aid procedures to help students get the fullest of receiving the fullest aid to go to college.
educational environment is fabulous
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2015
It is a wonderful educational enviornment as well as a work environment. It has been a pleasure being part of the City College of New York,
Great Place to Wotk
Student Disability Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
The coworkers are friendly, very laid back, supportive team environment. Very easy to move up quickly to manager position. Direct supervision.
Cons
not enough pay
Productive and Less Intense Workplace
Becoming a mentor to guide new students (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
There are a lot of good things in working at the City College of New York, apart from meeting a lot of nice people, also the employer are really nice with the new hires, although many mistakes that are made by them. The hardest part is probably how to manage everything, from time to work.
Place to help others grow and develop autonomous curriculum
ADJUNCT LECTURER, PUBLIC SERVICE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2015
This position is something I like doing in addition to another full-time job.

The workload is sporadic - each teacher is given leeway to develop their own curriculum and assignments, so the workload is largely self-imposed.

A typical class day consisted of arriving after my other job ended at around 6, teaching for two hours and then correcting papers throughout the week, while planning future lessons.

The best part of the job was interacting with the students, who are exceptional and from diverse backgrounds.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the work in the time outside your other commitments. Also, the compensation is, unfortunately, far beneath what it should be.
Pros
Autonomy, job benefits like office space, lunchroom and student interaction
Cons
Compensation
Great working environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
It is a very busy office, I send my day assistant higher personal in the office with various projects. I answer telephone, pay bills, work on excel.
No room to grow
Science and Engineering Lecturer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2015
It is a college and there is no room to grow. They pay well for teaching positions. I earned enough money to pay my tuitions.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not secure
Good supervisors
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2015
I Enjoy working here. Work is flexible and management is great. Supervisors are excellent and provide good feedback. Coworkers are excellent and always available to help out.
Best Engineering School in New York City
Design Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
Best value for the price education in New York. Very talented and acclaimed professors in the Engineering School, great extracurricular programs.
Productive and great learning experience.
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day at work would vary from one day to the next. I worked with professors and fellow classmates by assisting in data analysis and setting up laboratory experiments. I enjoyed working in a team that aimed to perform a general goal and working with my classmates.
Fun workplace
Lifeguard and Student Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2014
* open the Fitness Center in the mornings
* make sure all students working out in the gym are safe and behave appropriately
Office Management
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2014
Learned a lot about office management and customer service.
Flexible schedule
Great part time job
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2014
You are paid well hourly but not paid for grading papers and helping students beyond office hours. The job is rewarding though.
Productive and fun watching games
Game Day Staff for the School's Sports Games (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work is loading up vans with equipment for games and setting up equipment for games. We keep scores and stats of the game. Games are usually fun and exciting
a place full of paper work good to keep you busy all day
Office Assistant, Career Center (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2013
I enjoyed working with number. I liked the flexibility. I completed my duties and work as expected on a daily basis. What I didn't like about the job was how the accountant CEO and associate communicated with the staff, they use a harsh tone of voice completely inappropriate. I got along well with my co-workers. I stopped working there because the firm merged.
Pros
I learned a lot and enjoyed working with numbers
Cons
managemnt did not have too much of interpersonal skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The City College of New York. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4