The City College of New York Employee Reviews in United States

Place to help others grow and develop autonomous curriculum
ADJUNCT LECTURER, PUBLIC SERVICE MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2015
This position is something I like doing in addition to another full-time job.

The workload is sporadic - each teacher is given leeway to develop their own curriculum and assignments, so the workload is largely self-imposed.

A typical class day consisted of arriving after my other job ended at around 6, teaching for two hours and then correcting papers throughout the week, while planning future lessons.

The best part of the job was interacting with the students, who are exceptional and from diverse backgrounds.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the work in the time outside your other commitments. Also, the compensation is, unfortunately, far beneath what it should be.
Pros
Autonomy, job benefits like office space, lunchroom and student interaction
Cons
Compensation
A Learning Experience
PeopleSoft Campus Solutions College Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2015
Been here for almost 3 years and have learned the insides of financial aid procedures to help students get the fullest of receiving the fullest aid to go to college.
knowledge rich experience.
Archives Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2015
Directed at teaching college students explore all office running related knowledge, archives systems training to grow and develop extra Friendly educated staff.
Productive and Less Intense Workplace
Becoming a mentor to guide new students (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2015
There are a lot of good things in working at the City College of New York, apart from meeting a lot of nice people, also the employer are really nice with the new hires, although many mistakes that are made by them. The hardest part is probably how to manage everything, from time to work.
educational environment is fabulous
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2015
It is a wonderful educational enviornment as well as a work environment. It has been a pleasure being part of the City College of New York,
Great Place to Wotk
Student Disability Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2015
The coworkers are friendly, very laid back, supportive team environment. Very easy to move up quickly to manager position. Direct supervision.
Cons
not enough pay
a place full of paper work good to keep you busy all day
Office Assistant, Career Center (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2013
I enjoyed working with number. I liked the flexibility. I completed my duties and work as expected on a daily basis. What I didn't like about the job was how the accountant CEO and associate communicated with the staff, they use a harsh tone of voice completely inappropriate. I got along well with my co-workers. I stopped working there because the firm merged.
Pros
i learned a lot and enjoyed working with numbers
Cons
managemnt did not have too much of interpersonal skills
Great working environment
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2015
It is a very busy office, I send my day assistant higher personal in the office with various projects. I answer telephone, pay bills, work on excel.
Good supervisors
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2015
I Enjoy working here. Work is flexible and management is great. Supervisors are excellent and provide good feedback. Coworkers are excellent and always available to help out.
Productive and easy going atmosphere
Freelance Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2012
In a typical day at work, I would greet walk-ins, students, the general public and answer the inquiries. I would work on flyers as needed and the atmosphere was very relaxed. My boss was not overbearing and often gave me the space and time I needed to finish given assignments. My coworkers were few but fun and easy to be around. As a group we were very productive and enjoyed each others company. The most difficult part of the job was trying to tweak flyers to make them more appealing to the heads of the department. This was also the most enjoyable part of the job in that, it was what I loved to do. I learned office etiqutte and how it contributes to the production of the business.
Pros
flexible schedules, great atmosphere
Friendly Work Environment
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2012
Friendly staff, and personable management. Not as rigid as corporate environments. Difficult to advance, but advancement is indeed possible.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
difficulty advancing
No room to grow
Science and Engineering Lecturer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2015
It is a college and there is no room to grow. They pay well for teaching positions. I earned enough money to pay my tuitions.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not secure
Fun environment, quick workers and interesting experiences
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2012
There was never a typical day at work as most of the days weren't the same. Events needed to be planned, workshops needed to be done, e-mails needed to be answered, as well as phones and mail. If I was able to fix it, do it, write it, any of the above I was doing it. I met many people in the process and also worked with many. The office was a family which made going to work and doing work easy and enjoyable.
Pros
meeting new people, and learning new things (programs, workshops)
Cons
pay
Productive and great learning experience.
Assistant Researcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2015
A typical day at work would vary from one day to the next. I worked with professors and fellow classmates by assisting in data analysis and setting up laboratory experiments. I enjoyed working in a team that aimed to perform a general goal and working with my classmates.
Best Engineering School in New York City
Design Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 5, 2015
Best value for the price education in New York. Very talented and acclaimed professors in the Engineering School, great extracurricular programs.
Productive and fun
Office Assistant/College Aide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2013
I like working at the Alumni Association of CCNY. I was trained to talk to people in a professional manner at any situation. I had the opportunity to attend the Annual Dinner and meet Alumni from different years. Leaned how to work with the database and enter data.
Pros
attend annual dinner
Office Management
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2014
Learned a lot about office management and customer service.
Flexible schedule
Fun workplace
Lifeguard and Student Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 16, 2014
* open the Fitness Center in the mornings
* make sure all students working out in the gym are safe and behave appropriately
Productive and fun watching games
Game Day Staff for the School's Sports Games (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2013
A typical day at work is loading up vans with equipment for games and setting up equipment for games. We keep scores and stats of the game. Games are usually fun and exciting
One of the best places I have worked
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 29, 2012
With great colleagues and supervisors, teachers and scholars focused on student development, this is a wonderful school. Excellent resources are available to faculty and students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The City College of New York. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3